Type keyword(s) to search

Unexpected: All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

Jason is a textbook level 5 smug gaslighting domestic abuser. He’s gotten the isolating Kylen part down pat and she already fears him and must agree with everything he says, or else. He belittles her and shows her no respect. Frankly, I’m afraid for her and her baby. It’s probably a blessing that they live with his parents so he doesn’t beat her up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I don't understand what it means to "play house" when you have a newborn. That's the realest real life can get. There's no "play" involved in caring for a newborn overnight. It's nuts to have one of the parents staying on a different floor. That's an excellent way to ensure that there's an unequal burden on the mom, leading to resentment towards the dad. Maybe that's Erica's real goal.

• Love 7

It looks like Jason's parents have some money and things and that's the big draw to Jason!

Big house,  lake house, boats and money for fun stuff!

Kylens  folks on the other hand don't have much.  So she's drawn to the $$$!

• Love 2

I'm sure Kylen is drawn to the shiny things, but she's very young, doesn't appear to be too intelligent, and she is pregnant.  Jason's parents seem to have caved to him all of his life and despite their talking tough they have done nothing to stop this really ugly train.  I guess they think if Jason is distracted by a baby or a girlfriend (and does anybody think he's going to want to wait 6 weeks after birth to have sex again?) they won't have to deal with him.  They have created a monster.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

Neither Kylen nor her parents are altogether there.  I believe all three of them are mildly intellectually challenged.  Jason/PTH?  He is just stupid.  A bit of a sociopath.  I feel bad for Dad.  He is fighting a losing battle.  My guess is he is too far along for a kidney transplant.

With respect to Tyra, Kentucky is one of the highest States for teen pregnancy.  Together with the three generation legacy of teen moms, these girls never had a chance.

Emersyn?  Needs to get her own apartment.  Her young man is a delight.  Nice, respectful.  Emersyn is a twit.  My folks had a good line to use with her - move out now while you still know everything.

Lily is milking this whole thing worse than anyone on Teen Mom.  I guess she didn’t make the cut for the other show.  She is moving out and will find out the hard way.  She has had it fairly easy for four years.  That’s ending now.

Edited by b2H
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Got to see the new episode on Discovery+.

Lilly gave us another litmus test proving that she's not ready for a serious relationship, much less a live-in, two-kids, pseudo-marriage situation. Lilly: "I'm going to pretend that I'm happy with the outcome because Lawrence can't know I was wrong." Are you kidding me?? Is this an episode of "I Love Lucy"?

I'm going to assume that Lawrence didn't actually enforce the no-food-on-the-couch rule against Aaliyah because he knew Lilly would be upset if he made the child cry. What was that about having authority in your house, Lawrence? You needed a different partner if you wanted to parent like Captain Von Trapp. Even a three-year-old can't spill a peeled apple, but they are asking for trouble teaching that kid that she can ignore them and do whatever she wants.

Aden is announcing that he's already checked out of the relationship with every eyeroll and mumble. He's pulling the classic move of "I don't want to be responsible for ending the relationship, so I'm just going to force my partner to leave and then blame her." That's not a shocker coming from an 18-year-old, but it sucks for Jenna and Luca.

The best part of the episode was the preview hinting that Sideshow Bob's dad is sick of his crap and might actually set a boundary of some kind. I won't hold my breath.

• Love 9
On 3/29/2022 at 11:02 AM, Chris Knight said:

I cannot stand Jason. Such a punk. He needs a crack in the mouth. I would be beside myself if my daughter brought this loser home.

More than the pregnancy, I’d be questioning where I went wrong that her self esteem is so low to bring home that jackass.

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

Aidan is so abusive to Jenna; I think she picked someone like her dad. (Don't get me wrong, her mom is a piece of work, too. Jenna's the old real adult in the family.) Does he seem mostly stoned to anyone else?

• Love 5

I hold Jenna as much responsible as I do Aden.  She does pick at him.  She expects him to treat her poorly and he does.  He hasn't changed since before Luca was born...and he's not going to.  By the way, in his defense, it does appear that he does go out and work and support his girlfriend and child (of course along with some reality show money).  If they were mature enough for counseling they might have a chance but neither of them has shown they are mature enough.

