Type keyword(s) to search

Unexpected: All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

Would TLC have the nerve to bring back Jason and Kylen for another season? Because Jason certainly thinks that he’s the main attraction (and thanks, Dad, because now we know for sure why your son turned out to be such a psychopath, as in apple—->falling——>tree). I’m not sure I’d want to watch Kylen continuing to be controlled, bullied and gaslighted, while her father dies a long, slow, sad death.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Was Loser Jason opening gum and throwing the wrapper on the ground  ? Before his belch. I cant stand that punk. The big bully with nothing to say. Too dumb to form a "closing statement ".

Lilly and Lawrence did look a lot better tonight. Honestly I cant throw stones about their sleeping arrangements. When the 4 Knights were really little, we slept all over the house. They are all older and in their own rooms now lol. 

I'm still on Emerson's parents' side. I don't think it's judgemental in a bad way to be concerned about a drug user in the home with their daughter and grandson. Even if Mason's mom is a lovely person  - not saying she is but let's give her the benefit of the doubt  - she was a drug user in the recent past. And the drugs came from somewhere,  a dealer of some sort. Dealers are not lovely people. This seems very dangerous to me, to allow a naive new mother with her newborn to live in that house. 

I can see your point on potential issues with Mason's mom, but Mason's dad seems to have kept his children safe throughout their lives so I suspect he doesn't allow his wife too much freedom around their children...or at least I hope not.  Perhaps Emersyn will learn a lesson from seeing the issues in that home that will teach her a lesson for years to come because she looked like she was heading down that long, rebellious road that usually doesn't lead to a good place prior to her getting pregnant (if I remember early episodes).  Between the two sets of parents hopefully she will learn what not to do to raise your children. in a toxic environment.

Yes, I would like to know what Mason's mother did to violate her parole also because I'm kind of nosy that way.  

As far as Jason and Kylen...my only hope is that the local branch of child protective services has been put on alert and stays so far up their butts that Xavier will not be allowed so much as a bruise.  

Say negative what you want about the Kentucky girls but their children appear to be happy and thriving and well cared for.  Dee and Tiarra do not live nearby so their children may actually grow up in an environment where they might accidentally learn that you don't necessarily have to get pregnant before you are old enough to legally drive.  And family is more important than how you decorate your nursery.

I wish Jenna nothing but the best but that girl needs therapy for a long time before she gets into another relationship or else she will just be falling the same pattern over and over again.  She has a lot going for her so she has potential to break the cycle of her parents' toxic relationship but she will need professional help.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 6/13/2022 at 3:05 PM, Chris Knight said:

Was Loser Jason opening gum and throwing the wrapper on the ground  ? Before his belch. I cant stand that punk. The big bully with nothing to say. Too dumb to form a "closing statement ".

The "closing statement" the loser/bully demanded...and had everyone set up and waiting around for. Then he couldn't put a sentence together.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Why does Erica have her underwear in a knot about Emerson riding in a car 'one and a half weeks postpartum'?  She makes it sound like Mason's dad threw a pillowcase over Emerson' head, hog-tied her, and threw he in the back of a van.  She literally just rode in a car.  Ridiculous.  

Is there a part 3?  Because I swear I saw a teaser that the Kentucky cousins bf got someone else pregnant.   Not Alex, Noah maybe?  Did I mis-hear that?

• Love 1
On 6/12/2022 at 11:04 PM, Eme said:

Jason has no idea that a Closing Argument requires Words....or an Argument...or Actually not leaving a room when you have the floor.  Not surprised.  

It occurred to me that he knows the term "closing statement," but doesn't actually know what it means.  Because really, what could a closing statement in this situation consist of?

On 6/14/2022 at 9:11 AM, RoxiP said:

Yes, I would like to know what Mason's mother did to violate her parole also because I'm kind of nosy that way. 

Me too, but it's not just being nosy.  Emersyn's mom said Mason's mom went back to jail, and said it was public record. 

I don't know what constitutes parole violations, but assuming she did go back to jail, I think it would be important to know whether it was for failing to submit some paperwork or for failing a drug test or cutting off an ankle monitor. 

Remember when Emersyn's mom said Mason's mom couldn't leave the county, and Mason's mom quickly and smugly corrected her?  Where was that reaction when Emersyn's mom said Mason's mom had gone back to jail?  She didn't respond, "It was an administrative thing--I mailed my Form 4026-B on time but delivery was delayed.  It's all been fixed now."  Nope.  She didn't address the facts at all, and instead accused Emersyn's mom of being judgmental.  Who cares if she's judgmental?  What are the facts?

