Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Opine said:

Yeah, that's not gonna happen (re VK).  We are all here because we are nosey.  And snarky.  And love each other for it!!!!  My rule is that if you tell me half your story, I WILL absolutely decide the other half.  So unless I can't possibly come up with something worse than the truth, dude, just tell me.  

BTW, does anyone know why Gooodbye always has 3 o's now?

I'm interested from a PR standpoint. Her announcement seemed created to spark more speculation not less. Like you said, half the story in vague but yet dramatic fashion-- isn't really the way to put out the fires.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 22
18 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Amanda. 

Wow! I must say I didn't see that coming. I was sure it would be Rachel W. Although I guess she could be the other vet who is leaving or it could be Daphne (but I hope it's not her).

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

AMANDA NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The Office No GIF

Kevin Hart Crying GIF by Team Coco

As always I am the last one to know anything lol

My heart hurts for u😢. Hopefully she’s on to something big and living her dream. She’s too good for those clowns!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Here is another point that was in there abt dcc regarding julia 

Women are constantly reminded that cheering for the Cowboys is an honor and a job they should be grateful to have. When one training camp candidate made the mistake of saying in a mock interview that she hopes to use her time as a cheerleader to help advance her broadcast journalism career, she was cut from the team’s training camp within a few days. 

That's what they all do these days and rightfully so. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh for the record I don’t think it was miscarriage either. It’s just what that wording mad me think of (as though they are being far more dramatic than they need to be about her departure).  For me, I believe it was weight/health related combined with (im)maturity.

My thoughts didn't jump to miscarriage either. Weight/health reasons makes more sense given Victoria's past weight struggles & the pressure she was under. I do agree with you that it seems like the wording of her post about her retirement was crafted by someone else although I would hope that they were not intentionally trying to introduce a drama factor to it. If it were me, I would rather be straightforward in my reasons & not draw more attention to myself by getting everyone riled up with speculation.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

I wish a new thread would be started where anyone can discuss VK from here until eternity and I and anyone who else who doesn’t care can ignore it.  

I started one years ago that was called "I love Cassie Trammell: And other non popular opinions." I don't know whatever became of it though. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Trixi said:

My heart hurts for u😢. Hopefully she’s on to something big and living her dream. She’s too good for those clowns!

I know. We all knew from Day 1 that she was too good for DCC and DCC wasn't her "ultimate dream" like some people, but at the same time I wanted her to be a 5+ year vet, point of the triangle, group leader, all star, cover girl, etc...  but that's just me being selfish lol.

I wish nothing but the absolute best for Amanda in whatever she does next. I am sure it will be 10 million times better than DCC.

I just realized that my absolute favorite DCC girls were only there for two or three years (Sasha Agent, Rachel Lee Ann, Megan C., Holly P., Yuko, Hannah, and now Amanda) And there's rumors that Claire might be gone, and the TCC I was rooting for got cut. I am legit cursed lol. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

If my eyes rolled any further back from the reveal that Kelli included her cameo in her post, I'd be dead! At least now we know that Sugar is responsible for Kelli's foot injury.

How do you know it was Sugar? I didn’t see her say this on the post 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think quite a few DCC make the squad, check off that goal on the bucket list and call it good. Lifelong koolaid drinkers or short time future Instagram influencers all the same. @sleepyjean - didn’t your data have most being one and done? Through their own volition or not. 

I suspect for most, the dream isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, but some hold hope longer than others. Or just keep praying the sacrifice is worth the reward, whatever their post DCC goals are. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 13
59 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I know. We all knew from Day 1 that she was too good for DCC and DCC wasn't her "ultimate dream" like some people, but at the same time I wanted her to be a 5+ year vet, point of the triangle, group leader, all star, cover girl, etc...  but that's just me being selfish lol.

I wish nothing but the absolute best for Amanda in whatever she does next. I am sure it will be 10 million times better than DCC.

I just realized that my absolute favorite DCC girls were only there for two or three years (Sasha Agent, Rachel Lee Ann, Megan C., Holly P., Yuko, Hannah, and now Amanda) And there's rumors that Claire might be gone, and the TCC I was rooting for got cut. I am legit cursed lol. 

