Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E16: Trevor’s Pants

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Seems a little early for a life/deathtime commitment, shouldn't they offer Jay's sister a job at the B&B first, so that they can get to know each other better.

Sure. But not if she's on life support. 😜

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Love this episode, but of course I've loved pretty much every episode of this show! Turns out that Travis has always been a decent guy, and it turns out that, while his life bros sucked, he has his death bros now. I really love how much they have fleshed out the ghosts, every flashback we get from them adds in some new aspects of them while retaining their core personalities, they never feel out of left field. Sass knowing all along and hiding it because it wasn't his story to tell was really nice...until it was and did he LOVE soaking up the theatrics of getting to tell everyone the real story.

I do admit to gasping when the bros said they dumped Travers body in the lake (that one was for you Isaac!) and never even tried to help him after he overdosed. The poor guy, I guess that he was missing declared dead and that's why he has an obituary. I can assume he had a family and other friends, its awful that they probably never got closure about what happened to him, what a pack of assholes. So glad that the ghosts at least got some extra douchy revenge on Arie, how do you like that icing? 

I wonder if Pinkus will end up coming back at some point, looking to find out what happened to Trever, and is now a rich businessman and ends up helping out? 

The subplot with Flower and Thor was really sweet and funny, I especially loved the montage of interviewees for their perspective third, finally landing on an increasingly freaked out Pete. And Sass knowing right away that it was a sex thing. Awww, Thor has been here for a thousand years, he can be patient with Flower! What a guy!

"Do you think cocaine goes bad?"

"Why would you wait to find out?" 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 20

It was a funny episode, but for some reason I was put off by the "Trevor was actually a nice guy" plot.  For me, it's okay if Trevor was a d-bag in life. It makes no difference to who he is now.

I'm torn on this. In some ways I agree it's sort of a cop-out that he lost his pants because of some act of altruism on his part. Especially since he gave the guy his boxers too - I mean, that seemed sort of silly and the story about having just had sex makes WAY more sense. On the other hand I really want to like him and I thought it was nice he was the one "bro" who didn't want to haze the poor new guy. I think in some ways he's still got some douche-y tendencies, like wanting Jay's sister to send him nudes. But overall he's a decent guy.

I think Trevor was trying so hard to fit in "be a bro" that he was hiding his true nature. Now he has found a place where he does fit in and he can start to be his true self. All of the Ghosts are starting to become better "People?".

Yeah I think that's true as well. Thor has gone from being a vicious brute singing gleefully about killing Danes to having therapy sessions over his feelings for Flower. Hetty has softened her stance on women's rights. Isaac has finally admitted his feelings for the British dude. They really are evolving. 

The more I think about it, the more I realize Ghosts should be nominated for a casting Emmy. 

They should be nominated for all the Emmys. Unfortunately network sitcoms get no awards love these days, it's all streaming and cable. 

Sass knowing all along and hiding it because it wasn't his story to tell...and until it was and did he LOVE soaking up the theatrics of getting to tell everyone the real story.

I loved how he annoyed Trevor by being all dramatic with revealing the true story. "Stop doing that!"

• Love 17

Oh man, Trevor is such a softie at heart!  That was so sweet of him to help out the other guy.

And the B-plot with Thor & Flower was both hilarious, and also so sweet that Thor was willing to wait for Flower to get to a place where she could be with just him.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Did Trevor die of a drug overdose from mixing those two pills plus the booze?

That was the impression I got; that the two pills shouldn't have been taken together and chugging a Checkov Chill on top of things was a fatal flaw. 

I'm starting to wonder if one of the ghosts will get sucked off in the season finale. They are all evolving so much, becoming better people, and resolving so many of their issues via Sam and Jay. At some point, one of them has to finally complete their journey. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Chekhov Chill = Smirnoff Ice

I wondered if 2000 was too early for Smirnoff Ice, but googling assured me it came out in 1999, so yeah.  Smirnoff Ice.  Which is rather like drinking alcoholic Lifesavers.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Especially since he gave the guy his boxers too - I mean, that seemed sort of silly

Well, would you want some other guys junk touching the pants of your new suit?  Lol.