8 hours ago, eskimo said:

Is there a part 3?  Because I swear I saw a teaser that the Kentucky cousins bf got someone else pregnant.   Not Alex, Noah maybe?  Did I mis-hear that?

Thank you!  I saw that teaser, and I'm pretty sure it was Noah.  Yet the episode ended  without any mention of it.  And it was a big part of why I watched the episode at all.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/13/2022 at 6:05 PM, Chris Knight said:

I don't think it's judgemental in a bad way to be concerned about a drug user in the home with their daughter and grandson. Even if Mason's mom is a lovely person  - not saying she is but let's give her the benefit of the doubt  - she was a drug user in the recent past. And the drugs came from somewhere,  a dealer of some sort. Dealers are not lovely people. This seems very dangerous to me, to allow a naive new mother with her newborn to live in that house. 

That's a really good point.

We just don't know any of the particulars. It could be anything from she was smoking marijuana in a state where it's still not legal to doctor-shopping for pain killers she'd needed to doing coke to cooking meth. (I somehow don't see the last one, though. 😀)

I just can't stand Emerson's mom. I find her smug and passive-aggressive. I think her hugging Kylen on camera was to make her look good.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Remember when Emersyn's mom said Mason's mom couldn't leave the county, and Mason's mom quickly and smugly corrected her?  Where was that reaction when Emersyn's mom said Mason's mom had gone back to jail?  She didn't respond, "It was an administrative thing--I mailed my Form 4026-B on time but delivery was delayed.  It's all been fixed now."  Nope.  She didn't address the facts at all, and instead accused Emersyn's mom of being judgmental.  Who cares if she's judgmental?  What are the facts?

Why did Emersyn's mom bring it up in the first place, though? She pretty craftily said in her passive-aggressive fashion that Mason's mom couldn't come to their house because it would violate parole. And she always addresses Sandy (is that right? Mason's mom?) very haughtily. The kids are the focus of the show, not Mason's mom. And if Mason's mom were a danger to kids (I think they have a younger daughter at home, too), the state wouldn't let her around them.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Remember when Emersyn's mom said Mason's mom couldn't leave the county, and Mason's mom quickly and smugly corrected her?  Where was that reaction when Emersyn's mom said Mason's mom had gone back to jail?  She didn't respond, "It was an administrative thing--I mailed my Form 4026-B on time but delivery was delayed.  It's all been fixed now."  Nope.  She didn't address the facts at all, and instead accused Emersyn's mom of being judgmental.

An addict and former inmate that lies? I’m shocked, SHOCKED.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
(edited)
On 6/15/2022 at 10:59 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

It occurred to me that he knows the term "closing statement," but doesn't actually know what it means.  Because really, what could a closing statement in this situation consist of?

Me too, but it's not just being nosy.  Emersyn's mom said Mason's mom went back to jail, and said it was public record. 

I don't know what constitutes parole violations, but assuming she did go back to jail, I think it would be important to know whether it was for failing to submit some paperwork or for failing a drug test or cutting off an ankle monitor. 

Thank you!  I saw that teaser, and I'm pretty sure it was Noah.  Yet the episode ended  without any mention of it.  And it was a big part of why I watched the episode at all.

Jason's interpretation of "closing statement" was wanting the last word, because he always has to have the last word. When given the chance to talk, he had no clue what to say, because he wasn't arguing with anyone right at that moment. Then, he had his last word when he told the crew he was pissed because he supposedly didn't have the opportunity to have the last word. He's a piece of work. 

His dad appears to be the same, and now he doesn't know how to handle his own kid because the kid turned out just like him. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

An addict and former inmate that lies? I’m shocked, SHOCKED.

The thing is, she didn't even try to lie.  She just mumbled something about "facts" and changed the issue right back on Emersyn's mom being judgmental.  Whether she's judgmental or not--did Mason's mom have to go back to jail or not?  If not, say so, and Mason's mom has nothing to be judgmental about.  And if she did go back to jail, why?  Maybe Mason's mom does have something to be judgmental about. 

18 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

Jason's interpretation of "closing statement" was wanting the last word,

Aah, that makes a lot of sense.  For someone who knows everything, he sure is an idiot.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1