Type keyword(s) to search

Unexpected: All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

I really hope the tell all is the last we see of Jason and Kylen. This is not what I want in my weekend reality tv viewing. It's not fun to watch anymore.

Also, even though I am well aware that if nothing else Jason is controlling and emotionally abusive, which makes Kylen the victim. I kind of can't stand her either. I know she's can't criticize Jason, because she may fear the consequences. But I don't need to hear her defense of Jason's actions. I have eyes and a working brain. Having the other girls speak to her was useless, because it just set up the Us against the World dynamic that will only help keep those two together. Just let them go TLC.

Glad Jenna has moved on from Aden. It was clear it was not going to work out. This show must be paying better than I thought it was if she is paying for her own place and new boobs.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating how are the T's Mothers only in the 37-41 age range? Those T girl's better enjoy their youthful looks while they last, because it won't last long.

It looks like Emersyn's Mother is going to stick her foot further into her mouth next week. I guess in addition to closing the door on her daughter ever coming home, she wants to close the door on being at family functions. If she becomes the grandma who can't be cordial about the other grandma she is putting herself in an awkward position as far as being invited to birthdays, recitals, t-ball games and what have you. Since no one will be able to stand her.

• Love 11

I actually was impressed that ALL of those girls (even the ones we write off as dumb shits*) saw Jason for what he is and they all recognized how everyone tip-toes around him - including both sets of parents.

* As someone who watches too much reality TV, the fact that Tiara and Taylor recognized and admitted how utterly STUPID the boho nursery fight was shows they are more emotionally mature than many housewives, who will double-down on pettiness and nurse a grudge for years. 

I have zero respect for Kylen. The way SHE treats her parents is shameful. If my daughter got on national TV and said “eh, no big deal my mom wasn’t there” would be so hurtful. I understand choosing the baby’s dad if you only get one other person but you can still regret your mom wasn’t there. Her father is dying and she cannot bother to bring her and his grandson to him? What kind of 18/19 year olds who are PARENTS aren’t licensed? Should have been one of the first things she took care of when she realized she was pregnant. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 10
On 6/2/2022 at 7:56 PM, b2H said:

Maybe a little too soon, but allergies could be a factor, or they’re over feeding the baby.  Jason, too.

My son had reflux and a milk protein sensitivity and required a less-common formula 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I actually was impressed that ALL of those girls (even the ones we write off as dumb shits*) saw Jason for what he is and they all recognized how everyone tip-toes around him - including both sets of parents.

* As someone who watches too much reality TV, the fact that Tiara and Taylor recognized and admitted how utterly STUPID the boho nursery fight was shows they are more emotionally mature than many housewives, who will double-down on pettiness and nurse a grudge for years. 

I have zero respect for Kylen. The way SHE treats her parents is shameful. If my daughter got on national TV and said “eh, no big deal my mom wasn’t there” would be so hurtful. I understand choosing the baby’s dad if you only get one other person but you can still regret your mom wasn’t there. Her father is dying and she cannot bother to bring her and his grandson to him? What kind of 18/19 year olds who are PARENTS aren’t licensed? Should have been one of the first things she took care of when she realized she was pregnant. 

Jason’s had a license (he drove Kylen to and from the hospital), but it’s been suspended. I suspect, though, that he’d drive anyway to those places he wants to go to.

https://starcasm.net/unexpected-jason-korpi-arrest-details-exclusive/

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Me, too. Which one called him ugly? Kudos to her! 

And one of them referred to K&J as "Kylen and that goblin."  Goblin.

8 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Yes.  The Kentucky hillbillies definitely owned the New Hampshire hillbillies.  

17 hours ago, Boston said:

(Oh and Kylen is SOOO brainwashed - which we (all educated people) know.

She's even starting to look like a Manson girl.

8 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

What kind of 18/19 year olds who are PARENTS aren’t licensed? Should have been one of the first things she took care of when she realized she was pregnant. 

As noted, Jason has a license, no doubt usually suspended.  Lots of kids these days don't get licenses the nanosecond they're eligible, and I try to remember not to be surprised.  But in Kylen's case, I wonder if Jason's had a hand in that "decision," to keep her from being able to stray.

On 5/31/2022 at 10:43 AM, RoxiP said:

Lawrence almost makes Lily look smart...notice I said "ALMOST". 

Lawrence really does seem to be of very low intelligence, and I was dismayed at how Lily's mom thought he was such a catch.  However, in comparison to the other boys on this show, dumb old Lawrence is looking attractively benign.