I didn't see Trevor being a totally nice guy, just one whose dudebro tendencies ultimately lost out to his inner decency when push came to shove.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Did Trevor die of a drug overdose from mixing those two pills plus the booze?

58 minutes ago, emma675 said:

That was the impression I got; that the two pills shouldn't have been taken together and chugging a Checkov Chill on top of things was a fatal flaw. 

Since they have said before that his "heart exploded," I think the booze and drugs combined caused something like a rupture of the wall of the left ventricle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, shura said:

I loved how the ghosts were right there and Isaac launched into his "we are ghosts" speech as soon as Trevor dropped dead.

I would have liked to see more of Trevor's reaction to discovering he was dead. Maybe that will be another episode.

• Love 4

Maybe Flower should take advantage of therapy to deal with her intimacy issues.  It seems to have helped Thor.  So many funny lines - unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank on them today.  I will just have to go back and re-watch. 😀

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

The more I think about it, the more I realize Ghosts should be nominated for a casting Emmy. I don't think there's a single miscast in the entire crew. What a great ensemble!

I would love for them to be nominated as an ensemble, just to see them all on stage, at the same time, all dressed up in modern clothes!  Hetty is the only one I know from other shows, and that is being a Romulan in Star Trek.  Oh, wait, no, I've seen Isaac in several things....  Anyways, I know I can see interviews with them separately, but I'd love to see a group shot of all of them out of character. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Did they say Trevor's body is still missing? Maybe it washed up and the authorities just figured he took drugs, wondered into the lake while out of his mind, and drowned? I hope that's what happened so his family don't have to suffer not knowing where he is.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Maybe Flower should take advantage of therapy to deal with her intimacy issues.  It seems to have helped Thor.  So many funny lines - unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank on them today.  I will just have to go back and re-watch. 😀

I just rewatched.
I loved Pete saying he would watch a romantic comedy about a hippie and a Viking, and I agreed that would be fun. 
Then I realized I already was watching a romantic comedy about a hippie and a Viking, heh.

• [PETE] Man, picking something to watch is much more difficult than it was in the '80s. Too many choices.
  • [SAM] Pete, just make up your mind.
  • [PETE] Maybe go back through the romantic comedies, comb through those again?
  • [THOR] No! Thor not watch romantic comedies. Thor hate love.
  • [PETE] You okay, there, big guy?
  • [SAM] Thor had a pretty emotional therapy session the other day.
  • [THOR] A lot come up. Thor discuss feelings about Flower.
  • Oh. And what did the therapist say?
  • [THOR] ( exhales ) She thinks I should tell Flower how I truly feel.
  • [SAM] And I agree with her. This is the new you, buddy. You talk about things.
  • [THOR] Thor scared. Can it ever really work out between a hippie and a Viking?
  • [PETE] Oh, now, that's a romantic comedy I would watch. ( chuckles ) Can you type in "hippie and Viking," see if anything comes up?
  • [SAM] Oh, yeah, sure.
  • LOL 15
30 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Did they say Trevor's body is still missing? Maybe it washed up and the authorities just figured he took drugs, wondered into the lake while out of his mind, and drowned? I hope that's what happened so his family don't have to suffer not knowing where he is.

The bros were going to weight down his body before throwing him in the lake. That would make it obvious that he didn't just wander into the lake on his own. Also, any good medical examiner would be able to tell the cause of death wasn't drowning, and he was already dead when he was thrown into the water (assuming he was found before the internal organs had deteriorated from being under water).

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

OK I just re-watched "Jay's Sister" and there was no date on Trevor's obituary. All the caption said was "In loving memory of Trevor Lefkowitz." There's some text above and below the photo which may or may not have been fake - it was illegible. And then Bela said "And he died 20 years ago."

