Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Fight For Love

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I assume the interviews were shot at the end of or after the season was filmed.  She is looking chunky in the episodes, maybe it’s because they use those edible bread plates over there.  A lot of carbs at every meal.

But she looked thin in the scene in the kitchen when she makes coffee and hugs her ex and then when they’re out with the cozy foursome she is not too thin?  Also did she ever bother to divorce the ex?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I've had it with Angela. While she was yelling nonstop over Usman on Bares All, I thought, does it EVER occur to her that the AUDIENCE might like to hear what the other people besides her have to say? (I guess that's a rhetorical question.)

I can't stand Usman, either.

I was wishing they'd cut ALL of their mics and call it a wrap.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I assume the interviews were shot at the end of or after the season was filmed.  She is looking chunky in the episodes, maybe it’s because they use those edible bread plates over there.  A lot of carbs at every meal.

Edited by endure
oops
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I hate it when they make it look like you can just up and move to wherever you want, whenever. (Looking at YOU 'Under the Tuscan Sun.")

Right? Watching movies or shows were people just up and move to another country -- how are they able to legally live there? How come no one is talking about health and dental insurance options? Do they keep any money in US banks? Is it easy to get a driver's license in the new country?

I look at these things with a very practical eye. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, endure said:

And then she is shockingly not in some of the scenes

When we met Ari she was pregnant and then post partum, so the weight loss doesn't surprise me. But she did look much thinner than I wouldve expected in the talking heads when she was in her blue dress.

• Love 8
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

But she did look much thinner than I wouldve expected in the talking heads when she was in her blue dress.

She also looked filtered within an inch of her life, which was weird.

Can someone remind me why Kenny had to move to Mexico rather than have Armando come to the US? They could get married here without any problems, Kenny would be near his kids and grandson, Armando could bring Hannah--who's not able to see her grandparents very often now anyhow--Kenny wouldn't have to learn Spanish while Armando already speaks perfect English, and Kenny'd be able to work. All I can see are upsides, so I'm having trouble remembering why they did it what seems like the ass-backwards way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

What use would she be on a disaster-stricken island? She'd just be one more mouth to feed. I'm glad the production only allowed her to go to that neighboring island.

Ellie needs to calm down, stay home and wait. Instead, she hops on a flight and hopes to bump into her guy somewhere on a ravaged island. Another one of her well-thought out plans.

Jenny, start planning on how you are going to survive solo back in the US. Give up this dream of marrying Summit. He has already stated he is not going against his parents, believe him and move on.

It was actually quite satisfying to me when Bini had Leandro in a headlock at the gym. Leandro had no business visiting his (ex?)-wife with full knowledge that she was with another man - and then staying together with them in their apt. Pretty bold move there, Lee. You fully deserved those Bini punches and headlock. I was also pleased with Bini inviting his ex along to dinner with them. GOOD. Give Ari a bit of her own medicine and see how she takes it. He one-upped her for sure with the beautiful Tsion.

Kenny and Armando: Not interested. Making a story out of absolutely nothing.

SteVen: I mute through these scenes.

Evelyn and Corey: A fabricated story, no interest.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Can someone remind me why Kenny had to move to Mexico rather than have Armando come to the US? They could get married here without any problems, Kenny would be near his kids and grandson, Armando could bring Hannah--who's not able to see her grandparents very often now anyhow--Kenny wouldn't have to learn Spanish while Armando already speaks perfect English, and Kenny'd be able to work. All I can see are upsides, so I'm having trouble remembering why they did it what seems like the ass-backwards way.

Kenny and Armando are in Mexico because Kenny's funds go further in Mexico, and given Hannah is still a minor (compared to all of Kenneth's children who are adults, the triplets are 24 and his son is 26) Armando wanted to keep her within driving distance of her extended relatives. 

Not counting the pandemic and those complications (which no one could've expected), I think they are currently a 1-2hrs drive away from Armando's extended family. Hannah would have a chance to see her Aunt (who she looked very close to) and her cousins much more often than she would if they moved to the USA.

I understand why Kenneth was the one to move (being the one with adult children that are already raised) rather than Armando. Of course I understand why Kenneth misses his kids and his daughter misses him, no one couldve predicted the pandemic and if it hadn't happened I am sure they wouldve come visit more often in the preceding year.

7 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Ellie needs to calm down, stay home and wait. Instead, she hops on a flight and hopes to bump into her guy somewhere on a ravaged island. Another one of her well-thought out plans.

