Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Lucas' Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

How does a three year old sneak out of a house?

Mine got out at that age and managed to climb very high in a magnolia tree.  Fortunately there was a painter next door who came over with a tall ladder and retrieved her.  She was a climbing nightmare.

9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Have you heard of an outfit called Lasagna Love? You sign up and someone will deliver a home made lasagna right to your door! https://www.lasagnalove.org

Great project. My daughter has participated twice with Girl Scouts and it’s a great organization. We delivered to the elderly in our community and they were much appreciative. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

This family "compound" is giving me bad vibes. It looks like the place where Jaycee Duggard was held captive for all those years.

How close is it to becoming where all those folks were taken out in Texas?

Hello Pounders!

Can't believe I am 15min late!  I was finally seeing what the hype was all about on Ted Lasso and lost track of time...and I was so engrossed, there have been no dinner eating habit!  Go figure!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

YAY!! My 12-year-old Simon had to have 8 teeth extracted today! He's a little loopy from the procedure, but he's up and walking around and eating well.

I just noticed my 3 year old cat is missing teeth and I feel horrible. I’m nervous for his upcoming vet visit. He’s going to act like a total poundpicipant on the way there too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

They're praying. I'm turning this off if a Duggar shows up.

SAME

1 minute ago, GGFan said:

Great project. My daughter has participated twice with Girl Scouts and it’s a great organization. We delivered to the elderly in our community and they were much appreciative. 

My friend called on them one time, she's a single mother with a stressful job and two kids and she hates to cook, but she wants to give them a good meal every night. She felt weird about it at first but ended up loving it and was very grateful. The person also brought her a pie! 

• Love 5
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this guy is yet another in the long line of recent patients who don’t get the surgery for one reason or another.

We should get a boredom warning at the start of the show.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

PS...I am typing one handed while trying to eat my apple with the same hand while my left thumb is wrapped in paper towels...

My SIL gave everyone one of those apples and I am just staring at it, befuddled on how to eat the damn thing.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

YAY!! My 12-year-old Simon had to have 8 teeth extracted today! He's a little loopy from the procedure, but he's up and walking around and eating well.

🐱 They are amazing..!!!  "BB" is our cat; she had all but four of her teeth extracted two years ago.  The next morning she was up wanting & eating her crunchy hard food.  If that was me, I'd still be whining about it!

Edited by String Theory
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Paper plates, always paper plates with these folks

I have a gorgeous set of china with silver rims and roses on a white background. I dust it now and then while eating from a Walmart Great Value Everyday paper plate. I just bought a new pack of 100 today because my supply was down to around 40, and I felt fearful. 

I have washed enough dishes for 79 lifetimes. The only 'real' crockery I use is my chicken mug which says "I may look calm, but in my head I've pecked you 3 times", and has a chicken in a head scarf and glasses on it. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

I'm not getting the problems with praying before meals and homeschooling. Many, I'd dare say millions of people pray before they eat and probably hundreds of thousands homeschool. It's not weird and it's not cultish.

I don't know if they have a 'compound' because of their religion, whether that is just word choice for the physical set up they have, or because they want to live together. People live in compounds all over the world. I'm pretty sure in a more rural time, many Americans had several houses and various family members living on the same acreage. We have various family members in separate living quarters on the same farm here in Iowa. It ain't weird.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Donut Bear said:

Why do these people never have sheets on their beds?? 

Going out on a limb here, but it could be because the sheets get really sweaty and the sweat irritates him.  Trust me, when it gets hot down here, one can almost be allergic to one's own sweat.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, aliya said:

I'm not getting the problems with praying before meals and homeschooling. Many, I'd dare say millions of people pray before they eat and probably hundreds of thousands homeschool. It's not weird and it's not cultish.

I don't know if they have a 'compound' because of their religion, whether that is just word choice for the physical set up they have, or because they want to live together. People live in compounds all over the world. I'm pretty sure in a more rural time, many Americans had several houses and various family members living on the same acreage. We have various family members in separate living quarters on the same farm here in Iowa. It ain't weird.

Thank you.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

9 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I just noticed my 3 year old cat is missing teeth and I feel horrible. I’m nervous for his upcoming vet visit. He’s going to act like a total poundpicipant on the way there too

but i bet you won't give in and make a lot of stops at fast food places

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They never have sheets on their beds or actual plates in their cupboards. And they all--ALL--have grotesquely mangled feet. 

They are so large that the sheets pop off of the mattress because of the square inchage of body pressing them abnormally deeply into the mattress. Even the deepest pocket sheets can't take that kind of punishment.

The feet, I avert my eyes. They ruin my appetite. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4