The problem is that if his body was never found, it takes a long time to have someone declared legally dead. I think they have to have been missing for at least five years or something.

I also think if his body was eventually discovered they would want to know what he was doing on the property and it would circle right back to Ari so I'm assuming his body is still missing to this day. Ari wouldn't have been so worried about being blackmailed if the case was closed.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

Maybe that's some of the reasons Trevor hasn't been "sucked off" yet even though he didn't know it. There's no real closure with his family or what the "bros" did. I wonder if they will address if that new employee ever said anything to the authorities or if he was threatened by the others to keep his mouth shut.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Well, would you want some other guys junk touching the pants of your new suit?  Lol.

Would you want them touching your underwear?  As PInkus would you want to wear the underwear that some other guy's junk was touching?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Would you want them touching your underwear?  As PInkus would you want to wear the underwear that some other guy's junk was touching?

At least throwing away the underwear doesn't cost you much.

I'm a little confused now about ownership of the estate. Sam inherited it from her great-aunt, who died there. The aunt was a descendant of Hetty, who used to own the house, so it's been in the family a long time.

But David (Sam's uncle?) seemed to indicate that his parents owned it. Or maybe not. Maybe it was still owned by the great-aunt, but she went with his parents on the trip to Europe, despite her advanced age. I guess that must be it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I imagine Trevor wouldn't have wanted the underwear back.  The suit was expensive, the underwear probably wasn't.

9 minutes ago, Starchild said:

But David (Sam's uncle?) seemed to indicate that his parents owned it.

I thought David was the great-aunt's son, and he predeceased his mother.  I'm gonna have to watch the episode again.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

But David (Sam's uncle?) seemed to indicate that his parents owned it.

I thought David was the great-aunt's son, and he predeceased his mother.  I'm gonna have to watch the episode again.

The explanation is in the pilot episode, in the lawyer's office.

eta: Sam did refer to David as her uncle, but mostly because she was trying to get Ari to talk. I think that David, Sam's great aunt's son, who predeceased her, was a cousin of some sort.

Edited by basil
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I wonder if they will address if that new employee ever said anything to the authorities or if he was threatened by the others to keep his mouth shut.

The employee they were hazing, Pinkus, last saw Trevor before the drugs and alcohol took effect. I imagine the “bros” told Pinkus that drunk Trevor wandered out into the woods to take a leak and never came back. But maybe the bros did tell Pinkus not to tell anyone they were at the house.

But if Pinkus was a "good guy," he would've thought they should tell the authorities and help them look for Trevor.
So I'm guessing Pinkus was a True Bro and loyal to his paycheck and not Trevor, unless maybe Pinkus also met an untimely death soon after that evening.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4

I wonder if the writers have been picking up on some subtle things Asher Grodman has done when he's not the focus of the scene and decided to give Trevor a few more redeeming qualities.  I remember a tiny moment in Pete's episode when Pete sees his grandchild in the scout uniform.  Trevor put his hand over his heart, touched by the moment; not your typical bro-dude reaction.   Also, Trevor had that cute dog in his obituary picture (which was actually a picture of Asher Grodman's dog...yes, I found him on Instagram).  😊

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I'm a little confused now about ownership of the estate. Sam inherited it from her great-aunt, who died there. The aunt was a descendant of Hetty, who used to own the house, so it's been in the family a long time.

But David (Sam's uncle?) seemed to indicate that his parents owned it. Or maybe not. Maybe it was still owned by the great-aunt, but she went with his parents on the trip to Europe, despite her advanced age. I guess that must be it.

I'm confused by the ownership and where the old lady was while the finance bros were partying it up in her house. In the pilot, I thought the ghosts mentioned they had been stuck in the house with her for decades, so wouldn't she have been living there in 2000 when Trevor died?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm confused by the ownership and where the old lady was while the finance bros were partying it up in her house. In the pilot, I thought the ghosts mentioned they had been stuck in the house with her for decades, so wouldn't she have been living there in 2000 when Trevor died?