• Love 8

Aliyah eating on the couch and simply refusing to move without consequences was just sad. If Lawrence doesn't want to punish her because he's not her father, than Lilly should have put her in time out. Something tells me no one has ever properly given Aliyah a consequence when she misbehaves.

Lilly and Lawrence's room looks completely ridiculous. It's sad that Lilly would rather try to live in there than to admit she was wrong. She has a long life ahead of her with that attitude.

I don't like Tiarra. She seems like she has an awful attitude. I would image if I had a kid I wouldn't want her yelling at them either, but I'm also not sure I'd want it on my conscience that I didn't take my sister to the hospital during a difficult pregnancy. Sure I might drive off and leave her there, but if something were to happen to her, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. 

It's clear Jenna and Aden are not going to work out. I don't think either of them has the balls to be the first one to say that out loud. Jenna is still there because she has bad memories of her own parents, who are not together. Aden seems like he may be too lazy to properly break up with her. She needs to figure out what she will do when she is no longer with Aden. She appears to be a stay at home Mother, which is fine, but will she have the income to keep that up when she is single. She has issues with both of her parents, so I suspect she won't want to move back home with either one. She needs an exit strategy.

• Love 8

So Tiarra is flying from Maryland to Kentucky with a toddler for routine doctor's appointments and then ignoring the doctor's advice by not taking her iron medication?   Maybe these people all reproduce so young because they are too stupid to expect to live long?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Aliyah eating on the couch and simply refusing to move without consequences was just sad. If Lawrence doesn't want to punish her because he's not her father, than Lilly should have put her in time out. Something tells me no one has ever properly given Aliyah a consequence when she misbehaves.

Lilly and Lawrence's room looks completely ridiculous. It's sad that Lilly would rather try to live in there than to admit she was wrong. She has a long life ahead of her with that attitude.

I don't like Tiarra. She seems like she has an awful attitude. I would image if I had a kid I wouldn't want her yelling at them either, but I'm also not sure I'd want it on my conscience that I didn't take my sister to the hospital during a difficult pregnancy. Sure I might drive off and leave her there, but if something were to happen to her, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. 

It's clear Jenna and Aden are not going to work out. I don't think either of them has the balls to be the first one to say that out loud. Jenna is still there because she has bad memories of her own parents, who are not together. Aden seems like he may be too lazy to properly break up with her. She needs to figure out what she will do when she is no longer with Aden. She appears to be a stay at home Mother, which is fine, but will she have the income to keep that up when she is single. She has issues with both of her parents, so I suspect she won't want to move back home with either one. She needs an exit strategy.

I don’t care for Tierra, either and suspect Tyra’s willingness to help her diminished quite a bit when Tierra was so snotty and haughty when Tyra called her from college in a tearful panic about Julie’s internet boyfriend moving in with Layla. 

• Love 6

I want to know how Lawrence can pay for a $2400 apartment! That is more than my Mortgage, all my bills, and new car! Is he a secret doctor?

Masson is the only dad on this show that is not angry. I hope he stays that way. Because his girlfriend is a nightmare.

• Love 10

Oh my. I weaned myself away from just about all the shows and made the mistake of watching episode one of this new season. I'm currently watching the third one, or whatever one in which Mason the scholar is explaining that he was told men can lactate if the woman cannot...

In no particular order and before I'm caught up:

Still can't stand Lawrence. He's a manbaby with an anger problem. It won't be long before their new apartment has holes punched in the walls.  Lilly is super irritating but a guy who seethes and smacks my hand away would be shown the exit. I can totally see him saying, "Well, you made me do that..." 

Tired of Tyra and her sisters and all the babies, and Alex and drama and nonsense. Every scene they are in feels like a recording that's stuck looping the same song over and over. Fast forward.

