Type keyword(s) to search

S10:E12: Dolly's Journey

• Start Topic

Dolly has gotten too comfortable at 600 pounds. There's physical pain all over, and the skin apron pulling on her abdomen is miserable, but with her mom and others waiting on her hand and foot, she manages to avoid ever taking responsibility for her life.

Original air date 2022.01.19

There was an awful lot to unpack in this episode. The live thread was HOPPING. Recommended reading. 

Basically, this girl has the maturity level of a small child. It didn’t take long to predict that we wouldn’t be seeing any huge transformation. The living situations were not healthy, the last being what looked to be a condemned flop house with underwear hanging on the front fence to dry. 

• Love 19
Just now, ChicksDigScars said:

There was an awful lot to unpack in this episode. The live thread was HOPPING. Recommended reading. 

Basically, this girl has the maturity level of a small child. It didn’t take long to predict that we wouldn’t be seeing any huge transformation. The living situations were not healthy, the last being what looked to be a condemned flop house with underwear hanging on the front fence to dry. 

That house was bad.  I would rather live in my car. 

• Love 12

Well that episode was....something. I agree that Dolly had the reasoning ability (and intellect) of a small child. And the way her mama went off was perfect. She was over it and told her so but you can tell it was from a place of total frustration but that she loves her. Unfortunately that will all be lost on Dolly. In the words of one of my favorite drag queens: "I need a 45 minute nap to process that." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Oh, I forgot to add: episode highlight. Talking to Dr. Now about her fupa.

I’ll bet that the TLC camera men said that they were not going back to that shithole crack house, with the Wide Load banner on the sliding glass door, and the bra on the front fence, without hazmat suits.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Talking to Dr. Now about her fupa.

And him knowing what it was! That was one hot mess. She needs more help than Dr Now and Dr Paradise can give her.

• Love 13

Why        on        God's        green    earth         is           her         fiance         carrying         a          stuffed         animal           frog        backpack???   W in the af?    I'm bewildered, befuddled, and horrified at the same time.    If this gets any weirder,  I may not get through it.    I know these guys she's with are losers,  but what do they see in this  adult  who has the brain of a 10 yr old?   I...... I'm.... I'm..... I can't get over him carrying that stuffed animal bag that's for a 4 yr old.   I'm just....omg.........huh??? There's no emoji that can show the bewildered look on my face.   

Just gonna go back and try and finish watching this very weird,  but entertaining episode.    Looking forward to reading all your comments.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, non sequitur said:

She needs inpatient therapy.

Didn't she tell Dr. Now that, in one of the visits?
I' m watching it now, and  was reading along with the live chat, but only was on page 8, so came here to catch up.
Now on p.12, but will finish tomorrow.
What does Cheyanne do for a living.  
I will say that this one is good value.  I've thought of a new man for her---Gilbert, originally with Lupe, and then another one here ,I think.
Good  night.

Edited by auntjess
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

"I'm disappointed" (in the weight loss)

"I can't do this much longer" (omitting 75 calories a day from her usual 5000)

I don't know why I'm not losing" (slops 8oz of Velveeta on her broccoli and ham)

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Usually I follow the live chat as I watch the show but last night I caught up during the commercials because I couldn’t turn away from the shit show that is Dolly. I almost felt bad for watching. I can’t believe she has a dating life. Still so many questions. Does the dude lift the lymphedema to have sex with her?  What was the short lived sister wife like? Who were the other people living in that dump? 
Where was her moms wife? What became of the life long best friend that she’s only known for a year?

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

Ok I have to ask.  What is a Lupa?  It that fat growing from her Hoo Ha?  Or the taint area?  Why do I even want to know?

And for a woman who is almost 600lbs she dates more than I do.

How does someone get used to carrying two large hanging pouches of fat on their belly?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Ok I have to ask.  What is a Lupa?  It that fat growing from her Hoo Ha?  Or the taint area?  Why do I even want to know?

And for a woman who is almost 600lbs she dates more than I do.

How does someone get used to carrying two large hanging pouches of fat on their belly?  

Fupa

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If Dr. Now has considered retiring or at least getting out of the TLC game, this episode would be the one to end it on because Dolly and her clown car was a bridge too far even for this show.  Because Holy Hell, that was a lot to unpack.  I died when they dropped Fupa on him and then I proceeded to die 25x more as the horror show continued to get worse and worse.  It may take me all day to recover from that one.  ☠️☠️☠️

• LOL 10
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

If Dr. Now has considered retiring or at least getting out of the TLC game, this episode would be the one to end it on because Dolly and her clown car was a bridge too far even for this show.  Because Holy Hell, that was a lot to unpack.  I died when they dropped Fupa on him and then I proceeded to die 25x more as the horror show continued to get worse and worse.  It may take me all day to recover from that one.  ☠️☠️☠️

I went from bewildered, to pissed off, to actually feeling sorry for her when I saw that fetid flop house that they were moving into. THEN I fist pumped when Mama Mohawk laid down the law. And you KNEW that Dr. Now was agreeing with everything she said. I think Dr. Now was at a loss for words most of the time. Dolly broke Dr. Now. 

