Robert Bazzocchi as Pinkus 
Julius Cho as Chet
Ghosts_trevorspants-handout.jpg?resize=7
ghosts-trevors-pants.jpg?auto=webp&width

Next New Episode: April 14

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 5
(edited)

What about Trevor's poor family?  Did he have parents?

And did he never have Sam Google-search for his obituary?  Or try to do it himself?  As Sakura12 says below, he searched for and found his own obituary and used the picture for his dating profile.  But how would the date of death be known if no body was ever found?  And wouldn't a search for him by name have turned up something about him disappearing?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And did he never have Sam Google-search for his obituary?  Or try to do it himself?

I thought his obituary was the source of his dating profile photo.  Or have I remembered wrong?

Why didn’t Pinkus ever ask about the missing Trevor?  

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, TruffleHog said:

Did they really dump him in the lake?  If so, how was his body discovered?

I don't think it ever was, or that house would be even more notorious.

And where did Sam get a bottle of Chekhov ChilI from on such short notice?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And did he never have Sam Google-search for his obituary?  Or try to do it himself?

He used his obituary picture on the dating site. He searched for it himself.

I love that they really flesh out the ghosts, Trevor actually being a good guy by helping out Pinkus? I wonder what happened to him after Trevor's death. I'm guessing Trevor was reported missing then later declared dead. And his body was never found. 

I like the way they got back at Ari and now they should have enough money to fix up the B&B. 

Thorfin and Flower interviewing the ghosts for their throple was great. And they even found the headless guy. I wonder where the head is. 

• Love 22
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

He used his obituary picture on the dating site. He searched for it himself.

. . .  I'm guessing Trevor was reported missing then later declared dead. And his body was never found. 

You're right about the obituary, but how would the date of death be known if no body was ever found?  And wouldn't a search for him by name have turned up something about him disappearing?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

You're right about the obituary, but how would the date of death be known if no body was ever found?  And wouldn't a search for him by name have turned up something about him disappearing?

I'm assuming Trevor has parents and if he never showed up at work again someone would report him as missing. He was probably declared dead at some point. There are plenty of people that are never found. It depends on how hard he was looking. I think he was just looking for a picture and went to image search so he wouldn't see any articles. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
Just now, Sakura12 said:

I'm assuming Trevor has parents and if he never showed up at work again someone would report him as missing. He was probably declared dead at some point. There are plenty of people that are never found. 

I agree with everything you are saying, I just think that there would be something about his mysterious disappearance that would be found on the internet by searching his name.

• Love 5

This was the best episode yet. I loved both plots . Thorfin and Flower were really sweet together. I hope that nothing happens to the money Sam and Jay got for the watch. I hate it when something good happens to a character only to have it reserved in the next episode. I loved the scene with Pete Sam and Thorfin watching television. She has accepted the ghosts as her family. I also would like to meet Trevor's parents and Jay's too. Did Sam say if her dad was alive? I can't wait for the prom episode.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

Poor Crash! Can’t someone find his head? 
Chekhov Chill couldn’t have been straight vodka if they chugged it like that. What could it have been back in 2000?

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, nora1992 said:

I thought his obituary was the source of his dating profile photo.  Or have I remembered wrong?

You haven't remembered incorrectly, but that made no sense back when that episode aired, and it still makes no sense now.  Forget about how bad a circa-2000 digital image file would look on a 2022 dating profile -- I can assure you that very, very few obituaries from 2000 still exist online, and those that do are those of very famous people, and not of random finance douchebros who vanished during upstate frat parties gone wrong.

Now, if Trevor had pulled his dating profile photo from a FindAGrave.com memorial, that would be different....

• Love 5

During our break between episodes, some of us were amusing ourselves on the small talk thread matching objects to ghosts in the Ghosts opening. We had discovered them all, and each object had been mentioned in an episode - except Trevor's money clip. madmax suggested it might appear in this episode, and hey, presto! They were correct!

image.png

• Useful 7
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And did he never have Sam Google-search for his obituary?  Or try to do it himself?  As Sakura12 says below, he searched for and found his own obituary and used the picture for his dating profile.  But how would the date of death be known if no body was ever found?  And wouldn't a search for him by name have turned up something about him disappearing?

And just because they got rid of the body, those guys still would have been investigated.  Trevor did PInkus a solid by giving him pants (and underwear).  Did he just shrug when he didn't come back?

