Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: A Tale of Two Accidents

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, TomGirl said:

Just checked out Dorit’s wedding gown website, where the “Angel” dress is described as follows:

“Our design showcases our traditional glass corset which accentuates the hourglass figure. this beautiful gown is custom made to measure, dripping in french beaded lace and a lavish decedent finish.”

Gee, do you think she meant “decadent”?  Or is there really a lavish DEAD PERSON finish on the dress?  Sheesh!

😳😂😂😂

Priceless!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Sutton was smart she would just let Erika be, let her tell all the wild tales she wants and sooner or later people will all see the truth about the lies and see how much BS Erika has been spewing. In the end Erika will look like a fool to everyone.

Yeah, maybe respond with a simple, noncommittal, casually dismissive, “OK” or “if you say so.” People seem to hate that! That and, if they’re freaking out, “…if it means that much to you” in an equally unfazed tone.

Or this route:

image.png.a9b43c5b334cce26ab766654165f74f8.png

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TomGirl said:

Just checked out Dorit’s wedding gown website, where the “Angel” dress is described as follows:

“Our design showcases our traditional glass corset which accentuates the hourglass figure. this beautiful gown is custom made to measure, dripping in french beaded lace and a lavish decedent finish.”

Gee, do you think she meant “decadent”?  Or is there really a lavish DEAD PERSON finish on the dress?  Sheesh!

She speaks 4 languages, but stupid in all of them.

the gowns were pretty standard, except for the fixation on thigh-high slits.  I give her a bit of credit for the fact that the real designer’s name is part of the company name (though second).  I imagine their conversations as Dorit saying “I envision something sexy in white” “wouldn’t pearls be lovely” “what would an actress wear?”  And the real designer looks for something she’s already designed, makes a few changes and — there it is!

oh lord, went to the website.  For the “actress” dress they say it’s “classy.”  Nothing says classy like a couple of photos of a woman’s butt.  For another there is this sentence “there is 180 yards…”. Hmmm, “are”?

they also show “celebrities” who have worn the gowns…. Mostly bravo folks.  Paul Nassif’s 2nd wedding (complete with really large, tacky sign) and that obnoxious couple from the LA realtors show - except didn’t they get married long before Dorit started “designing” wedding dresses?  Guess that proves these are all someone else’s designs.  I’m more surprised that a designer therefore must have decided there was a financial benefit to letting Dorit play wedding designer.

Edited by Mrs peel
New thoughts, then saw a typo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

And also, once again, all of the men but especially PK made me laugh with their fear of dealing with the women while they are arguing. It's disconcerting to find PK actually humorous. 

It would be interesting if PK confronted Erika about her attitude towards the lawsuits. He has experience dealing with bankruptcies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, QQQQ said:

The name of Dorit's line is a hybrid of necrophilia and cafeteria. Maybe her demographic is freaky lunch ladies.

Actually, Nektaria Georgys is the designer whose company is carrying Dorit's gowns.  We saw her on the call with Dorit.

Listening to PK (and Mauricio) talk about Tom's accident made me laugh harder than I have in awhile.  I rewound that scene just to laugh some more.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

This seems on brand for Kyle- she wants to get the trouble started, but appear innocent and supportive.  This has been going on for years and it is the same thing she accused LVP of doing.  

Eh, the difference to me is that LVP was clearly NOT having similar conversations on camera.  Kyle is having them on camera and she's also giving talking heads. I suspect LVP was doing a lot of the same things in terms of stirring the pot, but she was also careful to not do a lot of it on camera, so she always had plausible deniability. While I don't love it when Kyle stirs the pot, I do think that there is a material difference in that viewers CAN see that she's doing it and can make judgments about her. We were often not afforded the same privilege from LVP because she was manipulating stuff off camera.

Anyway, I suspect that Erika knew that she was losing Kyle long before the reunion, which is why we started seeing those stories about how Erika was mad at Kyle, etc. for saying stuff "behind her back."  Like all narcissists, Erika will turn on anyone who questions her story, no matter how crazy those stories are, and IMO it was pretty apparent that Kyle wasn't buying everything that Erika was trying to sell last night. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Dementia-addled Tom confronted burglars which exacerbated his glaucoma which required him going in for eye -- no, brain -- no, ankle -- surgery. And then the son, who was the only person who could check on Tom, on the way home flips his car 6 times in a freak snowstorm (maybe he lives off the Grapevine?). Guessing Erika thought after these latest woe-is-me tales, anyone who crossed her would come across like a heartless bitch. Would explain her smugness at Door-it's: "Let's see who'd dare challenge me now and bring up the son."

