Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Fishing for the Truth

• Start Topic

Jen hosts an ice fishing excursion to reunite the ladies but is blindsided when Meredith shows up to confront her about mean tweets towards Brooks. Meanwhile Whitney and Lisa see each other for the first time in months, Heather is surprised to hear Ashley won't return to the Mormon church and Jennie and Duy argue over whether to expand their family.

Air Date: 09/26/2021

Do not discuss any offseason events until they are mentioned in an episode.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

When Meredith was wearing that plunging snake print shirt, I realized what her new implants remind me of: the Community episode where they're all telling scary stories and in Troy's story, Pierce's butt is sewn onto his chest.

eca62923-a8ac-4718-9cf3-2073e938786a_screenshot.jpeg

(Please note: I don't make fun when it's something naturally occurring or beyond a person's control, but those implants are a choice.)

Edited by MerBearStare
  • LOL 18
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Jen “we’re going ice fishing. I just need your full name, phone number, email, height, weight, bra size, mother’s maiden name, first car you owned, kids’ birthdates and the last 4 digits of your social security number.”

Everyone “OK. Woohoo ice fishing!!”

Don't worry, she is not going to steal anyone's identity. She said so, and we all know that Jen is so honest. 🙄

• LOL 18
  • Love 6

Boring episode. I guess Meredith’s storyline this season is being outraged by Jen Shah for everything from Season one and tweets about Brooks. And too many scenes with everyone’s kids. Don’t care. 
Mary is weird.  Be silent while I fart. No. Just no. 

• Love 15

It’s Brooks a cast member? I don’t give a fuck about him being hurt or whatever. He wants to be bitchy to ppl but now he’s such a poor sad victim. Also Meredith is coming off homophobic to me almost.

Anyways they all kind of suck. No one to really like but I’ll keep watching.

Mary is so weird. Her son seems like delayed maybe. I don’t like Mary either she’s a little scam artist too.

New Jens husband is coming off pretty bad to me. It is actually medically dangerous for her to be pregnant and he keeps pushing it. You have 3 kids move the fuck on that’s enough.

Why were they keeping such small fish. I feel like you are supposed to throw back those small ones. I’ve never been ice fishing tho and it seems really lame lol.

Jen is such a delusional bitch.

Heather and Whitney were kind of cracking me up with their commentary.

• Love 11

Jen Shah rages so much that everyone is immune to it, yet when Meredith gets riled up being the Mama bear, Lisa jumps up and intervenes immediately.  

I think a lot of the issues we are seeing this season are fall-out from season 1 airing and people getting on social media and reacting to the show.  So, it may seem like this was all last season's problems, but they are all reacting to what they viewed on the show and its aftermath.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Saph said:

Jennie & her husband discussing having more kids: what an insultingly fake, pathetically rehearsed conversation. 🙄

I love how she said he is a doctor so he knows presumably about reproductive challenges, miscarriages and the dangers to the mother...he is a chiropractor so maybe leave the gynecology to the experts in high risk pregnancies.  Also I do not believe for one minute he really wants more children so shut up Duy, it is not your uterus.  That little girl is really something, I like that kid, she probably rules the older boys and that is adorable, that kid will be a leader.

Mary needs quiet to fart so much so she has to announce to who ever she is speaking with, I find that odd.  It was painful to watch that scene with her son barely able to form a word, I get it he is 18 but grunting on TV?  Mary, the army does not want him, they want the best of the best, he has to test well and so far a slack jawed kid who has no direction is not going to get high marks in the personality test.  He needs to think junior college or trade school.

Lisa Barlow Blazer montage was hilarious and Brooks has a more natural lip color this season.

Jenn Shah made me laugh, her impression of Meredith was funny and so unexpected from that one.

Why hair and eye color for ice fishing? Seriously, is that for identification should one become a popsicle?