Also, I forgot to give a shout-out to the chef/wedding organizer at the venue Lily and Lawrence went to--he pronounced "dais" correctly, which you almost never hear.

And I noticed that one of the producers pronounced "Tiarra" like it should be pronounced, not the "tee-air-uh" they use.  So he doesn't watch the show--I wonder what he thought after work that day.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I really hope the tell all is the last we see of Jason and Kylen. This is not what I want in my weekend reality tv viewing. It's not fun to watch anymore.

Also, even though I am well aware that if nothing else Jason is controlling and emotionally abusive, which makes Kylen the victim. I kind of can't stand her either. I know she's can't criticize Jason, because she may fear the consequences. But I don't need to hear her defense of Jason's actions. I have eyes and a working brain. Having the other girls speak to her was useless, because it just set up the Us against the World dynamic that will only help keep those two together. Just let them go TLC.

Glad Jenna has moved on from Aden. It was clear it was not going to work out. This show must be paying better than I thought it was if she is paying for her own place and new boobs.

It's been said before, but it bears repeating how are the T's Mothers only in the 37-41 age range? Those T girl's better enjoy their youthful looks while they last, because it won't last long.

It looks like Emersyn's Mother is going to stick her foot further into her mouth next week. I guess in addition to closing the door on her daughter ever coming home, she wants to close the door on being at family functions. If she becomes the grandma who can't be cordial about the other grandma she is putting herself in an awkward position as far as being invited to birthdays, recitals, t-ball games and what have you. Since no one will be able to stand her.

I want to run and kidnap Kylen and the baby.  That is how affected I am by this shit.  (I won't) and BTW.. fuck all the T's. shitty mothers, shitty daughters.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Yes.  The Kentucky hillbillies definitely owned the New Hampshire hillbillies.  

As noted, Jason has a license, no doubt usually suspended.  Lots of kids these days don't get licenses the nanosecond they're eligible, and I try to remember not to be surprised.  But in Kylen's case, I wonder if Jason's had a hand in that "decision," to keep her from being able to stray.

Lawrence really does seem to be of very low intelligence, and I was dismayed at how Lily's mom thought he was such a catch.  However, in comparison to the other boys on this show, dumb old Lawrence is looking attractively benign.

Also, I forgot to give a shout-out to the chef/wedding organizer at the venue Lily and Lawrence went to--he pronounced "dais" correctly, which you almost never hear.

And I noticed that one of the producers pronounced "Tiarra" like it should be pronounced, not the "tee-erra" they use.  So he doesn't watch the show--I wonder what he thought after work that day.

Lawrence has no brain (but works) and this is the level of a man that Lilly and her mother say "great".  NOPE.  Lilly has no self-esteem.  She seems like she will never get out of this trap.

• Applause 1

Jason is the biggest loser who ever lived and I agree, he should be removed from the show. The other guys were disgusted by him esp Lawrence. I will continue watching when Jason and his fool parents are gone.

I dont see how Aden can be compared to Jason. Aden has a ft job and was supporting his family. Same with Lawrence and Dee, not sure aboutNoah. They're not perfect but 1000× better than Jason the bum. He's a slob.

Lily looked very pretty. Her face looks different,  no ? I think this is due to orthodontia and she may have lost some weight. 

Alex is the father of the Texas girl's baby. 

Jenna should save her surgery $ for her child. It's called parenting. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Loved that and also their excited stampede of snark to the backstage viewing area, representing the way we also felt!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

So has that been confirmed?  Not doubting, just wondering.  I do feel for Tyra.  She talked a big game but now she will have to confront the reality.  And by the way, you don't get a choice - if Alex is that baby's father then he owes that baby the same responsibility (or lack thereof) as he does Layla and you should be ashamed of yourself if you try and deny that child that because it is ABOUT THE CHILD, not the other woman.  She needs to quit wishing for the pie in the sky dream of a relationship with Alex and learn to have enough self-esteem and self-respect to demand better for herself.  

• Fire 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

So has that been confirmed?  Not doubting, just wondering.  I do feel for Tyra.  She talked a big game but now she will have to confront the reality.  And by the way, you don't get a choice - if Alex is that baby's father then he owes that baby the same responsibility (or lack thereof) as he does Layla and you should be ashamed of yourself if you try and deny that child that because it is ABOUT THE CHILD, not the other woman.  She needs to quit wishing for the pie in the sky dream of a relationship with Alex and learn to have enough self-esteem and self-respect to demand better for herself.  

