Type keyword(s) to search

Unexpected: All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

These episodes just drag on and on and just when something happens, it's over. The editors of this show suck. 90% of the show is boring filler. 

I did not like Jenna at all when I first "met" her but she's easily my favorite. She needs to dump Aden like yesterday. I have no idea why anyone of any age would stay with someone who ignores them and is mean to them. It's bizarre.

The brood in Kentucky get FF so no idea what's going on there and I don't care.

There is nothing to say about Jason that hasn't already been said but I've come to the conclusion that Kylen is just as bad. She is not being held captive. She doesn't call her mother on the sly because she loves her and wants to talk to her and get advice. There is no hint of "I would like to see my mom but Jason thinks we need to be independent now" or some such. There was no "I want my mommy" vibe in the hospital which most kids have when hurting or facing a huge fearful event like a birth. There's only defiance there. There was "I want Jason." The way she flew into fearless mode when defending Jason to the hospital staff just spoke volumes. I have known kids that have had bad relationships with their parents but if one of them got sick, as "bad" as their parent may have been, the kid was affected tremendously by it. Kylen seems unmoved. That is not a product created by Jason. It's beyond sad to watch.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 17
On 5/18/2022 at 6:46 AM, configdotsys said:

There is no hint of "I would like to see my mom but Jason thinks we need to be independent now" or some such. There was no "I want my mommy" vibe in the hospital which most kids have when hurting or facing a huge fearful event like a birth.

I didn't see any "I want my mommy" vibe in the hospital, either--just (disturbingly) wanting Jason there.  But on previous episodes, Kylen did say she misses her parents and wants to visit them more often, and Jason told her she needed to grow up and stop being such a baby. 

On 5/18/2022 at 6:46 AM, configdotsys said:

I have known kids that have had bad relationships with their parents but if one of them got sick, as "bad" as their parent may have been, the kid was affected tremendously by it. Kylen seems unmoved. That is not a product created by Jason.

I've thought for a while that Kylen acts like a cult member, and the behavior you described is classic cult behavior. 

Kylen seems to have no mind of her own, and I have no doubt it's because of Jason, but at the same time, I think she might be more susceptible to that type of influence because her parents don't seem like strong go-getters, and she probably didn't fall far from that tree.

Which is not to say that strong go-getters can't come under the spell of a cult leader, but in Jason's case, he's a low-rent manipulator and has succeeded only because chose his victim carefully. 

I really do think she's brainwashed, and because of that, I cut her some slack.  I like to think that if I were her parents, I'd take scorched-earth approach to the whole situation, but I've read enough about cults to know that that can be a dangerous tactic (although I doubt that's their reasoning). 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Quilty said:

Why do J+k say X-avier. Most names will take Z sound. Xander we pronounce Zander. Xylophone- zylophone. Just weird they really emphasize the X.

I've noticed that too. Long time teacher and have had several students named "Xavier" and it was always pronounced with a /Z/. I dislike both of them with the fire of 1000 suns. Jason is a world class abuser and Kylen is a mealy mouthed weak slovenly teen. What that call him is secondary to that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, BAForever said:

I've noticed that too. Long time teacher and have had several students named "Xavier" and it was always pronounced with a /Z/. I dislike both of them with the fire of 1000 suns. Jason is a world class abuser and Kylen is a mealy mouthed weak slovenly teen. What that call him is secondary to that.

Interesting. I'm a long term teacher also and way more often heard the X-zavier pronuciation. Even from my own school days, kids named Xavier pronounced their name X-zavier. The straight up Zay-vyur pronunciation thing is new to me. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
23 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Interesting. I'm a long term teacher also and way more often heard the X-zavier pronuciation. Even from my own school days, kids named Xavier pronounced their name X-zavier. The straight up Zay-vyur pronunciation thing is new to me. 

Same.  The major boys Catholic HS where I grew up was St Xavier and everyone calls St X.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/18/2022 at 7:46 AM, configdotsys said:

I did not like Jenna at all when I first "met" her but she's easily my fvorite. She needs to dump Aden like yesterday. I have no idea why anyone of any age would stay with someone who ignores them and is mean to them. It's bizarre.

I really think they purposely edited her first episode to make her look dumb and valley girly. She is so not that. She's far more mature than her parents.

For example, her mom admits to trying to run Ayden off, and then she's all boo-hoo, he doesn't like me. Well, maybe that's why.

And I totally get Aiden's feelings about it being his one week off per year. His feelings about that should have been taken into consideration.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I've always heard the "X" in Xavier...and the sword was named Excaliber in the movie...LOL!

