Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I agree. When I think “big name” I think Gina, Lexie, Rachel, Caroline, and Kat. Four of those due to leadership and Kat because she’s well known. If Victoria hadn’t left she would be included in that group too. 

I think the problem is that "big name" is different for different people.  Daphne and Amanda are certainly "bigger" than any of last years rookies. A lot of people thought Amanda would be point some day and both are on show group. So I can see it. But Gina or Rachel would probably be more surprising.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

In the caption, Kelli had the hashtag #ShitSugarDoes.

Her dog is a shih tzu that’s why she writes that. We have the same breed. 

15 minutes ago, filishtay said:

SHE’S HERE TO STAY 🤩☺️🤍

46C2190A-9A80-40F9-99BB-388573927B5A.jpeg

I’m happy she’s staying. I like her. 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, PleasantSmile05 said:

I like her too so I was glad when I saw her in the picture 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/29/2021 at 5:46 PM, SanDiegoGal said:

With Amanda and Daphne leaving the team (in addition to the already-announced retirements and Victoria's departure), could this possibly be the year that JALYN finally gets a chance to shine? In her rookie year, she was one of my favorites along with Ashlee. I've always felt that something was awry the next year when Kelli booted her from Show Group. Whether or not the Victoria rumors are correct, it never felt quite right that Kelli suddenly turned cold on Jalyn. I don't expect to see her in the triangle, but I'd at least like to see her acknowledged as a quality dancer, back on Show Group, closer to the front of the triangle, and a 2nd GL. 

I totally agree! I always liked Jalyn & now that she has some seniority (and Kellie can't place her favorite ahead of Jalyn) she has a chance to get back on show group and get better placement on the field.

Edited by Bellisima08
Spelling error.
  • Love 19

Amanda was my favorite. Hoping to see her dancing again!  I work as a nurse at a large health care system that did not make the corana virus vaccine mandatory. Very few nurses got it. Everyone has their own reasons and I respect that. I just wish it wasn't Amanda. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

In the caption, Kelli had the hashtag #ShitSugarDoes.

Doesn’t really indicate it was because of her dog. She uses that hashtag with every single picture she posts of her dog.  

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I really don't understand the homophobic thing with Rachel. When this topic was first mentioned during her rookie year, I asked someone to point out to me what she tweeted that was homophobic, and the person just told me to look at her twitter. I did and I saw a bunch of stuff about her conservative politics, but I didn't see anything homophobic. I'm still lost as to where that comes from, unless people assumed that conservative automatically = homophobic. Just like some assumed conservative = antivax (cough cough).

ETA: I wasn't asking the question back then (or now) to attack or challenge, but because I wanted to see it for myself. That label, just like the "racist" label is so damaging, it can absolutely destroy a person's reputation and prospects, so I need to see some evidence before I'm willing to get on board.

IIRC, it was her boyfriend’s Twitter that had the homophobic tweets, and since they were similarly aligned in other right wing viewpoints, the assumption was made that she felt the same on that issue as well. Specifically I think it was about marriage equality. 

That said, it’s been a few years and she wouldn’t be the first person that lightened up on that point of view over time. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Cj1 said:

Amanda was my favorite. Hoping to see her dancing again!  I work as a nurse at a large health care system that did not make the corana virus vaccine mandatory. Very few nurses got it. Everyone has their own reasons and I respect that. I just wish it wasn't Amanda. 

Was the "leaving because of the vaccine requirement" ever confirmed as to why one was leaving or was it just a guess coinciding with the NFL announcement & Rachel W. being both a big name and assumed to be anti-vax because of how conservative she is and then took on a life of its own as a reason one vet left?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Sad to see Daphne go! She was a great dancer. If she had been part of a different rookie class, I think she would have gotten a lot more recognition. There was just too much talent in the 2018 class.

As sad as I am to see all the retirements, I'm trying to keep positive that maybe this will make room for some of my fave & returning TCCs. We all know how Kelli loves her "bouquet" of hair colors and with the last few retirements being blondes, maybe this will make it easier for them (Ashlinn and Madeline).

Edited by pancakes
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, kalibean said:

IIRC, it was her boyfriend’s Twitter that had the homophobic tweets, and since they were similarly aligned in other right wing viewpoints, the assumption was made that she felt the same on that issue as well. Specifically I think it was about marriage equality. 