I'll always loathe Door-it or Pique after their bullshit remarks about Eileen being "unfair" to LVP by failing to disclose the recent deaths in her family prior to the reunion and their overall pigheadedness in their early seasons. Fortunately Door-it never fails to disappoint in being a waffling, hypocritical, pretentious, moronic asshole. Translate that into four languages. And it's pretty ballsy of her husband to make multiple mentions of his bankruptcy. Might wanna keep your financial situations on the DL. Could have used some Camille right about now.

Lisa's not even trying to hide her disdain for Garcelle. She must have really thought Garcelle would have been leaping for a chance at a reconciliation by now.

Zero chance Kathy doesn't know who Bernie Sanders is. I'm sure she was right there with Sutton dreading the prospects of his presidency at that time the prior year. Just more of her weak attempt to play the kooky neighbor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Garcelle may be expecting some sort of reality from these on camera relationships, she is too smart for this level of BS for the cameras.

Kathy's spa day was hilarious, this woman shows up with whatever oils and creams and tells them that everything is infused with Reiki and the women nod in agreement like oh yeah, Reiki infusion, hilarious.

Erika is approaching some sort of delusional, mental break with all these tales she tells. Now her son too has rolled his car due to the snow in Malibu, how much snow does Malibu get that driving could be treacherous?  Seriously, Erika cannot really think anyone believes her bullshit.  Tom's house has a gate and an alarm system but yet someone gets in and he is home alone, the now addled brained elderly man has nobody staying with him?  How far can Erika's son live from LA if he is an LA policeman, he lives so north of LA it snows?

I've known a couple of entertainment industry guys the live in Frazier Park where it snows and they commute to the studios and filming locations around the Valley and LA. Pasadena and LA are both about 75 miles from there. Doable if you like rocky mountains that look more deserty than green and lush with some winter weather and cheaper home prices. There also can be snow and fog on the Grapevine going out to the Bakersfield area so somewhere out there maybe. The snowy vacation areas of Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear seem a bit to far at 90 miles. That's all that come to mind. I've lived around the area all my life and have seen snow maybe twice for a couple of minutes but nothing that stuck to the ground. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, bencr said:

Erika's story about her son's rollover seemed so implausible that I had to look up the statistics. Here's what I found:

"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 7,600 people in the U.S. suffer fatal injuries in rollover crashes. In recent years, this number has accounted for 35 percent of reported traffic fatalities, despite the fact that only two percent of motor vehicle accidents are classified as rollover accidents."

So you're about 20 times more likely to die in a rollover accident than a regular car accident. And I have to assume that the vast majority of rollover accidents involve flipping over ONCE.

And so we are meant to believe that Erika's son flipped his car over FIVE TIMES, and he walked away just fine. No neck injuries, no broken bones, no whiplash.

Uh, no.

It’s just as believable as her story about old man Tom driving off the cliff.

It’s just still mind-boggling to me, a day later, why she’s passing off these fantastical stories off as truth. This would be a great leg-pull under any other circumstances, or if it were April 1. 

Is this a new legal dodge she’s trying out? Because she sure as hell doesn’t sound “in compos mentis” to me, as the legal beagles would say.

In any event, it’s clear the Girardi menfolk are hazards behind the wheel, and the California DMV should look into revoking their licenses before anyone really gets hurt.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

have seen snow maybe twice for a couple of minutes but nothing that stuck to the ground. 

Yeah I can believe in snow in California, but I have real difficulty believing that the ground anywhere outside the mountains is cold enough for anything to stick much less freeze once it does, but sure let's pretend her son lives 75 miles away from LA as a cop who was until most recently living in that Pasadena mansion. The thing is LA canyon/hill driving is crazy anyway and I'd believe anyone could flip a car. But not your husband doing so three years ago and then your son doing so the *very same night* your husband has ankle-brain surgery after confronting robbers. And what the fuck house was broke ass Tom burgled in? Also what the fuck does his glaucoma have to do with anything. She's like a distracting tragedy mad lib.

• LOL 14
  • Love 9

read that Andy claims Erika answered everything during the reunion.

Well we know what this show's standard of truth is: Erika said it! Why would Erika LIE? How could you cast such aspersions on the greatest truth teller of our times. 

As much as I love Garcelle, I don't want her to stay on the show and deal with these assholes any more, spin her and Sutton off and add Jennifer Tilly and one of Garcelle's besties, and Denise. 90's Actresses of Beverly Hills. And Also Sutton Stracke. 