All those plus Amy T, Carissa, Mary Dill, Olivia Sharber and 1 of my all-time faves Maggie. Wished they would have stayed longer. Was ur TCC Madisyn? I don’t know much about her or even if thats how her name is spelled😂

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Come out come out who ever you are final vet leaving lol 😂 who ever it is they are hiding it well 

I don’t think it’s Gina, but this was on her IG story today. It’s almost like she is answering you 😆

87766801-A086-4E24-8A92-0CA9B288F093.jpeg

• Love 3
Just now, StellaCL said:

I don’t think it’s Gina, but this was on her IG story today. It’s almost like she is answering you 😆

87766801-A086-4E24-8A92-0CA9B288F093.jpeg

Whoever it is they are hiding it well 

1 hour ago, Trixi said:

All those plus Amy T, Carissa, Mary Dill, Olivia Sharber and 1 of my all-time faves Maggie. Wished they would have stayed longer. Was ur TCC Madisyn? I don’t know much about her or even if thats how her name is spelled😂

Yeah, it was Madisyn 😭😭😭😭

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I think quite a few DCC make the squad, check off that goal on the bucket list and call it good. Lifelong koolaid drinkers or short time future Instagram influencers all the same. @sleepyjean - didn’t your data have most being one and done? Through their own volition or not. 

I suspect for most, the dream isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, but some hold hope longer than others. Or just keep praying the sacrifice is worth the reward, whatever their post DCC goals are. 

Just under 60% of cheerleaders were on the team 1 year (27.3%) or 2 years (24.5%).

Of the 1-year girls, 54% left because they were cut, not because they wanted to leave.

I think there is some disillusionment, for sure. But the main thing is that this job requires so much of the DCC, there is only so long most people can afford do that. It takes a lot to become a 5 year DCC, but I imagine most people can't (or don't want to) defer progress in other areas of their lives for such a long period of time.

One or two years during college or fresh out of high school? Sure. But any more than that and my parents would've been like "LOL, no. Time to get a real job, or focus on preparing for grad school."

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 9
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, Isolabella said:

Regarding Vicky, I'm still perplexed by Judy's comment on her post "Just take a deep breath and relax" (or something to that effect). That seems somewhat insensitive to say to someone who is struggling with depression or anxiety, does it not? I don't take the Jude-ster as someone who would be kind of insensitive/whatever you want to call it, though I could be wrong. I'm just so curious about VK's exit!

I don't mean to be rude at all but what kind of comment would have been okay in this situation? I feel like any comment can be taken as insensitive if the person is struggling with depression or anxiety. But maybe that's just because I'm not good at comforting people and don't know the right words.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I don't mean to be rude at all but what kind of comment would have been okay in this situation? I feel like any comment can be taken as insensitive if the person is struggling with depression or anxiety. But maybe that's just because I'm not good at comforting people and don't know the right words.

Speaking as someone who has dealt with mental illness, it's generally better not to tell someone to just relax or think positively.  Clinical anxiety and depression go well beyond that, and there is often a chemical component or a stressor out of a person's immediate control. 

Something along the lines of "I know you are dealing with a lot right now, and I just want you to know I am here for you" is a pretty safe way of acknowledging the situation a person is in when dealing with a mental illness.  

That said - everyone responds differently. I might punch the next person who tells me that everything happens for a reason, but others find comfort in those sorts of statements.  Also, many people just dont know what to say in regards to mental health. It might be a well-meaning attempt to show support.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Whoever it is they are hiding it well 

I still think Daphne. She 'liked' a photo an hour ago when she would presumably be in training camp. Of course maybe they check their phones on break. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Of the 1-year girls, 54% left because they were cut, not because they wanted to leave.

With a stat like that its almost like TPTB aren’t so good at picking a world class team🤔

• Useful 5
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I still think Daphne. She 'liked' a photo an hour ago when she would presumably be in training camp. Of course maybe they check their phones on break. 🤷‍♀️

She’s been on my radar 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, bernie2018 said:

Maybe these words of wisdom the girls are posting are directed at us PrimeTimer readers 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😆

If they didn’t post them all the time everyday I would agree for sure 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

My thoughts didn't jump to miscarriage either. Weight/health reasons makes more sense given Victoria's past weight struggles & the pressure she was under. I do agree with you that it seems like the wording of her post about her retirement was crafted by someone else although I would hope that they were not intentionally trying to introduce a drama factor to it. If it were me, I would rather be straightforward in my reasons & not draw more attention to myself by getting everyone riled up with speculation.

