Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Fight For Love

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

If he can’t control himself before he gets married, how will he behave when he is married? Alina has to consider that plus see how he behaves in normal situations.

I admit that I can't wait to see how the catfishing situation with Alina's friend plays out.  *wringing hands*

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

A hostel in Turkey will run him around $6-18 per night depending on whether it's a dorm room or private. That's not terrible but when you add it on to her apartment and those expenses it could add up.

Obviously, but less than the cost of renting two apartments.

1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Not only did Ari look bad...she seemed to decay during the evening ... and Leandro didn't look so hot either.

Personally, I vote for Leandro and Tsoni...

• Dump Ari
  • Dump Bini
  • Dump Leanndro
  • Find a good storyline for the beautiful and charming Tsoni

The nanny is beautiful too.  Maybe they could team up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:
2 hours ago, novemberjenny said:

I think he has impulse issues, (we have all agreed he is on some sort of spectrum or something)

The bigger question is who are these women who (presumably consensually) chose to have relations with him?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Why didn't Leo simply say no?  No language barrier there, just a simple yes or no.  There was also a bit of hesitation before he offered up that much. 

I know in some cultures it is rude to say no directly.  Maybe Argentina is one?  Just shooting spitballs here.  I also think that sometimes when people feel that the questioner has no right to ask the question in the first place they feel more justified in being vague.  Leandro is not engaged to Bini and owes him no explanations.  If Bini doesn’t trust Ariela’s denials, he should dump her.

• Love 7

It is very difficult for me to really express how despicable the whole convert to Hare Krishna in order to stay in India story line is to me.  It totally represents a complete lack of respect for the religion (it's not my religion, but it upsets me tremendously to see any religion disregarded like this).  It reminds me of Brittany's complete disregard for Islam even though she told her fiance she would convert.  Jenny thinking after one session she could become a missionary-she, Summit, and the lawyer really treated it like a joke.  And, Jenny was visibly upset when the priest told her that it would be a long and complicated process (what? she would be expected to be at the temple and practice the religion?  they just don't hand out missionary status to everyone who asks?).  Yes, I've watched iterations of 90 Day for years and I know the participants don't think beyond their immediate wants, but to demonstrate a lack of respect for anything other than one's wants is such a low, even for this show (I really dislike how Angela and others treat their "loved" ones, but they all signed up for this).  The religious devotees and priest were kind, warm, and supportive of Jenny but once she didn't get what she immediately wanted, she was so over it).

As for the others, I always fast-forward Corey and Evelyn.  I could feel SteVen's mom's worry as he seems ill prepared to go to Turkey even though he did a stint as a missionary in Eastern Europe (see Jenny?  That's what missionaries do).  I can't believe Alina is going to cat-fish him; she must e in this to be on t.v.

There are so many issues in Ari and Bini's relationship.  I was glad he invited his ex (even though it is so middle school as a previous poster noted).  I really feel sorry for the baby as he stands no chance whatsoever.  I know some people think the grandparents will end up raising him, but they raised Ari so I don't see that as necessarily a positive.  Leo's hesitation to Bini's question about sex was very telling (especially since Leo first acted like he didn't understand the question).  

If I were a disaster relief worker (which I'm not...) I would really resent someone like Ellie coming to a disaster zone and giving us one more person to worry about and work around.  I guess she could help make pizzas to feed the victims and relief workers...

I think Kenny's daughter was showing learned behavior through the crying.  Just jump to the wedding and forget all of this other manufactured drama.  I did note that Kenny drove through a gated exit (with a guard house) so they are living in an upscale community.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I have a big forehead but unlike Ellie I dont pull my hair back and show it off!

My neice has my grandfather's ( and one of my brother's) as they call it, a FIVE head.. JUST DO BANGS!.. not meant totally for you, but for Ellie, man, it is not a good look.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Maybe Kenny’s about over it!

Evidently Mexico 🇲🇽 s not warm and fuzzy to his relationship!

He has no real relationship with the in-laws or that side of the family 

He lives  off of TLC so no job or friends there. 

It’s a lonely life for life of the party Kenny!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

If he can’t control himself before he gets married, how will he behave when he is married? Alina has to consider that plus see how he behaves in normal situations.

He needs to have a chat with Mykul who can fill him in on how to "handle" these situations himself.

