Type keyword(s) to search

Unexpected: All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Back Atcha said:

Why continue to punish Lilly's mother?  Hasn't she done enough?  Hasn't her husband done enough?   Let Lawrence be the king in his own little castle and give Lilly's mom a break.

To me, she has done too much. I was looking at the situation through the eyes of Lilly's mother and she's willing to do it so much so, that she spent an overnight trying to convince Lilly not to move out, so mom's not a victim here that's being put upon. Within the framework of that family, mom is fully willing to do most of the work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The parents are afraid that he’ll take it out on Kylen.

Maybe it would be good though for Jason to realize people see what he's doing, that he's not putting anything over on anyone, that there will be consequences if he doesn't cut it out. Maybe all not saying anything does is prolong it.  I don't know anywhere near enough about his parents to know if they ever gave him consequences for anything.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, RoxiP said:

I'm sure Kylen is drawn to the shiny things, but she's very young, doesn't appear to be too intelligent, and she is pregnant.  Jason's parents seem to have caved to him all of his life and despite their talking tough they have done nothing to stop this really ugly train.  I guess they think if Jason is distracted by a baby or a girlfriend (and does anybody think he's going to want to wait 6 weeks after birth to have sex again?) they won't have to deal with him.  They have created a monster.  

I don't think she's not intelligent - she probably is, she's just very young and so somewhat unformed and at the age where the importance of having  a boyfriend overrides everything else. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, configdotsys said:
15 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Why continue to punish Lilly's mother?  Hasn't she done enough?  Hasn't her husband done enough?   Let Lawrence be the king in his own little castle and give Lilly's mom a break.

To me, she has done too much. I was looking at the situation through the eyes of Lilly's mother and she's willing to do it so much so, that she spent an overnight trying to convince Lilly not to move out, so mom's not a victim here that's being put upon. Within the framework of that family, mom is fully willing to do most of the work. 

I hope her "willingness" changes after she's had a break.   Anyway, I'm not willing to continue punishing her.  It probably won't be long before "single again" Lilly and her two children move back in with mom.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, renatae said:
On 4/15/2022 at 8:37 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Referring back to Tiarra's "I can't find my social security card so I have to have my sister fly here and then we fly together to Kentucky for my checkups" drama, I was just poking around my account on the social security website, and there was a link for "Request a Replacement Social Security Card."  I clicked on it, and the first thing it says, in big letters, is:  "Do You Really Need a Card?"  And under that, three bullet points:

- You will rarely need to show your Social Security card.

- Knowing your Social Security number is what is important.

- Many organizations can verify your Social Security number directly with us.

Expand  

Besides which, you can apply online at that very site.

Why aren't Tiarra, their child, and the expected child covered by her husband's military health insurance?  No one should need a Social Security card.  Why isn't a doctor stationed where  a military facility provides housing for dependents?

• Love 3

Tiarra and Taylor both need to grown up. They are both lucky they are both getting second baby showers. They should both already have cribs and nursery gear from their first babies. Who they hell cares if their cousin will have the same nursery set.

I'm a little surprised Kylen and Jason are still being filmed. It's so clear what Jason is doing and Kylen is still a minor. God forbid something bad happens to Kylen or the baby TLC will be in for a lawsuit.

4 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Why aren't Tiarra, their child, and the expected child covered by her husband's military health insurance?  No one should need a Social Security card.  Why isn't a doctor stationed where  a military facility provides housing for dependents?

Are they married? I thought they were not, and thus why Tiarra required her own insurance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:
42 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Are they married? I thought they were not, and thus why Tiarra required her own insurance.

THANKS!  I don't watch closely or regularly enough to know.  ANYONE?

And...is the current child covered?   What happens when/where a new one pops out? 

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2022 at 11:51 PM, JeanJean said:

Aidan is so abusive to Jenna; I think she picked someone like her dad. (Don't get me wrong, her mom is a piece of work, too. Jenna's the only real adult in the family.) Does he seem mostly stoned to anyone else?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I'm a little surprised Kylen and Jason are still being filmed. It's so clear what Jason is doing and Kylen is still a minor. God forbid something bad happens to Kylen or the baby TLC will be in for a lawsuit.