I seriously doubt Aiden is paying for one penny of this vacation (something I would have liked to have Jenna or Jenna's dad say to him).  I understand it is his one week of vacation but suck it up buttercup!  You have a girlfriend and a baby and you are sulking in your room...which you probably are not paying for?

Yes, the drama is over a nursery pinterest design.  Tiarra is not coming off looking well on this one.  She is young, immature and petty and it shows.

Edited by RoxiP
I kept having new thoughts?
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I totally get Aiden's feelings about it being his one week off per year. His feelings about that should have been taken into consideration.

He could have simply not gone, instead of pouting in the bedroom the whole time and bringing down the mood for everyone else.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, SDVegas said:

He could have simply not gone, instead of pouting in the bedroom the whole time and bringing down the mood for everyone else.  

Maybe he wanted to be with his son. And it's his only week off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I somewhat see Aden's point but this is how it goes when you are married or in a committed relationship,  esp when a child is involved. He should have come out of the room, joined the family and tried to make the best of it.

The KY family is just so ridiculous. Tiarra sounds like a nut ("that's karma") but she's really just a stupid kid. A stupid kid with 2 kids of her own, ugh. The T cousin, Taylor ?, whose bf Noah had another gf when the 1st baby came ? Lovely. 

I still stand alone in my support of Emerson's mom. She may seem controlling but I think she has her daughter and grandson's best interest in mind. I thought Emerson had been at the boy's house for weeks by now, but then she proclaimed, "I arrived last night !" I haven't googled her but I bet they are broken up and she's back home.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

Maybe he wanted to be with his son. And it's his only week off.

If he didn’t go on the “vacation” with Jenna and her family, he wouldn’t have given up his one week off and could have done something else with Jenna and Luca some other week during the summer.

On 5/19/2022 at 11:29 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I've thought for a while that Kylen acts like a cult member, and the behavior you described is classic cult behavior. 

I think I referred to her as a Charles Manson acolyte a week or two ago. Kylen weighs her options: “Do I ask for my mother to be in the room when I deliver my baby, or do I say I want Jason there because I don’t want to forever be berated by him about not putting him first?”

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I've always heard the "X" in Xavier...and the sword was named Excaliber in the movie...LOL!

I seriously doubt Aiden is paying for one penny of this vacation (something I would have liked to have Jenna or Jenna's dad say to him).  I understand it is his one week of vacation but suck it up buttercup!  You have a girlfriend and a baby and you are sulking in your room...which you probably are not paying for?

Yes, the drama is over a nursery pinterest design.  Tiarra is not coming off looking well on this one.  She is young, immature and petty and it shows.

Yes, and the adult sisters are acting like teenagers as well.  They couldn't have the girls see how ridiculous the whole thing is? "That's so sweet! Even from miles away the baby girls are going to surrounded by the same lovely items in their rooms!" "Oh of course you would like the same things! You all had similar experiences and tastes growing up!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/23/2022 at 5:49 AM, RoxiP said:

In our boys' Catholic high school, the principal was Father Xavier ...."Zavier," and we're in Arizona where "Xavier" is usually pronounced Hah-vee-air.  All kinds of way...

In the 50s, the Catholic girls' school was Zavier...now it's X-ayvier.

• Useful 1
On 5/23/2022 at 2:40 PM, zenme said:

Yes, and the adult sisters are acting like teenagers as well.  They couldn't have the girls see how ridiculous the whole thing is? "That's so sweet! Even from miles away the baby girls are going to surrounded by the same lovely items in their rooms!" "Oh of course you would like the same things! You all had similar experiences and tastes growing up!" 

That fight was so stupid. Did I hear it correctly? Candace(mother of Taylor) emailed Melissa (mother of Tiarra and Tyra) and said "You're dead to me. I never want to talk to you again." This is over a nursery. sheesh. Maybe the moms just like the same style. Or maybe that's a popular style right now. I dunno.

Regarding Aydin, I don't he would be "Mr Fun" even if heather was not there. I think Jenna just needs to realize the relationship is over.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, applewood said:

That fight was so stupid. Did I hear it correctly? Candace(mother of Taylor) emailed Melissa (mother of Tiarra and Tyra) and said "You're dead to me. I never want to talk to you again." This is over a nursery. sheesh. Maybe the moms just like the same style. Or maybe that's a popular style right now. I dunno.

Regarding Aydin, I don't he would be "Mr Fun" even if heather was not there. I think Jenna just needs to realize the relationship is over.

The whole boho-rainbow thing is very popular right now. 