I have no idea why Ellie got on that plane and created more problems. I can understand her being worried for him, but keep your self at HOME until you know whats going on and the island can handle visitors. The people of Provedencia have enough to deal with without more people trying to get onto the island. Especially since she HAD a home in Seattle. Just WAIT a couple of weeks to see what is going on (even if she wanted to live in Columbia or somewhere else nearby that was convenient for both of them).

Also- Ellie seems like a decent person, she is not alone, she obviously has friends. Victor seems to be a creep and I dont trust him one wit.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Breedom said:

It was actually quite satisfying to me when Bini had Leandro in a headlock at the gym. Leandro had no business visiting his (ex?)-wife with full knowledge that she was with another man - and then staying together with them in their apt. Pretty bold move there, Lee. You fully deserved those Bini punches and headlock. I was also pleased with Bini inviting his ex along to dinner with them. GOOD. Give Ari a bit of her own medicine and see how she takes it. He one-upped her for sure with the beautiful Tsion.

And Leo danced right around giving an answer to Bini's question about if he and Ari had engaged in sexual activity during the New Jersey visit.  

It was a simple yes or no question, yet Leo never did give a straight answer.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

And Leo danced right around giving an answer to Bini's question about if he and Ari had engaged in sexual activity during the New Jersey visit.  

I thought that was an inappropriate question for Bini to ask him though. Lenardo isnt his friend, and Ari is his woman, he should be asking HER about her relationship with her ex-husband.

The thing is, Bini wants to be kept by Ari-I do believe he enjoys her family sending funds and keeping them comfortable, especially with Covid shutting down his employment (that isn't his fault, it just happened), but he cannot pull status as the man of the house when he isn't providing as the man of the house (as laid out by his culture).

Ari doesn't respect him, and doesn't want to be with him, I think she slipped up on her contraceptives (which surprised me because she was married for 10yrs and no baby), and is waiting until the baby has his passport and then she will be going home to New Jersey where she wants to be. 

Bini is a bit spoiled and entitled because he is cute, and his parents died when he was young so his 7 older siblings circled around him to "protect him" and never made him grow up emotionally. Theres no excuse for him being in this situation AGAIN, having a baby with a USC and an unstable relationship where by the baby may be taken back to the USA. I can tell his sisters are annoyed with him, but he is their brother, it's much easier to blame the woman (a bit of misogyny there), the foreigner/the outsider. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Kenny and Armando are in Mexico because Kenny's funds go further in Mexico

But . . . Kenny wouldn't have to stretch his funds if he were in the US and working. If they have to economize, that's because Kenny quit his job and Armando gave up his business.

21 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think they are currently a 1-2hrs drive away from Armando's extended family.

I just looked on Google Maps, and they seem to be about 4 hours away--which is what I remembered them saying on the show. So it's not a huge distance, but they also probably aren't making an 8-hour round trip every weekend. Especially if Kenny isn't especially welcome at the parents' place, at least by the father. The visit they made there in the preview made it seem as if they haven't been there in quite a while.

Thanks for the explanation, but I'm still not seeing it as the sensible choice. Then again, none of these people are famous for their sensible choices!

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I've known many Hare Krishnas and they frown heavily upon sex outside of marriage.

I thought the two chanting women looked a little shocked when Jenny said, "I live with my Indian boyfriend but his parents won't let us get married." 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

But . . . Kenny wouldn't have to stretch his funds if he were in the US and working. If they have to economize, that's because Kenny quit his job.

I just looked on Google Maps, and they seem to be about 4 hours away--which is what I remembered them saying on the show. So it's not a huge distance, but they also probably aren't making an 8-hour round trip every weekend. Especially if Kenny isn't especially welcome at the parents' place, at least by the father. The visit they made there in the preview made it seem as if they haven't been there in quite a while.

Thanks for the explanation, but I'm still not seeing it as the sensible choice. Then again, none of these people are famous for their sensible choices!

Thanks for the additional details.

Not everyone wants to live in the USA, and I see it making more sense for Kenneth to be inconvenienced than Hannah and Armando all things being equal. Kenneth may not have wanted to keep working or thought living in Mexico would be an "adventure". Armando had a dog grooming business when he they first appeared, I wonder what he is doing now.

3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I thought the two chanting women looked a little shocked when Jenny said, "I live with my Indian boyfriend but his parents won't let us get married." 

Yes- "living together" is not a common practice in India. Many adults live away from their families (especially in major cities) but co-habiting with a boyfriend/girlfriend raises eyebrows.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Bini said he was concerned that they had sex and Leandro said he had nothing to worry about.  Some people could view that as a polite way to say no.  Do I think Leandro had sex with a woman who was 4-5 months pregnant by another man?  Nah.  Also re someone else’s comment that Bini’s physical violence toward Leandro was justified in this situation I don’t agree.  Adults don’t settle their differences with violence.  Bini said he can’t control himself when he is angry.  That doesn’t bode well for Ari or the baby.

