Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Diwali

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Rai said:

My take on Miranda carries over from SATC where I thought she was always forced to settle because everyone kept hammering at her to sacrifice her needs to accommodate Steve or accommodate a move or whatever. There never seemed to be anyone needing to compromise to Miranda's way of doing things or respecting why she had the needs that she did. It was always her having to change. Which I disliked a lot.

And in the movie, it did bug me that everyone essentially forgave Steve so easily and browbeat Miranda into taking him back. So I see this current situation as Miranda's made sacrifices and compromises for decades and it's all finally taken a toll and this is the nasty eruption as a result. Again, I don't condone cheating in real life, but the grace Steve got in comparison to what Miranda's getting right now -- she was treated as wrong to be hurt and angry when he cheated, and now she's being treated as being wrong for cheating herself, and it does start feeling like she can't win. No, two wrongs don't make a right, etc. However, the path of how she got here looks pretty clear to me, even without factoring in her sexuality.

Genuinely not here to tell people how they feel though. Just feeling sorry for Miranda and how easy it is for her to fall from grace from her own fans.

You make a very good case for Miranda. But then, I never liked Steve. After the first movie where her friends had a non-reaction to Steve’s cheating while acting like Big leaving Carrie T the altar was the worst thing ever, I’ve felt like Miranda needed to ditch this friend group and meet new people. 

Carrie pretending like marriage vows are so sacred after the way she treated Natasha (then and now) is so phony.

I still don’t like Che (Sorry to the fabulous Sara Ramirez). Miranda should see other people.

• Love 10
On 1/6/2022 at 6:17 PM, WendyCR72 said:

I know we all age, but damn. SJP needs a new hair style. She looks so damned haggard now.

since the pandemic I let my bangs grow out because I just wear a ponytail all the time anyways. It is just easier being in health care and wearing a mask. I am the same age as SJP and seeing her is really making me consider my hair style lol!!

The whole facelift scene was a bit disingenuous considering her face is already botoxed.

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

The gag with the beeping noise has already been done - on the Good Wife where ironically it was Chris Noth who couldn’t find the source of the annoying beeping. And yep, it turned out to be the dishwasher.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6

I’m really disappointed in the treatment of Steve. Steve was such an amazing character and I don’t understand why they aren’t using him. It’s like all they cared about was turning Miranda into Cynthia. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Since when is Anthony buddies with Carrie? He was always Charlotte's go to gay bff and Stannie was Carrie's. Is Charlotte jealous? This reboot had her jealous of Stannie and Carries friendship so why not be jealous of Anthony and Carrie?

I’m guessing that Anthony is in scenes that were meant for Stanford. He does mention that Charlotte was busy, that’s why he was with Carrie.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SoWindsor said:

I’m really disappointed in the treatment of Steve. Steve was such an amazing character and I don’t understand why they aren’t using him. It’s like all they cared about was turning Miranda into Cynthia. 

I'm thinking maybe Cynthia is the one who never liked Steve as a character? She seems to have a LOT of creative input into this series now and everything that's going on with Miranda is with her approval I'm sure. So, the complete disrespect of her and Steve's relationship and basically making Steve a non-person worthy of zero consideration must be at her behest. 

I just hope she's getting a whiff of this blowback because the vast consensus is that everyone HATES Che and fans LOVED Steve. I mean, I wonder, does this actually surprise her, that people would be attached to him as a character after all those years on SATC? Is she shocked by the reaction?

• Love 12

I never heard of Madame Alexander dolls, and I don’t get the point. They’re dolls that sit on a shelf? Can kids play with them or are they fragile? If they’re more like collectibles or figurines, why not put them in a display cabinet? I don’t understand this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I'd say this was the first episode I've seen in the reboot that I thought came even slightly close to replicating the feeling of the earlier series. Not a whole lot, but it was getting there. As someone who's never liked Carrie very much either, I thought she had some moments here where even I liked her. I appreciated the picnic scene, as most everyone else did, and I did like Carrie telling Miranda: "You can disagree, but you can't leave" or something. That moment felt like it was referring to something bigger, like, it was almost a comment on the way people engage generally these days, or something.