It is really a stupid argument, but my sense is that this was the last straw for them. It sounds like Tiarra has been pulling this kind of stuff for years and they'd had it. It was more the accumulation of petty grievances over time than the one thing. I think there are some long simmering rivalries between the sisters that have played out through their daughters. They all seem dumber than a box of rocks so they can get off my TV any time now. They'll keep getting pregnant as long as TLC keeps giving them $.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

The whole boho-rainbow thing is very popular right now. 

It is really a stupid argument, but my sense is that this was the last straw for them. It sounds like Tiarra has been pulling this kind of stuff for years and they'd had it. It was more the accumulation of petty grievances over time than the one thing. I think there are some long simmering rivalries between the sisters that have played out through their daughters. They all seem dumber than a box of rocks so they can get off my TV any time now. They'll keep getting pregnant as long as TLC keeps giving them $.

Yes, yes, yes. But the whole clan has thick, luxurious hair. Maybe that's God or the universe's trade off. Dumb AF, but great hair.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)

I have a cousin named Xavier who pronounces it X-avier. I also have another cousin who named her baby Xzavier…I hate it. 

Im originally from a state adjacent to Kentucky and can verify that I have many family members who will cut other family members off for petty shit like copying a nursery (there is a huge drama over a supposedly stolen cookie jar in my family, among other things equally ridiculous). This is why I moved out of state when I turned 18 and never looked back. When you have that many family members that all stay in the same tiny rural area, there is always drama. 

Edited by Ladystardust
Added
  • LOL 6
On 5/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, applewood said:

There is something emotionally wrong with Aaden (JMO).  Jenna needs to get out now (as you stated).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Watching Jason now not let Kylen hold her own damn baby, while his parents so obviously defer to him on all things, is so completely terrifying to me.

• Love 24
(edited)
5 hours ago, Nilo said:

Watching Jason now not let Kylen hold her own damn baby, while his parents so obviously defer to him on all things, is so completely terrifying to me.

Just the look in his mother's eyes speaks volumes. she looks like she's afraid of him and so does his dad.

they barely touch him when they hug him 

Edited by xls
added coment
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, HulaTallula said:

Jesus Effing Christ, shut up about the epidural that went in someone else's spine.

He was enjoying her suffering too much.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Nilo said:

But I can’t with her whining, either, to hold her own baby. I NEVER would have hooked up with a guy like that, even as a dumb teenager. 

He has NOTHING redeeming about him. He is stupid, mean, ignorant, ugly and looks like shit shirtless. And who picks their baby up from the hospital shirtless? I am glad that now that he has his own child he will not drive recklessly when, you know, he put other kids on the road at risk being his own asshole self. 

I wonder if his parents feel like utter failures. If I raised that kid, I would be horrified. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 15

I was a little surprised that Kylen didn't try breastfeeding... then it occurred to me Jason probably put the kibosh on that because then he wouldn't get to dominate the baby's time. It's HIS baby. 

When talking about the freaking epidural for the 100th time it was all about him. It's always all about him. 

On the one hand, I'm excited for the apparent beat down he gets from everyone at the tell-all... but I fear for Kylen afterwards. He doesn't need or want her. All he wants is HIS baby.

• Sad 2
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I was a little surprised that Kylen didn't try breastfeeding... then it occurred to me Jason probably put the kibosh on that because then he wouldn't get to dominate the baby's time. It's HIS baby. 

When talking about the freaking epidural for the 100th time it was all about him. It's always all about him. 

On the one hand, I'm excited for the apparent beat down he gets from everyone at the tell-all... but I fear for Kylen afterwards. He doesn't need or want her. All he wants is HIS baby.

She has set herself up for a lifetime of hurt. Jason sees that baby as an instrument of and to control. He will never willingly cede any of it. Either she will stay (as long as he will have her) and always kowtow to him because of fear or she will leave him and he will make coparenting with him miserable and torturous. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 5/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, winsomeone said:

The girls don't even live in the same state. Who cares if they have the same nurseries, I doubt they will ever see any other than their own?

They'll see them on Instagram, the only place that really matters.

I noticed that Tyra's mother was doing a TH about how her sister had said she never wanted to see her again or something like that, and the mother told the camera, "Your wish is my demand."  I would expect a Kentuckian to be able to organize a feud a little better than that.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

He is going to be a father who encourages Xavier to disrespect Kylen. She'll try to make rules and have preferences for how her son's raised and Jason will laugh and tell Xavier to do the opposite or that he doesn't have to listen to her. He'll also encourage Xavier not to listen to teachers and any other authority figure. Nothing will ever be Xavier's fault. He'll ruin his son the same way his parents ruined him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

She has set herself up for a lifetime of hurt. Jason sees that baby as an instrument of and to control. He will never willingly cede any of it. Either she will stay (as long as he will have her) and always kowtow to him because of fear or she will leave him and he will make coparenting with him miserable and torturous. 