7 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

When Meredith was wearing that plunging snake print shirt, I realized what her new implants

It looks like she has a very muscular chest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I continue to like everyone on the cast, even crazy Mary. This is a weird combo that works. Jennie's daughter is the breakout star of season 2. That kid is going places. Meredith seems to be engaging more this season, not asleep at the wheel. I'm interested to see what will happen of her relationship with Lisa now that it seems that there will be lines drawn in the sand. Looks like it's Jen's side and Meredith's side. 

• Love 8

Random thoughts:

Despite it all, I find Meredith to be the most genuine of the cast, the most normal and most level-headed.  What she says ... makes sense to me?  Everyone else?  Nuts, delusional and/or in-your-face camera whore.  

Lisa Barlow?  Annoying AF.

Mary?  Beyond goofy.  I don't dislike her, but she teeters ever so closely.  And how does she get away with not coming to so many group events?

New Jennie?  WORST scripted conversation with her husband of All-Time.  We all know this is a pseudo-Reality show.  But that was insulting to watch.

Heather?  She comes off 2nd best to Meredith, for me.  I don't have much more to add.

Whitney?  She doesn't say or do anything to outright make me dislike her.  LOVED the birthday cake snafoos the other week, LOL.  But she can bug the Hell out of me, too.  We know you're cute, we know you're sexy.  Downplay.

Jen Shah.  She's clearly on her Great Apology Tour.  The Calm won't last.  Just waiting for the inevitable, ridiculous explosion(s).  

And I had to laugh at the usual Housewife trope of ... Ohhh, she's (Meredith) not coming.  But WAIT!  Who's this coming out of the car? <cue melodramatic camera shots/angles>  Oh, she IS here, after all!   😏

Edited by filmfan2480
  • Love 11

If Jen has someone handling her social media and "liking" posts that shouldn't be "liked", has she fired this person yet? I would think if she wants to make amends that would be the first thing she would do.  How about taking 5 minutes out of your pathetic day and "liking" your own shit instead of paying someone else to do it. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I love how she said he is a doctor so he knows presumably about reproductive challenges, miscarriages and the dangers to the mother...he is a chiropractor so maybe leave the gynecology to the experts in high risk pregnancies.  Also I do not believe for one minute he really wants more children so shut up Duy, it is not your uterus.  That little girl is really something, I like that kid, she probably rules the older boys and that is adorable, that kid will be a leader.

Mary needs quiet to fart so much so she has to announce to who ever she is speaking with, I find that odd.  It was painful to watch that scene with her son barely able to form a word, I get it he is 18 but grunting on TV?  Mary, the army does not want him, they want the best of the best, he has to test well and so far a slack jawed kid who has no direction is not going to get high marks in the personality test.  He needs to think junior college or trade school.

Lisa Barlow Blazer montage was hilarious and Brooks has a more natural lip color this season.

Jenn Shah made me laugh, her impression of Meredith was funny and so unexpected from that one.

Why hair and eye color for ice fishing? Seriously, is that for identification should one become a popsicle?

I loved your entire post!  

Mary is embarrassed by her son eating a grilled cheese sandwich (looked scrumptious!), yet announces her toots and requires silence from  her captured audience!  And, this is the one who has the audacity to complain about hospital smell??!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If Jen has someone handling her social media and "liking" posts that shouldn't be "liked", has she fired this person yet? I would think if she wants to make amends that would be the first thing she would do.  How about taking 5 minutes out of your pathetic day and "liking" your own shit instead of paying someone else to do it. 

I doubt she is paying anyone to like or post for her, that is some BS.

Interesting we have not seen her Number One Assistant this season.

Why would any of the women give her the statistical information Jenn asked for?  Jenn didn't even have a catered lunch for the women did she?  I loved the fisherman in the background screaming, "TROUT!" or what ever fish it was, the women were oblivious.

• Love 4

I think we saw Jenn's assistant for two seconds in an earlier episode.

Too bad Mary is a criminal mastermind (allegedly). She is reality TV gold.

I kind of feel bad for Brooks. He was raised to be a coddled hothouse flower and has zero preparation for living in the real world. Also, homophobic tweets put me in his corner, or at least I've dipped a toe in.

