Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E16: Trevor’s Pants

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know why they chose to not make Trevor a politician. I have a lot of theories but I don't think it's related to pissing off any particular politician since Trevor is a fictional character.

I only watched a few episodes of the British version, so I didn’t realize Trevor was a politician in the original.

Making Trevor a politician in the US version would likely have generated a lot of social media arguments as poor Trevor became a proxy for viewers’ own political hero or despot.

But Trevor could also have become the best version of himself as a politician on this show——just as he became the best version of a bro dude——which might have been a comforting role model.

Still, Trevor as a politician in the US version could easily have become a distraction and hard to write. I like our version of Trevor, who is lovable underneath his bravado, and part of the ensemble in every sense of that word. And making Trevor a stockbroker retains the essence of a British politician (I think?) in that Trevor’s chosen profession was one that is tied to a lot of power.

Maybe we will yet discover that Trevor really wanted to be a poet or something else entirely?

• Love 3

I much prefer Trevor to his UK equivalent and I'm glad the US version avoided making him a politician. I think that 90s Wall Street dude-bro is so very American. Sure, they likely existed everywhere, but with movies like Wall Street it feels more American than anything else. 

Politician is a bit more of a minefield so I'm glad they skipped that. We have plenty of political storyline potential with Sass and Isaac. Trevor can give us more of the "greed is good" counterpoint to Flower's hippy mindset. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

I just rewatched this episode and am wondering if the only thing keeping someone(s) from creating and greenlighting a romantic comedy about a hippie and a Viking is the potential costs associated with copyright permissions.

On 4/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, shapeshifter said:
  • [THOR] Thor scared. Can it ever really work out between a hippie and a Viking?
  • [PETE] Oh, now, that's a romantic comedy I would watch. ( chuckles ) Can you type in "hippie and Viking," see if anything comes up?
  • [SAM] Oh, yeah, sure.

It could take place in the late 60s/early 70s with the hippie being a "living" and the Viking being a ghost.

• Fire 1
  • Love 2

My husband just saw this episode for the first time.  It was off Infinity Demand by the time we got to it, and he loved it.  This was actually my first episode that got me into the show and my husbands response to that was, "How the h*** was THIS the episode that made you want to watch Ghosts?"

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, kav said:

My husband just saw this episode for the first time.  It was off Infinity Demand by the time we got to it, and he loved it.  This was actually my first episode that got me into the show and my husbands response to that was, "How the h*** was THIS the episode that made you want to watch Ghosts?"

LOL, well, hey, somebody sees a ghost running around with no pants on, they're naturally gonna become curious and have a lot of questions, right :D? 

I'm glad your husband enjoyed the episode!

• Like 1

I know this episode was about Trevor and his death, but Sass was the MVP for me. He lives for the drama and loves storytelling but he kept Trevor's secret for twenty years about how he really lost his pants, and not only that but he purposefully kept Trevor from finding out until now what Ari and the bros did to Trevor's body. Because Sasappis (and all the ghosts before him) knew that as a ghost now, Trevor's good memories of his life and his bros was all he had left... 

It's probably the nicest/kindest thing an older ghost can do for a newbie ghost.

That being said - TREVOR'S FRIENDS ARE ASSHOLES.

Especially Ari.

Poor Trevor looked so sad and betrayed and hurt when Sass said Ari broke bro-code, not him, and decided to dump him in the lake. And what's even sadder is that even after he heard the whole story Trevor still defended them :(.

But I loved how all of the other ghosts came together (spearheaded by Sass) to get back at Ari *in a way Trevor would approve of in order to prove it to Trevor that he had (death) bros. I loved it even more that Isaac and Hetty were into it and those two probably don't have any concept of what a bro is :p.

*I loved Jay chanting chug, chug, chug at the end with Sam (and the ghosts) even though he had no idea what was going on, LMAO XD.

I have so many questions about Trevor's death, though. 

1) Ari was so obviously nervous once Sam brought up Trevor's name and later the lake so why did he want the Woodstone watch in the first place? Surely he had to have known the address of the place he was visiting.

2) Pinkus didn't only have Trevor's pants and boxers but he had Trevor's credit cards and money clip, and most importantly Ari, David Woodstone and the other douchebro didn't know either of those things. What happened on Monday morning when Pinkus went back to work to give Trevor the money clip back? Did the douchebros get to him first in case Pinkus started asking questions? Did the douchebros murder Pinkus and have their fathers cover it up?