That said, it’s been a few years and she wouldn’t be the first person that lightened up on that point of view over time. 

Thank you for answering this, I appreciate knowing this. Is she still dating the same guy?

3 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Was the "leaving because of the vaccine requirement" ever confirmed as to why one was leaving or was it just a guess coinciding with the NFL announcement & Rachel W. being both a big name and assumed to be anti-vax because of how conservative she is and then took on a life of its own as a reason one vet left?

There was a post on Reddit about how someone overheard at a Dallas hair salon that some girls were leaving over the vaccine mandate but I don't think that has been confirmed anywhere. I can totally see Daphne being hurt and Amanda getting a better job as the reasons. 

As for the rookie cuts, I'm not super shocked by TCC Amanda. I'm pretty sure she took a few auditions to get onto the Golden State Dance team and then she was only on it  for a year or two. I liked her because she had posted dance videos so I knew her but I was never blown away by her dancing. Not sure what happened with Bre who I thought was pretty good in the videos she posted but maybe it was the choreography. Madisyn, I'm not really surprised, of the 3 TCU girls she was the least featured in dances even as a senior. Kya is gorgeous but I guess the dancing just wasn't there, same with Erin. 

I'm happy to still see KayDianna, Ashley, Ashlinn, and Madeline!

Anyone know if they've already had makeovers? I have hair thoughts hahahaa. I'm annoyed they made Kleine blonder instead of emphasizing the strawberry blonde she had. There's enough blondes already and with Savannah retiring and Madisyn being cut they need another readhead lol. I also think Tori looks better brunette than blonde. Kelee needs a better wig stat. I love the lighter color Armani and Jada are rocking. Jordann needs her roots done or more highlights or something, the balayage is bad.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

Just leaving this here...no Amanda, Daphne or Kat among the Vets pictured😥😥😥 But I see Rachel W.!!IMG_20210629_194004.thumb.jpg.7f2c401d2e91f21751ce89749e1d0f8b.jpg

If you look really closely,  you can see Kat in the far background near Kelli.... she's talking to someone...maybe a camera guy for MTT.

1 hour ago, PleasantSmile05 said:

I have a half Shih Tzu! It makes me giggle that Kelli spells it #ShihtSugarDoes 😂

1 hour ago, PleasantSmile05 said:

Same!!

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Anyone know if they've already had makeovers? I have hair thoughts hahahaa. I'm annoyed they made Kleine blonder instead of emphasizing the strawberry blonde she had. There's enough blondes already and with Savannah retiring and Madisyn being cut they need another readhead lol. I also think Tori looks better brunette than blonde. Kelee needs a better wig stat. I love the lighter color Armani and Jada are rocking. Jordann needs her roots done or more highlights or something, the balayage is bad.

I keep thinking DCC is going to have no redheads this year, and then I remember that Jalyn is still on the team lol. Also, in this video from DCC IG, Claire's hair looks pretty red

I think Tori and Kelee are both just drop dead gorgeous. But I agree that Tori looks better as a brunette. I think Kelee looks fine with her current hair, but it hides her amazing bone structure which is a shame.

Speaking of makeovers, I need Amber and Melanie to get their hair and makeup to look more like Molly from S12 and Sydney Durso lol. 

Edited by HitItHarder..BAM
Forgot Melanie's name
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Another insider also said something along the lines of "her actions/immaturity caught up with her and she chose to walk away rather than apologize" (don't remember the poster or exact wording without going back to look it up).

Given that, I don't think it's a health crisis (mental or physical)/parental divorce/etc. Sounds to me like she got caught up in something and chose to walk away until it dies down.

A pure guess: she's so twitterpated, she started choosing boyfriend over DCC, possibly showing up late or blowing off DCC things (practices, etc). When it got back to Kelli, Kelli didn't like it. Rather than apologize & put DCC back on top priority, VK chose to "take a year off" -- again a pure guess, but given the "she chose not to apologize post," I'm thinking along these lines.

If she did choose her BF over DCC I hope he treats her right and doesn’t break her heart!  If he treats her wrong after what she gave up for him (if that is truly the reason she hit pause) then that is not ok at all.  She does seem pretty exclusive with him and maybe his friend group based on Instagram.  Looks like he enjoys the bars (which is fun at that age!).

