Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Fight For Love

• Start Topic

Jenny, maybe explore the world of the Hare Krishna. It probably isn’t a good idea to tell the dude who runs the temple that you are only looking for a visa to stay in India because you don’t want to leave and come back every 6 months and that your fiancé is stringing you along and is too much of a coward to stand up to his parents and marry you. He wants his cake and to eat it too.

Kenny, it is understandable to b a bit homesick and miss your family. Part of it is also Covid and that travel is blocked.

Ellie, are you sure that you can even travel to Providencia a couple of days after it is recovering from a Cat. 5 hurricane?

The hour special was a summary of last season’s 90 Days Bares All. Ugh. Although we did see Mike and Caesar eating cabbage rolls (they are made with rice and  ot noodles) and headcheese/aspic/jellied pork hocks. Shaun, Ukrainian food is not that weird.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Jenny, maybe explore the world of the Hare Krishna. It probably isn’t a good idea to tell the dude who runs the temple that you are only looking for a visa to stay in India because you don’t want to leave and come back every 6 months and that your fiancé is stringing you along and is too much of a coward to stand up to his parents and marry you. He wants his cake and to eat it too.

Kenny, it is understandable to b a bit homesick and miss your family. Part of it is also Covid and that travel is blocked.

Ellie, are you sure that you can even travel to Providencia a couple of days after it is recovering from a Cat. 5 hurricane?

The hour special was a summary of last season’s 90 Days Bares All. Ugh. Although we did see Mike and Caesar eating cabbage rolls (they are made with rice and  ot noodles) and headcheese/aspic/jellied pork hocks. Shaun, Ukrainian food is not that weird.

LOL truly Jenny, do you not realize you’re just telling the Hare Krishnas you are there for the totally 💯 wrong reason?  Why do you not understand that?  But I guess you did end up moving to India to be with your catfisher so I shouldn’t have any expectation of normal thought process!

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

We got Kenny driving in his car, crying, and it wasn't a flashback of his first season.  His daughter rode shotgun, making the same crying faces.  They were in stereo, and there was no Truffles.  Of course, Kenny had a lame secret that he hid from Armando.  

Jenny was disrespectful to the Hare Krishna devotees - in their temple - with her blatant ulterior motive for the ISKON visa.  I don't think that the spiritual vibration she felt from chanting convinced her that she found her religion.  She was acting polite, before she went back to the man to pursue that visa.  Jenny must have had to carry the "convert to a scary, weird religion" storyline to get another season, or because they couldn't film SteVen and Alina in the Mormon temple.  Or, Sumit came up with the idea so that he can harvest Jenny's organs.

The 90 Days Bares All portion should repel new subscribers: Big Ed on the prowl with specifications for new victims, Angela in that dumb bandit mask, shouting down Usman, Andrrrrei and Libby performing Libby's failed comedy act.  It's amazing that Shaun Robinson can host 1000 variations of the same dreck and be more annoying in each one.

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, endure said:

LOL truly Jenny, do you not realize you’re just telling the Hare Krishnas you are there for the totally 💯 wrong reason?  

It reminded me of when Kramer was going to convert to Latvian Orthodox and when the priest asked him what "drew him to the religion" his answer was, "Ummm...I like...the hats." 

• LOL 17
  • Love 4

Jenny faking wanting to be an ISKCON missionary to stay in India longer is despicable.    

Kenny is homesick, entirely understandable, but another storyline.   It looks like his kids visit pretty regularly.  

Ellie's entire relationship with Victor is a huge mistake.   I bet she'll be shocked when he cheats over and over.

Ari is horrible.   You know she'll be running home to Mommy and Daddy, and some McMansion in NJ at the first excuse.   I think she's only pretending to have any relationship with Bini, or claiming to want to stay in Ethiopia, for the fame of being on TV.   Too bad she doesn't understand it's hatewatching when it comes to her.   I had to laugh at her shock when Bini's ex showed up looking like a million bucks, and Ari looked awful. 

Evelin, don't care what the big secret is.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Thanks to MrBuhbye for setting up the thread. I was watching the last season of Lucifer and the Amazon prime doc LuLaRich.

Saw the 20 minute preview.