I like Seema. She's probably the only one of the new cast that I want to see more of. I agree that the scenes of the professor without any of the main cast was a bit weird. I kept expecting Miranda to turn up too, but I don't necessarily hate it either. I just think that character needs to be more interesting to want to spend time with her and her friends. It wasn't a bad moment, it was just... yeah, weird, I guess. In the earlier series there were a few moments where Stanford got his own scenes too, but he had been built up as a character for awhile when that happened.

18 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

For those looking for songs in the episodes, I use the Shazam app A LOT with very good success

I do this too. I then promptly forget to check it to follow up on listening to the songs, but still! 😆

22 hours ago, monagatuna said:

It was similar to one I've had with a friend, who invites us to Diwali and lends us clothes for it. It's a really wonderful celebration, and everyone there was so welcoming and proud that we were participating in their celebration. It's one of my favorite memories around the holiday season.

I'm so glad you had this experience. Without going too much off topic, I feel a lot of the conversation around 'cultural appropriation' has gone way too far in one direction where it's now frightening people from engaging with each other, which is really sad. I hate thinking of us segregating ourselves like that. The term in its original use is meant to be a neutral one too, not a fancier way of saying 'offensive' or 'racism'.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SoWindsor said:

I'm the biggest Steve hater and even I'M upset.  What about us?  The people who love to hate him?  We miss it!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Shermie said:

I never heard of Madame Alexander dolls, and I don’t get the point. They’re dolls that sit on a shelf? Can kids play with them or are they fragile? If they’re more like collectibles or figurines, why not put them in a display cabinet? I don’t understand this.

They're not particularly fragile--I used to play with mine all the time. But if you're a collector, you would want to keep them pristine so they maintain their value. They have international dolls and also pop culture dolls. The best thing about them are their super-elaborate, detailed outfits. Check out this Irish lassie:

https://store.madamealexander.com/madame-alexander-dolls-newest-arrivals/emerald-isle-princess.html

I want to play with that so badly!

Now I want to find mine and play with them!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I think this plot device represented Carrie's feeling of not belonging in the apartment and that *something* is bothering her, but she is unsure of what it is. She has looked in the obvious places, but hasn't quite found out the origin of the problem. It is a nagging problem that cannot be ignored.

🎯🎯🎯

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Rai said:

I thought she was always forced to settle because everyone kept hammering at her to sacrifice her needs to accommodate Steve or accommodate a move or whatever.

Back in that laundry room with Steve she looked very much like a woman in love to me.   

• Love 22

Was everyone disgusted by Carrie when she was having her affair? I'm asking sincerely because I wasn't chatting with SATC fans back in the day when it was happening, so I am curious. Being unhappy with Miranda's (or Carrie's) choices is something I can understand, but finding a character "disgusting" seems pretty harsh.

I was.  

But it was also treated differently by the show.  At the time, it wasn't *really* part of some great love story, that "endgame" attitude came later on in the show.   There was lust and guilt.  The relationship felt sordid and damaged.  It was portrayed for what it was - an affair.

I was also disgusted when Carrie kissed Aidan in Abu Dhabi.  

Now, we're supposed to put aside infidelity and embrace empowerment, I suppose.  It's not working for me.  I'm not disgusted with Miranda. I'm disgusted with the writing of Miranda. 

This isn't Miranda, IMO.  I don't know who this character is, but it's not Miranda.   This is some unrealistic made up version of Miranda.  Why? 

I know there are plenty of people who have gone through this pandemic and drank more, been with their partners more and discovered, "hey, not so sure about this" and maybe realized they weren't in love anymore.  There are plenty of women who get into their 50s and have "done it all right" (maybe not in the expected order) and realized that they still feel unfulfilled.  There are plenty of people who, in our current day, feel more comfortable exploring their identities because this climate allows that, when even 5 years ago it wasn't nearly as common.  There are plenty of people in their 40s and 50s who go back to graduate school to either boost their career or do a full career change or shift.  There are plenty of people who are trying to be liberal parents and find their kids running roughshod over them as a result.  

But I don't know of a single person who is checking all of those boxes at once.  That's why it's some fake fictional unrealistic Miranda.

Moving on...

I really really like Seema.  I don't know if I love the professor, but I like Seema.  I'm enjoying Anthony more.

And I guess I'm the only one who thought Carrie got confused about Diwali and dressed up like Frida Kahlo instead?