• LOL 6
22 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe Kenny’s about over it!

Evidently Mexico 🇲🇽 s not warm and fuzzy to his relationship!

He has no real relationship with the in-laws or that side of the family 

He lives  off of TLC so no job or friends there. 

It’s a lonely life for life of the party Kenny!

Maybe he needs to install the Grindr app.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 5
58 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Kenny's daughter was showing learned behavior through the crying.  Just jump to the wedding and forget all of this other manufactured drama.  I did note that Kenny drove through a gated exit (with a guard house) so they are living in an upscale community.

Yes and their home is very nice. Unlike most Mexican's they are living a very nice life there.  Shut up, Kenny and your cry baby daughter. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe he needs to install the Grindr app.

I’m thinking that now Kenny is no longer in the ‘state of lust’ this state where he now finds himself may be something he’s growing tired of and bored with 
A younger man with a child could be slowing down Kenny’s roll. 
I’m suspecting in the past he’s been the make it happen and life of the party kind of guy!

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I'm no Kenny "dee-VOTE-ee," but it seems he moved to a place where he doesn't speak the language, he's gained weight, the culture is homophobic (violently), he's car-dependent, has no friends or relatives, has no job or volunteer work, is isolated in a gated community, and lives with a young child FT who speaks no English (as cute as she is).

Reminds me of my summer age 19 when I was an au pair in a Spanish-speaking country, on the edge of a city, and my host family's first language was yet another one. Cool place, but I became clinically depressed (first time out of a few in my life). I got the job last-minute and wasn't ready or fit. And gained 10 lbs.  without even trying. 

Ari is not well or responsible enough to be traveling the world or to be a mother. And she has no filter, or impulse control. Her parents will never rest easy. Leo probably qualifies for sainthood. Hope his current GF, bra maven, is more together.  I got scared when Bini put Leo in a choke hold and he couldn't breathe.

What about a paternity test? Who knows what else Ari got up to on that trip?  

I wonder if Ellie took drugs like her late husband (a bartender, like current BF). Restaurant business is high-stress, long hours, physically exhausting. There are other ways to take better care of yourself than chasing a smooth guy on Bali Ha'i who romances you while wheedling you for money. 

The priest in the ISKCON temple has been there, done that, with American tourists who get a mad crush on India. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The bigger question is who are these women who (presumably consensually) chose to have relations with him?

My Mom said pretty much the same thing. 

Maybe young women are like him in some way. He is young and was holding down a job, I don’t think it’s odd he would meet peers to date/have sex with, perhaps even in the LDS community. 

25 is old to not be married in that community though. Not crazy old but above average. Thus I’m not surprised he didn’t wait until after marriage to have sex. Most LDS young people are at least engaged/serious about someone around 21/22. 

20 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I'm no Kenny "dee-VOTE-ee," but it seems he moved to a place where he doesn't speak the language, he's gained weight, the culture is homophobic (violently), he's car-dependent, has no friends or relatives, has no job or volunteer work, is isolated in a gated community, and lives with a young child FT who speaks no English (as cute as she is).

Reminds me of my summer age 19 when I was an au pair in a Spanish-speaking country, on the edge of a city, and my host family's first language was yet another one. Cool place, but I became clinically depressed (first time out of a few in my life). I got the job last-minute and wasn't ready or fit. And gained 10 lbs.  without even trying. 

I could see all this. A LOT of people put in weight during the pandemic (I joke the fat people lost weight and the skinny people gained it). Kenneth looks fine but I could see him being depressed and/or anxious and eating/drinking a bit extra just out of boredom. Also Kenneth is 58- he still looks damn good, but it’s much easier to put on a few extra pounds at 60 than 30. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Boston said:

My neice has my grandfather's ( and one of my brother's) as they call it, a FIVE head.. JUST DO BANGS!.. not meant totally for you, but for Ellie, man, it is not a good look.

Aren’t bangs difficult to pull off with textured hair? I would think with Ellie’s curl type they would be less than ideal. I liked her hair pulled up in a bun better than the middle part she was rocking. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Aren’t bangs difficult to pull off with textured hair? I would think with Ellie’s curl type they would be less than ideal. I liked her hair pulled up in a bun better than the middle part she was rocking. 