EXACTLY!!    TLC would counter that we're watching something that isn't "real" because of heavy editing.   Child Protective Services (or whatever it's called in their locale) should be ON IT right now!  Protecting Kylen!!!

• Love 8

Tiarra claimed in an earlier episode that her lack of a physical social security card was why she could not sign up for health insurance in her current state. I was assuming that she was claiming she needed that for Dee's military insurance.  But Dee's interpretation that Tiarra was flying home because she wanted to makes a whole lot more sense, since a routine prenatal visit at a  planned parenthood would cost a lot less than 3 round trip plane tickets.  Irregardless, she found the card on air a few episodes ago, so hopefully they can put that  issue behind them and focus all of their attention on the all important issue of which teenage mother came up with the original design for their second nursery.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Regardless of whether Tiarra and Dee are married shouldn't his children be covered (at least after birth) because they are his children?

I looked at the Tricare website and military members' children (or step-children if they are married to the child's parent) are eligible for military health insurance through their military member parent(s).

I remember Tiarra referring to Dee in a way that made it clear they aren't married.  So she wouldn't be eligible for Tricare, but Dee's children are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

so hopefully they can put that  issue behind them and focus all of their attention on the all important issue of which teenage mother came up with the original design for their second nursery.

And explain to viewers, AKA young/unmarried/undereducated moms-to-be (and their parents/ friends/relatives) how they JUSTIFY buying those expsensive decorator items.  ALSO...neither teenage mother came up with anything...anything but COPYING Pinterest and/or Etsy.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I'm a little surprised Kylen and Jason are still being filmed. It's so clear what Jason is doing and Kylen is still a minor.

Eventually Jason will end up in jail or prison.  Let's see what a BIG MAN with a BIG MOUTH he is then.   TLC...if YOU won't do something--at least let us watch his incarceration(s).

• Love 15
On 4/10/2022 at 10:51 PM, JeanJean said:

Aidan is so abusive to Jenna; I think she picked someone like her dad. (Don't get me wrong, her mom is a piece of work, too. Jenna's the old real adult in the family.) Does he seem mostly stoned to anyone else?

I don’t see abuse, he seems apathetic, depressed maybe.  Or just not into playing for the cameras.  And like you said, stoned.

Now Jason, he is mentally abusive.

9 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Tiarra claimed in an earlier episode that her lack of a physical social security card was why she could not sign up for health insurance in her current state. I was assuming that she was claiming she needed that for Dee's military insurance.  But Dee's interpretation that Tiarra was flying home because she wanted to makes a whole lot more sense, since a routine prenatal visit at a  planned parenthood would cost a lot less than 3 round trip plane tickets.  

And she wanted camera time and has literally nothing else going on.

• Love 5

I feel terrible that Kylen’s father is dying, but I get a sore throat just listening to him talk. 

Was anyone else cringing when little Luca was walking barefoot on a wooden boardwalk? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6

Let me get this straight - Jason claims to be an adult with plans to get his own apt with his gf. But he has no job, education or skills. And they are expecting literally the most important and expensive thing in the world, a baby ? Right ?

Kylen's parents really should take their minor daughter home immediately. Involve the police if needed. 

I can't believe I lost 3 minutes of my life watching that pinterest nursery nonsense. Babies that close together do not deserve a nursery with 175+ items requested  ! How ridiculous. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Kylen's parents really should take their minor daughter home immediately. Involve the police if needed.

Kylen's parents really should take their minor daughter home immediately. Involve the police if needed IMMEDIATELY after making videotapes of the show.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don’t see abuse, he seems apathetic, depressed maybe.  Or just not into playing for the cameras.  And like you said, stoned.

Depressed Affect (from the net)  In psychology, affect describes emotions that are expressed and therefore observable by others.

• For example, flat effect is a psychiatric symptom in which individuals have no displayed emotions whatsoever. Depressed affect is a mental and physical state that frequently occurs among persons who feel trapped in their emotional or physical condition.
  • Examples include prisoners, abuse victims, or isolated individuals (such as a submarine crew) - it is believed the lack of stimulation is linked to depressed affect. This causes the person to shift into a mental and physical state of neutrality that can extend to extreme apathy and disregard for normal tasks such as eating/caring for oneself, etc. In its most extreme form it can actually lead to the death of the victim.