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I work as a nurse at a 500 bed hospital with reputed pulmonology intensivists and we took covid patients from all over the state and other states because of our pulmonology team and availability of ECMO. Nearly every nurse chose to get vaccinated and it is not mandatory. I am just putting this out there so people aren't thinking nurses don't want it - that's not the case - we were all clamoring to get the vaccine as quickly as it became available.

I have a hard time buying that Amanda left the team solely because of the vaccine, I think something else was brewing. 

Amanda gave the impression from day one she wanted to be a star in Hollywood first choice.  She then chose DCC to be on TV as a stepping stone.  Not a surprise she’s gone 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Agreed.  Also, I won’t hold someone accountable for what their boyfriend says.  My husband at times says some things I don’t agree with. 
I think she is very pretty and makes a good point. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Kiasmom said:

Kya appears to be missing from the Denise D. Photo.  As do a few others.  TCC Amanda, Madisyn, TCC Erin, and Bre.  Though I may not be able to recognize all the TCC.

Well it could be Bre is actually in this picture if this person is right in tagging Bre in this pic on IG. Which would mean another TC is not.  Who knows? Frankly I’m having a very difficult time telling a bunch of the blonde TCC apart. 

20A15C85-3D54-466E-810A-CA3DB7001D1B.png

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2021 at 9:46 PM, PepperM said:

OKAY so now that I’ve caught up on everything - I’m gutted to find out Amanda is the vax refuser. I liked her so much.

It’s not my intention to start another discussion on refusing or taking vaccinations but I would like to share a little something about me with you guys.

I am very much a pro-vaxer. I am also someone who developed a severe side-effect after a shot with Pandremix (against the Swine flu) For personal reasons, I will not elaborate on this any further. 
After a long period of contemplation, I decided to get my Corona shot. That wasn’t easy. I was scared because it is another new vaccine that was implemented with remarkable speed and thus had less testing than other vaccines.

So, in a way I do understand some of the reasons why people choose not to have one, which is not the same as agreeing with this btw. Amanda is still Amanda to me, and I won’t think less of her for refusing. 

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Well it could be Bre is actually in this picture if this person is right in tagging Bre in this pic on IG. Which would mean another TC is not.  Who knows? Frankly I’m having a very difficult time telling a bunch of the blonde TCC apart. 

20A15C85-3D54-466E-810A-CA3DB7001D1B.png

They also tagged Madisyn who was cut so I think they are guessing as well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, BeverlyHills said:

Amanda gave the impression from day one she wanted to be a star in Hollywood first choice.  She then chose DCC to be on TV as a stepping stone.  Not a surprise she’s gone 

thisssss omg. just another one of kelli's inconsistent standards. with amanda's resume/what she's attempted to do in the past, it's clear she just wants to be famous for doing something and will throw whatever at the wall to see what sticks. she's attempted acting, attempted a singing career, and was a model on some tv show. now she is (or was) an NFL cheerleader on a tv show. but kelli didn't care despite thinking anyone who doesn't have DCC as their ultimate life goal is a little demon unworthy of the team. just odd.

remember in season 14 when kelli was talking to madeline s., asking her if this was actually her 'dream' rather than simply her mother's, and said, 'where is your SOUL? is it broadway? is it print modeling? is it being a dallas cowboys cheerleader?

madeline s. said something about loving to perform and wanting to 'get the ball rolling.' then kelli was like, 'is this a rolling ball for you? we used to be almost OFFENDED if somebody considered this a stepping stone.' 

and it seemed like she really disliked madeline s. based on that conversation. you just have to laugh.

(and yes, that's almost a verbatim transcription because i was playing season 14 as background noise and skipped to that scene to refresh my memory. also, my GOD, madeline s. is freaking stunning)

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
46 minutes ago, Cj1 said:

I am happy to hear your nurses did the right thing. I was first in line. I don't understand my co-workers train of thought. 

I have been a PICU nurse for a long time and have worked with many vaccine injured children. Everybody makes their own decision based on their own experiences. My unit is about 50/50. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 1:11 AM, Bellisima08 said:

I totally agree! I always liked Jalyn & now that she had some seniority (and Kellie can't place her favorite ahead of Jalyn) she has a chance to get back on show group and get better placement on the field.