My DIL has hair like Ellie’s (and luckily not the five-head). She said that she’ll never forget the time her mother took her to get bangs when she was in 3rd grade. She said she looked like a poodle and not in a good way. Then she showed me picture of it. It was like a fringe. Oy vay.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

My DIL has hair like Ellie’s (and luckily not the five-head). She said that she’ll never forget the time her mother took her to get bangs when she was in 3rd grade. She said she looked like a poodle and not in a good way. Then she showed me picture of it. It was like a fringe. Oy vay.

That’s what I thought. I think Ellie’s hair and forehead are fine, I would go with a different part though but that’s just me.

She does have pretty skin at 45. She looked radiant in the purple sweater- set her skin tone off perfectly. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Curls can look nice.  Remember Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio in the 90s.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Bini is a bit spoiled and entitled because he is cute, and his parents died when he was young so his 7 older siblings circled around him to "protect him" and never made him grow up emotionally. Theres no excuse for him being in this situation AGAIN, having a baby with a USC and an unstable relationship where by the baby may be taken back to the USA. I can tell his sisters are annoyed with him, but he is their brother, it's much easier to blame the woman (a bit of misogyny there), the foreigner/the outsider. 

Agreed. Ari is a right pain in the arse, but Bini is a hopeless, coddled dope. 

Ellie makes my palms sweat. She walked out of her perfectly good home and her lovely friends to get on three planes during a hurricane to track down a man she barely knows, is financially unstable, and already cheated on her at least once. I swear every single sentence she uttered as she was shown boarding and deplaning and boarding again began with “I don’t know…” or “I’m not sure…” Then stay home, love! Why be a logistical burden on a country in the throes of a natural disaster? 

Yes, I realize she’s the epitome of the entire premise of this show, but saints preserve us!  I understand she’s experienced loss in her life, and this is my misanthrope personality shining through here, but her actions just seem extreme. Much more so than Jenny who left behind ALL her furniture to go be with a guy who’d already admitted to catfishing her. 

• Love 13

I’m off the charts tired of Evelin’s smug smirks, Corey’s dopey, guileless Cabbage Patch face, and their whole offensively phony storyline. There’s no way he thought Evelin would agree to wear another woman’s old dress and there’s no way he hid that dress for a “year” without Evil finding it. Enough with the “hurrr durrr weddings are sure expensive!” scenes. These two are beyond annoying. 

• Love 21

I did watch the hour I missed yesterday and everyone was right in that I didn’t miss anything. I understand Kenny being homesick and missing his kids and grandkids, but his kids are adults, they have Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, etc. and Mexico isn’t that far and they can still visit. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I’m off the charts tired of Evelin’s smug smirks, Corey’s dopey, guileless Cabbage Patch face, and their whole offensively phony storyline. There’s no way he thought Evelin would agree to wear another woman’s old dress and there’s no way he hid that dress for a “year” without Evil finding it. Enough with the “hurrr durrr weddings are sure expensive!” scenes. These two are beyond annoying. 

Sadly, Unfortunately, I watched this in real time.  I NEVER DO THAT*.   It's usually on my DVR so I can fast-foward through commercials--but mostly I fast-forward through more couples than I watch.  I hadn't seen Evelin and Punchface in a long, long time. *I'll never do that again.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tuneful said:

What about a paternity test? Who knows what else Ari got up to on that trip? 

I vote YES!  Why not have Ari appear on Maury Povich next time she deigns to visit the U.S.?  She'll do anything to be on TV.

4 hours ago, Tuneful said:

I'm no Kenny "dee-VOTE-ee,"

We mimicked this "mispronunciation" every time someone said it ... until we met the priest.  That's how he pronounces it, so no more mimicking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m thinking that now Kenny is no longer in the ‘state of lust’ this state where he now finds himself may be something he’s growing tired of and bored with 
A younger man with a child could be slowing down Kenny’s roll. 

I agree.  He's disappointed in himself, in Armando, the living conditions, day-to-day life.  He has always been "a good guy," so he'll just cry more often (privately) and get so depressed it will be dangerous.

6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m suspecting in the past he’s been the make it happen and life of the party kind of guy!

I'm not sure he was a "life of the party" around more than his family--and he certainly was there.  Still, he probably had a good/comfortable social life.  A JOB!  Stability.  He is grieving for a lot.  A LOT.  Will TLC ever show us that he's doing anything to remedy his situation?

