Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, Stee said:

People are shocked and angered by the idea that the girls are being “forced” to get vaccinated… the same girls who are assigned haircuts and hair colors without their input, told what to wear on an airplane, taught how to eat soup in public, and are weighed weekly. 

If you don’t want to be vaccinated and instead want to stand up for your “rights and beliefs,” you haven’t been paying attention to the last 15 seasons of MTT!

Requesting the girls be vaccinated is probably one of the BETTER decisions the team has made, and one that is there to protect them. But to each, their own… 

I agree with you.  DCC requires A LOT from these girls and pays them very very little to do it.  So asking them to be vaccinated is one the least harmful things they ask, considering quite a few of these girls practically give themselves eating disorders to make weight.  I’m not saying vaccinations and eating disorders are the same, just that these girls put themselves thru a lot in order to make and remain on the team because it’s so demanding. 🤦🏽‍♀️

On 6/26/2021 at 4:12 AM, ByTor said:

I wonder if there were rumblings of required vaccination going around the organization for a while, and THAT is what prompted Victoria's mature, brave decision to leave. 

I don’t think that is why, because if the NFL is requiring vaccinations this year they’ll require it for at least a few more years.   I think Victoria’s reason is mental.  The girl put herself thru it in order to become a DCC and at her young age I bet it took a toll. 

Edited by KickPretty
👋🏽
  • Love 19
On 6/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, BunnyHop96 said:

Kelli's talking head in promos for the show: "This is the LARGEST retiring class we've had in years, possibly EVER and the MOST TALENTED group of TCCs to touch this field"

It provides so much CLARITY on how WORLD CLASS we really are.

• LOL 11

I'm hoping that Amanda isn't injured and instead got a better gig than DCC. Of all of the vets I think she is the most likely considering her past in television. I'm thinking TV show pilot or a high paying modeling job. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I am still betting on Rachel W for the other retiring Vet

I think you're right. Perhaps...

Rachel W. is the vet who retired for vaccine reasons.

Amanda is the vet who retired for "other" reasons. Injury? Unexpected life event? A Hollywood casting agent called?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I think you're right. Perhaps...

Rachel W. is the vet who retired for vaccine reasons.

Amanda is the vet who retired for "other" reasons. Injury? Unexpected life event? A Hollywood casting agent called?

Could be  -but Amanda was on the short list along with Rachel and Claire for suspected vaccine reasons. 

I actually thought Amanda was retiring prior to the announcements,  so this may have been the little push she wanted to move on with her life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, dotdot 37 said:

pluto is going to run all seasons of MTT maybe VK is taking time off so she does not have to put up with all the crap  that is going to come out with everyone watching VK 24/7

you mean they're finally adding seasons 13 and 14...? lmao

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I actually thought Amanda was retiring prior to the announcements,  so this may have been the little push she wanted to move on with her life.

Yep. Amanda’s personal IG used to be nearly 100% DCC. That changed completely around last Thanksgiving. Nearly zero DCC posts. I also thought she was going to be on the list of vets retiring.

On Friday when the leak of two more vets hit - Amanda had a skull on her IG story. She rarely posts. Make of the skull what you will - it’s nothing, it means “I’m dead,” or it is perhaps vaccine/covid related. 

I really hope it’s not solely vaccine related. I liked Amanda a lot, and loved seeing her on the team. I think she stopped being so enamored with DCC quite awhile ago. Here is her IG skull.

32553944-1487-445A-8B2D-645B2E9DA345.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Why would a Hollywood agent be calling Amanda??  

Part of her audition story was being on a TV pilot that didn’t get picked up. Maybe? 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

So a poster over on reddit had this to say about Victoria:

"I got some information about Victoria from a very reliable source. She did not leave the team due to not wanting to get the shots. She is having a hard time of it, so she took a year off. To respect Victoria, I will not state what the reasoning behind her leaving is. I wish her all the best and hope she is doing better. According to my reliable source she does not have an eating disorder, and no it is not the reason why she is taking time off. She will have to re-audition all over again. Let me say it is something personal and sad. She is dealing with it, and hopefully has the love and support to heal well. I also hope CMT, Kelli and Charlotte respect her by not using her leaving for a freaking story line because it would make my blood boil over if they do."