Edited by BrindaWalsh
  • Love 12

I am never going to buy Miranda becoming a lesbian this late just because it happened to Cynthia Nixon. Maybe she's always felt she and Miranda are similar, but I'm willing to bet Miranda's dating life has been completely different. I've said this before but all the women on SATC, not just Samantha, all of them, have been with a LOT of men. And I'm not trying to be insulting, it's just a fact. It was the point of the original show- adult single women and their sex lives. And unlike old shows about single women (Mary Tyler Moore or whatever) you didn't neatly hide the sex part offscreen- they've all slept with many men, and explored their sexualities well into adulthood enough to know themselves and their desires fully.

I don't know if Nixon's ever talked about it, but does anyone really believe her dating life was similar to Miranda's? Miranda was not sexually repressed or shy or reluctant in any way that we ever saw. She was even mistaken for being a lesbian and dealt directly with that. 

I don't think Cynthia Nixon is willing to accept that whatever similarities or however she related to Miranda in the past, the character was still different from her and it doesn't make sense that this would be a real thing now. Charlotte was right! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Pestilentia said:

Back in that laundry room with Steve she looked very much like a woman in love to me.   

Not only looked in love. Miranda EXPLICITLY told Steve she loved him and was upset for "fucking everything up".

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

This isn't Miranda, IMO.  I don't know who this character is, but it's not Miranda.   This is some unrealistic made up version of Miranda.  Why? 

I know there's more than just cheating going on, but I remember thinking the same when Steve cheated. I thought, Steve isn't that dude! 

• Love 8

She had to have loved Steve.  I mean look at him.  Who would be with someone like that if they weren't in love?  Just kidding.  Not really.  She was crazy about him and willing to do almost anything for him.  Everyone knows this.........  yes she sacrificed a lot in their FIRST courtship, but in their second courtship, she 100% wanted him and went for it.  She also PROPOSED MARRIAGE.  She was not trapped into that relationship for goodness sake.  SHE LEFT THE HOTTEST DOCTOR ALIVE for Steve. 

2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know there's more than just cheating going on, but I remember thinking the same when Steve cheated. I thought, Steve isn't that dude! 

AGREE

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah but remember, the characters in these reboots would be terrified to hang out with all Black people.  Remember Charlotte at her friend's dinner party?  Remember Miranda flailing like a moron because her professor was Black?

Besides being a lawyer in New York City for decades and working with clients who no doubt represented every group one can think of ...

Miranda had a whole black boyfriend!

This is 100% on the shitty writers. The Miranda we know would  never have been so clueless about how to conduct herself  that she would've  uttered the strange things she did  as she entered Dr. Naya Wallace's class.

6 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Re: Miranda and Nya, Maybe Nya shouldn't have been the professor with whom Miranda got off on the wrong foot with those awful "Miranda tries too hard with the first Black person she's ever met" scenes.

Makes you wonder if the writers forgot  about Dr. Robert Leeds, doesn't it?

While he is just one individual, I'm sure living, socializing  and working in NYC for decades  they all would've  been to art openings, concerts, fashion shows, b'day  parties, weddings  etc where they've  been around  mostly black people. [not that such was shown...a criticism they're bludgeoning us over the head with solutions for now].

Miranda's neighbor Kendra helped her out when she was overwhelmed with Brady when  he was going through fussy crying stage.

• Love 11
On 1/6/2022 at 9:14 AM, Rebecca berkowit said:

Ok, the line “Your mother wants to know if you’ve gotten a new SARI for the DIWALI PARTY,” complete with immigrant parent accent (tm) , followed by extremely shoehorned apropos-of-nothing reference to matchmaking, has got to win the award for “Hey, see how INCLUSIVE we’re being!  These people are INDIAN!  Can you tell?”  Absolute CRINGE.   Like, sure, that’s exactly what the father would have called to talk about right then, because, Indian.  Can they not just hire people of different ethnicities/backgrounds?  Does it have to be ABOUT that, all the time with these characters? Sometimes “diverse” people talk about, I dunno, regular stuff, like their jobs, or what they had for lunch. Sometimes they just exist.   But not on this show.  Indian?  Must be Diwali.  Gender nonconforming?  Must talk about it incessantly including unfunny standup routine.  Black?  Must make every interaction with them awkward/must get turned away from every entrance.  Ugh with this!  And asking whether it’s “allowed” to wear a Sari to this party?  When the Indian woman herself was the one who suggested it to you?    Like, that’s NOT what cultural appropriation is, and if you think it is, well, that’s where you’re being a tad unaware.  (Same with the dolls.  Traditional dress exists.  Are we not allowed to own any depiction of it?  Is it inaccurate?) And also, asking for a “complete explanation” of the holiday itself?  Patronizing.  These people don’t need to be the token explainers/absolvers.  It’s all written to center the white people, and their experience, in the narrative, which is what they are allegedly trying not to do.  