Watching the couple in New Hampshire makes me very sad. What kind of girls are being raised to be so meek and afraid to speak their mind? This guy thinks he knows everything. His parents walk on egg shells around him and cater to his every whim. This is what happens when the kid runs the house from day 1. You create a monster. Kylen is a complete doormat. Jason reminds me of Stephen from 90 Day in that he is going to dislike any attention taken from him and given to the baby. He's already shutting out her parents-- one of whom is dying-- and doesn't want his parents there. "This is our thing, not the grandparents thing" and then whining at his cousin's about everything being for the baby and nothing for him. What an asshole. Kylen is going to be stuck doing everything all the time. Telling her parents not to answer when they were asked if mom wanted to be at the birth shows a girl that is terrified of her boyfriend and if she doesn't hear it, she doesn't have to confront it. When her father pulled out the box of toy cars and said "this is my legacy for my grandson," I totally teared up.

Mason and Emersyn: Her mother is a Karen. She scares me. Mason reminds me of Ethan from last season. I'd never picture these two as a couple. Boy, Emersyn looked like a totally different person in the TH as she did when putting together the hospital bag. Make up does do wonders. 

Is Aden ever nice to Jenna? This girl has two winners for parents and is emotionally abused 24/7 by her boyfriend. I'm shocked that she is able to function at all. Aden definitely has the manspreading down in the THs. He talks in slow motion. That would drive me nuts.

I think that's everyone. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

I want to know how Lawrence can pay for a $2400 apartment! That is more than my Mortgage, all my bills, and new car! Is he a secret doctor?

Masson is the only dad on this show that is not angry. I hope he stays that way. Because his girlfriend is a nightmare.

It has the be money from the show.  They should buy something so at least they have some equity when the money dries up.    I am curious what he does for a living.

Masson is a really sweet guy.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

It has the be money from the show.  They should buy something so at least they have some equity when the money dries up.    I am curious what he does for a living.

Masson is a really sweet guy.

Lawrence needs to STFU about "I just paid $10k to move," "I'm paying the rent and I want authority," bullshit. Lilly gets paid by the show and contributes. Her mother is likely helping too, so he's not the sole provider. Without the show money, paying $2400/mo would likely be impossible. 

Long Island has insane property taxes. Centereach may have some $400k homes, but they'd probably be 1200 square feet and in addition to the mortgage, they'd probably pay upwards of $800/mo in property taxes. A major repair would be doom for such young people. It also entangles them financially if the relationship should crash and burn. They likely don't have a lot in savings and if he has a modest paying job and modest show income that will cease at some point, banks won't be jumping to lend them money. Not sure how hot the real estate market is in Centereach but there are lots of all cash offers these days and many home sales result in bidding wars.

She should have stayed with her mother. That's a lot of money going out every month needlessly when they had a place to live. Lawrence wants to be the big cheese which is nice but they could be socking away that $2400 each month and when the show ends, Lilly can get a job, while mom babysits, and they could save even more. 

Now, all their money will go out the door every month in rent and living thin will cause a ton of stress. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

Absolutely everything you said regarding Jenna.  This is as good as it gets for her!

She has a boyfriend working and show money.  There is no exit plan!  If Jenna leaves him the show will probably drop her and who knows what he would do?

She seems pretty smart but not too street smart! 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Absolutely everything you said regarding Jenna.  This is as good as it gets for her!

I have more hope than that for Jenna, I could see going her back to school and getting a good job. And a non-abusive guy.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Long Island has insane property taxes. Centereach may have some $400k homes, but they'd probably be 1200 square feet

I guess that explains why a $2400/month apartment has an air conditioner unit that is installed in a hole in the middle of the wall.  And a circuit breaker box is the first thing you see when you come up the stairs.

15 hours ago, configdotsys said:

She should have stayed with her mother. That's a lot of money going out every month needlessly when they had a place to live.

It was only in passing, but I think I heard Lawrence say that the new place is an hour less of a commute.  That may or may not make up for having to pay rent, but I would definitely factor it into the decision.

19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Boy, Emersyn looked like a totally different person in the TH as she did when putting together the hospital bag. Make up does do wonders. 

Yet no amount of makeup can fix that crooked mouth of hers, which makes everything she says look like it's being sneered.

19 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Is Aden ever nice to Jenna?