3) The dads of the douchebros clearly knew something was up; what did they end up doing when Trevor was officially declared missing? They were the ones that told their douchebro sons to throw Trevor in the lake!

3) There must have been a limo driver if Trevor claimed to have sex with her and that's why he didn't have pants. Was she just waiting outside Woodstone all night while Trevor and the bros drank and did drugs? Did something happen to her, too, if she told Ari and David she hadn't been with Trevor that night?

4) Hetty said Trevor lived for two hours after taking the pills before 'his heart exploded. Did he die because the yellow pill and the blue pill caused a fatal interaction, or was it both pills combined with the alcohol?

5) Are we for sure that Trevor died in the house? God, I hope he wasn't unconscious but alive when the douchebros tossed him in the lake.

Back to happier thoughts...

I loved how annoyed Trevor was that Sam (and Hetty!) were so shocked that he ended up being a good guy in the end. LOL at Sam never actually asking Trevor what happened to him the night he died because she didn't know the etiquette around ghost-deaths. That can be the opening chapter for the death manual!

I can't ignore the other plot of the episode - Flower and Thor interviewing the other ghosts for a third and settling on Pete was HYSTERICAL. XD!

On 4/1/2022 at 8:55 AM, shura said:

I loved how the ghosts were right there and Isaac launched into his "we are ghosts" speech as soon as Trevor dropped dead. I guess it was always like a show for them whenever there were any goings-on at the mansion.  But there was no reason for the ghosts to expect that someone would join their ranks during the proceedings - and still Isaac was ready! Same speech he tried using to welcome Sam's great-aunt twenty years later, too. He probably honed it for centuries.

Isaac only got through a few sentences of his speech when Great-Aunt Sophie died before she got sucked off, there's no time to waste! (Why is it that Isaac is the one in charge of the speech? He's not the oldest ghost, that's Thor, and shouldn't it be Sass so this can be his way of being a storyteller?)

Maybe they should have used the past twenty years since Trevor became a ghost to write up a pamphlet. Introduction to Becoming a Ghost :p.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I know this episode was about Trevor and his death, but Sass was the MVP for me. He lives for the drama and loves storytelling but he kept Trevor's secret for twenty years about how he really lost his pants, and not only that but he purposefully kept Trevor from finding out until now what Ari and the bros did to Trevor's body. Because Sasappis (and all the ghosts before him) knew that as a ghost now, Trevor's good memories of his life and his bros was all he had left... 

It's probably the nicest/kindest thing an older ghost can do for a newbie ghost.

Not to get too spoilery, but Sasappis knows all too well what it's like to lose things that were once a part of your life, so yeah, that makes his understanding where Trevor's coming from all the more significant and touching. And Trevor was already pretty freaked out as it was about dying. Having to learn on top of that that his friends had also betrayed him that night? That would've surely messed with his head, for sure. He needed time to be able to be in a place where he could finally process this. 

Though now that does beg the question...had Ari not shown up at Woodstone for the watch, would Trevor have ever learned what they'd done to him? Or would Sasappis have continued to keep that secret forever? Would it have ever gotten out what he'd done for Pinkus, too? 

But I loved how all of the other ghosts came together (spearheaded by Sass) to get back at Ari *in a way Trevor would approve of in order to prove it to Trevor that he had (death) bros. I loved it even more that Isaac and Hetty were into it and those two probably don't have any concept of what a bro is :p.

*I loved Jay chanting chug, chug, chug at the end with Sam (and the ghosts) even though he had no idea what was going on, LMAO XD.

Jay is the epitome of the "When in Rome..." saying :D. 

And ha, yeah, it was fun to see Isaac and Hetty getting in on this, too, as they did. But yes. Everyone rallying around the youngest member of their crew like that, being all protective...just so good. 

3) There must have been a limo driver if Trevor claimed to have sex with her and that's why he didn't have pants. Was she just waiting outside Woodstone all night while Trevor and the bros drank and did drugs? Did something happen to her, too, if she told Ari and David she hadn't been with Trevor that night?

If she did know, imagine keeping that secret all these years. I wonder if she would've ever been tempted to speak up?