They'd better give hazard pay to production for having to follow this one around. And tetanus shots. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I went from bewildered, to pissed off, to actually feeling sorry for her when I saw that fetid flop house that they were moving into. THEN I fist pumped when Mama Mohawk laid down the law. And you KNEW that Dr. Now was agreeing with everything she said. I think Dr. Now was at a loss for words most of the time. She broke Dr. Now. 

They'd better give hazard pay to production for having to follow this one around. And tetanus shots. 

I'm still aghast at that house! How is that not condemned? How can they legally "rent" rooms? And that motel? Wow. 

I liked her mom a lot. I know she loved her but I think she had had enough. She made sense. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I was on page 11 when the show ended and managed a few more pages before I forced myself to go to bed so I just finally finished reading at 10:53 this morning. (With brand new progressive glasses, no less...they're making my eyes a little wonky* but I was determined.)

*(not my first pair of progressives but I just started wearing them today so hopefully it's just a matter of getting used the new prescription) 

12 hours ago, Roxie said:

That was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.  She's 25, with a child, and didn't do her own laundry?  My kids did their own laundry starting at age eight!

I think I started doing laundry around 11 or 12. Before that I was too short to reach to the bottom of the washing machine.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm still aghast at that house! How is that not condemned? How can they legally "rent" rooms? And that motel? Wow. 

I have a feeling there was nothing "legal" about this situation.  Seemed like squatters trying to make a buck off "renting" out rooms.  When they had to move after a day or two, it pretty much confirmed that to me.  

• Love 11
Just now, nr65000 said:

I have a feeling there was nothing "legal" about this situation.  Seemed like squatters trying to make a buck off "renting" out rooms.  When they had to move after a day or two, it pretty much confirmed that to me.  

Maybe someone called the cops on them. I can't imagine Dolly and her fiance being "bad" for the house. Maybe the "landlords" didn't want the publicity all things considered? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Maybe I was tripping from all the visuals coming at me from this index.jpg.019be71d1483714afbf8dd763a41b888.jpgfreak show but Mom somehow reminded me of Billy Bob Thornton.  Or maybe more specifically, Sling Blade?  I haven't even thought of that movie in a hundred years but here we are.  I think it was her voice and the way she spoke.  I feel like there's a lot of wise, old wisdom and sage advice under all of that flea market clothing and spray canned hair.

And I am still dying at them saying Fupa to Dr. Now and asking him if he knows what that is.  I am making myself laugh out loud every time I think about it.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Maybe someone called the cops on them. I can't imagine Dolly and her fiance being "bad" for the house. Maybe the "landlords" didn't want the publicity all things considered? 

I bet that the other residents were not going to be filmed, and were very upset at what would be revealed by a camera crew.    I wouldn't be surprised if the camera crew told Dolly and Phillip to leave nothing behind and get out.    I wouldn't be surprised if the police dropped in the next day at the squatter house.  

I have to wonder at the joyful tidbits the Supersized edition on Thursday the 27th will have.   

Dolly's mother had custody of the granddaughter within days of her being born, and had permanet custody since the little girl was a year old, because the judge ruled both parents were unfit.    Unfortunately, since Dolly lived there, and grandma worked, the little girl was already obese, and she was only three years old.   

I was shocked to find out that Cheyanne was only a friend of Dolly's for a year. 

I don't think Dolly could ever follow the rules for a group home, or any kind of supervised living situation.   She was tossed out of Job Corps, and I'm betting everything else she ever did.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13

I think it’s better for the world if Dolly remains morbidly obese and keeps that Fupa (learned a new word today) otherwise she’d be procreating with the first homeless jobless uneducated male that crosses her path. 

I don’t live in the US but I wonder if there are government run facilities where Dolly could live and be taught basic lifestyle skills and maybe even be placed in some kind of job opportunity suitable to her limited abilities.  She obviously requires some sort of supervised living arrangement.  
I hope her daughter gets a chance at a good decent life.  I felt sorry for all of them.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don’t live in the US but I wonder if there are government run facilities where Dolly could live and be taught basic lifestyle skills and maybe even be placed in some kind of job opportunity suitable to her limited abilities.  She obviously requires some sort of supervised living arrangement.  