• Love 14
Just now, MrBuhBye said:

Bini said he was concerned that they had sex and Leandro said he had nothing to worry about.  Some people could view that as a polite way to say no.  Do I think Leandro had sex with a woman who was 4-5 months pregnant by another man?  Nah.  Also re someone else’s comment that Bini’s physical violence toward Leandro was justified in this situation I don’t agree.  Adults don’t settle their differences with violence.  Bini said he can’t control himself when he is angry.  That doesn’t bode well for Ari or the baby.

I do not get the impression that Bini would hurt Ari or the baby- to me, consensual rough housing with another adult male- they had agreed to box, doesn't equal likelihood of him being aggressive with a woman and his baby.

But Bini is MAD immature. I do not think he is scary or anything but he is a grown as man of 30, acting like an 18yrs old. Ari is immature as well, birds of a feather and all, but Ari has the social power here. She has the money, USC, control over the baby etc. And they arent even married yet. I am of the opinion that Bini thinks he is "slick" and he is going to have a good life by hooking up with at USC and making a baby, but this is the second time around he has tried that and its not looking well for him- AGAIN.

I think Ari probably was actually in love with Lenardo, and if she had not conceived Avi she would be trying to get back with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

UO, I can’t stand Bini’s useless dumb ass! I hope his plan does fail for the second time.

I cannot stand Bini either. Of the two of them I prefer Ari because this is not the second time she has been in this situation (had a child with a foreign partner that she was not committed to at all), so as of now Ari is winning. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Marriage equality is legal in Mexico. Given the current anti-immigrant and anti-vax sentiment, especially in Florida, I don't wonder for an instant why Armando wouldn't want to come to the US, much less bring his daughter who is too young to be vaccinated.

Lots of Americans retire to Mexico, where the cost of living is lower. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 9/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, magemaud said:

It reminded me of when Kramer was going to convert to Latvian Orthodox and when the priest asked him what "drew him to the religion" his answer was, "Ummm...I like...the hats." 

Far be it from me to correct a fellow Seinfeld fan, but it was George that wanted to convert to Latvian Orthodox 😅

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
Just now, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah but boxing does not entail wrestling your opponent to the ground and placing him in a choke hold, then ignoring his two attempts to tap out.  

I admit I am completely ignorant to the social/sports norms of what they were doing. To me it looked a little "rough sporting" but not as if Bini was assaulting him or something. 

If I am wrong I do apologize. 

• Love 1

What I saw of the episode (last hour) seemed to have a FOG (Fear Obligation Guilt) theme.

Saw some of the Jenny Hare Krishna stuff on Pillow Talk. Jenn, you do have to actually do something as a 'missionary'. Not just wear the orange outfit and chant for 15 minutes a day. The guy at the temple has probably seen many people like you who want to stay in India but are not really serious about the faith. You will have to confront Sumit and ask him about his plans to marry you. And most likely give him some sort of ultimatum. You decide how much you are willing to put up with and how long you will be willing to do so. He is afaid of his parents, he has an obligation to them and has a lot of guilt about you. Make plans to go back to the US, delete him from your phone or social media, and let him live his life.

Bini's ex is quite beautiful. If she was tall, she could probably do modelling. Thought it was funny that they went out to dinner together. Both ladies wore a red dress. Ari's was unflattering and ill-fitting and Bini's ex looked polished. Bini, what are you looking for - an American girl who will take care of you financially? It has failed twice already.  Plus two kids. Maybe the third time will be the charm.  If you didn't have a kid with Ari, she would have been long gone. The dreadlocks did you in. There is always another Leandro or another issue. 

No idea how Steven and Alina can live in Turkey. It must have some interesting visa requirements. If it's part of the EU, Alina probably could work there. If you have relatives (parents or grandparents born in X country) you can sometimes live and work there. Celebs have it easy. Some have a lot of money, they buy a home in X country, they don't need to work there, they don't use resources, etc. so they can probably live in X for a few months. Not sure I'd be encouraging the friend to flirt with him online to see if he really is in to her or not. That plan may backfire. I'd have a Plan B and being 20 and committing yourself to a husband and marriage is a lot for that age.

It wasn't the best idea for Corey to bring his sister's prom dress for Evelin to use as a wedding gown. The only way that would work would be to take it to a dressmaker to have it remade in to something more of Evelin's taste and to fit it to her. It was really tacky but their whole story is tacky if they have been married for a few years. Why bother with a big day? You've already had it. You can have a party at a fraction of the cost to 'renew' the vows.