I really wish there was a timeline posted somewhere, both with who owned the house when and who died when. I'm having a hard time keeping track.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

Better boxers than tighty whiteys, I suppose.

Edited by eel21788
  • LOL 8
8 minutes ago, emma675 said:

7 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I really wish there was a timeline posted somewhere, both with who owned the house when and who died when. I'm having a hard time keeping track.

FWIW:
From this episode:

• [ARI] Anyway, yeah, I knew this guy whose parents owned this place, David Woodstone.
  • [HETTY] My great-great-great-grandson, who was actually kind of a louse.
  • [SAM] Uh, David was my uncle. I didn't really know him, but his mom was my great-aunt Sophie, who I inherited this place from.
  • [ONE OF THE GHOSTS] He was obsessed with strippers.
  • [SAM] I heard he was a good guy, though.

And from the Pilot:

• [ESTATE ATTORNEY] As I explained to your wife on the phone, her relative passed away and left her this estate.
  • [SAM] Great-Aunt Sophie. I think I met her when I was a kid, but I-I thought she died years ago.
  • [ATTORNEY] No, no, she just passed. But the good news is, you're her next of kin.
  • [SAM] Didn't she have a son?
  • [ATTORNEY] Well, more good news, he actually did die years ago.
  • Useful 14
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

Maybe this is close?

Thorfinn - 11th century
Sassapis - 17th century
Isaac & Nigel - Revolutionary war 
Nancy & cholera victims - early 19th century cholera epidemic
Hetty - Victorian
Alberta - 1920s
Headless guy - 1950s
Flower - 1970s
Pete - 1980s
Trevor - 2000

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

"This is a sex thing isn't it?"😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Add me to the Sass fan club. Trevor has a great bro in him.

And Flower...the girl has issues. And I loved the little bit with her stroking headless guys chest " You like that don't you" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

FWIW:
From this episode:

• [ARI] Anyway, yeah, I knew this guy whose parents owned this place, David Woodstone.
  • [HETTY] My great-great-great-grandson, who was actually kind of a louse.
  • [SAM] Uh, David was my uncle. I didn't really know him, but his mom was my great-aunt Sophie, who I inherited this place from.
  • [ONE OF THE GHOSTS] He was obsessed with strippers.
  • [SAM] I heard he was a good guy, though.

And from the Pilot:

• [ESTATE ATTORNEY] As I explained to your wife on the phone, her relative passed away and left her this estate.
  • [SAM] Great-Aunt Sophie. I think I met her when I was a kid, but I-I thought she died years ago.
  • [ATTORNEY] No, no, she just passed. But the good news is, you're her next of kin.
  • [SAM] Didn't she have a son?
  • [ATTORNEY] Well, more good news, he actually did die years ago.

If David was Great Aunt Sophie's son, wouldn't he be Sam's second cousin rather than her uncle? I remain confused.

• Useful 1
(edited)

It would make sense that Great Aunt Sophie (douche-bro David's mom) didn't live at the manor when David's parents did.  Why would she if that was her brother's house? 

Most likely scenario...  David meets an early demise, predeceasing his parents.  I'm just going to guess that David was an only child.  Then his mom dies, then dad (a Woodhouse heir) dies.  With no spouse or kids, the estate goes to the sister, who is Great Aunt Sophie.  When Great Aunt Sophie dies, no more siblings, no kids, etc., and the estate goes to Sam.

ETA:  If David was Great Aunt Sophie's son, wouldn't he be Sam's second cousin rather than her uncle?

Technically, 1st cousin once removed.  But, I think due to age (they'd be in the same generation as your parents) that person would normally be called aunt or uncle, even if it isn't technically correct. 

Edited by chaifan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, chaifan said:

It would make sense that Great Aunt Sophie (douche-bro David's mom) didn't live at the manor when David's parents did.  Why would she if that was her brother's house? 

