Type keyword(s) to search

Unexpected: All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Boston said:

A couple "i'm comin up with the belt" might have saved this monster's ass.  JMO (I don't think this is appropriate; but my father JUST SAYING IT moved our asses and straightened us up.)

Why do I find the need to say I WAS NOT ABUSED.  OY.  PC bullshit  NO I WAS NOT AND NO ONE ELSE WAS HURT BY THIS LIFETIME.  Words, so much powerful.

• Love 3

Kylen has half-siblings, correct? I thought we saw them early on in the season. I wonder if any of them are more functional than her. Did they say if Kylen, Jason, Emersyn, or Mason graduated high school? Because they don't seem to be attending school OR working. Same with the others. Tyra went to college, but I don't recall seeing any high school graduations for any of the other teen parents, or mentions of working (except Lawrence and Aiden). 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Search me.

I was only saying my father used THREATS.  no physical abuse.  However I'm sorry if you had to go thru trauma like physical abuse.  Emotional abuse is bad but I really can't imagine physical.  

Edited by Boston
forgot word
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Boston said:

A couple "i'm comin up with the belt" might have saved this monster's ass.  JMO (I don't think this is appropriate; but my father JUST SAYING IT moved our asses and straightened us up.).. not that i'm saying it was a good thing.  JMO.  OMG.  the PC police might come after me.  Oy, I hate having to justify everything.

We're not allowed to say that anymore. The difference between the "kids today" and us old fogeys over 50 is that there was a fear factor when we were kids.

There was an element of fear of your parents. And before anyone starts pearl clutching, I'm not talking about shaking in your boots because you were beaten regularly for fun. I'm talking about fear of maybe getting smacked or no TV, no bike, no going out, etc. No one wanted that. That was a horrific thought. I'm talking about fear of disappointing your parents, fear of embarassing them and yourself, fear of being viewed as a punk. You feared your teacher calling home because you'd be in more trouble.

If you were making too much noise on the block and an old lady yelled out the window to quiet down, we all scattered and ran off knowing if we kept the noise up, our parents would hear about it and we'd get grounded or whatever. Today, many kids would tell the old lady to go fuck herself, or throw a rock at her window, or scare her in some way, record her being terrified, laugh giddily and put it on blast online.

It's all about people having the right to do whatever they want. It's okay to be a pig, it's okay to be discourteous. There was one scene last week when Lilly was on the phone with her mother and Aliyah was yelling to her while she was on the phone. Lilly stopped and answered Aliyah rather than shush her and say "Don't interrupt me when I'm on the phone." That might sound petty but it's things like that that are the sprouts to piggish behavior that we see in a lot of people who interrupt or expect immediate accommodation simply because they want something with zero regard for anyone else. Jason's father is another example of "Oh, well this is how my kid is," as if Jason arrived that way. 

As a final thought, I belong to a parenting group on FB for my town and the number of parents who were posting during the pandemic that they were "begging" their kids to get up and attend their live online class, and "pleading with them" to do their homework had me picking my jaw up off the floor a few times a day. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 21

I'm 63 years old and my parents are both deceased but I still do not want to do anything that I think would disappoint them.  My parents instilled respect in me and for that I am eternally grateful.  I used to tell my own daughter "do NOT do anything to embarrass me" and she managed to turn into a decent human being.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Kylen has half-siblings, correct? I thought we saw them early on in the season. I wonder if any of them are more functional than her. Did they say if Kylen, Jason, Emersyn, or Mason graduated high school? Because they don't seem to be attending school OR working. Same with the others. Tyra went to college, but I don't recall seeing any high school graduations for any of the other teen parents, or mentions of working (except Lawrence and Aiden). 

I vaguely recall something about Kylen having an older brother but I'm not sure. I don't know if any of them graduated from high school, except for Tyra.

As for Jason, you know he's going to have several more kids by several different mothers. Maybe his next birth will go better. He  probably should go to a different hospital. lol Actually, I'm willing to bet that a lot of businesses and establishments in his hometown  have his name and picture at the cash register/front desk with a note saying "Don't ever let this person back in here."