I want Jenny to become a Krishna just for shits and giggles. She won't qualify anyways.  I wiki the Krishnas and found that during initiation (diksha) ISKCON devotees vow to follow four basic rules and regulations such as:

to follow a lacto-vegetarian krishna prasadam diet,
to not consume any intoxicants (alcohol, cigarettes or drugs),
to not gamble, and
to not engage in 'illicit sex' (i.e. any sexual activity that is not procreational in nature within the context of marriage).

I can't see Jenny giving up meat, wine and her relationship with Summit is considered "illicit".

I don't really care about Ellie.

Kenny is just producing storyline. His daughter knows to cry on her mark like he does.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, MelinaBallerina said:

I've got this season in the queue, but haven't started watching yet.  Is the Jordan couple done?  I'm totally blanking on their names.

Yeah Brittany went on The Single Life.  Yazan is on PT with the interpreter gently mocking her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ah, I'm assuming this gem is on Discovery + this morning, so I shall be heading out to the living room shortly to watch these people make fools of themselves shortly.  I haven't watched the preview so it will be all glorious new bullshit for me today.

Happy Sunday, fellow posters 🥂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Jenny has turned from just being a fool to being a totally despicable human being.  She and Sumit deserve each other.

That temple representative saw right through her ruse.  Of course they have standards, Jenny, unlike you who have none.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 19
18 hours ago, greekmom said:

I want Jenny to become a Krishna just for shits and giggles. She won't qualify anyways.  I wiki the Krishnas and found that during initiation (diksha) ISKCON devotees vow to follow four basic rules and regulations such as:

to follow a lacto-vegetarian krishna prasadam diet,
to not consume any intoxicants (alcohol, cigarettes or drugs),
to not gamble, and
to not engage in 'illicit sex' (i.e. any sexual activity that is not procreational in nature within the context of marriage).

I can't see Jenny giving up meat, wine and her relationship with Summit is considered "illicit".

This would be hilarious.  I think they threw this in just for the laughs, but I think it is a red herring.  I don't see it happening.

Edited to add:  It is pretty insulting to a religion to say you want to join just to get to stay in the country.

Oh, and I think I read that devotees are also required to spend a few hours a day chanting.  Another thing that would not happen here.  Although, since Jenny seemed to get some benefit from the chanting session, a nice twist would be that she really, sincerely did convert.  That I would like to see.  Otherwise, the story just lags on, same old same old.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

This would be hilarious.  I think they threw this in just for the laughs, but I think it is a red herring.  I don't see it happening.

Edited to add:  It is pretty insulting to a religion to say you want to join just to get to stay in the country.

Oh, and I think I read that devotees are also required to spend a few hours a day chanting.  Another thing that would not happen here.  Although, since Jenny seemed to get some benefit from the chanting session, a nice twist would be that she really, sincerely did convert.  That I would like to see.  Otherwise, the story just lags on, same old same old.

They should have put up a graphic with the elapsed time it took her to chant that 108 times.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Jenny - “I’m feeling some inner vibrations”  ma’am that’s just indigestion of your elderly digestive system 😂

So Leandro basically all but confirmed that they were still married when Ari got knocked up. (Probably still are.) I 100% agree that Ari is looking for her “out” in Ethiopia. Whatever small offense that Bini committed she’ll jump all over it and run back to the US. 

Kenny is homesick? What a shocking and in-depth revelation! I’m sure it was hard to leave his kids but at the same time they’re adults 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ellie - don’t care

Corey/Evelin - What a total fucking bitch she is. Yes the dress was a prom dress but it’s actually a very nice dress and would have worked just fine for a beach wedding. Get it dry cleaned and add some tulle or lace or some shit. Evelin, you don’t have the option of going to Kleinfeld and picking out a $10,000 dress. You’re getting married in a third world country on Corey’s scant dime. Even if you didn’t like the dress at all, just be polite and say, “ok I’ll try it on but I also want to go to the dress shop and see their options.” I seriously can’t stand to watch their segments because she so savagely delights in mocking and humiliating Corey in front of her bitchy sisters. 