There are things like group homes for adults with intellectual disabilities or mental health issues who are less-than-fully independent. Don't know what her chances of getting into one might be. She might need to get to a point where she can at least bathe herself properly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Just watched this episode. Had to DVR it last night and luckily I had a snow day to catch up (Yay teacher life!) All I can say is wow!! So much to uncover.. That house.. That fiance.. That backpack.. Did she really expect Dr. Now would approve her just because she does her own laundry?!?!?! She abandoned her daughter for that dude. Her mom kicks ass. I loved how Dr. Now was brutally honest as always. Going to read the live thread now. Wish I could have been there with my fellow pounders.. Got stuck doing 4 hours of homework with my 11 year old son because he chooses to play games and go on youtube on his Chromebook in school instead of doing his classwork 😠

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

There are things like group homes for adults with intellectual disabilities or mental health issues who are less-than-fully independent. Don't know what her chances of getting into one might be.

Pretty sure those people have to be willing to be there- follow the rules, etc.- and you KNOW this baby-woman would last about a day with that. I didn't get a sense that Rainbow Granny really wanted to take over legal responsibility for the grandchild, but she certainly wouldn't have trouble getting custody if a judge saw this show.

I had no sense of when this episode was filmed, but I assume it was bottom-of-the-barrel pre-plague. Hoping they get some actual determined-to-succeed poundticipants next season. Virtually everybody this season was a waste of viewer time.

• Love 7

So what was the deal with the trance she was in when she was waiting for her food? Was it just that, a trance? The only reason I posted the pic in the live chat was because she held that facial expression far longer than she should have and it was not camera trickery. WTF was that?

Cracking up at the spelling of "aigs". I say/spell that too, I think it is a throwback to some iteration of Jersey Shore, which I never watched but I do recall one scene where a girl and a guy get up the next morning and she declares that he made "aighs" 😄

I can't believe that she wouldn't enter the house or walk across the lawn but she'd use her $600 oxygen concentrator that she's probably leasing as a step stool. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Cracking up at the spelling of "aigs". I say/spell that too, I think it is a throwback to some iteration of Jersey Shore, which I never watched but I do recall one scene where a girl and a guy get up the next morning and she declares that he made "aighs" 😄

90 Day Fiance - Angela (aka Grangela to us on the boards) to her daughter Skyla - "I can tote it, I just need your aig" when wanting Skyla to donate an egg to her to do IVF

Also Grangela - subjecting us to seeing her go through gyn exams to find out if she had any viable "aigs".  Grangie is well into her 50s (I think), overweight, smoker, from Georgia with a thick Southern accent.  A doctor in Nigeria told her she could see one egg on an ultrasound.  That turned out to be a cyst.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

90 Day Fiance - Angela (aka Grangela to us on the boards) to her daughter Skyla - "I can tote it, I just need your aig" when wanting Skyla to donate an egg to her to do IVF

Also Grangela - subjecting us to seeing her go through gyn exams to find out if she had any viable "aigs".  Grangie is well into her 50s (I think), overweight, smoker, from Georgia with a thick Southern accent.  A doctor in Nigeria told her she could see one egg on an ultrasound.  That turned out to be a cyst.

I am deceased.

😆

• LOL 7
14 hours ago, edie3 said:

And him knowing what it was! That was one hot mess. She needs more help than Dr Now and Dr Paradise can give her.

Calling Dr. Stanley Friedman....Dr Fraiser Crane....Dr Nials Crane....Dr Lilith Sternin-Crane......and the guy from Law & Order who does the Farmers Insurance commericals.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It was in a class with filthy Jeanne.  Remember her?  The 2 are vying for dirtiest 600 lbers.

22 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Hey she should get in touch with Whitney Thore (My Big Fat...); she's got lots of harvested eggs on ice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Calling Dr. Stanley Friedman....Dr Fraiser Crane....Dr Nials Crane....Dr Lilith Sternin-Crane......and the guy from Law & Order who does the Farmers Insurance commericals.

Dr. Emil Skoda!!

• Love 5

So that house was full of squatters right? I mean I can’t imagine any city allowing that to be rented. I imagine they didn’t tell the head crackhead in charge (hcic if you will) they came with a film crew and that’s why they had to go. 