Now Jason, he is mentally abusive.

He is ABUSIVE to every human who loves, supports, or NEEDS him--probably anyone in line before him at stores and gas stations.  I expect the PHYSICAL abuse to start with Kylen (if it hasn't already) as soon as the baby is born.  The baby might be one of those sad stories on the news...the last story about that baby.

I wish the cameras would follow him a few times when he's with his so-called friends.  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

He speaks to her somewhat abusively or at least unkindly, I think. He's nowhere near to Jason's level, though. It very much resembles how Jenna's dad speaks to and about her mom. 

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I feel terrible that Kylen’s father is dying, but I get a sore throat just listening to him talk. 

He was smoking in the car and he'll be smoking when he has to start carrying an oxygen tank around.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

He speaks to her somewhat abusively or at least unkindly, I think. He's nowhere near to Jason's level, though. It very much resembles how Jenna's dad speaks to and about her mom. 

Verbal abuse can be very debilitating to self-esteem, and so can apathy.  Which I know y'all know that so I'm not imparting anything new here.  The sad thing is she's used to it after living with her parents.

I really try hard not to criticize other women's appearance, but does Jenna's stepmom remind anyone else of one of those dogs that sits in the rear window of a car and its head bobs up and down?  I've always thought it was weird the way she just sits quietly and nods next to Jenna's dad, but now with that rather unflattering haircut it reminds me of one of those nodding car window dogs even more than she used to.  Or it could just be me.

Edited by RoxiP
afterthought
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

He was smoking in the car and he'll be smoking when he has to start carrying an oxygen tank around.

He'll never reach that state. I had an aunt who was told by her doctor that she had "inoperable lung cancer." Her first question was, "Do I have to give up smoking?" 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

He'll never reach that state. I had an aunt who was told by her doctor that she had "inoperable lung cancer." Her first question was, "Do I have to give up smoking?" 

Kind of makes you think he might as well tell her to go ahead and smoke since she was obviously not going to quit in the first place.

My mom smoked up until she was diagnosed with COPD and emphysema and then she quit, but she never did get over wanting to smoke.  When she died she had a pack of (unopened) L&Ms still stashed in her bathroom cabinet.

7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I worked for a Chevrolet dealer who was so upset about his father's lung cancer.  He came back from visiting him in the hospital and said he's NEVER visiting again.*  His father dragged his oxygen stuff into the hospital room's bathroom and SMOKED!

*Of course, he did visit him again and often--and took good care of him.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Verbal abuse can be very debilitating to self-esteem, and so can apathy.  Which I know y'all know that so I'm not imparting anything new here.  The sad thing is she's used to it after living with her parents.

I really try hard not to criticize other women's appearance, but does Jenna's stepmom remind anyone else of one of those dogs that sits in the rear window of a car and its head bobs up and down?  I've always thought it was weird the way she just sits quietly and nods next to Jenna's dad, but now with that rather unflattering haircut it reminds me of one of those nodding car window dogs even more than she used to.  Or it could just be me.

I have watched and commented on step momma!  It's very strange how she remains silent!

I do remember ' tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt'!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I don't know about the legal options for Kylen's parents.  I just know SOMEBODY needs to jump up Jason's ASS and kick it a few times!  At LEAST until that squirrelly headband/bandana falls off!

I'd kick his ass myself if I knew where to find the little fuckwad!  And I'm 67 years old, 5 feet tall and weigh 85 pounds.  Lemme at em!

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

Kylen's parents really should take their minor daughter home immediately. Involve the police if needed IMMEDIATELY after making videotapes of the show.

It might not be that easy. Isn't she 17 years old? The police may not choose to step in unless there is definitive proof of physical abuse. Unfortunately, Jason has found the perfect passive victim in Kylen. It says a lot that even Jason's own parents hate him. The only hope is that Jason will run off or kick Kylen and the baby out when he realizes how much is actually involved in caring for a baby. Or if his parents grow a spine and kick him out.