[sidenote: I saw a preview of The Family Chantal and hoooo boy did she have A. LOT. of plastic surgery on her face…like she is like Jennifer Grey unrecognizable] 

Jenny: so I have to do anything to become a devotee of this religion

Priest: you have to come to the temple, where, you know, we practice said religion 

Jenny: 

C4C7B31D-D778-496C-821E-37885546F031.png

Edited by novemberjenny
Spacing and adding to my rant 😂
  • LOL 9
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, novemberjenny said:

Jenny - “I’m feeling some inner vibrations”  ma’am that’s just indigestion of your elderly digestive system 😂

So Leandro basically all but confirmed that they were still married when Ari got knocked up. (Probably still are.) 

Kenny is homesick? What a shocking and in-depth revelation! I’m sure it was hard to leave his kids but at the same time they’re adults 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ellie - don’t care

Corey/Evelin - don’t care 

[sidenote: I saw a preview of The Family Chantal and hoooo boy did she have A. LOT. of plastic surgery on her face…like she is like Jennifer Grey unrecognizable] 

Jenny: so I have to do anything to become a devotee of this religion

Priest: you have to come to the temple, where, you know, we practice said religion 

Jenny: 

C4C7B31D-D778-496C-821E-37885546F031.png

I do not see Chantel have alot of plastic surgery on her face, she looks the same to me

• Love 1

I was all ready to blast Jenny for trying to game the Hare Krishna religion for a visa, but she was pretty honest (even after being moved by the experience). Good though that the priest said nope, not gonna happen. 
Kenny has always seemed disingenuous. He needs to tell the angelic Armando about his regrets over leaving his family, and probably his culture. 
Ellie is just living in a fantasy. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, novemberjenny said:

Yes the dress was a prom dress but it’s actually a very nice dress and would have worked just fine for a beach wedding.

Or wear it as the new wedding necessity-a second dress for the reception 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/11/2021 at 8:05 AM, Grifter Lives said:

The 90 Days Bares All portion should repel new subscribers: Big Ed on the prowl with specifications for new victims, Angela in that dumb bandit mask, shouting down Usman, Andrrrrei and Libby performing Libby's failed comedy act.  It's amazing that Shaun Robinson can host 1000 variations of the same dreck and be more annoying in each one.

I've had it with Angela. While she was yelling nonstop over Usman on Bares All, I thought, does it EVER occur to her that the AUDIENCE might like to hear what the other people besides her have to say? (I guess that's a rhetorical question.)

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, DVDFreaker said:

So Elivin is already married to Corey, what an idiot

Yawn. Two years ago, someone posted Corey and Evelin's wedding certificate on Reddit.  They have been married for about four years. Her sisters are just as ugly as they are mean.  

Gee Ellie, perhaps you should have thought about whether it was a good idea to visit a hurricane ravaged island, before getting on three airplanes.  

I couldn't believe Ari had the nerve to be upset that Bini invited his ex-girlfriend to dinner, when she invited her (ex)-husband to visit her on another Continent.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Yawn. Two years ago, someone posted Corey and Evelin's wedding certificate on Reddit.  They have been married for about four years. Her sisters are just as ugly as they are mean.  

Gee Ellie, perhaps you should have thought about whether it was a good idea to visit a hurricane ravaged island, before getting on three airplanes.  

I couldn't believe Ari had the nerve to be upset that Bini invited his ex-girlfriend to dinner, when she invited her (ex)-husband to visit her on another Continent.   

Interesting, I never knew that someone posted the wedding certificate 

I am going to laugh if Ari’s ex husband and Bini’s ex girlfriend starts dating but she is way out of his league 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Ari is shockingly skinny in some of her THs. 

She really looked BAD. I'm thinking she has some kind of eating disorder.

2 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

Ellie is nuts to go on a plane and try to find him 

What use would she be on a disaster-stricken island? She'd just be one more mouth to feed. I'm glad the production only allowed her to go to that neighboring island.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 11

Man, I really don't like either Ari or Bini.  Ari is the worst type of entitled hypocrite - At no point in the series has she tried so hard with the clothes, hair, and make-up, and it is when the ex husband is here.  The one she still has feelings for, the one she didn't fully end things with b/c she wanted to "see". The one she lights up for whenever he walked in the room.  She is a person who def wants to have her cake (Bini and the baby and this exotic life) and eat it too (but have stability with Leandro).  She also can't see past herself at all.  Of course things are awkward, how would you expect them to be?  To blame Bini for making it weird is the ultimate in denial and projection.  And Bini is an idiot for throwing away a beautiful women like Tsoni for these American women he keeps getting with that treat him like a disposable man.  That, however, is fully on Bini's dumbass.  Also, Leandro did not say "no, I didn't have sex with her", so until they fully deny it, I find the entire situation between Ari and Leandro shady af.  Personally, I vote for Leandro and Tsoni...they would be cute together and far less messy than everyone else in this love rectangle. 