Apparently he used to be nice if "nice" means giving her presents--she has photo evidence of that.  And apparently he doesn't do that any more, even on mother's day.  Unless she bawls in the car over it.  

I don't like the guy, but one of their issues appears to be that Jenna has the baby sleeping with her, and isn't budging on that.  Aden does construction work and has to get up really early in the morning, and I can see not wanting to have the baby sleeping with him.  I think Jenna cares more about her crunchy mom self-designation than she cares about Aden, and that will cause problems.

As for his stoned affect, I think in the beginning he was actually tired from work, but I think it's become more of his "look" for the show, partly because he doesn't like the cameras and partly because he doesn't like Jenna, and particularly doesn't like talking to Jenna on camera about his shortcomings.

• Love 4

I think Jenna is so love starved (let's face it - the girl has been used as a weapon between two ridiculous, immature parents and now she is with an emotionally unavailable immature boyfriend) that she clings to the baby because he is the only source of constant love that she gets.  Of course that's a classic recipe for disaster long-term.  I honestly think if she would quit trying so hard to push Aden away by making him always prove how much he loves her that their relationship might stand a chance, but she just doesn't have the capacity to do that (and not excusing him - he can be a complete jerk).

• Love 4
On 4/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, configdotsys said:

Lawrence needs to STFU about "I just paid $10k to move," "I'm paying the rent and I want authority," bullshit. Lilly gets paid by the show and contributes. Her mother is likely helping too, so he's not the sole provider. Without the show money, paying $2400/mo would likely be impossible. 

Long Island has insane property taxes. Centereach may have some $400k homes, but they'd probably be 1200 square feet and in addition to the mortgage, they'd probably pay upwards of $800/mo in property taxes. A major repair would be doom for such young people. It also entangles them financially if the relationship should crash and burn. They likely don't have a lot in savings and if he has a modest paying job and modest show income that will cease at some point, banks won't be jumping to lend them money. Not sure how hot the real estate market is in Centereach but there are lots of all cash offers these days and many home sales result in bidding wars.

She should have stayed with her mother. That's a lot of money going out every month needlessly when they had a place to live. Lawrence wants to be the big cheese which is nice but they could be socking away that $2400 each month and when the show ends, Lilly can get a job, while mom babysits, and they could save even more. 

Now, all their money will go out the door every month in rent and living thin will cause a ton of stress. 

Oh yeah they definitely should have stayed with her mother, but I can imagine they were itching to get out.  Yeah now is not a great time to buy, the prices are obscene all over the country and you get crap for double the price.  Still it kills me that they rent, that’s so much money out there door they will never see again.

And do we know what Lawrence does for work?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh yeah they definitely should have stayed with her mother, but I can imagine they were itching to get out.  Yeah now is not a great time to buy, the prices are obscene all over the country and you get crap for double the price.  Still it kills me that they rent, that’s so much money out there door they will never see again.

And do we know what Lawrence does for work?

I would definitely want to bail out too. I think Lilly said Lawrence was cheap so it's interesting that he was all about leaving and having to fork out a ton every month. I think he's a ball of anger and wants the freedom to be authoritarian and rule his home. Considering that Alliyah is a second class citizen to him already, I feel bad for her. I have no doubt he will treat Lilly a lot differently than he did in her parents' home. He just comes across as such an angry person that's always in a constant state of seething.

I missed the part that @StatisticalOutlier mentioned about it being an hour closer to work for him. That definitely is a huge deal. I heard Lilly's mom say that the new place is far away. It's about 30 minutes in the car from Riverhead to Centereach so it's not like mom can pop in any time. Lawrence was wearing a Napa Auto Parts tee shirt that said "Stay back 6 feet" and something about Covid on the back so maybe that is one of his work shirts. If it is, driving over an hour away to work retail seems weird to me so maybe it was just another shirt. 

Lilly will go stir crazy at home alone with the two kids while he's spending all his time working (he made that clear when he made breakfast on Mother's Day when he said something like: "You better appreciate it because once we move I'm not gonna have time for anything that's not work so cooking definitely ain't my job"). She will be shocked and not happy that she actually has to do stuff now. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 5

I was happy to get a break and not see Kylen and Jason this week.