It could be so many things - hopefully nothing like she was assaulted by a crazy stalker or something. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Amanda moved to Hollywood fresh out of high school, her show didn’t get picked up or something, and then she ended up on MTT.

I really like her, love her as a DCC, but I somehow knew she wouldn’t be a 5 year vet. I hope the vaccine speculation isn’t true, I doubt finicky Hollywood would be too kind on someone leaving MTT over a vaccine - doesn’t bode well for a future career in acting. Hopefully it’s for other (probably several) reasons.

It’s sad to see the good ones exit DCC early in hopes of stardom.  Because the ones like Holly, Kalyssa and even Abigail Klein never really made it in Hollywood, and they gave up DCC in hopes they would.  LA girls are a dime a dozen like them.  AK did make a Taco Bell commercial and a few small roles or Lifetime movies but that is still far from Alist.  Holly does back up dancing and posts videos but remains nameless otherwise from what I see.  Kalyssa is a lingerie model but certainly no Giselle level of fame.  Even Jasmine was on a season of the Bachelor and Melissa Rycroft did Bachelor and DWTS, but again these are only single seasons of reality TV.  I wish Amanda would realize likely that her stardom is in her own backyard so to speak.  (If she truly is leaving to pursue Hollywood).  Making DCC is very elite and difficult they don’t often realize they likely should maximize this peak window then try to stabs out in Hollywood at age 28 when they outgrow DCC. 

• Love 3

So we can rule out Amber and Kaydianna from cuts as it's Kaydiannas bday and amber made a post about can't wait to celebrate with you tonight.

Also Megan is still in Texas, so highly likely still in TCC

• Love 4

I'm feeling a bit feral at the moment, so I am going to be reckless and bring up VK again.

Thinking of Judy's comment to her(relax, take a breath) and what VK said in her "goodbye" post about being brave, unselfish, etc..... WHAT IF: VK was part of something, or said something that might play out as a bit controversial for the Cowboys organization if/when it came out in social media or the news media, etc. If she left the team, then it would bring less attention to the DCC, TPTB, etc. Her leaving and the statements made by Judy and VK herself would make sense. She would be leaving for the good of the team.

Just a thought.

If Amanda wasn't the "big" name referred to as leaving, and Daphne truly wouldn't be a big name either, IMO, the only really big name is Gina, and I hope it isn't!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

I'm feeling a bit feral at the moment, so I am going to be reckless and bring up VK again.

Thinking of Judy's comment to her(relax, take a breath) and what VK said in her "goodbye" post about being brave, unselfish, etc..... WHAT IF: VK was part of something, or said something that might play out as a bit controversial for the Cowboys organization if/when it came out in social media or the news media, etc. If she left the team, then it would bring less attention to the DCC, TPTB, etc. Her leaving and the statements made by Judy and VK herself would make sense. She would be leaving for the good of the team.

Just a thought.

Dr. M did say VK, is “not the villain in this story...” Hmmmmm🤔

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

If Amanda wasn't the "big" name referred to as leaving, and Daphne truly wouldn't be a big name either, IMO, the only really big name is Gina, and I hope it isn't!

Omg what if Gina is the one who has to leave bc if injury? 🥺

I also think if there are others still “thinking about it” that Rachel W. would be on that list 

On 6/28/2021 at 8:30 PM, Holly85 said:

When one training camp candidate made the mistake of saying in a mock interview that she hopes to use her time as a cheerleader to help advance her broadcast journalism career, she was cut from the team’s training camp within a few days. 

You  are being hired for what you can bring to a business, not the other way around. You want people that are willing to commit to your company and be part of a team to move forward. (Whether it’s a 2-year job or lasts a lifetime)

It’s all a matter of perspective of course, but from a manager’s point of view, it is poor etiquette as the candidate is technically telling you that they are only there for themselves, not for the job or company. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, BeverlyHills said:

the ones like Holly, Kalyssa and even Abigail Klein never really made it in Hollywood, and they gave up DCC in hopes they would.  