Heather's daughter will go to college, skip classes, get pregnant, catch STDs, smoke meth....and Heather will be all "Good for you going to college and being a bad girl!"

Most of the children are sweet and well-mannered. But I struggle with them being used to humanize their thirsty parents on TV.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, MerBearStare said:

When Meredith was wearing that plunging snake print shirt, I realized what her new implants remind me of: the Community episode where they're all telling scary stories and in Troy's story, Pierce's butt is sewn onto his chest.

eca62923-a8ac-4718-9cf3-2073e938786a_screenshot.jpeg

(Please note: I don't make fun when it's something naturally occurring or beyond a person's control, but those implants are a choice.)

Yes so funny

• Love 1
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Heather's daughter will go to college, skip classes, get pregnant, catch STDs, smoke meth....and Heather will be all "Good for you going to college and being a bad girl!"

Heather is crazy wanting her kid to go to college and be "wild". Seriously, any college kid doesn't need to be told that. They will make up their own mind and hopefully do what's right. They can have fun and not go out of their minds crazy which is what is sounds like what Heather wants for her kids because she didn't have the chance when she was young. How stupid of her to suggest that. I liked Heather last season but her repeatedly going back to Jen's abuse, then this advice makes me think she has a couple of screws loose herself!

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I doubt she is paying anyone to like or post for her, that is some BS.

Interesting we have not seen her Number One Assistant this season.

Why would any of the women give her the statistical information Jenn asked for?  Jenn didn't even have a catered lunch for the women did she?  I loved the fisherman in the background screaming, "TROUT!" or what ever fish it was, the women were oblivious.

Stuart her assistant has been on both episodes. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Heather is crazy wanting her kid to go to college and be "wild". Seriously, any college kid doesn't need to be told that. They will make up their own mind and hopefully do what's right. They can have fun and not go out of their minds crazy which is what is sounds like what Heather wants for her kids because she didn't have the chance when she was young. How stupid of her to suggest that. I liked Heather last season but her repeatedly going back to Jen's abuse, then this advice makes me think she has a couple of screws loose herself!

Yeah, I'm not understanding this about Heather.  I left the mormon church 1.5 years ago and I have 3 young adult daughters, 2 of them in college.  I'm happy for them that they've also left the church, but no freaking way am I rooting for them to go out and be bad girls.  Have fun, be careful, be smart.  Don't be idiots.  She's said something like this before and I don't get it.  

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Yeah, I'm not understanding this about Heather.  I left the mormon church 1.5 years ago and I have 3 young adult daughters, 2 of them in college.  I'm happy for them that they've also left the church, but no freaking way am I rooting for them to go out and be bad girls.  Have fun, be careful, be smart.  Don't be idiots.  She's said something like this before and I don't get it.  

I think she’s thinking “harmless fun,” otherwise yeah nooo don’t tell your kids to go out and be good-time-girls.  No one should advise that! I was a crazy fun girl in college and I’m lucky I made it out alive, for real.

Re: BrooKS MarKS- I can’t stand him but no one should be made fun of for their sexuality in any respect, especially on Twitter and especially by a grown adult.  

Also - speaking of BrooKS, I believe it’s in the scenes for next episode but does anyone know where I can find the coat he’s wearing?  It has fur trim (I only want it if it’s fake), and the fur is different colors.  I don’t see it on bigblondehair.  

• Love 10
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

This. Hire a different person Or, supervise. How busy could you possibly be during covid times that you need your social media managed? 

I don't really believe her anyway. Someone that into themselves gets notified of mentions and whatnot, and there can't be they many. She knows what she's putting out there. 

I don't get what the scene at Meredith's house was supposed to be. Did a bunch of guys and Mary come over to watch Meredith try things on? Were the guys potential customers? They didn't seem all that interested, but we didn't see much of them. 

Jennie's daughter is the precocious kid from every 90s sitcom, and I love that. 