And you know that Kelli LOVES playing the mean bitchy girl and will 24/7 forever hold a grudge even if the girl IS a favorite and the min you do something that offends Kelli you are dumped from favourites to nothing and as much as we all love Jayln ... we all know Kelli will never "allow" her to shine again in that way. Look at Holly P Kitty did say she could do the whole show group by herself and then the Holly/Jenna situation happened and Holly went from rockstar DCC to nothing at all however good her dancing is. Same as Jalyn. Whatever she done that made Kelli "demote" her, we all know theres no recovery from her regardless of how much of a rockstar dancer she is.

As for the VK speculation. I will hold on to my theory in a previous post. I think her leaving has something to do with her IG being hacked. I also starting to think that maybe she is being sued. one of the many reasons why Judy said "take a step back and breath". Enough to make my boots shiver and panic if I was to (for example) be in that position if that makes sense at all

Edited by Uk-Eve
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I really don't understand the homophobic thing with Rachel. When this topic was first mentioned during her rookie year, I asked someone to point out to me what she tweeted that was homophobic, and the person just told me to look at her twitter. I did and I saw a bunch of stuff about her conservative politics, but I didn't see anything homophobic. I'm still lost as to where that comes from, unless people assumed that conservative automatically = homophobic. Just like some assumed conservative = antivax (cough cough).

ETA: I wasn't asking the question back then (or now) to attack or challenge, but because I wanted to see it for myself. That label, just like the "racist" label is so damaging, it can absolutely destroy a person's reputation and prospects, so I need to see some evidence before I'm willing to get on board.

I think it may be a lot like her being an anti-vaxxer.  It is assumed based on her politics.  

• Love 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Planet X said:

Why do people downgrade Amanda for going to California and trying new things ?  The girl left a small town in New Jersey right out of highschool hoping to fulfill a dream like many others do  Granted maybe stardom didn’t come her way but accomplished a lot ! I say kudos to her for trying and living her life!

'downgrade'...? i was pointing out how kelli always complains about people using DCC as a 'stepping stone' (which i don't care about; it's cheerleading with a ridiculously short shelf life) but while amanda is probably the most blatant example of it we've ever seen, it didn't seem to affect her making the team at all, while madeline s. almost got chewed out for daring to have even vague aspirations beyond DCC

Edited by vanillagum
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Planet X said:

Why do people downgrade Amanda for going to California and trying new things ?  The girl left a small town in New Jersey right out of highschool hoping to fulfill a dream like many others do  Granted maybe stardom didn’t come her way but accomplished a lot ! I say kudos to her for trying and living her life!

I didn't get a sense of they were saying it was downgrade but her show didn't get picked up from previously trying an acting career and since she moved states to do something else. I get the feeling it wasn't working for her (I'm saying this since I live in SoCal and have friends who pursued and currently pursuing acting and dancing careers) and thats why she moved on to DCC which isn't a bad choice because I remember her saying in the fittings to Kelli that she wanted to dance till her body told her she couldn't anymore so I believe she'll go back to LA to dance not for acting.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, TB12 said:

I like the diversity of the body types but... others many shaped like Lisa have been cut bc of their body type that is why she's not my fave. Maybe not the best answer but i'm all about fair is fair now i'm wondering why I love the DCC bc this 'world class' squad couldn't be further from fair with its decision making...

I have always wondered the same thing.  I thought the same of Taylor from 2 yrs ago (left after her rookie year).  She had very muscular thighs like a figure skater.  Nothing wrong with it, but she didn't match up physically with the rest of the team.  I'm not trying to be mean, but after watching MTT since Season 1, I definitely see that the "type" that Kelli apparently likes is softer, not overly muscular body types.  If anyone remembers, Kelli kind of dinged Vivian in a voiceover for having muscular legs (and being short).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cj1 said:

I am happy to hear your nurses did the right thing. I was first in line. I don't understand my co-workers train of thought. 

The right thing? For you yes. And for those who rejected it, they did the right thing too. 

Too many variables when it comes to personal health for there to be only one "right thing" for everyone.

Your life. Your body. Your choice. Take care everyone!

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
39 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I have always wondered the same thing.  I thought the same of Taylor from 2 yrs ago (left after her rookie year).  She had very muscular thighs like a figure skater.  Nothing wrong with it, but she didn't match up physically with the rest of the team.  I'm not trying to be mean, but after watching MTT since Season 1, I definitely see that the "type" that Kelli apparently likes is softer, not overly muscular body types.  If anyone remembers, Kelli kind of dinged Vivian in a voiceover for having muscular legs (and being short).