I have been defending the writing so far, but I had to turn it off when they went sari shopping. Did not feel like watching Carrie Bradshaw learn about Diwali. 

Everything about this show (and the original SATC) is a cartoon. There are rare moments of truth and authenticity, but mostly it broad, cartoonish and costumey. I don't think I'll be coming back. 

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Pestilentia said:

The laundry room was 17 years ago.  She may have been in romantic love with Steve at the time, and likely still loves him now, but people grow and change.  Their marriage was already having significant problems in 2008, and while they reconciled, it would not be surprising to me that the old issues never really went away.   

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think he was hitting on him?  I don't know.  I agree, weird scene.

I think the plastic surgeon was hitting on both of them, which, to be honest, being flirted with by Jonathan Groff would *at least* convince me to get a little Botox.  You know who ALSO would’ve been great in the consultation?  Samantha, as she’s never shied away from getting work and admitting to it (IIRC, the facial peel from hell was based of a Kim Cattrall experience IRL.)

Dear Whomever Described Che as ‘Fetch’ — bless you.  I would like them SO much better if the writers weren’t working overtime to make Fetch - err, Che happen.  But they’re hilarious!  And edgy!  And give out the sexiest sex that ever sexed!  I believe the TV Trope is called Cousin Oliver syndrome?  Introducing a younger, hipper, “cool” character into a long-running show to court new, younger hip viewers?

The fact that Nixon directed this episode *really* makes me feel like she had a big hand in dictating Miranda’s storyline.  It also makes me wonder if she has ANY memory of who the character of Miranda in the original series actually was.

1) there is no way that those boxes wouldn’t have been labeled by Seema’s crew.  2) why did they go through all the hullaboo of Carrie moving back into her old apartment like it was a big (no pun intended) deal only to put her into a new apartment that she wasn’t remotely suited for?  I guess they did it for the “jokes,” but calling them “jokes” would be generous.

It is *extremely* weird that Anthony would become Instant Besties with Carrie — wouldn’t she feel some kind of loyalty to Stanford?  Though, given how they wrote him off, maybe not.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Johnny Nash. Always loved that song. I was enjoying listening to it at the end. Had it turned up & was back in my memories when they switched to that awful version sung by whoever it was. She ruined it. 

My apologies to Johnny Nash. I literally took 3 seconds Googling before I had to run out and for some odd reason Jimmy Cliff's version came up first?

I was looking for the version sung by the female vocalist and even after some nice person told my it's Grace Vanderwaal... I STILL can't find her full version to listen to. [I liked it..lol]

• LOL 1

I'm really wondering how much of Miranda's new story line, not to mention completely remade character is attributable to Cynthia Nixon's input? I wasn't able to read the last article about this reboot thing on the previous thread. Did it or any other article say as much? I would have thought this was all 100% the fault of the writers.

If Kim Catrall had thought she'd have all this input on the direction they're taking her character Samantha, she might have signed on. [I know, I know I know...she's been saying she's done playing the character. I get it. Which while that may be true, could we ever expect her to say to the press..Are you f'ing kidding me, after the humiliation they put me through in that last movie? Would YOU do it?]

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

A doctor telling a 55 year old woman that she needs to worry about Instagram?  Lord above.... 

I kind of felt like that was a nod to the shit these actresses have received on IG and social media about their looks and how they've aged. A couple maybe dealt with those kind of comments before the show aired.

I enjoyed this episode. The scenes with the records (storage and instrumental) were my favorites, followed by the park scene. I like Carrie and Seema as friends too so this one had quite a bit for me. 

Now that Charlotte's children  are older, I wonder if she'll revisit the art world in some way. In my 80s teen years (when I read all the Brett Easton Ellis / Tama Janowitz I could get my hands on) working a NY gallery seemed the height of EVERYTHING.