Sumit is willing to let Jenny scam a religious sect in his country instead of marrying her?  His last line in his talking head to the essence of this was the last hope b/c I'm not going to give up my parents to marry Jenny should be all the blows that Jenny needs to hear.  Why does he keep lying and playing her?  I think they do have a great connection, but I'm always reminded that this relationship started on in a catfish lie. He either needs to man up and either marry her or be totally straightforward in the fact that he won't ever marry her.  Jenny's an idiot for letting herself get played like this.  On the bright side, her outfits in Indian have actually been super cute.  I loved the tights/cigarrette pants under the pretty pink kurti/shalwar. 

I felt Ellie's friend love for her in that fierce hug.  She is worried for her friend's mental state and physical safety.  Ellie is making some crazy decisions.

Awww, I just love Kenny and Armando, and I wish Kenny would come clean to Armando about feeling like he's homesick and missing his kids and grandson.  He can be happy to be with Armando, and still miss his people.

Evelyn has decided that since she deigned to marry this idiot that she, someone who we are repeatedly told didn't want to get married, is going full bridezilla to spend as much of his money as possible. That prom dress was obviously a prom dress. I don't like Evelyn, but I think it was tacky that Cory brought it to her dishonestly and with a bit of disrespect.  Maybe he thought she wouldn't know it wasn't an American style of wedding dress, and he could get over.  I feel like if he approached it differently, I would have a little more respect for him.  Evelyn was gonna be a bitch about it either way, but at least have some dignity. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Her sisters are just as ugly as they are mean. 

I thought of this: image.png.7db5ab9c9d7bd9e3f3ec9f90e197af58.png I'd totally forgotten that Corey and Evelin married years ago, in fact they were married before they were on their first season. And I just realized that Corey didn't cheat on his fiancée with the woman in Peru, he cheated on his WIFE!  

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Wow, a missionary visa isn’t for the average Joe to stay in the country?! Geez, color me surprised! 

I’m intrigued by Arielle and Leandro. I’ve never had an ex relationship like this and have never had a partner with an ex relationship this intimate. So Ari just disappeared one day without discussing where the relationship stood then resurfaced to announce a surprise pregnancy? So bizarre and intriguing. Bini’s surprise attack was pretty barbaric and I’d be appalled if someone suddenly turned a simple training session into a full blown fight. How awkward was that dinner with Tsion lol.

I saw an IG meme that compared Ellie’s face to Elizabeth II and now I can never unsee it when she’s onscreen. Also, Ari as Quasimodo. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

It's like TLC managed to take every horrible, boring HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL couples and gave them their own show.  I feel like every one of these couples is frauding or trolling us this season. 

Bini and Ari? I think she married him so that he could get a Green card. She's secretly been in love with him all this time but it hasn't been reciprocated. 

Or he's gay.

Or Andro is dating Ari and Bini is dating his ex and all 4 of them are frauding us.

No way did Ellie sell her pizza place OR her condo. 

It really says something when Kenny & Armando's biggest drama is that his daughter is sad that she lost her free babysitter.

Sumit and Jenny are just sad. I'm embarrassed FOR her. I've known many Hare Krishnas and they frown heavily upon sex outside of marriage. They *might* let it go for devotional devotees, but not for missionaries. 

The temple leader was totally hor, though. Like an Indian Father Tiffany.

WTF are Corey and Evilin still doing on here? And why is TLC pretending

Spoiler

that they're not already married and haven't been for years? 

They HAVE to be trolling us. She's not that awful and he's not that stupid. Although his face was never more punchable than when he was talking about the prom dress in his talking head.