• Like 1
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, blixie said:

Well we know what this show's standard of truth is: Erika said it! Why would Erika LIE? How could you cast such aspersions on the greatest truth teller of our times. 

As much as I love Garcelle, I don't want her to stay on the show and deal with these assholes any more, spin her and Sutton off and add Jennifer Tilly and one of Garcelle's besties, and Denise. 90's Actresses of Beverly Hills. And Also Sutton Stracke. 

Yes! I like Garcelle and Sutton too much to want them to deal with the others. Ali Landry would be great to add on!

• Love 8

I can't stand Rinna so I didn't buy her whole "I can't walk up these stairs" schtick. As usual she is trying way too hard. She claims she'll speak up when she sees an injustice. The widows, orphans and Mr. Ruigomez beg to differ.

It boggles the mind that these women hear these stories and somehow still believe her. It boggles the mind that with everything that has come out about Erika and Tom, they still believe her. Kyle is dumb or she is terrified of Erika. Or both. 

So I wonder if Kyle and Dorit are going to "be honest" and tell Erika they were talking about her? And that their husbands were laughing at her ridiculous story. I wonder how Sutton will feel watching that and seeing that they don't believe the lies either but will still make her out to be the bad guy because she dared to question it.

• Love 20
15 hours ago, princelina said:

Because now she's the HBOC 😄

Is that in anyone else's mind besides hers though?

Has Erika always taken her deportment lessons from Jessica Rabbit?  Always with the downward, sideways glances.  

Crystal, the Queen of the Humble Brag.  Frugal, foogal, rugal, whatever,  my ass.

I wonder if Dorit considers her unidentifiable accent one of her four languages.

I like Garcelle, but she needs to up the hair game.  Those numerous bobby pins have got to go.  

As someone mentioned upthread somewhere regarding Kathy's claimed lack of knowledge regarding national politics, I don't find her dottiness, real or manufactured, to be as endearing as most based upon comments here and elsewhere. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

I used to loathe him, but I have to admit that I actually LOVE PEE KAY (aka Pig K) now!  Never thought I'd say that!  

Not sure why they all treat Erika with kid gloves.  Does Andy have some special relationship with her that they're afraid to be axed if they fall out of favor with her?  She really isn't well known or popular with the general public.  Are they really that afraid of her vicious attacks?  

I would have loved for Sutton to ask what Erika could possibly threaten her with.  She has no power or pull as far as I can see.

Erika's story is good for ratings even though it is horrible for victims. . It's much more entertaining than previous seasons of pantygate, dog dumping gate, & Denise & Brandi Glanville.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Andi27 said:

I know nothing about LA/Pasadena, but how 'far out' would her son have to live to be driving through snow (and yet be the closest contact for Tom when he's having a medical emergency)?

I thought Tom has children.  Where are they?  As a cop, Erika’s son should not get involved.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I wonder if the money for that young man's skin grafts went to pay for Tom's eye surgery?

I keep watching the story on Hulu and hate Erika more and more.  She is Heartless.  I hope all monies from her go to the victims and she’s left penniless.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, dmeets said:

It's actually comical how every time Erika relays her life to the women, she has to tack on at least a half dozen "oh but then"s to maximize the drama.

"He got in an accident. Oh but then he flipped his car 6 times. Oh but then he was unconscious for 12 hours. Oh but then I was the one who found him. Oh but then he's been in cognitive decline ever since. Oh but then he's been cheating all along."

"Burglars broke into Tom's house. Oh but then he fought them off. Oh but then he has glaucoma. Oh but then the stress triggered something with his brain and he needed to go to the hospital. Oh but then my son was the only person nearby who could check on him. Oh but then he flipped his car 6 times. Someone called me at 3, oh but I didn't hear about it until 6."

Then cue shocked faces from Kyle and Door-it.

It's just so blatant that it's bullshit. How does the same woman who flew off the handle at a figure of speech about her son, react to an actual supposed near-death experience he had with a "guuurl you don't even realize the week I've had. S'cool though."

Oh .. that was excellent.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, TomGirl said:

Somebody relied too heavily on spell check when writing copy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

When Rinna laughs at her own jokes in her THs, she reminds me of Madam the puppet.

Also, she looked like a Velveeta fondant C-3PO at the facial party.

Madam the puppet has much more depth than Rinna... not to mention loyalty, integrity and class!

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Josette said:

Actually, Nektaria Georgys is the designer whose company is carrying Dorit's gowns.  We saw her on the call with Dorit.