Instead of flying to Providencia or the other island that is 50 miles away, Ellie could have checked in to rebooking her ticket at a later date in lieu of the hurricane and possible damage. She'd be in the way of actual people helping getting the power back on and dealing with flooding and any structural stuff. Stay home. Take it as a sign from the Universe.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Marriage equality is legal in Mexico. Given the current anti-immigrant and anti-vax sentiment, especially in Florida, I don't wonder for an instant why Armando wouldn't want to come to the US, much less bring his daughter who is too young to be vaccinated.

Lots of Americans retire to Mexico, where the cost of living is lower. 

That's true, but I'm talking about a decision that was made long before the pandemic was a thing, so anti-vaxxing sentiment couldn't have entered into their reasoning. Florida certainly hasn't been unwelcoming to the millions of Cuban immigrants who live there, not that I'm raising any kind of flag for Florida. My family lives there, and I've spent lots of time there. One thing I haven't witnessed is anti-immigrant sentiment. Maybe you're thinking of Texas.

Marriage equality is in Mexico's constitution but not in the local law where they now live, as we were told while they were struggling to be allowed to marry.

And as I said, they both apparently gave up their incomes to move to a different town in Mexico from the one where Armando lived. If Kenny had stayed in Florida, he wouldn't have had to quit his job.

I think I need to gently back away from this line of conversation.

• Love 1

Who the heck is scripting these stories?  They are so fake.

The whole Jenny/Hare Krishna storyline is absurd because, as mentioned above, the immigration lawyer had to have known that it takes a few years to get that missionary visa.

Also, one of the reasons they couldn't go to America and get married was because Sumit's ex-inlaws took his passport?  Simple.  Get a new one, go to America, and get married there.

Corey and whatshername are already married?  But he is stressing about funding a $50,000 dollar wedding.  The whole thing is a bad joke.

Why did Ellie fly to Columbia without a plan?  She has been shown to be in touch with his sister; she could just ask where he is.

Through all the scenes we have seen, Ari has this smirk on her face that says this is all manufactured drama and she is in it for the kicks.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I admit I am completely ignorant to the social/sports norms of what they were doing. To me it looked a little "rough sporting" but not as if Bini was assaulting him or something. 

If I am wrong I do apologize. 

You’re good.  I think it looked like they had agreed to recreationally spar, which typically does not involve trying to hurt the opponent.

4 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

as mentioned above, the immigration lawyer had to have known that it takes a few years to get that missionary visa.

I would doubt the competence of any attorney who agreed to participate in a Sharp/TLC production.  They often don’t even dress/groom professionally.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Right? Watching movies or shows were people just up and move to another country -- how are they able to legally live there? How come no one is talking about health and dental insurance options? Do they keep any money in US banks? Is it easy to get a driver's license in the new country?

Look at you, asking the real questions! 😊

Seriously, though, I do the same. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Next week Ellie wanders the storm ravaged island. She stumbles into a Red Cross tent and there’s Victor. He’s banging two RC volunteers that just love his Pina Coladas. 🤷🏻‍♂️

"...that just love his Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain (hurricane)..."

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

He is staying in a hostel which I assume is not expensive.

A hostel in Turkey will run him around $6-18 per night depending on whether it's a dorm room or private. That's not terrible but when you add it on to her apartment and those expenses it could add up.

Funniest scene of the night (on my TLC feed in Pgh) was when they showed the "Coming up" segment of Leandro and Bini wrestling on the floor and went directly to a scene of two people sword fighting!! When I first saw it, I thought, "Oh my, they have gotten REALLY serious about this rivalry over Ari!!" Then I realized it was a commercial for some kind of arthritis cream! Did anyone else see the same thing??

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And seriously? Kenny is in Mexico. His family is in Florida. He is not in the furthest Antipodes. Any of our intrepid researchers about? Where in Mexico are they? I'm sure its not a long flight. We have FaceTime and Zoom. Not like generations past when a family member got on a creaky wooden boat to the new world, or a wagon train to strike it rich in the gold fields, or headed to Australia to seek their fortune. Cassidy is spoiled and self centered, and apparently couldn't care less about Kenny's happiness. She knows how emotional he is and how shitty he's already feeling. But rather than be brave and cheerful and try to make their visit as happy as she could, she laid on the tears and the guilt tripping with a fucking trowel. And when she gets to the house I'm sure she'll spend all her time trying to make Armando feel guilty for taking Kenny away from his smothering family. 