Can't Armando move to the U.S.?  His English is very good and we have a lot of job openings for bilingual people.  A LOT.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Maximadc said:
14 hours ago, Breedom said:

Evelyn and Corey: A fabricated story, no interest.

Really? I think This couple is the most interesting one 

Did you watch previous seasons?  Did you see Evelin come to America?  Those two are so boring many of us BRAG about fast-forwarding through their portions.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The kindest thing this girl could do would be to walk away and cut ties, it may hurt him now but she should realize he is impulsive, he is what, 20 years old, he will get over it.

He's TWENTY-FIVE ... but definitely immature.  Maybe this "catfish" game can help to end it all.  I'm sure SteVen's mother is beside herself...but trying to remember that he did well on his mission (I assume).  The entire family has probably had to protect him all his life.

13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Also re someone else’s comment that Bini’s physical violence toward Leandro was justified in this situation I don’t agree.  Adults don’t settle their differences with violence.  Bini said he can’t control himself when he is angry.  That doesn’t bode well for Ari or the baby.

Yes, Bini was completely in the wrong...and worse: he didn't acknowledge Leandro's tap-out.  It's obvious Leandro was afraid and in physical distress. That gym should ban Bini for awhile.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, gotta watch said:
On 9/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, magemaud said:

It reminded me of when Kramer was going to convert to Latvian Orthodox and when the priest asked him what "drew him to the religion" his answer was, "Ummm...I like...the hats." 

Far be it from me to correct a fellow Seinfeld fan, but it was George that wanted to convert to Latvian Orthodox

Oh my gosh, you’re absolutely right! Thanks for the correction. That’s the episode when Kramer was hitting on the nun because he had the “kevorka.” 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I would doubt the competence of any attorney who agreed to participate in a Sharp/TLC production.  They often don’t even dress/groom professionally.

That guy reminded me of Moe Howard from The Three Stooges

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I guess she could help make pizzas to feed the victims and relief workers...

I hope she brought enough spices. But you’re right, having Ellie and a reality TV show camera crew underfoot in the midst of such devastation was totally unnecessary 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It is very difficult for me to really express how despicable the whole convert to Hare Krishna in order to stay in India story line is to me.  It totally represents a complete lack of respect for the religion (it's not my religion, but it upsets me tremendously to see any religion disregarded like this).  It reminds me of Brittany's complete disregard for Islam even though she told her fiance she would convert. 

I agree, its really appalling how Sharp snickers and rolls its eyes (figuratively) at any "foreign" religion. Remember how freely Libby's family mocked the Russian Orthodox Church? I'm an atheist and leery of any organized religion but I've got enough basic good manners not to openly mock a person's religious practices to their face. I respect that its important to them. 

7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Can't Armando move to the U.S.?  His English is very good and we have a lot of job openings for bilingual people.  A LOT.

Armando has a young child he does not want to uproot. Mexico is not a savage wilderness. Lots of people don't want to live in the US. Its cheap to live in Mexico and the quality of medical/dental care is very high. Thousands of Americans retire there. And now, there is a pandemic raging and his daughter is too young to vaccinate. In Armando's shoes I would stay put without hesitation. 

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Aren’t bangs difficult to pull off with textured hair? I would think with Ellie’s curl type they would be less than ideal.

Bang's with super curly hair are a no-go. Ellie probably does the best she can. Length-wise is good - long hair with tight curly-cues is just not a good look for anyone. I don't like the color, maybe a soft brown with blond highlights would be more becoming. Straightening it on occasion would really make a nice difference too. She has a pretty face and a few changes in how she wears her hair would really enhance her whole look.

Edited by Breedom
  • Love 4
On 9/11/2021 at 9:02 AM, magemaud said:

It reminded me of when Kramer was going to convert to Latvian Orthodox and when the priest asked him what "drew him to the religion" his answer was, "Ummm...I like...the hats." 

Great analogy.  Minor correction, though.  It was George who was going to convert.

My jaw was hanging open every time jerk Jenny opened her mouth to speak, just waiting for the inevitable showing of her true colors and reasons for her interest in the Hare Krishna faith.  She went along to get along just long enough, but then could not contain herself any longer and had to spill her stupid story to those kind ladies and equally kind gentleman, who were all too classy and gracious to reveal their horror of what jerk Jenny was saying to them about her "Romeo and Juliet" love relationship. 