I may have zoned out. How are Alina and SteVen  going to live in Turkey? You can't just decide to up and move there. I have friends there and it's hella hard to get residency, especially for Russians. How will either of them work? I hate it when they make it look like you can just up and move to wherever you want, whenever. (Looking at YOU 'Under the Tuscan Sun.")

I guess I don't give AF about any of these people. The only one I find remotely interesting is Steven and Alina, and that's because I'm not sure where it's going.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Burning Rubber said:

Leandro is highly educated and could provide Tsion with a great life in Indiana. Marrying a future physics professor isn't a bad option for Tsion!

It depends on where he teaches. My highly educated, published husband is a college professor at the #1 school in our state, one of the top schools in the south, and he earns less than my mom who teaches for the local school district. University budgets have huge variations across the board and have been steadily declining 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

It just occurred to me that, if an immigration attorney told Jenny about the missionary visa, he had to be fucking with her. He certainly would’ve known that you don’t just show up, say a couple of Hare Krishnas and, voila!, you are a missionary with a visa in your hot little hand.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Maybe Evelins secret is that she's preggers?  She's gained a few!

Ellie doing anything for love.  Lol

Didn't Ari I have an eating disorder years ago before she started this journey?  She's perfect for this show.  She's nuts!  Ex hubby would certainly fit into Ari's parents lifestyle.

Jenny you look like an old fool.  Why buy the cow when the milk is free.  He's got it all.  You've got nuttin honey!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Kid said:

It just occurred to me that, if an immigration attorney told Jenny about the missionary visa, he had to be fucking with her. He certainly would’ve known that you don’t just show up, say a couple of Hare Krishnas and, voila!, you are a missionary with a visa in your hot little hand.

I think that he looked at her and his first thought was, "Oldie," like Sumit's parents.  The demand for the ISKON visa exception came on behalf of the for older or elderly devotees, who had been residing in India for decades but for whom exiting and re-entering was becoming more difficult in their later years.  The lawyer could have advised them about a 5-year student visa instead, or any type of visa based upon property or business ownership (not that Jenny has money).

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I may have zoned out. How are Alina and SteVen  going to live in Turkey? You can't just decide to up and move there. I have friends there and it's hella hard to get residency, especially for Russians. How will either of them work? I hate it when they make it look like you can just up and move to wherever you want, whenever. (Looking at YOU 'Under the Tuscan Sun.")

I wish I had disposable cash like that so I can move to a nice villa in Greece (not Italy).

Anyhoo. Has anyone asked the real question?!?  Where is Evil-lyn's wedding dress #1 and why isn't she using it for this wedding!?!?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Corey didn't cheat on his fiancée with the woman in Peru, he cheated on his WIFE!  

That's my question, so if he cheated while they were on the Ross/Rachel break up was it after they were married?

2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

SteVen 

haha thanks for a Monday am laugh, love it! SteVen!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Sumit is willing to let Jenny scam a religious sect in his country instead of marrying her?  His last line in his talking head to the essence of this was the last hope b/c I'm not going to give up my parents to marry Jenny should be all the blows that Jenny needs to hear.  Why does he keep lying and playing her?  I think they do have a great connection, but I'm always reminded that this relationship started on in a catfish lie. He either needs to man up and either marry her or be totally straightforward in the fact that he won't ever marry her.  Jenny's an idiot for letting herself get played like this.  On the bright side, her outfits in Indian have actually been super cute.  I loved the tights/cigarrette pants under the pretty pink kurti/shalwar. 

We need Dr. Phil to make one of his time lines for Jenny to track her relationship with Sumit so she can see the time she is wasting waiting for the nothing that will happen.  Jenny has got to realize that Sumit has been making lemonade for himself out of every blow that has been dealt them, not coming down to his feet dragging about getting the most basic thing done, a new passport.  Even Krishna would yell at Jenny to wake up already.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Jenny is completely ridiculous, but she has put together a great Indian wardrobe. When the TLC money runs out, so will Summit. What a tool.

I also agree that there is no way Ellie sold all of her assets for this stupid move. Her friend would have talked her out of it if she was even seriously considering it in the first bloody place.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, endure said:

And then she is shockingly not in some of the scenes

I assume the interviews were shot at the end of or after the season was filmed.  She is looking chunky in the episodes, maybe it’s because they use those edible bread plates over there.  A lot of carbs at every meal.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2