But, let's just take a moment to acknowledge that Trevor really did die in the most stupid way possible.

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Ms Lark said:

I'm actually surprised Trevor didn't get "sucked off" due to his act of kindness, but I'm just as glad he's still around.

My theory about that is that he has unresolved feelings about never having found love, and about how the bros he thought of as his were really not... so he's working out his grief and loneliness by staying. Really, none of the ghosts died at a ripe old age without regrets and unfinished stuff. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

This was the best episode yet. I loved both plots . Thorfin and Flower were really sweet together. I hope that nothing happens to the money Sam and Jay got for the watch. I hate it when something good happens to a character only to have it reserved in the next episode. I loved the scene with Pete Sam and Thorfin watching television. She has accepted the ghosts as her family. I also would like to meet Trevor's parents and Jay's too. Did Sam say if her dad was alive? I can't wait for the prom episode.

Me too.  The main thing I dislike about the British version is that Alison and Mike are so damn hapless.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Lark said:

Awesome episode. "I thought you'd never ask." 😆 I'm actually surprised Trevor didn't get "sucked off" due to his act of kindness, but I'm just as glad he's still around.

Sassapis for the win. What a guy.

The more I think about it, the more I realize Ghosts should be nominated for a casting Emmy. I don't think there's a single miscast in the entire crew. What a great ensemble!

It really does have a great cast of characters.  Not one is unlikeable.  I can’t pick a favorite among them.

• Love 9

It was a funny episode, but for some reason I was put off by the "Trevor was actually a nice guy" plot.  For me, it's okay if Trevor was a d-bag in life. It makes no difference to who he is now.

Everyone doesn't have to be likeable for it to be a good sitcom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Yeah, the American version of this show seems determined to soften all the characters, where in the original version, the Trevor counterpart is an almost irredeemable douche.  (He is nice to Kitty at times.)

Someone in my house also wondered that if they found Trevor's body, would allow him to be sucked off?  Like something of a closure?  I dunno.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

But, let's just take a moment to acknowledge that Trevor really did die in the most stupid way possible.

I don't know about that. For me, standing in the line of fire when you should know better, in front of people who don't know what they are doing with a bow and arrow, is stupider.

I loved how the ghosts were right there and Isaac launched into his "we are ghosts" speech as soon as Trevor dropped dead. I guess it was always like a show for them whenever there were any goings-on at the mansion.  But there was no reason for the ghosts to expect that someone would join their ranks during the proceedings - and still Isaac was ready!  Same speech he tried using to welcome Sam's great aunt some twenty years later, too.  He probably honed it for centuries.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

I disagree I watch Ghosts because everyone is likable. I'm tired of shows like Seinfeld with people who I find annoying. It also helps that the cast are supportive of each other in real life.

To each their own.

Seinfeld is a pretty extreme example. I want the cast to be likeable too, but in a large ensemble like "Ghosts", it's okay if there's a Dwight Schrute or Herb Tarlek in the bunch. For me, anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Lark said:

I'm actually surprised Trevor didn't get "sucked off" due to his act of kindness, but I'm just as glad he's still around.

My thoughts went there too (that Trevor should be "sucked off" when his past was resolved with regards to both sharing his secret and seeing justice) but I decided that Trevor just didn't want to leave his ghost "bros," and then I imagined a series finale in which all or most of the ghosts felt the same and decided to stay. Maybe Sasappis decides to depart for spiritual reasons, or he stays because he enjoys studying people.

• Love 4

So now that we know what a great guy Trevor is, would it be too sad/off-brand for the show to have Jay's sister come to the house to die of an incurable illness (or maybe Jay and Sam steal her body out of a hospital where she is on life-support due to a terrible accident) so she and Trevor might live happily ever after (with "ever after" potentially being actually "forever")?

• Love 4
Just now, shapeshifter said:

So now that we know what a great guy Trevor is, would it be too sad/off-brand for the show to have Jay's sister come to the house to die of an incurable illness (or maybe Jay and Sam steal her body out of a hospital where she is on life-support due to a terrible accident) so she and Trevor might live happily ever after (with "ever after" potentially being actually "forever")?

Seems a little early for a life/deathtime commitment, shouldn't they offer Jay's sister a job at the B&B first, so that they can get to know each other better.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8