Who'd a thunk that there would actually be a requirement that demonstration of belief in the faith of a religion that is new to you would be necessary?  Certainly not jerk Jenny and her grandson, oops, I mean love of her life.  Of course timing will factor into the joining of the new faith.  It takes time to not only study and learn about the new religion.  I was actually glad to learn that the Hare Krishna faith was NOT a back door means by which shady people such as jerk Jenny could get around her current visa limitations and restrictions, and that a sincere belief in and conversion to the faith is necessary.

In the commercials for 90 Day Bares All during this episode, I was aghast to see how awful that platinum bottle blonde hair looked on Stephanie Matto.  Marilyn Monroe she’s not.  A Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade blimp she is.  I was equally aghast to see how overweight she looked.  Between that awful hair dye job and weight gain, she looked extremely, unflatteringly matronly.  She actually looked like she could be the triplet to Darcey and Stacey, that new look of hers was that awful.

I was LMAO when Leandro was trying to fathom why Bini and Tsion, his ex-girlfriend ever broke up and he was instead with awful Ari.  He clearly doesn’t think awful Ari’s all that, yet he married the heifer.  

And what’s the deal with how much worse than she’s ever looked awful Ari looks in her talking heads?  Her entire head/face looked vertically elongated, and she had a ton of wrinkles on her forehead - way more than any young woman of her age should have.  She also looked like she’s gotten anorexically skinny.

In the coming attractions for next week, the utter looks of disgust and loathing on the faces of Bini’s sisters tickled me and made me laugh out loud.  They clearly cannot stand her, totally see through her, and obviously wish their brother had never gotten involved with her.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

In the commercials for 90 Day Bares All during this episode, I was aghast to see how awful that platinum bottle blonde hair looked on Stephanie Matto. 

I always thought Stephanie’s hair was gorgeous, and I hate the new look. Why didn’t she just get a wig to try out a different style and color. I guess her Only Fans like the soft, voluptuous “pin up girl” type. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/12/2021 at 5:23 PM, DVDFreaker said:

I wonder if Elevyn’s big secret is that she cheated on him? 

Wasn't that not-a-secret already exposed during their original season, when Corey had a talk with his supposed best friend who was the one who had had sex with Evelin?

• Love 2
On 9/12/2021 at 5:26 PM, Boston said:

Ellie is a spineless jellyfish.. or someone who has no direction.  Shut Up.  Stop with the fake tears about someone you DON'T EVEN KNOW.  omg.  these women.

I just can't muster up any sympathy, despite her having had a tragedy in her life when her husband passed away.  I - do - not - like - her - even - one - iota.

And for all of her soap box, boastful, sanctimonious talking about moving to be with the cheater, when her friend came to pick her up and drive her to the airport her house didn't seem to look like anything had been sold out of it, so WTF exactly is she giving up right now to be with him?  Clearly she's going there on an extended hiatus from her Seattle life, and is keeping all of her possessions and business on the back burner, as she well should.  And there's absolutely nothing wrong with not giving up her Seattle life and things to be with this cheater.  Just don't lie and act like you are.

On 9/12/2021 at 5:29 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

What is up with Ellie's  seriously  receding hairline?

Hare Krishna, Jenny!

Her five-head forehead epitomizes the term "chrome dome".

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Wasn't that not-a-secret already exposed during their original season, when Corey had a talk with his supposed best friend who was the one who had had sex with Evelin?

Raul.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, magemaud said:

Or wear it as the new wedding necessity-a second dress for the reception 

I seriously do not get this trend of second and even third dresses for weddings, and I used to be a wedding coordinator from the late 80s up through the mid-90s.  Back then it was not a "thing".  My opinion, as both a wedding planner and someone who's been a bride with an over-the-top first wedding, as much money as is spent on the wedding gowns, and as beautiful as they are, WTF would you want to change into a different dress after having worn the bridal gown for only the ceremony portion of the wedding?  I loved my wedding gown so much that I wished the wedding and reception were longer so that I could have enjoyed wearing it longer than I actually did. 

I guess this is just my old-fashioned, out-of-date opinion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 9/12/2021 at 7:28 PM, JeanJean said:

I've had it with Angela. While she was yelling nonstop over Usman on Bares All, I thought, does it EVER occur to her that the AUDIENCE might like to hear what the other people besides her have to say? (I guess that's a rhetorical question.)