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 5/9/2022 at 12:06 PM, Boston said:

She didn't have prenatal care.   After watching this again, they said it (someone said it.. maybe his cousin).  Shame on her mother (but, really? what could she do)

Believe me, as a nurse, they will be talking about this til the day they die.  Jason is a POS monster.  I can't believe I'm gonna write this:  The country (planet) would be so better off without him.

She must have had at least some prenatal care because they knew the sex of the baby ahead of time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, OldPizzaTroll said:

She must have had at least some prenatal care because they knew the sex of the baby ahead of time. 

You are right. Must have missed that.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, OldPizzaTroll said:

10 hours ago, Boston said:

You are right. Must have missed that.

Jason's TikTok has a video captioned "First ultrasound" with them going in and showing images of the scans. I think the post was dated January 2021. I saw that yesterday and it surprised me because these shows always use these ultrasound visits as filler. Maybe they were not filming yet? I never know the dates of filming on any of these types of shows.

• Love 3
On 5/11/2022 at 8:24 AM, configdotsys said:

Jason's TikTok has a video captioned "First ultrasound" with them going in and showing images of the scans. I think the post was dated January 2021. I saw that yesterday and it surprised me because these shows always use these ultrasound visits as filler. Maybe they were not filming yet? I never know the dates of filming on any of these types of shows.

They could have gone to a boutique ultrasound place instead of a regular doctor.

• Love 3

I want to say one thing about Kylen’s birth that no one has brought up yet.

An extended labor like this?  Can also damage the child.  Labor is like a vice on the child, particularly if the head is in the birth canal.   

The pressure is incredible.  More than 24 hours and someone should’ve been looking at a c-section for the well-being of Xavier.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
(edited)

Just now many husbands/sperm donors has Emerson's mother had?  I posted three but now think four or five!!!!

It does look like her current husband is a good provider  lovely home.

I also wonder about child support checks pouring in from the fathers?

If Emerson's father does pay child support would it stop it she left home?

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Thinking about the nurse telling Jason that if Kylen wants an epidural it's "her body, her choice." Can you imagine if she had gotten pregnant a few months from now but ended up for whatever reason having to terminate it? Jason would be one in an endless line of men who know shit about how a woman's body works but would legally be able to force her to go through with it! I'm also willing to bet that oral does not go both ways in their relationship. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

If the fathers aren't providing support, I'm sure all those children's mother knows how to work "the system," and that might be one reason she doesn't want Emersyn (sp?) to leave home.  Emersyn ages out, but the baby can qualify.  "The system" might be helping to pay for that nice home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2022 at 10:24 PM, b2H said:

An extended labor like this?  Can also damage the child.  Labor is like a vice on the child, particularly if the head is in the birth canal.   

The pressure is incredible.  More than 24 hours and someone should’ve been looking at a c-section for the well-being of Xavier.

And she would have HAD to have an epidural or other anesthesia no matter what Jason wanted.

23 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

If the fathers aren't providing support, I'm sure all those children's mother knows how to work "the system," and that might be one reason she doesn't want Emersyn (sp?) to leave home.  Emersyn ages out, but the baby can qualify.  "The system" might be helping to pay for that nice home.

I'm not denying that there are parents who do this, but in this case, isn't Emersyn 18?

• Love 3
On 5/9/2022 at 6:47 AM, KBrownie said:

I just wonder who comes first now that she has the baby.  Is she going to deny things her child needs because of Jason's ignorance?

Jason's control issues, lack of respect towards others, and his idiotic belief that he knows "everything" about babies worries me to the point that one of the grandparents had better step up asap for kylen. Otherwise, we may have a scenario where the baby becomes seriously ill and Jason refuses all medication to help alleviate the symptoms. Lastly, accusing kylen of turning a baby into a drug addict, all because of an epidural, is grounds to dump his butt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 3/5/2022 at 1:59 PM, IvySpice said:

BE STILL MY HEART. The previews are priceless.