I was with Aden when he said that Jenna can’t complain that he sleeps in a separate room when she insists on sleeping with the baby. Someone has to support her if she won’t work and if he’s working he needs his sleep.

• Love 6

I tried to figure out what Lawrence's job was but his bio just says that he was an athlete in high school (wrestler).  He's shorter (if I remember it was around 5'7) so not sure how that would work for him.

• Love 1

I know you all assured me that Tyra's little girls was a typical 2 year old. She slapped/punched her aunt in the face in the last episode, and Tyra got bent out of shape because her sister told the kid to knock it off. No one is going to tell her kid what to do! I raised 4 boys, each two years a part in age and have been around my 7 grand kids a lot, and not a single one of them ever slapped/punched a baby or an adult in the face like this child has done. Guess mine were just not normal kids?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I know you all assured me that Tyra's little girls was a typical 2 year old. She slapped/punched her aunt in the face in the last episode, and Tyra got bent out of shape because her sister told the kid to knock it off. No one is going to tell her kid what to do! I raised 4 boys, each two years a part in age and have been around my 7 grand kids a lot, and not a single one of them ever slapped/punched a baby or an adult in the face like this child has done. Guess mine were just not normal kids?

I don't think anybody is arguing that Layla should have received discipline...but Tiarra was over the top and quite honestly Tyra should have stepped in and interceded instead of just standing around watching everything unfold.  If an adult was standing over me as aggressively as Tiarra was over Layla then I probably would have slapped her face also.  I understand Tiarra was frustrated and scared but her actions were unjustified.  I don't care if it is your niece or not - you do not yank somebody else's child around like she did Layla.  I see your argument and I'm not disagreeing with you because I didn't live your life, but I can see both sides of this situation.

I think Tyra was wrong in denying them the use of her car but these are all immature people.  I would have not liked to have seen my child treated like that in front of me.

Don't blame the child...blame the so-called adults (starting with Tyra and Tiarra's mother) who are raising them.

• Love 4
On 4/12/2022 at 12:00 PM, RoxiP said:

I think Jenna is so love starved (let's face it - the girl has been used as a weapon between two ridiculous, immature parents and now she is with an emotionally unavailable immature boyfriend) that she clings to the baby because he is the only source of constant love that she gets.  Of course that's a classic recipe for disaster long-term.  I honestly think if she would quit trying so hard to push Aden away by making him always prove how much he loves her that their relationship might stand a chance, but she just doesn't have the capacity to do that (and not excusing him - he can be a complete jerk).

To add to all this, Jenna has never had good parents to model. When she was first on the show, I saw her as a spoiled brat, but since getting to know her better, I think a lot of that was her defense mechanism- if her family was unable to provide her with the love and parenting she needed, at least she could get them to buy their way into her life, plus, motherhood has matured her. I really think she wants to be the best parent she can be, and hoped that she had found love with Aden, but she chose the wrong baby daddy at the wrong time, for her to be able to parent they way she wants to. It's sad, because I really believe she wanted a life that was more secure and loving for her child than her own has been, but now she finds herself in the same type of relationship as her parents. My heart breaks for her more than any of the others. I wish she could live in a more stable environment and get professional help to rise above all her issues.

• Love 8

Referring back to Tiarra's "I can't find my social security card so I have to have my sister fly here and then we fly together to Kentucky for my checkups" drama, I was just poking around my account on the social security website, and there was a link for "Request a Replacement Social Security Card."  I clicked on it, and the first thing it says, in big letters, is:  "Do You Really Need a Card?"  And under that, three bullet points:

- You will rarely need to show your Social Security card.

- Knowing your Social Security number is what is important.

- Many organizations can verify your Social Security number directly with us.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
On 4/5/2022 at 1:03 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Jason is a textbook level 5 smug gaslighting domestic abuser. He’s gotten the isolating Kylen part down pat and she already fears him and must agree with everything he says, or else. He belittles her and shows her no respect. Frankly, I’m afraid for her and her baby. It’s probably a blessing that they live with his parents so he doesn’t beat her up.