Not confirmed. I am just assuming. 

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

I dont see how Aden can be compared to Jason. Aden has a ft job and was supporting his family. Same with Lawrence and Dee, not sure aboutNoah. They're not perfect but 1000× better than Jason the bum. He's a slob.

I do think both Aden and Jason are both disrespectful. I can see making a comparison between of the two based on their bad attitudes. The difference is that Aden didn't appear to try to control Jenna's entire life, didn't isolate her from her family, he worked a job and paid the bills.

Really, aside from Mason, none of these guys are princes. If I had a daughter I wouldn't want them bringing home Lawrence, Dee and Noah either. Lawrence coming home ignoring his wife and stepchild and just saying hello to his baby was awful. Ditto to his comments about how he didn't think caring for kids is work. Dee, looked like a hostage at the tell all. He wanted to bring a playstation to the hospital and told Tiarra's Mom that it wasn't his job to make sure she was okay at the hospital. Not okay to tell someone's Mother who is worried her child is going to have a c-section that. And Noah, dude, you weren't at the birth of your first child because Taylor was then not your girlfriend. So I presume she was only upgraded to wifey status from sidepiece well after your child was born. Charming.

All of these guys are benefiting from being on the same season as Jason, or we'd be talking about how terrible most of them are.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Mason is no prize, either. Does he not work, either?  And the whining about Ericka’s rules. If you don’t like them, do as you did and move to your house.

Jenna making the same mistakes her parents did with talking smack about Aden on national TV and calling him a bad person. He very well might be. But does every thought need to be voiced in front of the world, and, most importantly, your kid one day? 

I will give Aden and Lawrence credit for working full-time jobs. That is more than most do. Supporting your kid financially should be an automatic thing. 

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

What kind of 18/19 year olds who are PARENTS aren’t licensed?

I’m going to take a guess at this. Jason probably lost his license somewhere along the line (you know that if he was stopped for a broken taillight, he’s the type of asshole who would give the cop a hard time) and Kylen probably doesn’t have a license because Jason forbids it; it would make her more independent, and thus less dependent on him, plus he couldn’t isolate her as much if she had the ability to drive.

@StatisticalOutlier, I should have read ahead. 

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Mason is no prize, either. Does he not work, either?  And the whining about Ericka’s rules. If you don’t like them, do as you did and move to your house.

Jenna making the same mistakes her parents did with talking smack about Aden on national TV and calling him a bad person. He very well might be. But does every thought need to be voiced in front of the world, and, most importantly, your kid one day? 

I will give Aden and Lawrence credit for working full-time jobs. That is more than most do. Supporting your kid financially should be an automatic thing. 

Jenna’s also talked crap about Aden on social media. At the end of the day, she’s acting no better than her parents did, but just on a much larger stage. 

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I think Kylen's attitude towards her parents throughout the season was designed to signal to Jason that he's her number one and it's them against the world, she only needs him, etc. She can't let on at all that she cares about her parents (or anyone) because Jason views devotion/love/whatever as a zero sum game.  

She has none of her own thoughts, views or opinions anymore. She just reacts to situations based on "What would Jason want to hear?" or "What should I say to avoid the wrath of Jason?" So sad for such a young woman to think that is the way to live.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I think Kylen's attitude towards her parents throughout the season was designed to signal to Jason that he's her number one and it's them against the world, she only needs him, etc. She can't let on at all that she cares about her parents (or anyone) because Jason views devotion/love/whatever as a zero sum game.  

She has none of her own thoughts, views or opinions anymore. She just reacts to situations based on "What would Jason want to hear?" or "What should I say to avoid the wrath of Jason?" So sad for such a young woman to think that is the way to live.

I agree...mostly because all of this has been drummed...chanted into her developing brain night after night--day after day while she does her chores--and his, taking care of the baby when she's allowed.  I wish she's keeping a secret journal...something she could look back on years later--something she might be able to use to earn some bucks.  Something that would help in therapy.  This is a tragic case and TLC is responsible; I guess I am too.  How many times has he dumped her?  I've seen it twice on the show.  How many times has his father dumped his mother--in front of Jason?

I worry that someone (or several) will be murdered.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Mind Blown 2
7 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I wonder if anyone other than Tyra actually graduated from high school? Jason doesn't work, so where does he get money for car gas, alcohol and smoking?

Mommy & Daddy.  AND TLC money!