You so hit the nail on the head with that assessment.  Angela is beyond effing rude, always only thinking completely about herself. 

As an audience member it ticks me off whenever there's talking over each other going on because I want to hear what each person has to say.

If I were her castmates, that would piss me off to no end.

The same with useless Shaun.  She should also be pissed off for Granny's disruptions.  But then again, that's probably what Sharp wants to happen.  They probably think it's great for ratings, when in actuality it pisses 90 Day fans off.  And stupid me to think that Shaun could control any interviews.  She's as useless as Andy Cohen is on BRAVO.

• Love 3
On 9/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, Adeejay said:

Yawn. Two years ago, someone posted Corey and Evelin's wedding certificate on Reddit.  They have been married for about four years. Her sisters are just as ugly as they are mean.  

Gee Ellie, perhaps you should have thought about whether it was a good idea to visit a hurricane ravaged island, before getting on three airplanes.  

I couldn't believe Ari had the nerve to be upset that Bini invited his ex-girlfriend to dinner, when she invited her (ex)-husband to visit her on another Continent.   

This is indicative of even more fakeness on the part of Sharp, hiring a couple who's already married.  Part of the premise of this show is supposed to be, "Will they or won't they get married?"  Hiring a couple that's already married is as fake as it gets.

I totally agree with you as well about the ugliness of the sisters.  Evelin is just as ugly however, because ugly inside ALWAYS seeps to the outside, as it has clearly done on these three hags.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Now my question is, were Corey and Evelin already married when she screwed Raul? They definitely were when he cheated on her with the girl in Peru. To me, being "on a break" doesn't mean you can have sex with others if you're married. 

• Love 4
On 9/12/2021 at 9:57 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

Man, I really don't like either Ari or Bini.  Ari is the worst type of entitled hypocrite - At no point in the series has she tried so hard with the clothes, hair, and make-up, and it is when the ex husband is here.  The one she still has feelings for, the one she didn't fully end things with b/c she wanted to "see". The one she lights up for whenever he walked in the room.  She is a person who def wants to have her cake (Bini and the baby and this exotic life) and eat it too (but have stability with Leandro).  She also can't see past herself at all.  Of course things are awkward, how would you expect them to be?  To blame Bini for making it weird is the ultimate in denial and projection.  And Bini is an idiot for throwing away a beautiful women like Tsoni for these American women he keeps getting with that treat him like a disposable man.  That, however, is fully on Bini's dumbass.  Also, Leandro did not say "no, I didn't have sex with her", so until they fully deny it, I find the entire situation between Ari and Leandro shady af.  Personally, I vote for Leandro and Tsoni...they would be cute together and far less messy than everyone else in this love rectangle. 

Sumit is willing to let Jenny scam a religious sect in his country instead of marrying her?  His last line in his talking head to the essence of this was the last hope b/c I'm not going to give up my parents to marry Jenny should be all the blows that Jenny needs to hear.  Why does he keep lying and playing her?  I think they do have a great connection, but I'm always reminded that this relationship started on in a catfish lie. He either needs to man up and either marry her or be totally straightforward in the fact that he won't ever marry her.  Jenny's an idiot for letting herself get played like this.  On the bright side, her outfits in Indian have actually been super cute.  I loved the tights/cigarrette pants under the pretty pink kurti/shalwar. 

I felt Ellie's friend love for her in that fierce hug.  She is worried for her friend's mental state and physical safety.  Ellie is making some crazy decisions.

Awww, I just love Kenny and Armando, and I wish Kenny would come clean to Armando about feeling like he's homesick and missing his kids and grandson.  He can be happy to be with Armando, and still miss his people.

Evelyn has decided that since she deigned to marry this idiot that she, someone who we are repeatedly told didn't want to get married, is going full bridezilla to spend as much of his money as possible. That prom dress was obviously a prom dress. I don't like Evelyn, but I think it was tacky that Cory brought it to her dishonestly and with a bit of disrespect.  Maybe he thought she wouldn't know it wasn't an American style of wedding dress, and he could get over.  I feel like if he approached it differently, I would have a little more respect for him.  Evelyn was gonna be a bitch about it either way, but at least have some dignity. 