I wonder if her parents are going through the Big "D" and I don't mean Dallas

• Useful 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Since this sort of relates to the audition process mentality thats going on right now...there is an article out in SI all about NFL cheerleaders. Talks about wages, harassment and the general problems of the day. Several direct and possibly indirect DCC references in the article. Below some quotes related to maybe how these girls are feeling right now.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/28/how-fixes-to-cheerleading-are-hurting-women-daily-cover

"A you-are-replaceable mentality seems to be a theme throughout a lot of NFL cheerleading teams, but America gets a glimpse into it with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. " (talks about the "you make the uniform debacle)

“The sad side of that is you’re not always told what’s expected of you,” says a former NFL cheerleader, who agreed to speak to SI under the condition of anonymity. “Normally at the end of the job, you have an exit interview or you have a review of stats of how you’re doing and it happened only one time in my entirety of professional dance teams. It’s hard because sometimes they have thoughts about you that you probably could change or could go about differently and you don’t even know that’s what they’re targeting for you, so there are ways for them to manipulate the system.”

“We always felt disposable,” she says. “That’s how they talk about it. ‘Oh, that girl. She’s a tough cookie. She said something about the team; we’re not bringing her back,’ and they just think it’s a dime a dozen and there’ll be a line at tryouts.”

"One former cheerleader says that she believes because she spoke up in support of the Black Lives Matter movement last year she had to watch her behavior the rest of the year."

“I was like, ‘If I keep doing this, they’re literally not going to take me back on,’ ” she says. “‘They don’t want trouble. There are 500 girls lining up for a spot on this team. It’s not that hard to get rid of me.’ It’s something I had in the back of my mind.”

“I think it speaks to, [teams] don’t really value cheerleaders,” Ross says. “I think they just want us to do what they want us to do, and not complain about it and be that pretty face on the field.”

• Useful 19
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Since this sort of relates to the audition process mentality thats going on right now...there is an article out in SI all about NFL cheerleaders. Talks about wages, harassment and the general problems of the day. Several direct and possibly indirect DCC references in the article. Below some quotes related to maybe how these girls are feeling right now.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/28/how-fixes-to-cheerleading-are-hurting-women-daily-cover

"A you-are-replaceable mentality seems to be a theme throughout a lot of NFL cheerleading teams, but America gets a glimpse into it with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. " (talks about the "you make the uniform debacle)

“The sad side of that is you’re not always told what’s expected of you,” says a former NFL cheerleader, who agreed to speak to SI under the condition of anonymity. “Normally at the end of the job, you have an exit interview or you have a review of stats of how you’re doing and it happened only one time in my entirety of professional dance teams. It’s hard because sometimes they have thoughts about you that you probably could change or could go about differently and you don’t even know that’s what they’re targeting for you, so there are ways for them to manipulate the system.”

“We always felt disposable,” she says. “That’s how they talk about it. ‘Oh, that girl. She’s a tough cookie. She said something about the team; we’re not bringing her back,’ and they just think it’s a dime a dozen and there’ll be a line at tryouts.”

"One former cheerleader says that she believes because she spoke up in support of the Black Lives Matter movement last year she had to watch her behavior the rest of the year."

“I was like, ‘If I keep doing this, they’re literally not going to take me back on,’ ” she says. “‘They don’t want trouble. There are 500 girls lining up for a spot on this team. It’s not that hard to get rid of me.’ It’s something I had in the back of my mind.”

“I think it speaks to, [teams] don’t really value cheerleaders,” Ross says. “I think they just want us to do what they want us to do, and not complain about it and be that pretty face on the field.”

I know what team that was from the whole speaking up for black life’s matter and she was cut at finals 

• Love 2

Regarding Vicky, I'm still perplexed by Judy's comment on her post "Just take a deep breath and relax" (or something to that effect). That seems somewhat insensitive to say to someone who is struggling with depression or anxiety, does it not? I don't take the Jude-ster as someone who would be kind of insensitive/whatever you want to call it, though I could be wrong. I'm just so curious about VK's exit!

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Here is another point that was in there abt dcc regarding julia 

Women are constantly reminded that cheering for the Cowboys is an honor and a job they should be grateful to have. When one training camp candidate made the mistake of saying in a mock interview that she hopes to use her time as a cheerleader to help advance her broadcast journalism career, she was cut from the team’s training camp within a few days. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, rl27rl said:

I wonder if her parents are going through the Big "D" and I don't mean Dallas

Wait, what was said? The Reddit post was deleted did it allude to divorce?

1 minute ago, TB12 said:

Wait, what was said? The Reddit post was deleted did it allude to divorce?

From what I have read, her "leave" is not associated with her having an eating disorder, she is not pregnant, nor engaged . . . just trying to deduce what is left to choose from . . . Just that her leaving was due to a "big" change.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Duffer said:

Part of her audition story was being on a TV pilot that didn’t get picked up. Maybe? 