LOL at Sam never actually asking Trevor what happened to him the night he died because she didn't know the etiquette around ghost-deaths. That can be the opening chapter for the death manual!

Ha, yeah, I liked that bit, too. I get it, though, it would be an awkward topic to bring up and you don't want to risk potentially upsetting them with any painful memories surrounding their deaths and all. I'd probably be hesitant to ask, too :p. 

I can't ignore the other plot of the episode - Flower and Thor interviewing the other ghosts for a third and settling on Pete was HYSTERICAL. XD!

Everyone's answers were so great XD. I especially love that they were all so confused as to why Thor and Flower were asking them all this stuff :p. 

Isaac only got through a few sentences of his speech when Great-Aunt Sophie died before she got sucked off, there's no time to waste! (Why is it that Isaac is the one in charge of the speech? He's not the oldest ghost, that's Thor, and shouldn't it be Sass so this can be his way of being a storyteller?)

Good question! Yeah, I'm guessing Isaac got the speech because Thor speaks in really choppy sentences, so probably not the best means of introducing oneself to someone who's just died :p. 

And then when it came to him versus Sasappis, I'm guessing Isaac figured since he was a military leader and the others were his "troops" and all that, he would/should naturally be the one to make the big introduction speech, and that's how it was and always would be, and the others didn't bother to argue or fight him on it and were just like, "Yeah, fine, whatever." :p. 

I could totally see Sasappis having given a speech like that when Isaac died, though. It would be neat to see how one of the other ghosts might welcome someone into the afterlife. 

• Like 2

I considered rewatching this episode so I could properly respond to some of @LexieLily questions, but I wasn't sure I wanted to see the hazing situation again, and I didn't think I could FF through it without missing key lines.

Do they really not explain in this episode —

7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

1) Ari was so obviously nervous once Sam brought up Trevor's name and later the lake so why did he want the Woodstone watch in the first place? Surely he had to have known the address of the place he was visiting

— why Ari went after the watch?

5 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Not to get too spoilery, but Sasappis knows all too well what it's like to lose things that were once a part of your life, so yeah, that makes his understanding where Trevor's coming from all the more significant and touching. And Trevor was already pretty freaked out as it was about dying. Having to learn on top of that that his friends had also betrayed him that night? That would've surely messed with his head, for sure. He needed time to be able to be in a place where he could finally process this. 

Yes to all of the above.

3[.2]) There must have been a limo driver if Trevor claimed to have sex with her and that's why he didn't have pants. Was she just waiting outside Woodstone all night while Trevor and the bros drank and did drugs? Did something happen to her, too, if she told Ari and David she hadn't been with Trevor that night?

5 hours ago, Annber03 said:

If she did know, imagine keeping that secret all these years. I wonder if she would've ever been tempted to speak up?

Ooo! Maybe she can appear in another episode! 
Or has she already? 😼 
j/k  😆
Or not? image.png.013b3602ce275a24edddb9ddf8229398.png😆 🙈🙉🙊 

2) Pinkus didn't only have Trevor's pants and boxers but he had Trevor's credit cards and money clip, and most importantly Ari, David Woodstone and the other douchebro didn't know either of those things. What happened on Monday morning when Pinkus went back to work to give Trevor the money clip back? Did the douchebros get to him first in case Pinkus started asking questions? Did the douchebros murder Pinkus and have their fathers cover it up?

I think your guess about some sort of cover-up regarding Trevor's money-clip and credit cards is spot on, even if it's just Pinkus hiding them in a secret place all these years that might be discovered in a future episode. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I think your guess about some sort of cover-up regarding Trevor's money-clip and credit cards is spot on, even if it's just Pinkus hiding them in a secret place all these years that might be discovered in a future episode. 

See, now this is where I'm at a disadvantage binge-watching and being so far behind all of you. I don't know whether you're legit agreeing with me or you're hinting about something that happens in an episode I haven't seen yet 🤣

The limo driver and/or Pinkus showing up again would be very interesting!

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

And then when it came to him versus Sasappis, I'm guessing Isaac figured since he was a military leader and the others were his "troops" and all that, he would/should naturally be the one to make the big introduction speech, and that's how it was and always would be, and the others didn't bother to argue or fight him on it and were just like, "Yeah, fine, whatever." :p. 