I can only HOPE he'll break SEVERAL obscure laws on camera that will put him in jail/prison long enough that his "roommates" teach him a NEW LESSON every friggin' day.  I'll be 82 on June 11.  Does my language seem inappropriate for some Little Ol' Lady in Arizona?

P.S.  After conferring with attorneys, TLC must whisk Kaylen, her parents, and Xavier to an "undisclosed FAR location" for the rest of 2022--with plenty-o-$$$ so they heal, adjust, and raise THEIR baby in a healthy atmosphere.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

He'll ruin his son the same way his parents ruined him.

OHHHH....Readheaded!  I wish we could find someone who knows Sideshow Bob's parents.  We NEED TO KNOW his evolution.image.thumb.png.3d2b73fb0d0c77c6686aad69816b86d8.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/19/2022 at 8:29 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Is she 18 now?  Is that the reason that local "authorities" who watch the show can't intervene? Or is it because this stuff is TRULY FAKE??  We're all worried about her (sometimes) and the baby (all the time) ... for naught?  (It was fun typing that fancy word).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

OHHHH....Readheaded!  I wish we could find someone who knows Sideshow Bob's parents.  We NEED TO KNOW his evolution.image.thumb.png.3d2b73fb0d0c77c6686aad69816b86d8.png

Earlier in this thread I speculated that Jason had big feelings when he was little and his parents gave in because it was easier to appease him than to deal with his tantrums. As he and his feelings got even bigger, they got to be afraid of his wrath. And, here we are. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Is she 18 now?  Is that the reason that local "authorities" who watch the show can't intervene? Or is it because this stuff is TRULY FAKE??  We're all worried about her (sometimes) and the baby (all the time) ... for naught?  (It was fun typing that fancy word).

Although what we are witnessing is some sick, psychopathic, controlling behavior on Jason’s part, he hasn’t really done anything that a local “authority” can intervene over. Kylen is a willing participant. Unless and until he smacks her or the baby around or shows some other reason why CPS should get involved, he skates. We ALL know how this ends. Even those idiot teen parents at the Tell All seem to know what will happen but everyone’s hands are tied. We’ve seen this movie before.

Jason’s parents are just happy that Jason hasn’t killed them in their sleep YET. They are complicit in his behavior even though they shrug their shoulders and claim that there is nothing they can do. If they demand that Jason and Kylen move out, they won’t be able to protect Kylen or Xavier from the inevitable. At some point, Kylen may seek a restraining order, but we all know that that will only cause Jason to become enraged and take it out on them. It’s a fucked up mess. Very sad.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:
7 hours ago, readheaded said:

He'll ruin his son the same way his parents ruined him.

100%

10,000%  Surely, that kid is worse than his father ever was.

• Love 1

Was it his father who asked for his "card" (govt aid/welfare/WIC?) to buy baby formula?  I wonder how those qualification interviews go.  Does Jason behave?  Or do employees in that office give in out of terror?  ORRRRR...does Kalen handle all of that?

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Was it his father who asked for his "card" (govt aid/welfare/WIC?) to buy baby formula?  I wonder how those qualification interviews go.  Does Jason behave?  Or do employees in that office give in out of terror?  ORRRRR...does Kalen handle all of that?

In this day and age, and especially when this was filmed (Covid restrictions and all), chances are that you simply apply online and never have to talk to anyone. Submit a birth certificate or the hospital scans one over to the government agency and that’s it.

• Useful 2

I used to be a case worker for the food stamp program. I live down South, so I can’t speak for New Hampshire, but in general if you show your ass in those offices, you can get arrested. We had armed sheriff deputies on site.  You could also be sanctioned from participating for years. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

P.S.  After conferring with attorneys, TLC must whisk Kaylen, her parents, and Xavier to an "undisclosed FAR location" for the rest of 2022--with plenty-o-$$$ so they heal, adjust, and raise THEIR baby in a healthy atmosphere.

She would be out the door and headed back to Jason the minute their backs were turned...although I agree with your wholeheartedly.  

• Love 5

Lily's mom to Lawrences's mom: "Are you excited to be a mother of the groom?"

Lawrence: "Who's the groom?"   🤪

You can't make this stuff up. Those two are made for each other.

• LOL 9