Tiarra claimed in an earlier episode that her lack of a physical social security card was why she could not sign up for health insurance in her current state. I was assuming that she was claiming she needed that for Dee's military insurance.  But Dee's interpretation that Tiarra was flying home because she wanted to makes a whole lot more sense, since a routine prenatal visit at a  planned parenthood would cost a lot less than 3 round trip plane tickets.  

I assumed she needed the social security card to get Medicaid in the new state, but I'm cynical like that. The kids are covered under Dee's insurance. If they're already on their second kid and as together as they claim, they should get married so she can be covered by his insurance. 

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Kellyee said:

If they're already on their second kid and as together as they claim, they should get married so she can be covered by his insurance. 

...and all the other benefits available to a military spouse ... and to those of a "survivor."  She probably can't shop at the PX without him.  After the recruiters SELL these kids so hard on life in the military, there should be some follow-through to make sure they're taking advantage of that military service has to offer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Jason's being a prince again, isn't he?  That kid....  I would pop his little head off if I had half a chance!

They have a birth plan??? Again, Jason's got an opinion on everything and he REALLY needs a good swift kick in the nuts - immediately; if not sooner!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 4/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, RoxiP said:

I really try hard not to criticize other women's appearance, but does Jenna's stepmom remind anyone else of one of those dogs that sits in the rear window of a car and its head bobs up and down? 

She looks like Pam from Archer.

I can’t stand palm tree headed boy.  I hope people give him hell when they see him in person.  His parents aren’t prizes either.  They see Kylen is in pain and just say, they feel bad for her and yell at dingus from the porch.  I would’ve driven her to the hospital while he was taking his sweet time making that shake or whatever he had.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, For Cereals said:

She looks like Pam from Archer.

I can’t stand palm tree headed boy.  I hope people give him hell when they see him in person.  His parents aren’t prizes either.  They see Kylen is in pain and just say, they feel bad for her and yell at dingus from the porch.  I would’ve driven her to the hospital while he was taking his sweet time making that shake or whatever he had.

I actually thought it was kind of cute when Jason said that Kylen had carried the baby for 9 months and now it's his turn for 9 months. HOWEVER, then they showed the preview and it looks like he's a douche again about the ambulance.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

They have a birth plan??? Again, Jason's got an opinion on everything and he REALLY needs a good swift kick in the nuts - immediately; if not sooner!

Wouldn't it be GREAT to hear from the teachers in his past?  From kindergarten to ...5th? 6th?  Whenever he realized he KNEW IT ALL and quit.  He didn't need to waste his time every day "educating" THEM.

I want to hear what he was like as a student...and what those parent-teacher conferences were like.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It might not be that easy. Isn't she 17 years old? The police may not choose to step in unless there is definitive proof of physical abuse.

Good point, but I assume any interview he has with the police will end up with him on the short end of any conversation.  He respects no authority.   Wonder if his roommates at some Greybar Hotel will straighten him out--or give him some concussions and broken capillaries.

• Love 4

I cant stand jason either, but it got worse the other day. A friend sent me.a youtube video of someone named JiDion (i did not know who this was) he went to visit kylen and jason.he went therebecause he liked Jason saying he was a.professional rawdogger. They are still togetherand Xavier is 7 month old.  Jason admitted they were struggling financially even though he still appeared to br living with his folks.  The guy ttook them to target and told them to put anything they wanted into.several carts..baby clothes, diapers , wipes toys..etc..  he then gave them 10 thousand dollars to start a.college fund for the child...i hope he sets that up so that.piecenof shit cant get.a.hold of it.    I dont deny the baby or kylen anything but it justoissed me off to no end that this asshole was given anything at all that he seems unwilling to work for.  Kylen said the show edit it to make him look bad...they did not have to try hard. To seethis 12 minute video go to Jidion you tubechannel or search for "meet the worlds worst professional rawdogger"

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Palm Tree Head won more points for insisting Kylen "only had one contraction" and got so miserable, insinuating she was over reacting. Then it comes out later that she's been in labor at least several hours and it actually started at 4 a.m.