I kind of see Isaac and Hetty as the "parent" ghosts. I believe they were the oldest at time of death (Rather than being ghosts the longest making them elders) so I think that, and the military leader role, make Isaac the most likely choice to do the welcome speech.

Personally, I think it should be Hetty, since she is the only one who ever owned the house (well, owned via the men in her life) so she should welcome newcomers as the Lady of the House, but I can see her, because of the time she lived in, deferring to the eldest male. 

Of course, Isaac is so self-important that it was probably just easier to let him do it then to argue. They do have to potentially spend eternity together so it's really not something worth rocking the boat for. lol

All these questions make me hope that we revisit Trevor's death at some point. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I kind of see Isaac and Hetty as the "parent" ghosts. I believe they were the oldest at time of death (Rather than being ghosts the longest making them elders) so I think that, and the military leader role, make Isaac the most likely choice to do the welcome speech.

Personally, I think it should be Hetty, since she is the only one who ever owned the house (well, owned via the men in her life) so she should welcome newcomers as the Lady of the House, but I can see her, because of the time she lived in, deferring to the eldest male. 

Of course, Isaac is so self-important that it was probably just easier to let him do it then to argue. They do have to potentially spend eternity together so it's really not something worth rocking the boat for. lol

All these questions make me hope that we revisit Trevor's death at some point. 

I've always "aged" the ghosts based on how long they've been ghosts: Thor, Sass, Isaac, (Nigel and the Revolutionary War ghosts), (Nancy and the cholera pit ghosts), Hetty, Alberta, (Crash), Flower, Pete, (Stephanie), Trevor. Is that how the rest of you do it? I think it would hurt my brain too much to try and figure out math to do it a different way, lol. 

Hetty did say that Elias was her least favorite cousin (ew) so if they were both Woodstones, technically she owned the mansion, also, didn't she? (Her non-Elias side of the family, at least, or in those days did ownership pass from father to husband?)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Hetty did say that Elias was her least favorite cousin (ew) so if they were both Woodstones, technically she owned the mansion, also, didn't she? (Her non-Elias side of the family, at least, or in those days did ownership pass from father to husband?)

I think technically it would have been hers, though it wouldn't surprise me at all if signing it over to Elias was part of the "dowry" he got to marry her. Most marriages when you were wealthy back then, were business arrangements, so I'm sure Elias was getting more than just a wife out of the deal. I feel like Hetty would consider the house hers, but not actually say it out loud back when she was alive, since what was hers was her husbands. The fashions back then might have been beautiful, and the architecture stunning, but socially, the past sucked balls for a woman. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I think technically it would have been hers, though it wouldn't surprise me at all if signing it over to Elias was part of the "dowry" he got to marry her. Most marriages when you were wealthy back then, were business arrangements, so I'm sure Elias was getting more than just a wife out of the deal. I feel like Hetty would consider the house hers, but not actually say it out loud back when she was alive, since what was hers was her husbands. The fashions back then might have been beautiful, and the architecture stunning, but socially, the past sucked balls for a woman. 

Hetty did say her father married her to Elias to secure a land deal, so yeah :(

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
On 6/26/2023 at 12:19 AM, Annber03 said:

Good question! Yeah, I'm guessing Isaac got the speech because Thor speaks in really choppy sentences, so probably not the best means of introducing oneself to someone who's just died :p. 

I could totally see Sasappis having given a speech like that when Isaac died, though. It would be neat to see how one of the other ghosts might welcome someone into the afterlife. 

Hee XD. Somehow I imagine that's how it is a lot with Isaac, the other ghosts don't bother arguing and let him have things because it's easier than fighting :p. Except Sass. Sass likes to challenge him on everything he says about being around history and whatnot. 

Now I'm intrigued by your vague references on what we apparently learn later about Sass and him losing things that were once part of his life. Is that a clue that comes up to how he died? (I wonder if Thor did anything to welcome Sass into the afterlife?)

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

(I wonder if Thor did anything to welcome Sass into the afterlife?)

I want to learn more about Thor's death. We know that alive he was abandoned and alone, but when he died, where there other ghosts that helped him transition, who have, since then been sucked off? Or did he die completely alone and have to learn to be a ghost all by himself. The idea of that breaks my heart, so I hope there was some ghost around who helped him adjust. 