This excuse for a sentient being makes me stabby. He knows NOTHING, but swaggers around telling everyone how he's an adult. He's an adult in no way. He sees nothing he doesn't want to see. He thinks he can speak what he wants into being.  "I'm in labor." "No, you're not."

I just want to take him and shake him. I'm glad all the parents realize what an utter cretin he is and feel like they can be counted on to be there for her when she hopefully wakes up before his abusiveness crosses the line.

• Love 13
On 4/15/2022 at 10:37 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Referring back to Tiarra's "I can't find my social security card so I have to have my sister fly here and then we fly together to Kentucky for my checkups" drama, I was just poking around my account on the social security website, and there was a link for "Request a Replacement Social Security Card."  I clicked on it, and the first thing it says, in big letters, is:  "Do You Really Need a Card?"  And under that, three bullet points:

- You will rarely need to show your Social Security card.

- Knowing your Social Security number is what is important.

- Many organizations can verify your Social Security number directly with us.

Besides which, you can apply online at that very site.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, renatae said:

This excuse for a sentient being makes me stabby. He knows NOTHING, but swaggers around telling everyone how he's an adult. He's an adult in no way. He sees nothing he doesn't want to see. He thinks he can speak what he wants into being.  "I'm in labor." "No, you're not."

I just want to take him and shake him. I'm glad all the parents realize what an utter cretin he is and feel like they can be counted on to be there for her when she hopefully wakes up before his abusiveness crosses the line.

I think when she gets older  Kylen's going to be very angry with Jason for  - among other reasons - stopping her from being with her dad in his remaining years. Have fun then, Jason. 

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I think when she gets older  Kylen's going to be very angry with Jason for  - among other reasons - stopping her from being with her dad in his remaining years. Have fun then, Jason. 

Hopefully, he’ll get a lot of time to think about his actions while he does time in jail for domestic abuse.

• Love 7

Calling all parents!! 
when your son or daughter’s significant other tells them to come with them to go pee that’s all the evidence you need that they are being controlled. I would have said something right there. I think Jason’s parents were hoping for Kyla? parents to step in because they are afraid of their son. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Quilty said:

Calling all parents!! 
when your son or daughter’s significant other tells them to come with them to go pee that’s all the evidence you need that they are being controlled. I would have said something right there. I think Jason’s parents were hoping for Kyla? parents to step in because they are afraid of their son. 

Jason’s parents should have told him a long time ago that if he wants to be an adult, then he needs to act like one. Stop paying his cellphone, car insurance, car loan, etc. bills and tell him he can find his own place. I think they’re afraid that he’s going to kill them with an axe if they don’t comply. They are his hostages.

Both sets of parents know what’s going on:

Isolate Kylen from her family ✔️

Do not let her out of your sight✔️

Continue to tell her she’s stupid✔️

Jason’s way or ELSE✔️

Black is white (no you’re not in labor)✔️

Trivializing her feelings✔️

They are all afraid of what Jason will do and how he’ll take it out on Kylen or the baby. We are witnessing a very sick situation.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Jason’s parents should have told him a long time ago that if he wants to be an adult, then he needs to act like one. Stop paying his cellphone, car insurance, car loan, etc. bills and tell him he can find his own place. I think they’re afraid that he’s going to kill them with an axe if they don’t comply. They are his hostages.

Both sets of parents know what’s going on:

Isolate Kylen from her family ✔️

Do not let her out of your sight✔️

Continue to tell her she’s stupid✔️

Jason’s way or ELSE✔️

Black is white (no you’re not in labor)✔️

Trivializing her feelings✔️

They are all afraid of what Jason will do and how he’ll take it out on Kylen or the baby. We are witnessing a very sick situation.