Yes, and remember that for the proposal Kenny's kids came to be with them too.   I'm betting the lack of Florida family visits is just as phony as the "Kenny doesn't speak Spanish" storyline. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

I was just watching this episode again today (I fell asleep last night) and NOW i know who Steven (of Steven/Alina) reminds me of.  Peter from EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND (Chris Elliot).. omg, I was laughing so much;  it may only be funny to me.. but laughing is good.  I had side-by-side pics but they won't load. 😪

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

A hostel in Turkey will run him around $6-18 per night depending on whether it's a dorm room or private. That's not terrible but when you add it on to her apartment and those expenses it could add up.

I don’t understand why they can’t stay in the SAME hostel? Surely they have ones that are separated by males/females and like mentioned, private rooms, etc. why on earth would he put her in an entirely separate building? Like you literally can’t control your sexual impulses to the point where you need your fiancée in another building? This guy is beyond 🤦🏻‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

You’re good.  I think it looked like they had agreed to recreationally spar, which typically does not involve trying to hurt the opponent.

And BINI either doesn't recognize...or refused to--the sign for QUITTING!  "A "tap out" or "tapping out" – is often performed by visibly tapping the floor or the opponent with the hand or in some cases with the foot, or by saying the word 'tap' to signal the opponent and/or the referee of the submission."  Leandro was in trouble and trying to signal that "professionally."  Jealous Bini was having none of it.

• Love 6
On 9/11/2021 at 9:33 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I had to laugh at her shock when Bini's ex showed up looking like a million bucks, and Ari looked awful. 

Not only did Ari look bad...she seemed to decay during the evening ... and Leandro didn't look so hot either.

14 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Personally, I vote for Leandro and Tsoni...

Personally, I vote for Leandro and Tsoni...

• Dump Ari
  • Dump Bini
  • Dump Leanndro
  • Find a good storyline for the beautiful and charming Tsoni
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Although his face was never more punchable than when he was talking about the prom dress in his talking head.

Although his BLOATED face was never more punchable...

And what are the details of their marriage ... their earlier marriage?  I dislike both of them, so I've F-F'd over the years.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

They don't.  They are just feathers in the wind.  Rain on a Summers morning.  The things love songs are written about.

There's Jenny and Ellie and Ari and a whole list of the lovelies with never a worry.  Oh to dance in the sunshine like they do!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The people of Provedencia have enough to deal with without more people trying to get onto the island. Especially since she HAD a home in Seattle. Just WAIT a couple of weeks to see what is going on (even if she wanted to live in Columbia or somewhere else nearby that was convenient for both of them).

Had or has a home in Seattle?  When she walked out the door to go catch her plane, it didn't exactly look like the place had been cleared out.  I think this is yet another contrived TLC storyline.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Had or has a home in Seattle?  When she walked out the door to go catch her plane, it didn't exactly look like the place had been cleared out.  I think this is yet another contrived TLC storyline.

Yes youre right.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, novemberjenny said:

Like you literally can’t control your sexual impulses to the point where you need your fiancée in another building? This guy is beyond

I think he has impulse issues, (we have all agreed he is on some sort of spectrum or something), he totally rushed in to this relationship and is expediting the whole process quickly, he has planned things without even talking over details over with his girlfriend, my guess the minute they are alone he might just implode from the scenarios that have played on in his head and jump the Russians bones before he can think straight.  

His fear of being so crazed by this girl that he is staying in a different building makes me think he probably does not worry about birth control because after all once they are married why would he need it, right?

The kindest thing this girl could do would be to walk away and cut ties, it may hurt him now but she should realize he is impulsive, he is what, 20 years old, he will get over it.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Spelling.
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

That's all the more reason I find it curious.  

Why didn't Leo simply say no?  No language barrier there, just a simple yes or no.  There was also a bit of hesitation before he offered up that much.  

I don't think (at least I hope they didn't) they had sex, but the entire Ari lying (by omission) about the situation does make me raise an eyebrow.  

I don't think there's sex going on here...but I do get the sense there are a lot of unresolved emotions between Leo and Ari.  

Honestly, I think Bini is far from the brightest bulb in the chandelier, so I can only imagine what a mind fuck this is for him.  

I feel sorry for both men involved.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Breedom said:

Jenny, start planning on how you are going to survive solo back in the US. Give up this dream of marrying Summit. He has already stated he is not going against his parents, believe him and move on.

Kenny and Armando: Not interested. Making a story out of absolutely nothing.

SteVen: I mute through these scenes.

Evelyn and Corey: A fabricated story, no interest.

Really? I think This couple is the most interesting one