• Like 1

When Jason doesn't have a driver's license, and leaves the house in a car for an evening of fun and drinklng, I certainly hope his parents call the police as soon as he leaves the driveway. Otherwise when he hurts someone are they not partly responsible too? They know he isn't to drive and that he has a history of DUIs.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And TLC gets money because of viewers.  So we're the ones paying Jason, with our eyeballs.

Darn it, I know...but I just can't help myself.

• Applause 1

Just caught part of a repeat that i missed.  The one where Herr Jason says "i'm free ladies".  Let me tell you something, Jason.. (I don't know how old he is.. 19 - 20 ?).  This is THE PARENT'S FAULT.  

I have a cousin (who's husband died of cancer and left her with 2 young teenagers - 1 girl, 1 boy).  The girl has gone on, been with a guy for 7 years and has 2 young children; the sweetest girl ever.  Then the BOY - he barely finished high school (his mother threatened him with either finish or go in the military - but never followed thru).  I stayed at her house for about 5 days during the pandemic - Her son had his girlfriend (not the first one) living there in his room.. smoking weed, backtalking - and this at 27 years old.  He is STILL there.  

I asked my cousin "do ya think you're enabling him?".  Her response - "im an enabler, I can't let him go".  I would have KICKED HIS ASS out long before that.  He has sporadic jobs - his grandmother (my aunt) who lives across the street asked him MULTIPLE times (he wasn't working) to help her with a couple things in her yard, pool.  His response:  "why can't you just hire someone?".  REALLY??? DICKHEAD.  and I know my Aunt, she would have paid HIM.. 

It is the parents fault.  I love my cousin but she has done such a disservice to her son.  Lazy, argumentative with her.  OMG.  If that was my kid.. He wouldn't know what hit him. 

Anyway, just to say.  JASON IS THE SAME WAY (worse, actually).  complete asshole and he won't change.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
On 6/6/2022 at 1:46 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

They look like brother & sister(her & Jason I mean ). Just look at the resemblance around their eyes!

• Mind Blown 1
On 6/6/2022 at 2:56 PM, Chris Knight said:

Jason is the biggest loser who ever lived and I agree, he should be removed from the show. The other guys were disgusted by him esp Lawrence. I will continue watching when Jason and his fool parents are gone.

Lily looked very pretty. Her face looks different,  no ? I think this is due to orthodontia and she may have lost some weight. 

Jenna should save her surgery $ for her child. It's called parenting. 

Yeah.. note to Jenna:  you may have more children.  Save the surgery for when you're in your late 30s, early 40s.  She looks great BTW.  Aden, to me, seemed to have not only a communication problem but his MOUTH DOESN'T WORK.  just saying.

Jason, again, is the most HORRIBLE PERSON I've ever seen.  RUN Kylen.  but she never will.  He has her under his thumb.  

• Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Hat’s off to Mason’s Mom who managed to shade Erika and show us which of the two has class.  
Erika has to be Right every second of the day so she threw Emersyn under the bus by announcing something Emersyn told her in confidence.  The look of betrayal on Emerson’s face was  so sad to see.  Rules don’t apply to Erika when she’s determined to make her point.  She continues to be awful.   Although she’s a terrible mother for making it clear Emersyn can never go home again, she somehow managed to race herself to the bottom by trying to blame Mason’s Dad for whisking Emersyn away when she was 1 1/2 weeks postpartum all the while not recognizing that she herself was the cause of a blow-out fight with Emersyn.  
Run Emersyn Run! And don’t look back! 

Jason has no idea that a Closing Argument requires Words....or an Argument...or Actually not leaving a room when you have the floor.  Not surprised.  

Edited by Eme
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Wow, the gang actually managed to subdue Jason.

His discomfort actually gives me a tiny bit of hope for him. His parents have enabled him, but the world won't. Maybe against all odds he'll mature. And Kylen periodically is showing some backbone. 

But nothing will ever get back her first birth, which he ruined, or the time she's missing with her dad.

Erica is kind of psycho/narcissistic with the "I have to pray every night so that you'll be okay." Not "I pray every night that you'll be okay" - but "so that."  Someone tell her, please, that she's not all-powerful.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

So all of that backstage aggression and declaring he wanted to make a closing statement, and he didn't have an actual statement lined up. He let his family puff him up backstage, but in the end Jason's got nothing worth saying. Sounds about right.

Sometimes I do like Emersyn's Mom. I did appreciate her hugging Kylen. We all know the girl is being isolated from her family. That is probably the only motherly hug she is getting unless or until she works up the courage to leave. I also have no problem with her Mom having a rule in her house, like none.