And I hated that apartment. It reminded me of all the box apartments on Million Dollar Listing NY.

Edited by ChelleGame
  • Love 5

I can barely see, having just watched the episode and being nearly blinded by the white credit background that was apparently hammering home the theme of the episode, from darkness into light. Which I guess the all-white apartment was also...

That episode was directed by Cynthia Nixon. Those hideous re-enactments of the finger-banging scene, the grotesquery of her teenage son at the door while she continued to masturbate with the sound effects of the vibrator audible and her voice distorted. What are these executive-producers etc women on, that they think this is good tv?

Carrie with that cyclamen ribbon affair woven into her hair really made me think of the old Pony Parker jokes - it looked like a dressage mane.

Charlotte was almost herself in that picnic scene. There is progress. Anthony is doing his best work! So there are still moments.

I don't see a series two for AJLT, and I am stunned that anyone read these scripts and thought, yes, we've nailed it!

Edited by violet and green
typo
  • Love 10

I don't mind Miranda having her Great Awakening, but I just don't buy that she'd go from zero to your-hand-is-in-my-privates-woof-woof-woof in a nanosecond. MAYBE old single  Miranda would have, but I think someone who's been faithfully married nearly two decades would do a lot of thinking first, and make more tentative steps toward sex outside her marriage, no matter who it's with. And maybe have the courtesy to separate from her husband first before trying someone else on to see if they fit.

It just occurred to me that the title of this shitty reboot might be an indication that they're going to dump all the spouses. Big died (good riddance, I thought he was scum from the beginning), now there's a possible divorce in the works for Miranda and Steve, and don't forget Harry's colonoscopy! I liked Steve, but it felt like he was a nice normal guy who'd wandered into the wrong show. Same with Aidan. Harry's the only one of the nice guys who seemed to fit, because he had a strong enough personality to stand up to Charlotte's most obnoxious Princess moments, and a white collar career.

• Love 4

Woof-woof-woof! 😁

I was just thinking why is it even called And Just Like That, apart from being an awful way to end that episode saying, And just like that... Big died. They seem to have dropped even the attempt of a voiceover a la old Carrie, tying the episodes together, and the title seems really redundant now, and it was awkward in its few uses. The whole thing is so half-cooked.

I always preferred Steve to Miranda, so what they are doing to him in this series is doubly upsetting.

If they kill Harry off.... so help me.

• Love 6

The only thing is they are trying so hard to make Che this young hip person but SR is only 9 years younger then Cynthia Nixon so that’s another reason it’s sucking so bad. It’s so try hard and embarrassing lol.

• Love 7

There's a podcast for every episode with Michael Patrick King talking to some of the writers. Here's the ep 6 one. I put the ep 5 one on that thread. Writer Samantha Irving created and wrote ep 5, so now we know who to blame for the Miranda / Che tryst happening without Miranda  ever letting Steve in on her feelings of dissatisfaction  which the  discussion of continues  here.

• Useful 2

Can anyone think of a male character on a long-running show that was a fan favorite and was recently killed off? The only one that comes to mind for me was Big, and although AJLT is a new show it is basically a continuation of SATC. 

Anyway, there's a blind item on the Blind Gossip site that claims that show's writers want to find a way to bring the character back to goose the show's ratings, which are abysmal. Poor ratings also says AJLT to me.

So, ghost Big? Previously unseen evil twin brother Big? Random dude who just happens to look like Big? How would you bring him back (assuming Noth isn't in jail next season)?

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Can anyone think of a male character on a long-running show that was a fan favorite and was recently killed off? The only one that comes to mind for me was Big, and although AJLT is a new show it is basically a continuation of SATC. 

Anyway, there's a blind item on the Blind Gossip site that claims that show's writers want to find a way to bring the character back to goose the show's ratings, which are abysmal. Poor ratings also says AJLT to me.

So, ghost Big? Previously unseen evil twin brother Big? Random dude who just happens to look like Big? How would you bring him back (assuming Noth isn't in jail next season)?

You said  what now?

lol. I don't think I'd trust that gossip site.