She, Amanda, was also a model on another reality show called Face Off for several seasons.  Maybe she’s over the DCC drama.  I will miss her if it is her.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

From what I have read, her "leave" is not associated with her having an eating disorder, she is not pregnant, nor engaged . . . just trying to deduce what is left to choose from . . . Just that her leaving was due to a "big" change.

Wow, the plot thickens, thanks for getting back to me!

• Love 1

Amanda cheered for my favorite Hockey team's biggest, most hated cross-state rival, and then cheered for the Cowboys (another team on my least favorites list), but despite that, was one of my favorite cheerleaders. I think she's one of the most beautiful girls they've ever had, and I'll miss seeing her on the show. That one shocks me.

I'd be less shocked about Rachel W. leaving, but maybe even more shocked than I was about Amanda if it's Claire W. leaving, as I think she's future point material.

All of that being said, I think it's Daphne.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Amanda cheered for my favorite Hockey team's biggest, most hated cross-state rival, and then cheered for the Cowboys (another team on my least favorites list), but despite that, was one of my favorite cheerleaders. I think she's one of the most beautiful girls they've ever had, and I'll miss seeing her on the show. That one shocks me.

I'd be less shocked about Rachel W. leaving, but maybe even more shocked than I was about Amanda if it's Claire W. leaving, as I think she's future point material.

Ha!  At least we have Gritty!!!  ;)

But, we also hate the Cowboys (football team) here too.  It always seemed weird to me that she'd be involved in Philly sports and then go to the Cowboys, but, whatever.  LOL

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, itsweird said:

Ha!  At least we have Gritty!!!  ;)

But, we also hate the Cowboys (football team) here too.  It always seemed weird to me that she'd be involved in Philly sports and then go to the Cowboys, but, whatever.  LOL

I'm glad we have Iceburgh instead 😉😂

But I agree, I think it's...interesting that she went to Dallas of all places, but I guess if another team had a TV show, maybe that team would have also been a possibility, since she's no stranger to TV

• Love 7
(edited)

Is Kelli stressed from training camp? 

"Finding a peaceful place to start my morning is critical. These are my famous "Jesus chairs" where I pray, plan and listen to nature and now ice my foot" 

Also she inserts her cameo link just in case

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 3.49.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 3.50.25 PM.png

Edited by Tuxcat
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

just in case anyone wants to gift her $300 bucks for a 60-second video...just in case!

i will literally never get over what she's charging

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

The training camp candidates who elected to leave don't owe anyone anything. I mean that as a generalization - not with regard to the board or us as fans. Their contract is not binding and they are free to go if they find the conditions to be unfavorable. With social on lockdown, we know little about what the conditions of training camp actually are.

The article above is enlightening. Kelli's selective memory and inconsistent standards (which we've witnessed for the last 16 years) would be unfavorable enough for me. It's not a choice I would make for myself but for the women who are fortunate enough to be of the favored ones, I don't blame them for keeping on. It's nice work if you can get it. On the other hand, if the rules have changed and they aren't on board, good for them for deciding for themselves. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Duffer said:

In her TCC year there was a lot of talk about if she would be a 1 and done girl as she wanted to be famous and in Hollywood. There was a lot of speculation that she was using DCC as a stepping stone as her other attempts hadn't succeeded. With the messiness of last year I can see why she stayed so I would totally believe she got the call for pilot season or something similar and is now hanging up her boots to go back to Hollywood.

• Love 3

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but good for Amanda. She is a beautiful and talented girl who gained a lot of love on here from her talent and seemingly real personality. I respect her for standing up for what she believes and living in her truth. That’s not easy to do at all especially in a world like this. She’s an intelligent girl with a lot going for her outside of DCC and I wish her the best. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, dfwxo said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but good for Amanda. She is a beautiful and talented girl who gained a lot of love on here from her talent and seemingly real personality. I respect her for standing up for what she believes and living in her truth. That’s not easy to do at all especially in a world like this. She’s an intelligent girl with a lot going for her outside of DCC and I wish her the best. 

We honestly don’t know why she left she could of gotten an injury 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

We honestly don’t know why she left she could of gotten an injury 

Yes for sure! I jumped the gun with my post but if it is due to the vaccine then my statement stands😊 wishing for the best!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Yay! Let’s Go Pens! (I mean, next year of course). 

Since I haven’t been following anyone on current squad, you think Daphne due to posting about injuries?