Most likely scenario...  David meets an early demise, predeceasing his parents.  I'm just going to guess that David was an only child.  Then his mom dies, then dad (a Woodhouse heir) dies.  With no spouse or kids, the estate goes to the sister, who is Great Aunt Sophie.  When Great Aunt Sophie dies, no more siblings, no kids, etc., and the estate goes to Sam.

Yes, or at least something like that.

18 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

If David was Great Aunt Sophie's son, wouldn't he be Sam's second cousin rather than her uncle? I remain confused.

Well, second cousin [some number] removed because there's an extra "great" or 2 in there when Hetty refers to him. 
But it's common to refer to older cousins as "auntie" or "uncle."

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sam said David's mom was her Great Aunt Sophie. In the flashback, we see David saying his parents are out of town. That's why they weren't there during the party. 

Thorfinn - 11th century
Sassapis - 17th century
Isaac & Nigel - Revolutionary war 
Nancy & cholera victims - early 19th century cholera epidemic
Hetty - Victorian
Alberta - 1920s
Headless guy - 1950s
Flower - 1970s
Pete - 1980s
Trevor - 2000

Sassapis died in the 1500s according to the caption on his flashback episode. So that would have been 16th century. I'm not sure about Flower - I think she died in the 60s though.

This episode demands a follow-up. Surely Trevor had some family that never knew what became of him. Sam could find them and let them know. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Pinkus could wear it inside out so it's not as gross. And Trevor probably would have tossed them even if Pinkus washed it before returning the clothes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Starchild said:

hetty said David was her great great great grandson (and kind of a louse).  Sam said David was her great aunt Sophie's son.

If David were 30 in 1992, he would have been 60 now.  If Great Aunt Sophie was 90 wehn she died, the mother/son relationship seems reasonable.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Sam could find them and let them know. 

How would she explain knowing?  I wonder how many of his bones they could find after 30 years?  What kind of animals are in that lake?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

Do straight guys think they'll turn gay if they wear another guy's underwear for a few hours? And, as mentioned above, he could just turn them inside out.

2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Better boxers than tightly whiteys, I suppose.

Trevor strikes me as a tighty-whitey or bikini briefs kind of guy, so I was surprised he was in boxers.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

Do straight guys think they'll turn gay if they wear another guy's underwear for a few hours? 

What a weird take on not wearing someone else's dirty underwear.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Katy M said:

There are straight men who think admitting another man is attractive or who gets complimented by a man means they're not 100% straight.

• Love 6

Do straight guys think they'll turn gay if they wear another guy's underwear for a few hours? 

There are straight men who think admitting another man is attractive or who gets complimented by a man means they're not 100% straight.

I think we're getting a little off topic?

If David were 30 in 1992, he would have been 60 now.  If Great Aunt Sophie was 90 wehn she died, the mother/son relationship seems reasonable.

Trevor tells his story as being in November 2000, so David would have been 50ish. The mother/son relationship is still pretty reasonable.

I wonder if the writers have been picking up on some subtle things Asher Grodman has done when he's not the focus of the scene and decided to give Trevor a few more redeeming qualities.

Trevor's money clip is on the table in the opening GHOSTS card, shown at the beginning on the pilot and every episode since. I think Trevor's pants story was planned from the beginning.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

I'm not sure about Flower - I think she died in the 60s though.

Thor says he's known Flower for "only 50 years", so Flower would have died in the early 70s.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

I wish Thor would watch “Vikings” and fall madly in love with Lagertha, the greatest Shield Maiden of them all. I know I did, and I’m a cisgender female.

Thor would probably electrocute the TV for all the things the show got wrong about Viking culture/history.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3

I'm just glad Trevor didn't die while straining on the toilet.  That was my other thought to why he might be pantsless. 

I...don't know of anyone who takes their pants off while in the bathroom, unless they are bathing.

Thor says he's known Flower for "only 50 years", so Flower would have died in the early 70s.

I may stand corrected. In the pilot, Flower says she was killed by a bear after a music festival in the 60s. That said, I trust Thor's accounting of events over Flower's.

:)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1