This drama entertains me, but I think I need them to switch it up in a week or two. Only so much I can watch grown ups fight about Twitter (has anything good come from Twitter?). 

• Love 11

Why is Brooks always with his mama? Isn’t he in school or designing or something? Also I hate to say this but while I agree with Meredith that Jen shouldn’t have retweeted tweets about Brooks, I’m tired of hearing about it and she’s just calling more attention to it. Jens never going to be fully remorseful about anything because she’s not a normal person. I do get Meredith being pissed at Lisa for kissing Jens ass for no reason. 
Mary is so weird. Her interactions with her son and the rare interactions with other cast members are odd. People seek her out to guide their faith?
I don’t care for Jennie but her kids are cute. I think they edited out something her husband said about having more kids. Like maybe he suggested a surrogate or something he use for him to want her to have more naturally after 9 miscarriages seems cruel.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

I don't get what the scene at Meredith's house was supposed to be. Did a bunch of guys and Mary come over to watch Meredith try things on? Were the guys potential customers? They didn't seem all that interested, but we didn't see much of them. 

Thank you, I thought I was the only confused about why she had a rack of clothes in her living room and champagne...is this something we should all do, invite a random group of people to our homes, serve them booze and nibbles and show everyone our wardrobes, also, hugging each one as though we have not seen each other in years as they enter our homes.

All the hugging and kissing upon seeing each other (all HW's do it), oh geeze you just saw each other then said shit about each other on camera, stop the fake hugging already, can't you just say "hi" and let that be enough?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Also I hate to say this but while I agree with Meredith that Jen shouldn’t have retweeted tweets about Brooks, I’m tired of hearing about it and she’s just calling more attention to it.

Jen's not even retweeting it, though. She's just liking the tweets, which means Meredith and Brooks have to go to her Twitter profile and then go to Likes to see it; it's not just showing up in their feed for them to see. Not to sound like I'm defending Jen, because I hate Jen, but Meredith and Brooks are actively seeking this out. Jen shouldn't be liking the tweets, but this is also way easier to ignore than a retweet. 

I get that Brooks is a "22-year-old child" 🙄🙄🙄 but he's old enough to know that when you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Meredith is never going to get what she wants from Jenn because Jenn is going to keep deflecting and lying and screaming "what about meeeeee!" anytime someone brings up something she did. She has Lisa and now Heather back on her side which is why she feels comfortable mocking Meredith and not really caring about owning up to liking the tweets. If she was on the outs with the whole cast, she would be apologizing. I actually want Meredith to not give in and hold Jenn's feet to the fire because it seems like nobody else (so far) will do that. Heather already caved to her.

Mary is just so odd. I'm honestly not trying to be snarky but is there something wrong with Robert Jr? He just seems...idk, off. 

• Love 4
On 9/27/2021 at 12:18 AM, Marley said:

It’s Brooks a cast member? I don’t give a fuck about him being hurt or whatever. He wants to be bitchy to ppl but now he’s such a poor sad victim. Also Meredith is coming off homophobic to me almost.

Ha, I keep saying that sh'e's not as mad at the homophobia but she's mad at the foregone conclusion that her son is gay.  The machinations each episode tell me that she wants to believe he's just experimenting and will realize he likes those horrible vaginas after al!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

As others have posted, I think she just wants them to experience the *normal* stuff that college kids do as opposed to the completely repressive lifestyle of Mormonism.

There is quite a bit of difference between having sex indiscriminately with numerous sex partners and not remaining a virgin. Mormons are supposed to be chaste until marriage and I don't think most *normal* parents would expect their children to be celibate until they are married. Especially since most parents would hope that their children don't get married until they have some actual life experiences and imposing artificial celibacy on young adults is probably going to lead to marriages at an early age because having sex is pretty normal for young adults.

• Love 5

Oh Jennie is trying way too hard to insert herself, she made the fishing fight seems cringey.   No one needed her to step in.