Why did he need her to go with him to pee and more bizarrely, why didn't any of the parents say anything? Is she ever with anyone else without him present? His parents have leverage in that he needs them financially and they need to use that leverage. They're all very passive around him and they really need to call him on his s--t. I think it might be helpful to Kylen for someone to validate the toxic behavior she sees in Jason by saying it out loud in her presence. It couldn't hurt, at least.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Kylen was very much strengthened by Jason's parents understanding that their son is totally wrong here.  She was challenging him as much as we've ever seen her do that.  This is pretty painful to witness on television, but I hope Kylen is able to watch this show when it airs and understand exactly who Jason is, and that she will run away from Jason.  

I was glad Kylen's parents were able to tell her through the television show that she can always come back home.  They need to keep sending the message that she will always have a  home with them, and they will take her back at any time, no questions asked.  At this point, I think if this poor girl puts a post on social media asking for help there will be lots of total strangers willing to show up to rescue her and take her home or to a women's shelter for safety.

I am quite worried about how Jason will react when he sees this show broadcast - if he worries about her leaving, he will be even more dangerous, and I worry he may take his anger out on her.

And Jason's parents raised this monster, so I hope they will take the responsibility of sitting Kylen down alone off camera, and telling her that if she chooses to leave they will understand and be there to support her.  She's a pregnant kid, and is terrified and needs as much of a support system as possible.  I actually think Jason's parents might be capable of this, since they seem to understand exactly what is going on and realize the seriousness of isolating Kylen from her dad during what might be the last time she can spend with him.  And the utter sadness of the fact that instead of spending the end of his life in peace, he is utterly terrified that Kylen isn't safe, and he knows she isn't happy. 

• Love 18
On 3/6/2022 at 11:31 PM, IvySpice said:

DAMN, Jason. I can't wait to see you try to blame everything you said on the editing. This cannot possibly end well, especially with Kylen living in his parents' house. He's Matthew 2.0.

Emersyn's mom is so superior. Emersyn's future got STOLEN from her? More like she threw it away! You're plenty eager to blame this other family for what your kid did. Nobody raped her.

Funny you should say that way back in first week of March! 😂 That’s exactly what Jason is saying right now on his TikTok account, that TLC made him look bad for ratings and money. He also said him and Kaylen are going to make a video on YouTube, so they can tell the real story, because he’s totally a victim here 🙄

• LOL 4

I only watch here and there… the Kylen/fuzzy hair kid makes me so angry. He talks such a big game but is a worthless piece of space. Hes So controlling, so abusive. I think she really does feel stuck. I am raising 2 boys, and I watch this show with dread that my kids will turn out to be like him. 

• Love 5

I have hope that the people filming this show say something to Kylen when they are alone with her that her parents love her and will welcome her home.  They have some control over how the show is filmed and can insist they need her to film with her parents ALONE.  This is a serious situation and his parents just told us all about how ineffectual they are, so some Real Adults must act now.  The boy is a punk. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Eme said:

they need her to film with her parents ALONE

They did film talking heads alone. Kylen was shushing her parents so that they didn't answer any questions that would make Jason mad. I agree that real adults need to tell her they'll protect her if she decides to leave Jason, but that's just to plant seeds, not because it's likely to work any time soon. She's totally in the abuse-victim head space where all of her worth is tied up in the relationship, and she has no interest in leaving.

I was like DAMN when Father Jason described his son insulting and cursing at him. Calling him a loser when he's the one paying for the roof over everyone's head! Turn off the cell phone and gas money and see how quick that narcissistic bastard sees the light.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I am quite worried about how Jason will react when he sees this show broadcast - if he worries about her leaving, he will be even more dangerous, and I worry he may take his anger out on her.

Surely there are "authorities" in her/their town(s) that will use THEIR LAWS to help her and HER parents.  Local viewers need to find a legal reason to put that punk (thanks EME and CHRIS KNIGHT) into some type of facility before he kills someone--or IS killed.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I think it might be helpful to Kylen for someone to validate the toxic behavior she sees in Jason by saying it out loud in her presence. It couldn't hurt, at least.

The parents are afraid that he’ll take it out on Kylen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 4/11/2022 at 4:52 PM, configdotsys said:

Why continue to punish Lilly's mother?  Hasn't she done enough?  Hasn't her husband done enough?   Let Lawrence be the king in his own little castle and give Lilly's mom a break.

• Love 5