Also, there was so much talk (on here…mainly just fandom chatter) of wanting Bridget to be point. And then Bam! 2 years and retired. Now Amanda. I feel like there were other girls (ones who were fan favorites too) that just did 2 years and were out. Would love to know why. I’m sure you ask 100 2 years vets and you’ll get 100 different reasons. And I’m sure a lot of it will be that they got to experience a rookie year and vet year and now time to move on. But I’d just love to know specific reasons. I’m nebby. Wonder if we’ll ever get the 6-7 year vets again. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Since I haven’t been following anyone on current squad, you think Daphne due to posting about injuries?

Also, there was so much talk (on here…mainly just fandom chatter) of wanting Bridget to be point. And then Bam! 2 years and retired. Now Amanda. I feel like there were other girls (ones who were fan favorites too) that just did 2 years and were out. Would love to know why. I’m sure you ask 100 2 years vets and you’ll get 100 different reasons. And I’m sure a lot of it will be that they got to experience a rookie year and vet year and now time to move on. But I’d just love to know specific reasons. I’m nebby. Wonder if we’ll ever get the 6-7 year vets again. 

I’ve wondered about the 2 years too. Maybe they want the chance to be a rookie and the  a vet to see if it’s any better and then that’s enough for them? 

I’ve been sitting her pondering who it might be and I’ve come to the conclusion  that I don’t think I care that much. Not that I don’t like the girls, I just don’t feel attached to them and their stories like I did with people like Brennan and Christina and done others in the earlier seasons. 

Gina gets so much love but has always come across as super fake to me. Agree Amanda could go elsewhere and kill it. I’ve been #TeamKristin since her first year but it wouldn’t surprise me if she was cut due to the insta stuff from last year. Couldn’t even tell you a rookie from last years name. Don’t get me wrong I’ll still be sitting here waiting to see who it is 🤣 but it all just seems so meh now 

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Yes. I was swayed by the clues that others put together about Daphne and her injury. I really can't see anyone else being a possibility. This is pure speculation by me, but I feel that Rachel W. probably wants solo point, so I don't think she'd be the one leaving.

I thought for sure Maddie would be a 6 or 7 year girl. And also thought she wouldn't want to go out after a year like last year, but maybe her injury influenced her decision. I think we may see it sometime in the future, but I don't think anyone on the current squad would do more than 5.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Why would a Hollywood agent be calling Amanda??  

Amanda moved to Hollywood fresh out of high school, her show didn’t get picked up or something, and then she ended up on MTT.

I really like her, love her as a DCC, but I somehow knew she wouldn’t be a 5 year vet. I hope the vaccine speculation isn’t true, I doubt finicky Hollywood would be too kind on someone leaving MTT over a vaccine - doesn’t bode well for a future career in acting. Hopefully it’s for other (probably several) reasons.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Opine said:

Yeah, that's not gonna happen (re VK).  We are all here because we are nosey.  And snarky.  And love each other for it!!!!  My rule is that if you tell me half your story, I WILL absolutely decide the other half.  So unless I can't possibly come up with something worse than the truth, dude, just tell me.  

BTW, does anyone know why Gooodbye always has 3 o's now?

Yes girl!  We’re all nosey AF!  We all googled a rumor at one point and ended up in this thread look for the rest of the story! 😂😂😂😂😂😂 and whether it’s full truth or not I have fun with it.  Personally, I think VK is having a mini breakdown induced by her mother trying to live vicariously through her 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, Tuxcat said:

Is Kelli stressed from training camp? 

"Finding a peaceful place to start my morning is critical. These are my famous "Jesus chairs" where I pray, plan and listen to nature and now ice my foot" 

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 3.49.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 3.50.25 PM.png

If my eyes rolled any further back from the reveal that Kelli included her cameo in her post, I'd be dead!

Edited by Bellisima08
Left out a word
  • LOL 11
32 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Unless she’s peed on a stick in front of you, or shown you divorce papers from mom and dad, can the VK rumors stop? I’m starting to feel bad for the Zapruder level scrutiny she’s getting. I expect a poll next on the girl. Let her go live a fabulous gap year. I’m going to go make an orange milkshake now. With alcohol. 

Bye Amanda, whether you come back to Jersey, or head west, I hope you have an amazing life.

I’m with you.   So much endless speculation.  It’s soooo boring.  I wish a new thread would be started where anyone can discuss VK from here until eternity and I and anyone who else who doesn’t care can ignore it.  

• Love 16