Last week on WWHL Andy asked Meredith if she tipped the feds off and she just says "I said don't mess with my family" and doesn't deny it or even try to laugh like it's a joke.   Her walk off the ice makes me think that she might.  I don't know.

The producers give Jen such funny edits.  They must have hours of content on her but they pick out all her most glorious and incriminating statements and I love it!!!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, amarante said:

As others have posted, I think she just wants them to experience the *normal* stuff that college kids do as opposed to the completely repressive lifestyle of Mormonism.

I totally agree, she wants her daughter to have a normal college experience.

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Brooks is 22 and hasn't come out yet? This isn't the 60's! 

Coming out is a complicated and personal decision.  Everyone's schedule is different.

• Love 13

Boring episode, I'm already over Meredith and Brooks storyline.  IDC if he comes out or not he's just an annoying little snot and I FF through all that's family's scenes.  Meredith sounds like a parrot *BRAWK Don't mess with my family, BRAWK Brooks, Brooks, Brooks, BRAWK gimme a cracker*

I unfortunately hit play just as Mary had to announce her fart.  Girl please I'm so tired of you as well.  Do something entertaining already.

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, amarante said:

There is quite a bit of difference between having sex indiscriminately with numerous sex partners and not remaining a virgin. Mormons are supposed to be chaste until marriage and I don't think most *normal* parents would expect their children to be celibate until they are married. Especially since most parents would hope that their children don't get married until they have some actual life experiences and imposing artificial celibacy on young adults is probably going to lead to marriages at an early age because having sex is pretty normal for young adults.

I've actually heard Heather say (can't remember if it was a podcast or on the reunion show) that she wanted her daughters to have indiscriminate sex.  That's why I don't understand her. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Heather and her kid are giving me Eddy Monsoon and Saffy from AbFab vibes in the way Heather is desperate for her daughter to be wild lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Wow, Mary is really something out of the ordinary. From the scenes making the final edit she rarely demonstrates anything that could be described as being normal interactions with others. I'm hoping her kid's behavior is simply due to him being uncomfortable in front on production while the cameras are rolling.  

What normal couple signs on for a fluff show like this and right out of the gate begins to have personal "discussions" about each being on opposite sides of having another child.  If it is for real, it is too much, if it is fake for the sake manufacturing being interesting for the camera it is pathetic.  No winning scenario here.

Until there is an official Real Offspring of the Real Housewives show there has been too much Brooks, both on camera and off, this season.

Meredith's shoulders in that blazer during her fashion party reminded me of: 

deliveryService?id=NMAH-ET2009-25302-000

• LOL 11
13 hours ago, ichbin said:

Wow, Mary is really something out of the ordinary. From the scenes making the final edit she rarely demonstrates anything that could be described as being normal interactions with others. I'm hoping her kid's behavior is simply due to him being uncomfortable in front on production while the cameras are rolling.  

What normal couple signs on for a fluff show like this and right out of the gate begins to have personal "discussions" about each being on opposite sides of having another child.  If it is for real, it is too much, if it is fake for the sake manufacturing being interesting for the camera it is pathetic.  No winning scenario here.

Until there is an official Real Offspring of the Real Housewives show there has been too much Brooks, both on camera and off, this season.

Meredith's shoulders in that blazer during her fashion party reminded me of: 

deliveryService?id=NMAH-ET2009-25302-000

"I saw it in the window and just had to have it".....

• LOL 10

Here's the thing.

Brooks and all the other adult kids are on this show by choice. Mommy wants them there, they want to be there. So, anything and everything that happens is a direct result of inserting yourself (or child) on a relatively stupid reality show. 

Therefore, if your feelings are hurt, keep your fucking son off the fucking camera. I do not care if he is gay, or bi or experimenting with gender roles. I just don't care. I am good with all of that. Do you, Brooksie. But, if your son is on MY tv week after week, on a TV show about housewives, yet he IS Meredith's story line. Oh well. You take the blame, not me. And,  Good, I am glad he saw a vagina.  