The only way I can think of is to bring in that "dream sequence"  BS and have Bi'gs death be a dream Carrie had. I don't think they'd do that because

1. the fans would never forgive making us watch multiple episodes of sad Carrie again for such a plot contrivance

and

2. they care so much about being on the right/woke/virtuous  side of today's issues that they don't care if they have to ruin SATC's role in TV history,  the principals personas  and established story lines in the process!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

I agree that the scenes of the professor without any of the main cast was a bit weird. I kept expecting Miranda to turn up too, but I don't necessarily hate it either. I just think that character needs to be more interesting to want to spend time with her and her friends. It wasn't a bad moment, it was just... yeah, weird, I guess. In the earlier series there were a few moments where Stanford got his own scenes too, but he had been built up as a character for awhile when that happened.

Thank you! You’re right about Stanford. I honestly couldn’t remember in SATC if there ever were scenes or short storylines to characters outside of the four ladies. Stanford did have scenes of his own, and mostly about his dating adventures.

8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She had to have loved Steve.  I mean look at him.  Who would be with someone like that if they weren't in love?  Just kidding.  Not really.  She was crazy about him and willing to do almost anything for him.  Everyone knows this.........  yes she sacrificed a lot in their FIRST courtship, but in their second courtship, she 100% wanted him and went for it.  She also PROPOSED MARRIAGE.  She was not trapped into that relationship for goodness sake.  SHE LEFT THE HOTTEST DOCTOR ALIVE for Steve. 

8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think this was one of the more subtle nuances of SATC. The two ladies whom we’ve long thought would have the highest standards on men and end up with their perfect match on paper didn’t end up with their respective on-paper matches. Carrie was always going to end up with Big, and Samantha, is well, Samantha.

Charlotte had her great match on-paper with Trey, like, if Charlotte could sculpt the perfect man for her and give him her preferred titled career and family background, Trey is it. But that didn’t work out. Enter her divorce lawyer, whom she was so iffy with in the beginning, totally being open about being ashamed of being seen with him, but he was her happily ever after.

I’ve always thought Miranda, with her strong personality and high-powered career, would end up with someone like her. Enter Dr. Robert, who was her theoretical perfect match. But in the end she ended up with goofy Steve, whom she willingly wanted to be with, but MPK somehow conveniently forgot. 

Yes, love fades over time for some people. The shine of finding your perfect match eventually dulls, but I had hoped that they would at least give a proper closure to that story, and not act like it never happened.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, EllenB said:

It just occurred to me that the title of this shitty reboot might be an indication that they're going to dump all the spouses. Big died (good riddance, I thought he was scum from the beginning), now there's a possible divorce in the works for Miranda and Steve, and don't forget Harry's colonoscopy! I liked Steve, but it felt like he was a nice normal guy who'd wandered into the wrong show. Same with Aidan. Harry's the only one of the nice guys who seemed to fit, because he had a strong enough personality to stand up to Charlotte's most obnoxious Princess moments, and a white collar career.

Steve stood up to Miranda plenty, including from the moment they met, he called her on her bullshit.  He wasn't her "on paper" perfect match but he matched her in other ways.  He would add in his goofiness as part of his charm but he was never weak and too nice for Miranda.  

Aidan, I agree on.  Plus, Carrie wasn't very nice to him.  Ever.  Twice.

• Love 4

Two things:

1. The whole Naya Wallace trying to have a baby subplot. Im only asking because I honestly don’t know but when women around her age can’t have children, uh, isn’t there some homespun advice that they might be doing too much? Like, I’ve heard women say they were able to get pregnant after trying once their lives calmed down. If you have a bunch of projects and other things going on, can it be that much more difficult to actually get pregnant? And I don’t just mean having time for sex. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this?

2. I wonder if the subtext to how Lily and Rose behave is that Lily, because she’s adopted and Charlotte and Harry were a wee bit younger, she’s easier to deal with than Rock. It’s giving Kardashian-Jenner vibes. The Kardashians were raised in privilege but they had to work and make nice to become the celebrities they are. Kendall and Kylie were born rich and didn’t have to work as hard and it kinda shows. Just sayin’.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Rock wanted to cut her hair and it looked like she did it herself, I really don't see Charlotte happy with the results of that cut, so many cute options, even a pixie would have looked cute, she got a bad cut.