Listening to PK (and Mauricio) talk about Tom's accident made me laugh harder than I have in awhile.  I rewound that scene just to laugh some more.

Oops, my bad! I thought it was the name PK came up 😅

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I can't stand Rinna so I didn't buy her whole "I can't walk up these stairs" schtick. As usual she is trying way too hard. She claims she'll speak up when she sees an injustice. The widows, orphans and Mr. Ruigomez beg to differ.

It boggles the mind that these women hear these stories and somehow still believe her. It boggles the mind that with everything that has come out about Erika and Tom, they still believe her. Kyle is dumb or she is terrified of Erika. Or both. 

So I wonder if Kyle and Dorit are going to "be honest" and tell Erika they were talking about her? And that their husbands were laughing at her ridiculous story. I wonder how Sutton will feel watching that and seeing that they don't believe the lies either but will still make her out to be the bad guy because she dared to question it.

I'm pretty sure they do not believe her, especially after seeing that couples dinner - the one candid, unscripted, genuine moment on this show.   They do not believe her but are pretending to for the cameras.  So, it's actually worse than if they believed her.   They know; they just don't care about the victims and would rather support Erika.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, dmeets said:

"He got in an accident. Oh but then he flipped his car 6 times. Oh but then he was unconscious for 12 hours. Oh but then I was the one who found him. Oh but then he's been in cognitive decline ever since. Oh but then he's been cheating all along."

"Burglars broke into Tom's house. Oh but then he fought them off. Oh but then he has glaucoma. Oh but then the stress triggered something with his brain and he needed to go to the hospital. Oh but then my son was the only person nearby who could check on him. Oh but then he flipped his car 6 times. Someone called me at 3, oh but I didn't hear about it until 6."

6C3583C2-492F-42C3-A0DD-715BCEAE88AF.jpeg

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, blixie said:

I totally agree with this. Garcelle and Sutton deserve much better than these harpies. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Mar said:

You know what hurt my heart, Rinna? What you did to Denise last year.

81396432-822E-4EC2-8A40-9C8420193F1A.jpeg

Just…ugh. Stop with the pretending that you care for anybody but yourself. You, as one example, were enjoying that fight between Garcelle and Dorit, sitting next to your bestie Erika. Speaking of whom….why aren’t you demanding answers from Erika the way you hounded Yolanda and poor Denise? Where’s your “own it” BS this year?

And Rinna, your “style” here? I’m reminded of some drunk Don Draper met in a cocktail bar on Mad Men. Not a good look.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

It’s just as believable as her story about old man Tom driving off the cliff.

It’s just still mind-boggling to me, a day later, why she’s passing off these fantastical stories off as truth. This would be a great leg-pull under any other circumstances, or if it were April 1. 

Is this a new legal dodge she’s trying out? Because she sure as hell doesn’t sound “in compos mentis” to me, as the legal beagles would say.

In any event, it’s clear the Girardi menfolk are hazards behind the wheel, and the California DMV should look into revoking their licenses before anyone really gets hurt.

If Toonces was driving Tom over cliffs, I think I found who was driving Erika's  son...D474A870-3FE5-45D6-86B1-96C480218543.gif.619d5a0d64eb2858e6d12ad0ae6f5627.gif

Their car insurance rates must be sky high with all that rolling, cliff launching and being shot from cannons in them and all.

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, BluishGreen said:

The Reunion will be a lot of soft ball questions and pats on the shoulder for poor EJ.  That's  evident by that fact photos of the Reunion show Erika in the prime seat, next to AC, and Sutton is at the  very end of the row.... so she has no support around her.

Whatever Andy really thinks about Erika, he is going to kiss her ass and pray she will come back next year.  Erika’s sordid storyline brought back viewers.  Money is his bottom line as well as Erikas.  I feel dirty even watching but not enough to stop.  I want to see Erika get what’s coming to her.

CA31FB8D-E982-45DA-8396-5F4E9BF7717F.jpeg

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, byrd said:

thought Erika said Lake Tahoe?  Oh Erick what a web we are spinning !   I have to admit all of this sounds unbelievable. 

It actually does snow here, in the higher elevations. It depends how far up Erica's son lives. He's a cop, but I don't know if he's LAPD. Although that wouldn't stop him from living outside of LA. There's a fire captain in the LAFD who's now famous for an anti-vax rant who lives in Texas, but is employed by LA. 

I'd love to know how he manages that!

But, sure, it snows in the foothills. It's not uncommon in some of the cooler months to see the weather people talking about snow at 2,000-4,000 feet when we have rain down here in the flats.

• Useful 5