Oh, Lawrence. You never fail to disappoint. He never even learned from the Brady Bunch that women's work is hard, too? Lilly really knows how to pick 'em.

Was one of the dads actually calling his laboring girlfriend from the hospital parking lot to beg her not to have an epidural? If I saw that right, someone needs to shove a melon up his ass without anesthesia...preferably leaving it halfway in for several hours.

You read my mind. I was thinking a doula should grab his testicles and pull for the same length of time she's in a contraction. As her contractions get closer together the pulling doesn't ease up. Then we'll see who wants the epidural.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 3/7/2022 at 8:04 AM, suzeecat said:

I thought palmtreehead (love the description, much easier than trying to remember his name)

What was the name of the character on Simpsons who had palm tree hair? That should be his name, since he's a cartoon character anyways.

• LOL 2
On 3/7/2022 at 10:29 AM, IvySpice said:

For those of you who, like me, can't get enough of discussing this shitshow, both Reddit's r/TLCUnexpected and the Facebook group TLC Unexpected: Savage Edition are lit up over the new season.

I'm calling Jason Sideshow Bob in my head, but he's already earned every possible insult, so I'm on board with whatever you come up with.

Thank you, u answered a question i had. From now on, Sideshow is his new moniker.

• Love 1
On 3/8/2022 at 3:26 AM, winsomeone said:

...as things are not going to end well letting this boy make decisions about anything and everything.

I want to know whose stupid decision it was NOT to allow Kaylen to have an internal exam. How would they know the cervix's dilation? And then there's Sideshow, telling her to hurry up and just push it out. As Bugs Bunny would say... What s Maroon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 5/14/2022 at 7:02 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Just now many husbands/sperm donors has Emerson's mother had?  I posted three but now think four or five!!!!

This lady bugs me. It's not that I find many of her statements questionable. She should be able to say what happens in her own home. But I consistently get the feeling that she's a "do as I say, not as I do" person who expects perfection in others. Besides which her daughter needs help with the baby at night and I don't see her doing it. They actually all get on my nerves.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 5/14/2022 at 8:02 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I don't know how many; this lately one seems nice enough.  But last week Emersyn was talking to her sister - who was definitely so much older than her.  Whatever floats your boat.  (but TAKE CARE OF THEM - EMOTIONALLY, NOT JUST PHYSICALLY)

Edited by Boston
forgot word
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, readheaded said:

I'm not denying that there are parents who do this, but in this case, isn't Emersyn 18?

I was bringing her baby into the equation...  Everyone in that household has probably found a way to get "benefits" without working.   Disability, WIC, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I would love for someone at the hospital to give Jason the smackdown he so badly needs about owning his behavior and his choices instead of whining that it's everyone else's fault he can't control himself. 

• Love 12
(edited)

The controlling ignorant male who says he’s the father of one of these babies is extremely concerning.  I would be very worried for the safety of the mother and child, especially, since the mother seems deluded and incapable of protecting her own health or that of a child.  It’s situations like this where terrible things happen and then people act surprised. There’s no mystery here.  This is a a dangerous situation.  I can’t watch anymore.  Hopefully, authorities  have been alerted. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13

I pre watched earlier, but it infuriates me how passive Kaylen’s parents are being.  Even though she’s beholden to palm tree head, I’m sure if her mother barged her way in, Kaylen would’ve been happy to see her.  They need to take her and the baby home with them although I know this doesn’t happen seeing social media.  

Yes, Jenna, you need to leave Aden.  I can’t understand a word he says, but I don’t think any of it’s good.

• Applause 1
  • Love 12
On 5/10/2022 at 2:10 PM, RoxiP said:

I'm 63 years old and my parents are both deceased but I still do not want to do anything that I think would disappoint them.  My parents instilled respect in me and for that I am eternally grateful.  I used to tell my own daughter "do NOT do anything to embarrass me" and she managed to turn into a decent human being.

Mom?  Just kidding but mine would always say the same thing.