She's 12(?), hair grows, and Charlotte needs to learn that her children's personal choices about how they look don't reflect on her. It's not a big deal. If Rock wants a "cute cut" (and I doubt she does) she/they -- has she asked that her pronoun be "they"? -- can ask mama Charlotte to take her to a very expensive salon. If Rock cut it herself I think she was going for a boyish blunt look.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Parker, Nixon, and Davis commented regarding his latest 'troubles' so I very highly doubt they would even bring him back on set.   The show already has enough trouble.

FHGIPP4XoAMW5VD.jpg

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SoWindsor said:

I hate the treatment of Steve, but I wonder if availability is part of the reason they have barely used him, since he's a regular on Chicago Fire. Maybe they should have just started the series with Steve and Miranda divorced. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Evie said:

I hate the treatment of Steve, but I wonder if availability is part of the reason they have barely used him, since he's a regular on Chicago Fire. Maybe they should have just started the series with Steve and Miranda divorced. 

That’s possible. I mean, it’s hard to have a meaningful storyline when the other actor cannot be physically in the scenes. With that said though, if they cannot get the proper screen time commitment from David, like you said, might have been better off to start them divorced already.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4

there is no way that those boxes wouldn’t have been labeled by Seema’s crew. 

They were labelled. There were full-size sheets of paper on every box, which obviously inventoried whatever was stored inside, which is what professional movers do. What was silly was that whenever Carrie cut open a box, she just reached in and pulled out an item, no packing materials, even around a breakable lamp. But that’s typical Hollywood.

The whole Naya Wallace trying to have a baby subplot. Im only asking because I honestly don’t know but when women around her age can’t have children, uh, isn’t there some homespun advice that they might be doing too much? Like, I’ve heard women say they were able to get pregnant after trying once their lives calmed down. If you have a bunch of projects and other things going on, can it be that much more difficult to actually get pregnant? And I don’t just mean having time for sex. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this?

Maybe it’s more difficult to get pregnant if one is stressed? Or if one overthinks it (which is just more stress)? I do know of more than one couple that got pregnant after adopting because they stopped obsessing about pregnancy, but I also know that assuming that “just relax” is all that’s needed is insulting to many couples dealing with infertility. Pregnancy is a crapshoot, really.

• Love 5

I would have bought Miranda’s awakening more if the show had started with Steve and Miranda divorced and newly single Miranda finding herself enamored with one of her fellow students in class. And I could have bought Steve and Miranda divorced without much explanation- people change, they’ve had issues in the past and the pandemic ended a lot of relationships. The actor playing Steve could have appeared occasionally in a co-parenting storyline as the two of them try to figure out how to deal with Brady and his disrespectful behavior with his girlfriend. As someone else pointed out, Che isn’t even that much younger than Miranda if we assume Che and Sara Ramirez are supposed to be the same age. Miranda falling for one of the younger students in her classes would have been a better setup for a middle aged lady gets shaken up by uninhibited youngster storyline. And at least Miranda would have the same interests as another student in her classes - her random attraction to Carrie’s boss is way less believable than finding herself attracted to someone over conversations about topics she feels professionally passionate about. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

I believe the TV Trope is called Cousin Oliver syndrome?  Introducing a younger, hipper, “cool” character into a long-running show to court new, younger hip viewers?

ROTFLMAO! This guy was hip and cool???

image.thumb.jpeg.3d5a9a7f1b8e0feb0d50d33aee51f833.jpeg

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

I would have bought Miranda’s awakening more if the show had started with Steve and Miranda divorced and newly single Miranda finding herself enamored with one of her fellow students in class. And I could have bought Steve and Miranda divorced without much explanation- people change, they’ve had issues in the past and the pandemic ended a lot of relationships. The actor playing Steve could have appeared occasionally in a co-parenting storyline as the two of them try to figure out how to deal with Brady and his disrespectful behavior with his girlfriend. As someone else pointed out, Che isn’t even that much younger than Miranda if we assume Che and Sara Ramirez are supposed to be the same age. Miranda falling for one of the younger students in her classes would have been a better setup for a middle aged lady gets shaken up by uninhibited youngster storyline. And at least Miranda would have the same interests as another student in her classes - her random attraction to Carrie’s boss is way less believable than finding herself attracted to someone over conversations about topics she feels professionally passionate about. 

Exactly!  See you're writing from the point of view of Miranda's, instead of Cynthia's.  It's organic and like you know the character.  LOL as if this is such a fucking radical idea!  Apparently to AJLT it is!

• Love 9