But she ruins any good will I have towards her when she opens her mouth about Mason and his family. I just can't. How is this woman about my age? She really hasn't learned that not everything you know, or think you know, needs to be said out loud. Her mentioning what her daughter told them in confidence or national television was a new low for her. All to prove her point about Mason's parents. I really hope for Emersyn's sake that Ernie's house is safe. Because if she has a legitimate concern and needs to get out, she won't call her Mom, because her Mom can't be trusted.

I give Mason credit for being capable of issuing an actual apology and being cognizant of the fact that it's good for Mateo to be able to get along with his Grandmother.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

So is that it?  We didn't get to see the people arguing in the car on the way home?  We don't get to see more backstage drama?  All we get to see is Jason not giving a speech, what a complete jerk is dad is, and that is all?  Kind of anti-climatic if you ask me.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

My favorite part was when Jason had nothing to say (for the first time in his life, I'm sure) when given a forum to speak. He then proceeds to get up and leave, again, and complains that all he wanted to do is give his statement -- implying that he wasn't given that opportunity.

It was very strange. I think he loves drama and upsetting the apple cart. He like to take control but isn't happy when it's just given to him. He had an opportunity with no drama to speak and he was speechless because he wasn't arguing with someone. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

When the Kentucky girls can see you for the absolute tool that you are you know you are truly a bottom dweller.  

All things considered Lily and Lawrence came out looking pretty good (at least in my opinion).  They seem to have calmed down considerably and are looking toward the future with reasonable expectations.  Her mom is still enabling her.  Her "stepfather" (is he really her stepfather if they aren't married - but as long as he is willing to take on that role more power to him!) cracked me up about his glee in not doing yard work at their new place.  I feel you - best part of selling my house this past year is not having to get out in 100 degree heat and mow that darned grass!

• Love 4

Jason was itching for another fight and was desperately hoping he could grandstand and prove how smart he is. When he was confronted by silence he had no idea what to say. I hope some tiny part of his brain realized he looked like a complete idiot but that he didn’t take it out on Kylen.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

So all of that backstage aggression and declaring he wanted to make a closing statement, and he didn't have an actual statement lined up. He let his family puff him up backstage, but in the end Jason's got nothing worth saying.

Jason: Let me think, let me think...

Me: That'd be a first.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Jason: Let me think, let me think...

Me: That'd be a first.

And then he did that weird thing with his fingers like he was typing or something…like it was a way to help him gather his thoughts. But nope, he came up empty. He looked like a real fool.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Cancun said:

But nope, he came up empty. He looked like a real fool.

He's like every bully ever. He loves to bluster and whine when people are "attacking" him, but when he's offered the chance to talk without interruption...he sits there like a lump.

• Fire 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Shelbie said:

Jason was itching for another fight and was desperately hoping he could grandstand and prove how smart he is. When he was confronted by silence he had no idea what to say. I hope some tiny part of his brain realized he looked like a complete idiot but that he didn’t take it out on Kylen.

I thought Ananda handled him well. (It was obvious she was annoyed, too. She did not kiss his ass.) Give him some rope. Dr. Drew and Nessa could learn something from her. Dr. Drew always leads them. Let the morons come up with their thoughts on the fly. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Was Loser Jason opening gum and throwing the wrapper on the ground  ? Before his belch. I cant stand that punk. The big bully with nothing to say. Too dumb to form a "closing statement ".

Lilly and Lawrence did look a lot better tonight. Honestly I cant throw stones about their sleeping arrangements. When the 4 Knights were really little, we slept all over the house. They are all older and in their own rooms now lol. 

I'm still on Emerson's parents' side. I don't think it's judgemental in a bad way to be concerned about a drug user in the home with their daughter and grandson. Even if Mason's mom is a lovely person  - not saying she is but let's give her the benefit of the doubt  - she was a drug user in the recent past. And the drugs came from somewhere,  a dealer of some sort. Dealers are not lovely people. This seems very dangerous to me, to allow a naive new mother with her newborn to live in that house. 

Edited by Chris Knight
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

What I want to know is what Emersyn's mother was referring to when she said Mason's mother went back to jail the week before, or whatever.  Mason's mother didn't deny it; she just said something about facts, and accused Emersyn's mother of continuing to be judgmental.  And Emersyn's mother replied that it's public record.

Did I just miss it?  Or is this more of what drives me insane about the tell-alls--the one time we should be able to get an answer, and we don't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2