And they instilled real respect not this BS on every show where someone gets their fillins (TM Sisterwives) hurt and says that they’ve been disrespected.  They don’t know from respect.

• Love 6
(edited)

Don't @ me, but I actually have a glimmer of hope for Future Jason because he's so obviously smitten with the baby. However, I think Kylen should go on birth control until Jason agrees to epidurals with no argument for any future babies.

If he interferes with Kylen's dad seeing his grandson and daughter, I think Future Kylen some years from now will feel guilty and be very angry with Jason for that.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Don't @ me, but I actually have a glimmer of hope for Future Jason because he's so obviously smitten with the baby. However, I think Kylen should go on birth control until Jason agrees to epidurals with no argument for any future babies.

If he interferes with Kylen's dad seeing his grandson and daughter, I think Future Kylen some years from now will feel guilty and be very angry with Jason for that.

But if palm tree head had any self awareness, he might get why Kylen not seeing her parents is so painful.  How would he feel if his son at the age of twelve months said, “Peace out, Dad!  I made plans with my boys from playgroup.”

I doubt whether being a parent will change him.  From the looks of the “Professional Rawdogger” onesie the baby was sporting in a social media post, I think that ship has sailed.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

How many episodes are left this season? I'm not sure how much more Jason I can take.

Same with the family full of teen moms. I'm not sure how much more of them I can take. Tyra thinks she won something because Alex is back. Tiarra and Taylor are feuding over a baby room. This is stupid.

• Love 9
On 5/14/2022 at 7:02 AM, Jeanne222 said:

If Emersyn's father does pay child support if she is over 18 and not enrolled in school it probably has stopped.  Child support usually does not "pour in" and despite Emersyn's mother being a rather dreadful person she does appear to take care of her children.  They are clean, healthy, nicely dressed and well fed.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Even though it wasn’t remotely possible I wanted a medical professional to take Kaylen’s phone , call her mother to tell her to come up and then turn the ringer off and refuse to return it to her.
Kaylen was in a horrible situation of Jason’s creation. Her stress level must have been off the charts. What a hideous way to bring a child into the world.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Marisagf said:

I doubt whether being a parent will change him.  From the looks of the “Professional Rawdogger” onesie the baby was sporting in a social media post, I think that ship has sailed.

Kylen's probably pregnant again.  Wonder what HIS plans are this time.  Keeping it a secret and delivering the baby himself?

14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Even after Kaylen had been in labor for 47 hours, that a-hole continued to lecture her.  Unreal!

Because he truly believes she was being dramatic..."it can't hurt THAT much!"

• Love 7
(edited)

It was pretty upsetting to see Kylen refusing to see her mother during labor because she "wanted Palm Tree Head." After all he put her through and brought on himself, then turned it into "I got kicked out because of you." His deflection is maddening. When I watch him and Bilalzebub on the same night, I fear for my mental health.

Poor parents Kylen. She lets him turn them into shadow people.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 12
(edited)

I have never wanted to reach through my screen and shake someone as much as I want to shake Jason. The way things were (not) progressing, and knowing hospital SOP, I fully expected a c- section. One has to wonder what Sideshow's reaction would have been. They are lucky that baby was not born in distress. I sure hope there are no lingering abnormalities following that protracted labor/delivery. Why on earth did they not rupture her membrane when she got to the hospital? 

I guess none of us knows the extent to which these shows are edited. I'm betting none of these people understand the ramifications of the contract they sign. Once they are filmed, they have no say in how they are portrayed. Think about how many natural "bloopers" we have seen over the normal course of these shows. Perhaps the occasional diaper blowout, and swearing, but what about body functions like burping and farting, and the drop in from folks you don't want to be seen associating with? I would love to hear from former cast members regarding how much manipulation actually occurs. 

Supposedly Kylen and Jason will not be filming next season. But then again, supposedly Jason was arrested on outstanding warrants at the hospital, so it's hard to know what to believe.