Didn't it come out that Bini and Tsoni had only been broken up/on a break for 2 months or so when he met and hooked up with American wife #1?  Tsoni still seems hurt by that, even though it's in the past and he's already on American wife #2.

That's probably the only thing that Bini and awful Ari have in common - their respective abilities to move on from their significant others without batting an eye in shamefully quick amounts of time.  She literally had only just left Leandro to travel the world, then gets herself knocked up in a third world country where she doubles down and decides to permanently reside as well moving forward from that.

Clearly, but-for the pregnancy she would have returned to Leandro and tried to pick up right where she left off. 

I just can't get over how calm Leandro is about how horribly awful Ari had treated him.  HTF is he not still pissed off at her?  And WTF is Bini all jealous that Leandro wants her back with that Miss Piggie snout face of hers?  Love must truly be blind, as well as deaf and dumb.  Not that he's any bargain either.  He's not that high scoring in the looks department, though he is in tremendous physical shape.  Meanwhile, lumpy, dumpy, frumpy awful Ari is the "catch" over Tsoni?  Does Bini hate females of his own race or what???  Tsoni is a bombshell.  That's the woman I'd be crying my eyes out over not being with any longer, NOT Miss Piggie.

As regards jerk Jenny, that is the only nice thing I will ever say about her.  Her Indian outfits are super-adorable and delightfully colorful.

At first jerk Jenny and Sumit's battle was with getting him legally and officially divorced from his arranged marriage wife.  Back then had Sumit let on at all that if his parents never came around to blessing his marriage he would never go through with it, or did he falsely lead that stupid heifer on to believe that the divorce was their only obstacle and after that was handled there wouldn't be any further obstacles to his marrying her?

When someone shows you who you are, believe them.  Sumit showed himself to be a scammer when he first catfished her.  He has since continued his hustle by using his parents as the reason why he cannot marry her.  With every fiber of his being he is on the daily demonstrating that he doesn't intend to marry her, yet this hag continues to hang in there, believing that at some point she will be able to pressure him into defying his parents and shaming his family by marrying her.  ZERO sympathy for this idiot who chooses to ignore all of the signs.

Evelin and Corey can go eat nails for all I care.

• Love 8
On 9/13/2021 at 11:17 AM, Mondrianyone said:

But . . . Kenny wouldn't have to stretch his funds if he were in the US and working. If they have to economize, that's because Kenny quit his job and Armando gave up his business.

I remember that Armando had a dog grooming business, and that's a needed service in most of the world. Kenny could easily work as his assistant, answering the phone, collecting the fees, and washing the dogs. I guess this is much too practical advice for a TLC storyline. They'd rather have the couple crying and gnashing over every little bump in the road.

• Love 8
On 9/13/2021 at 2:02 AM, mamadrama said:

It's like TLC managed to take every horrible, boring HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL couples and gave them their own show.  I feel like every one of these couples is frauding or trolling us this season. 

Bini and Ari? I think she married him so that he could get a Green card. She's secretly been in love with him all this time but it hasn't been reciprocated. 

Or he's gay.

Or Andro is dating Ari and Bini is dating his ex and all 4 of them are frauding us.

No way did Ellie sell her pizza place OR her condo. 

It really says something when Kenny & Armando's biggest drama is that his daughter is sad that she lost her free babysitter.

Sumit and Jenny are just sad. I'm embarrassed FOR her. I've known many Hare Krishnas and they frown heavily upon sex outside of marriage. They *might* let it go for devotional devotees, but not for missionaries. 

The temple leader was totally hor, though. Like an Indian Father Tiffany.

WTF are Corey and Evilin still doing on here? And why is TLC pretending

Reveal spoiler

that they're not already married and haven't been for years? 

They HAVE to be trolling us. She's not that awful and he's not that stupid. Although his face was never more punchable than when he was talking about the prom dress in his talking head.

I may have zoned out. How are Alina and SteVen  going to live in Turkey? You can't just decide to up and move there. I have friends there and it's hella hard to get residency, especially for Russians. How will either of them work? I hate it when they make it look like you can just up and move to wherever you want, whenever. (Looking at YOU 'Under the Tuscan Sun.")

I guess I don't give AF about any of these people. The only one I find remotely interesting is Steven and Alina, and that's because I'm not sure where it's going.

I LOVE that movie, as well as Diane Lane.

• Love 3