Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: #Streetwear

• Start Topic

In their first individual challenge, the designers take on streetwear, the most relevant and individualized style in fashion; the competitors create breakout looks to catch the eye of their cool guest judge, social media fashion icon, Wisdom Kaye.

Original air date: October 21, 2021

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Meg wouldn't  STHU!! That to me was her major flaw, and why I'm glad she and her insufferable pie-hole are outta there!

Aaron was robbed to reward Praje's sad story. 

Agree and agree.  I loved Aaron’s look last week too!

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Don't even know where to begin with the ugliness in the workroom.  If Meg has (as someone, maybe Chasity?) some unresolved biases that she didn't like confronting, maybe she will recognize them now and work on them.  Maybe Prajje, Kenneth and the white male model will do the same about their biases toward women.  And maybe Kenneth will learn how to tell mansplainers like Prajje that he can speak for himself.  And maybe Prajje will tell people like Meg who think of themselves as white saviors that he doesn't need to be saved by them, and tell them what he really does need and expect, instead of inserting himself into a situation that wasn't about him and making it about him.  Everyone involved should have handled themselves better.

🎯🎯🎯

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 6

So the winning look was very Haiti-specific. I suppose the argument could be made that the outfit could be personalized any which way, date, and painting, but selling wasn't part of the challenge. 

Quirky Colors Lady must be wondering why she was chosen for the show. 

Meg was extra hot under her collar because Christian had let her know that 50 Shades of Beige and Brown weren't going to cut it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
25 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Meg was extra hot under her collar because Christian had let her know that 50 Shades of Beige and Brown weren't going to cut it. 

Meg went full Gretchen Jones at that point. Like Gretchen, fat ass couldn’t take any constructive criticism without getting pissy about it. If someone has such thin skin, they don’t need to be in the fashion and modeling industries

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

So glad Meg left.  She was too much drama, even for this show.  And on a shallow note, she had an appalling sense of style!  What was with the dingy, poorly fitted bra under a ragged rectangle of fabric with a hole cut for her head??

A ratty bra under that square of fabric?  And this was after schooling a black man about racism.  I wanted her to STFU.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, LADreamr said:

I was glad she called out that BS. Women are never allowed to express themselves without punishment from some people, and for the most part, it goes unchecked.  She could have handled everything better, but he was definitely wrong to ask so late. If someone had expected him to give up his model so late in the challenge, I don't think it would have gone down well with him, either.

No, it wouldn't have.

And Kenneth would have bitched about it to anyone who would listen.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, GaT said:

Something about this season seems off to me, it doesn't feel like Project Runway, it feels like a show that's imitating Project Runway.

I feel the same way. I can't put my finger on why this season feels off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Katie designs for a demented Raggedy Ann. Never heard of the TikTok guy and he left no impression.

One of those looks was definitely based on a kimono, and while interesting was not street. But they will always allow something they like a pass even if it's not true to the challenge. Mimi's outfit, I don't remember which designer, it was also very cool so it also got a pass. Although the patchwork safety vest really was awful and they would never put a well made design on par with it.

I am baffled by the love for Katie's jacket.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Meg recognized at last that she was not emotionally equipped to be there & good for her. She must have a hard time with life. Once she sees herself wearing that appalling dirty looking bra on broadcast television she'll likely be mortified. And folks in OK will be merciless about it to her.

Zaydens face when he suddenly found himself between Meg and Prajje (sp) yelling at each other was priceless & hilarious! I rewound that scene 3 times the laugh I had was so good! Hope he sticks around --- funny and grounded is definitely needed.

Based on this episode I do not care for Prajje.  Found him snotty and unnecessarily mean. But the painting on his jacket was great!

I agree that   there is something off with this season. They need to restore some routine practices from previous seasons. Don't miss Karlie  tho'

I loved Kristinas look ---Asian street wear I could totally imagine in Saigon or Tokyo.  & liked seeing DD back this year. They're a great model. Always kills it when they walk.

This was a really good runway. Lots of talent this year.

Edited by BlueHawk
Forgot a sentence
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, GaT said:

Something about this season seems off to me, it doesn't feel like Project Runway, it feels like a show that's imitating Project Runway.

Time will tell for all of us couch experts, but to me this one seems BETTER than a lot of what we've had recently (the past five years), so.  We'll see?

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

That was some ugly runway.   What is it with dangly things on clothes?  This is what I get for not being young and hip and cool - the only adjectives allowed on PR.

I didn't realize the show was back and turned in for this one, lol.  I turned it off at the judges' disingenuous "something happened?  we had NO IDEA.  Oh someone, please tell us about the work room drama we didn't know about"   Sure thing, judges.

Love ya Christian but you should not have asked for the model switch.  Like that designer (sorry, first ep, don't know everyone's name) would have told you no.  He's the mentor or whatever his title is and she's gong to say no to him?  Of course not.  It set the tone going forward, though the various bullyings/dramas/meltdowns were not Christian's fault but that of the various players involved. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

Time will tell for all of us couch experts, but to me this one seems BETTER than a lot of what we've had recently (the past five years), so.  We'll see?

For me. PR really gets good when they get down to about 8 designers

Too many people right now to really see the process. Am sticking around for a bit.

Also re Meg. I think she meant no ill will or malice. She was saying (over and over) that she was an ally. I get her struggle, but she could have said it much better. 

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 12

I did not enjoy Meg at all but one thing I thought was weird was Christian telling her back at the design studio that he thought the color palette was boring essentially. Like yes, telling her at MOOD made sense because she could change her mind and switch fabric. But once you're back at the place, cutting and designing, how helpful is that critique at all. I think that added to how rattling.

I thought the overall, the argument really crystalized how things can spiral out of control with people and their various privileges (being a man vs. being a woman, black vs. white, etc.) go sort of unchecked and left to chaos.

• Love 18