Lisa Barlow is disgusting. I can not find one thing about her to like. She is not funny or smart or quick in any way. When she opens that mouth of hers, I cringe from her vocal fry. Thankfully we see less of her kids.

Mary, Mary quite contrary.  You are an odd duck, aren't you?? Her poor son. I get the vibe that he does not want to be part of this production, yet Momma Bear is making it law. Therefore, he cowers and speaks softly and eats his grilled cheese like I would expect him to. Someone save Robert Jr. Or better yet, maybe he and Brooks will start a whirlwind relationship and be found fucking in that gorgeous scenery.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I do no know the sexuality of the offending tweeters, but some of the most homophobic comments I've heard come from my gay friends who routinely call a effeminate gay men "twinks."  (Not to their faces of course!).  

The tweets are horrible of course as is a cast member liking them.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2021 at 10:49 AM, Fig Newton said:

Therefore, if your feelings are hurt, keep your fucking son off the fucking camera. I do not care if he is gay, or bi or experimenting with gender roles. I just don't care. I am good with all of that. Do you, Brooksie. But, if your son is on MY tv week after week, on a TV show about housewives, yet he IS Meredith's story line. Oh well. You take the blame, not me. And,  Good, I am glad he saw a vagina.  

Lisa Barlow is disgusting. I can not find one thing about her to like. She is not funny or smart or quick in any way. When she opens that mouth of hers, I cringe from her vocal fry. Thankfully we see less of her kids.

Agree on both points. If BrookS MarkS and Meredith Marks are soooo offended about tweets, get that “child” off the damn screen! 

Agree that Lisa is lame and also irrelevant. She just has nothing in her personality worth watching. What about her tagline, “you don’t have to like me, I love myself enough for both of us”. Ewww.
I’m so over these women that say they never cook. It’s not that hard to learn some easy dishes but just eat Taco Bell every night instead Lisa. Cool! 👍🏼

This show honestly is almost unwatchable. I don’t know what it is but it is the most stilted, scripted, cheesy, no-storyline Real Housewives ever. Un-relatable cast. And the creepy background music. 

Whitney was naturally cute and sexy. Now she’s trying too hard and turning into Lala. 

Mary is a freak. I think her son just felt uncomfortable on camera. I like that better than those kids who are thirsty AF (cough, cough, Brooks). 

Jen is full of shit, she doesn’t hire anyone for her Twitter! LMAO! 

That said, Meredith’s melodramatic catwalk across the ice in her white pants and then spitting and sputtering about Jen’s “deflecting” and how she “wouldn’t stand for it!” was comedy gold. These people are so geeky somehow, lolz. Hilarious! 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 5

The interaction between Mary and her son makes me think that Mary doesn’t spend much time with him at all. Now that Robert Sr. is “trapped” in Florida, she’s roped in Junior to be her conversational foil. The saying grace over lunch was entirely performative. If this was a regular activity in their house, he would know the three to four sentence grace without being cued.

Merideth’s entrance unto the ice killed me. It was supposed to be this dramatic reveal “ooh, Merideth is here after all!” But because the party was so far off shore, they just awkwardly watched her walk across the snow for ten minutes. It’s like when someone tries to slam the door when they leave, but the door has air hinges, so instead of slamming shut, it just slowly closes with a “pffffffffffffft.”

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 9/28/2021 at 5:33 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Why is Brooks always with his mama? Isn’t he in school or designing or something? 

I'm pretty sure he actually left school to live at home and be a "friend of" on his mom's RH show.  Their dynamic is creepy.

On 10/9/2021 at 3:17 PM, NYCFree said:

Merideth’s entrance unto the ice killed me. It was supposed to be this dramatic reveal “ooh, Merideth is here after all!” But because the party was so far off shore, they just awkwardly watched her walk across the snow for ten minutes. It’s like when someone tries to slam the door when they leave, but the door has air hinges, so instead of slamming shut, it just slowly closes with a “pffffffffffffft.”

Haha remember Jerry Seinfeld's bit about how undramatic it is to hang up angrily on a cell phone? 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1