Not that Makayla and ARR are the best sources, but edited to add: https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2021/09/06/former-unexpected-star-mckayla-adkins-accuses-tlc-show-producers-of-inappropriate-actions-being-evil-they-literally-sexualized-us-as-minors/

Edited by salvame
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, renatae said:

It was pretty upsetting to see Kylen refusing to see her mother during labor because she "wanted Palm Tree Head." After all he put her through and brought on himself, then turned it into "I got kicked out because of you." His deflection is maddening. When I watch him and Bilalzebub on the same night, I fear for my mental health.

Poor parents Kylen. She lets him turn them into shadow people.

That was sad. It sounded like her mom really wanted to be there. But Kylan knew if she said yes there would be H** to pay by Jason.

I don't know more there is to say about Jason. He is just a horrible, horrible human being.

• Love 9
On 5/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, Boston said:

She didn't have prenatal care.   After watching this again, they said it (someone said it.. maybe his cousin).  

I read through comments on this shitshow before I watch so I know what to really pay attention to. I believe Kylen had regular Dr visits,  but nothing extra, no "what to expect" classes or information. So when Cousin Jason was talking, I think that's what she was referring to.

• Love 1

Regardless both Kylen and Jason displayed a total ignorance of birthing procedures...Jason because he only read and comprehended what he chose to read and comprehend and Kylen because she is so cowed down by Jason's bullying that she took absolutely no responsibility for her own life or for the life of her baby.  I find both of them to be culpable...girl...this is your body, your baby, and you are the one having to go through childbirth...read a pamphlet or something1

And shame on jason's parents also.  she and Jason live with them.  They should have taken some action to make sure that their grandson had proper prenatal care and that his parents were prepared for what was going to happen.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RoxiP said:

And shame on jason's parents also.  she and Jason live with them. 

Did Shithead's enabling parents become to ashamed to film? There is a petition to get Shithead off the show. He should not be paid for the abuse that has been shown.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Regardless both Kylen and Jason displayed a total ignorance of birthing procedures...Jason because he only read and comprehended what he chose to read and comprehend and Kylen because she is so cowed down by Jason's bullying that she took absolutely no responsibility for her own life or for the life of her baby.  I find both of them to be culpable...girl...this is your body, your baby, and you are the one having to go through childbirth...read a pamphlet or something

• Is this her first boyfriend?
  • Is this the first boy who paid ANY attention to her?
  • Her parents seem to love her very much.  WHY does she need the attention of a SCUM like Jason?
  • Something is dreadfully wrong with her.
  • She's definitely a plain girl and he does tell us she's beautiful.

Maybe that's it ... maybe that is simply IT.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, applewood said:

I don't know more there is to say about Jason. He is just a horrible, horrible human being.

H O R R I B L E    ! ! ! ! !

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Did y'all see Jason sitting behind Kylen in the birthing tub, VAPING???

I figured out who kylen's parents are. Anyone remember that movie Housesitter with Goldie Hawn, where she hired that couple to be her parents? Bless their hearts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/12/2022 at 10:24 PM, b2H said:

Not to compare Kylen to an animal (like Jason did) but a similar thing happened at my house 3 weeks ago. We have a kitten rescue and someone dumped off a pregnant dog. She'd already been in labor for several hours by the time we got her. By 3am I knew we couldn't wait until the vet opened. I examined her and felt a puppy in the birth canal. I was finally able to remove the placenta (which came first and in pieces) and the puppy. The puppy was gone. It had been trapped in the birth canal for so long that it has gone into distress and died. Almost killed the mom as well. She was so exhausted that she couldn't push. Happily, though, I delivered 2 more healthy ones and they're doing great! My husband was all "I don't know how you can so this" and I said, "You've clearly never had to go fishing for a lost tampon string. I've been training for this since I was 10."

But, yeah. VERY dangerous for her AND Xavier. I'm surprised they didn't try to do a Caesarean while they had him out of the building. Can you imagine? As soon as they removed the baby Jason would've been like, "Okay, Kylen, let's go. You don't need to be stitched up, we've got some of them big Bandaids in the basement."

• Applause 1
  • Love 5