I live for the episode (I hope it's next week) when the punk gets kicked out of the labor room for whatever he did. I hope it's not long before we see him escorted to jail.

Nobody put that smirk on your face nor those constant "I know it all" comments in your mouth, PTH. You make yourself look bad; you don't need any help. Your crowning achievements for the evening were the comments "No, you're not in labor," and "Why did you have to choose today?"

• Love 15

I can see why we don't get a lot of Dee. His girlfriend is about to go into surgery, and she has low iron and may have bleeding issues and what's on his list of things to pack, his xbox. I mean who wouldn't be worried about boredom in this situation. That and the comment to her mother he's not supposed to keep her safe. Call the doctors and tell them to keep her safe. What a prince.

I don't like Emersyn's Mother, I don't agree with the room rule, but I do defend her right to make rules in her own house. There is a reason a lot of people wait to have children until they are independent. If you live in someone's else's home you live by their rules.  With that said Emersyn is not a minor, why are they spending all their time at Emersyn's house? Mom can't stop them from spending time at Masons. Something tells me that for all their bitching about the rules, they don't want to stay at Mason's house.

I hope Jenna wanting to be a Doula is not a whim. It's not going to work long term with Aiden and I don't think these girls are getting teen mom money. Having a career is the smartest thing she could do for herself and Luca.

Finally, Jason was predictably awful. He has been awful throughout the process and of course he is awful when Kylen goes into labor. I expected nothing less. Kylen is in for it until she decides to leave that creep.

• Love 5

I can see why we don't get a lot of Dee.

Just like everyone else on this show, Dee is not a winner. He is having his second baby with a girl he's not married to who may have only gotten pregnant the first time to show up her cousin. They're doomed, and he'll be on the hook for child support for 18 years. 

I don't like Emersyn's Mother, I don't agree with the room rule, but I do defend her right to make rules in her own house.

Emersyn is an entitled snot who needs to be kicked out and told to pay for her own self if she wants to make the rules. 

I hope Jenna wanting to be a Doula is not a whim. It's not going to work long term with Aiden and I don't think these girls are getting teen mom money. Having a career is the smartest thing she could do for herself and Luca.

It's probably a whim. These girls seem to model themselves after the MTV Teen Mom girls, and they always go from idea to idea without finishing anything. Her father is a jerk, but he's probably her best bet for long-term help. Although I will say that Jenna is one of only a few of these television Teen Moms to actually follow through with breastfeeding. I have to give her some points for that. Aiden seems exhausted and burned out on the whole situation. He's too young and clearly isn't getting the emotional support he needs from somewhere.

• Love 6

The girls who live in KY: "Every since I FOUNT out I was pregnant..."

"My ARN is low so I might bleed out."

Mr. Palm Tree Head scares the beejesus out of me. I shudder to think how the hell he treats his family/girlfriend when the cameras aren't there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

She genuinely understands that for as long as she is financially dependent up Aiden she won't be free.  That's more insight than I think we've ever seen anyone display on any of the Teen Mom or Unexpected franchises.  It does seem as though there is a chance of her achieving financial stability but given the fact that she was raised by two incredibly awful parents her path isn't going to be easy. Her dad had the nerve to state "it's not normal to be that toxic for such a young relationship."  He's not wrong about Jenna and Aidan's relationship, but a man who spent his grandchild's baptism whining about his ex wife sitting in the front pew really needs to shut up and not judge anyone else.  

And speaking of people who need to stop talking, Tiarra  chose to ignore her doctor's advice when she didn't take iron supplements.   It's too late to whine now about how dangerous this is for her and the baby.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

My heart broke for Kylen watching this episode.  I was 38 years old when I gave birth and when they told me they were gong to do a c-section the first words out of my mouth were "I want my mother" (judge me if you like but giving birth is scary, no matter how old you are).  She was getting no support and no comfort - oh that poor little girl!

(Edited to say that my boyfriend ran down to the cafeteria where my mom was eating and she left her food on the table and came straight to my room...I had the best mom ever!)