Have you seen Taylor lately? She is a TINY, TINY, TINY ball of muscle I often wonder if Kelli's talk about the DCC look impacted her decision to leave and her body metamorphosis. I never thought she had a body issue when she was a DCC the only thing I noticed was a bit of a tummy (albeit prob not even half centimeter) but as kelli says, those shorts are very unforgiving... here's an idea, get the girl a slightly larger pair of shorts and she wouldn't have any tummy at all. So go from a size zero to a size two... 

• Love 13

Long time lurker first time poster......IF someone chooses to not get vaccinated that is their choice.  I did get it but I am not planning on having kids & getting close to the age where I can't. If I were someone of child bearing years that wanted kids I would likely think really hard about it b/c of the unknown. Just my 2 cents. I still believe it is & should be a personal choice especially because it is relatively new.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Have you seen Taylor lately? She is a TINY, TINY, TINY ball of muscle I often wonder if Kelli's talk about the DCC look impacted her decision to leave and her body metamorphosis. I never thought she had a body issue when she was a DCC the only thing I noticed was a bit of a tummy (albeit prob not even half centimeter)

was about to say this. it's crazy how much smaller she is now. i've seen some people say that she implied weight struggles/obsession was part of why she left the team but i have no idea if she actually said that/if that has any validity 

i always thought her body was amazing. muscular but feminine

• Love 9
On 6/28/2021 at 6:11 PM, Opine said:

Yeah, that's not gonna happen (re VK).  We are all here because we are nosey.  And snarky.  And love each other for it!!!!  My rule is that if you tell me half your story, I WILL absolutely decide the other half.  So unless I can't possibly come up with something worse than the truth, dude, just tell me.  

BTW, does anyone know why Gooodbye always has 3 o's now?

I believe we were separated at birth!!! 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

was about to say this. it's crazy how much smaller she is now. i've seen some people say that she implied weight struggles/obsession was part of why she left the team but i have no idea if she actually said that/if that has any validity 

Hmmm... she has a post about excessive caloric deficit and overtraining. There may be something to that rumour. 

From her insta:

"ranging from 1.5-2 hours of cardio per day. On top of over an hour of strength training, one hour sauna session daily, 2 hour dance classes/practice. In the gym twice a day 7 days out of the week. Eating about 1,200 cals a day"

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Agreed... she just looks so incredibly tiny now & like you, I thought her body was amazing, she had a real figure and an enviable one at that...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

thisssss omg. just another one of kelli's inconsistent standards. with amanda's resume/what she's attempted to do in the past, it's clear she just wants to be famous for doing something and will throw whatever at the wall to see what sticks. she's attempted acting, attempted a singing career, and was a model on some tv show. now she is (or was) an NFL cheerleader on a tv show. but kelli didn't care despite thinking anyone who doesn't have DCC as their ultimate life goal is a little demon unworthy of the team. just odd.

remember in season 14 when kelli was talking to madeline s., asking her if this was actually her 'dream' rather than simply her mother's, and said, 'where is your SOUL? is it broadway? is it print modeling? is it being a dallas cowboys cheerleader?

madeline s. said something about loving to perform and wanting to 'get the ball rolling.' then kelli was like, 'is this a rolling ball for you? we used to be almost OFFENDED if somebody considered this a stepping stone.' 

and it seemed like she really disliked madeline s. based on that conversation. you just have to laugh.

(and yes, that's almost a verbatim transcription because i was playing season 14 as background noise and skipped to that scene to refresh my memory. also, my GOD, madeline s. is freaking stunning)

Kelli makes me laugh. You cannot be a DCC forever so of course, these women will have ambitions further down the line! Fine, all DCC from now on will have to be there until they're 30 and then have zero back-up plans. 

The scene when Kitty was in studio and they talked to Cersten about her medical school plans. On camera, they were all 'we value education and bettering yourself' but I'm sure they were fairly pissed that someone had plans fairly imminently. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

The scene when Kitty was in studio and they talked to Cersten about her medical school plans. On camera, they were all 'we value education and bettering yourself' but I'm sure they were fairly pissed that someone had plans fairly imminently. 

Milan spoke out about how Kitty ripped into her about not trying out for Show Group because she didn't have time with college. Then the show spun it like she was sad about not being able to try out when she was actually emotional over being yelled at.  Can't let the truth get in the way of the brand. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20