I’m still trying to unpack all of this. I echo the comment up thread about her weird trance she was in while waiting for food, she looked like a fish on dry land. I love that mom shut down the enabler talk quickly by pointing out that she puts normal portions on her plate but she can’t do anything about it if she gets more food. I know that a lot of these people definitely have enablers but I think sometimes Dr Now throws that label on people unfairly — Ms. Fupa was mobile with ways and means of getting food, her mom can only do so much. I practically fist bumped when mom spilled all the tea at the last appointment! She’s pissed and I don’t blame her. I’m not sure how old she but I’m sure raising a toddler was not in her plans at this point in life. 

And fucking grifters, the way Dolly just throws out the ways in which they’re  supporting themselves like it was silly of Dr Now to think they’re productive members of society. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Oh, I forgot to add: episode highlight. Talking to Dr. Now about her fupa.

He probably rushed out to consult his "Gray's Anatomy" 

I didn't get to watch last night, but when I saw the Live Chat went for 22 pages, I figured the episode was a doozy. 

15 hours ago, non sequitur said:

She needs inpatient therapy.

I read that as "impatient therapy"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

What a mess!
Many have already mentioned the frog 🐸 backpack. 
I really thought that when mom dropped Dolly off at the park that she was going to sit down and eat that entire loaf of bread. They did show her throwing some bread to the ducks (that’s not good for them, is it?) I would be surprised if she didn’t eat some herself. 
Dolly was just SO surprised at every weigh in, wondering how she could possibly do any more to lose weight. 
The second Dolly said she couldn’t eat like this for the rest of her life and she just wanted to get approved for weight loss surgery, I knew this episode wouldn’t end in success. 

19 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said: her weird trance she was in while waiting for food, she looked like a fish on dry land. 

That is exactly what she looked like! Bizarre!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Juniperjen said:

What a mess!
Many have already mentioned the frog 🐸 backpack. 
I really thought that when mom dropped Dolly off at the park that she was going to sit down and eat that entire loaf of bread. They did show her throwing some bread to the ducks (that’s not good for them, is it?) I would be surprised if she didn’t eat some herself. 
Dolly was just SO surprised at every weigh in, wondering how she could possibly do any more to lose weight. 
The second Dolly said she couldn’t eat like this for the rest of her life and she just wanted to get approved for weight loss surgery, I knew this episode wouldn’t end in success. 

So many of these people think they can get the surgery and go back to eating like they did. No, it is a lifestyle change and that is why so many people fail. The ones that start with the mindset that it is a new way of life are the successes. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I love that mom shut down the enabler talk quickly by pointing out that she puts normal portions on her plate but she can’t do anything about it if she gets more food.

The best she can do is cook only enough for each person in the house to have a portion and make sure there are no leftovers, but that still doesn't stop Dolly from cooking more/something else, unless she shops only for one meal at a time and has no other food in the house which is pretty impractical.

42 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I read that as "impatient therapy"

That, too.

• Love 2

That was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Dolly's continued bewilderment at absolutely everything (her weight, her ex staying abusive, her mom pushing her to actually follow Dr. Now's rules, Dr. Now's reaction to her "fiance") had my jaw hanging open.

And when she asked Dr. Now if he was approving her for weight loss surgery, I worried I'd end up with TMJ.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Virtually everybody this season was a waste of viewer time.

A failure can be incredibly entertaining.  We did have a couple for the annals this season too.

2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I think being morbidly obese was the least of Dolly's problems. She was seriously disconnected from reality. She's Shauna Rae's polar opposite -- a child trapped in an adult's body.

Wonder if Shauna Rae would want a swap.  Dolly probably wouldn't, given her proclivity for draping herself over the next closest male not repulsed by her unwashed body aromas.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That house was bad.  I would rather live in my car. 

She doesn't have a car.

The leap between having choices in life and apparently having NO INCOME is too vast to straddle, IMO.  She kept referring to the homeless "fiance" as being on disability.  However, she never referred to herself as having that $$ to fall back on.

The first thing she should do is get in touch with some social service agency to provide her with a safety net of services.  Then she can plan from there.  

The one I feel the saddest about is that sweet child who didn't ask to be born into such a dysfunctional situation.  Mom is doing her best; however, the child is already overweight at 3 1/2 yrs of age, just like Dolly was so I'm not sure it's a healthy environment for her to thrive in as she develops. 

My mind leaps to the many, many, many families who would, no doubt, be ready, willing and able to provide a stable, loving and functional life situation for that beautiful little girl.  However, I'm not hopeful that will happen.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

So many of these people think they can get the surgery and go back to eating like they did. No, it is a lifestyle change and that is why so many people fail. The ones that start with the mindset that it is a new way of life are the successes. 

I'm also wondering when this episode was filmed (just curious because I was interested in whether there would be a follow up) because there was absolutely NO REFERENCE or physical accommodation to any COVID practices, like masks and/or social distancing.

• Love 3