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 15
On 4/25/2022 at 12:55 AM, Poohbear617 said:

I cant stand jason either, but it got worse the other day. A friend sent me.a youtube video of someone named JiDion (i did not know who this was) he went to visit kylen and jason.he went therebecause he liked Jason saying he was a.professional rawdogger. They are still togetherand Xavier is 7 month old.  Jason admitted they were struggling financially even though he still appeared to br living with his folks.  The guy ttook them to target and told them to put anything they wanted into.several carts..baby clothes, diapers , wipes toys..etc..  he then gave them 10 thousand dollars to start a.college fund for the child...i hope he sets that up so that.piecenof shit cant get.a.hold of it.    I dont deny the baby or kylen anything but it justoissed me off to no end that this asshole was given anything at all that he seems unwilling to work for.  Kylen said the show edit it to make him look bad...they did not have to try hard. To seethis 12 minute video go to Jidion you tubechannel or search for "meet the worlds worst professional rawdogger"

Well that was fun to watch!  Jason seemed a bit nicer, better and he's gained some weight!  Thank you!

On 4/26/2022 at 6:35 AM, RoxiP said:

(Edited to say that my boyfriend ran down to the cafeteria where my mom was eating and she left her food on the table and came straight to my room...I had the best mom ever!)

Boyfriend sounds pretty good too!  

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3
On 4/25/2022 at 9:02 AM, Kellyee said:

Emersyn is an entitled snot who needs to be kicked out and told to pay for her own self if she wants to make the rules. 

Who RAISED that "entitled snot"?  Who was her role model for parenthood and relationships with men?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 4/18/2022 at 9:37 AM, JeanJean said:

Maybe it would be good though for Jason to realize people see what he's doing, that he's not putting anything over on anyone, that there will be consequences if he doesn't cut it out. Maybe all not saying anything does is prolong it.  I don't know anywhere near enough about his parents to know if they ever gave him consequences for anything.

If something truly serious happens, Production better have their legal butts covered.  They are observing and filming even MORE than we see.  Some court somewhere could find them responsible for damages.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/25/2022 at 7:45 AM, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I can see why we don't get a lot of Dee.

Plus in that social media fight between Tiarra and her kinfolk, they were heavily implying that Tiarra stole Dee from somebody else. 

On 4/25/2022 at 7:45 AM, TooMuchRealityTV said:

There is a reason a lot of people wait to have children until they are independent. If you live in someone's else's home you live by their rules.  With that said Emersyn is not a minor, why are they spending all their time at Emersyn's house?

Because except for that one rule that Emersyn has stated she will not comply with because she doesn't like it, that's where Emersyn wants to be.  Near her mother, who knows a thing or two about babies.

But speaking of her mother, she was complaining about Mason sleeping when Emersyn was having contractions, and judging him harshly for that.  However, it turns out that a few hours before that, they all decided to get some sleep, and Emersyn hadn't woken Mason up after she woke up, and refused to wake him up even when her mother was telling her to.

Apparently Mason is a bad person because he's unable to read Emersyn's mother's mind when he's asleep.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:37 AM, JeanJean said:

I don't think she's not intelligent - she probably is, she's just very young and so somewhat unformed and at the age where the importance of having  a boyfriend overrides everything else. 

I agree that she's young and unformed, but I've seen no signs of above-average intellect.

And while PTH is an asshole and controlling, as far as I know, that's not illegal behavior.  I saw his "come with me to pee" as the teenage equivalent of "Dear, can you help me in the kitchen for a moment?" because it seemed like a way for them to talk about it without anybody listening. 

And even if he really does successfully never let her out of his sight, that's troubling, obviously, but I don't think it's abuse for which he could be arrested, or for which authorities could step in.  Unfortunately, people have a lot of leeway in being treated however they want or accept, and when it comes to minors, it's up to the adults to do something about it if it hasn't become criminal.

I am heartened by the fact that he drives a shitty looking car, so it looks like his parents don't give him everything he wants.  It's a far cry from supporting himself, which is exactly what an asshole teenager who knows absolutely everything about everything should be forced to do, but his parents clearly aren't going to do that, so a shitty car will have to do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3