The cool thing about the way they are writing the ghost rules is that they could easily have other ghosts that we only see in flashbacks who have since moved on. In addition to B&B guests it is a great way to bring on guest stars. So far they are doing well at not writing themselves into too much of a corner when it comes to adding or taking away ghosts. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

(I wonder if Thor did anything to welcome Sass into the afterlife?)

Sass might be the first ghost Thor actually had around, his welcome might very well have been more of a “You’re staying? You can see me?”

I also have a head canon that Thor is fluent in Muncie and Dutch, and his English is so broken because he gave up after a third language. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I want to learn more about Thor's death. We know that alive he was abandoned and alone, but when he died, where there other ghosts that helped him transition, who have, since then been sucked off? Or did he die completely alone and have to learn to be a ghost all by himself. The idea of that breaks my heart, so I hope there was some ghost around who helped him adjust. 

I hope there were other ghosts Thor had as friends, even if they weren't around long before being sucked off (and poor Thor would have no idea what that meant!) just because it's way too sad to think of Thor wandering a barren landscape completely alone for CENTURIES before Sasappis came along 😢 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2

Thor has talked about how his only friend was a squirrel, so I'm guessing he was alone. The house wasn't there, at first, I think. So also a lot fewer "boundaries" to confine even anyone who somehow got lost there and died and didn't ascend. It's kind of a wonder he's not insane from the experience.

• Sad 3
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Hee XD. Somehow I imagine that's how it is a lot with Isaac, the other ghosts don't bother arguing and let him have things because it's easier than fighting :p. Except Sass. Sass likes to challenge him on everything he says about being around history and whatnot. 

Ooh, I like this point. I like the whole idea that Sasappis isn't afraid to challenge him, 'cause, yeah, you're right, he's not. 

See, between this and your question about how Thor might've welcomed Sasappis into the afterlife, this is why we need more flashbacks to the really early days/beginnings of this ghost crew :D. I want to see all of this stuff!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Ooh, I like this point. I like the whole idea that Sasappis isn't afraid to challenge him, 'cause, yeah, you're right, he's not. 

See, between this and your question about how Thor might've welcomed Sasappis into the afterlife, this is why we need more flashbacks to the really early days/beginnings of this ghost crew :D. I want to see all of this stuff!

What I want is more fleshing out of the three older ghosts (Thor, Sass, Isaac) watching over Little Hetty during her childhood/adulthood/married life. Unless that happens more in season two and I'm not there yet ;)

• Like 3
21 hours ago, possibilities said:

Thor has talked about how his only friend was a squirrel, so I'm guessing he was alone. The house wasn't there, at first, I think. So also a lot fewer "boundaries" to confine even anyone who somehow got lost there and died and didn't ascend. It's kind of a wonder he's not insane from the experience.

The squirrel was his only friend when he was still alive, after being abandoned.

I wonder how angry Ghost Squirrel was when Ghost Thor showed up!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, KarenX said:

I wonder how angry Ghost Squirrel was when Ghost Thor showed up!

13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Now that is the backstory I need! 

Okay, but first go get your Kleenex:

When Ghost Squirrel realizes how heartbroken Ghost Thor was over having eaten his best friend, Ghost Squirrel gets sucked off. Then Ghost Thor is devastated all over again about being alone and determines to never again share his feelings with any ghost companions he might meet, lest they too get sucked off. 
😭

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Okay, but first go get your Kleenex:

When Ghost Squirrel realizes how heartbroken Ghost Thor was over having eaten his best friend, Ghost Squirrel gets sucked off. Then Ghost Thor is devastated all over again about being alone and determines to never again share his feelings with any ghost companions he might meet, lest they too get sucked off. 
😭

Okay. Now the (slightly) humorous twist:
Sam tells the above story to Jay as she hears it from Thor.
Jay starts to look very sad.
But then Thor corrects Sam and says it's not that he will never again share his feelings with any ghost companions he might meet, lest they too get sucked off. 
It's that he will never again share his feelings with any ghost companions he might eat, lest they too get sucked off (and return as an angry ghost). 

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

It's that he will never again share his feelings with any ghost companions he might eat, lest they too get sucked off (and return as an angry ghost). 

And that is a lesson we should all live by. lol

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3