Unlike Kalyssa and Holly, Abigail left on good terms after 3 full years as a DCC. She has since married, had children, and although not reached mega-stardom, she has consistently had some acting work. 

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, LilyD said:

It’s all a matter of perspective of course, but from a manager’s point of view, it is poor etiquette as the candidate is technically telling you that they are only there for themselves, not for the job or company. 

Exactly! The organization knows that everybody eventually moves on, they don't hold it against anybody that they will have a post-DCC life, and of course they all have to plan for it.  I mean, anybody who wants a bigger, better job is using their current position as a "stepping stone," you just don't say it that way in an interview. In Julia's case, she could have said something like "Being a DCC would provide me the confidence to accomplish anything I want in life." I'd think a communications major with internship experience would know that.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Exactly! The organization knows that everybody eventually moves on, they don't hold it against anybody that they will have a post-DCC life, and of course they all have to plan for it.  I mean, anybody who wants a bigger, better job is using their current position as a "stepping stone," you just don't say it that way in an interview. In Julia's case, she could have said something like "Being a DCC would provide me the confidence to accomplish anything I want in life." I'd think a communications major with internship experience would know that.

Yep. Totally agree.  Julia faux pas would have been one in any job interview not just DCC. Her attitude afterwards and the f$&k bomb that the camera caught did not help her.   Then her dancing on the field was not up to par with everyone else. ( not the first girl that the field is not her friend)  Perfect storm no mystery why she was cut.  She was one of many that I rooted for in the beginning and was not shocked when she was cut  

the article made some decent points but clearly slanted.   Of course you end up buying the calendar even if it has your picture in it.  

• Love 8

I’m still surprised Alora Rose is still there. I figured after NY reopened she would be on the first flight to Broadway auditions. I didn’t think she really cared about making the team and only tried out because dance jobs were few and far between in 2020. 

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Opine said:

Yeah, that's not gonna happen (re VK).  We are all here because we are nosey.  And snarky.  And love each other for it!!!!  My rule is that if you tell me half your story, I WILL absolutely decide the other half.  So unless I can't possibly come up with something worse than the truth, dude, just tell me.  

BTW, does anyone know why Gooodbye always has 3 o's now?

Exactly! Which is why we also still talk about Cassie Trammel as well, amongst other former DCC

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, laney said:

Unlike Kalyssa and Holly, Abigail left on good terms after 3 full years as a DCC. She has since married, had children, and although not reached mega-stardom, she has consistently had some acting work. 

Although I haven’t seen any of her movies, DCC Alum Erica Jenkins seems to be doing well with acting jobs. 

Edited by bernie2018
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just happened upon a photo of season 14 rookies. Only five out of ten are left - if all five even make the team this season (Kat, Kristin, Lisa, Kelsey, and Chandi). Of these five, I think only one will come back for a 4th year (Lisa, most likely). Statistically, most DCC won’t go onto a 5th year or beyond, meaning Erin, Madeline, Caroline, Gina, Lexie, Rachel, Amber, Daphne, Jalyn, Taylor, and Ashlee are all likely retirements with only one or two returning in 2022. 

Woo Boy- have TPTB realize how much team building needs to happen in the next year? They are going from top heavy in seniority to a bunch of unknown rookies to hinge their team upon in 2022 and 2023. I didn’t get the feeling from the 2020 rookies that any of them would stick around 3 or 4 years. I think this will make it easier for Victoria to return - they will welcome the experience and seniority. 

photo of season 14 rookies

598218A2-B0E8-420A-B950-0F162C7EFC83.jpeg

Edited by StellaCL
Added comment about 2020 rookies
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

OHHHH I'm glad to know the name for what she does.  I just never notice any lingerie?

I believe she falls into the category of "glamour modeling," which includes lingerie, swimwear, maybe partial nudity, etc.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

I just happened upon a photo of season 14 rookies. Only five out of ten are left - if all five even make the team this season (Kat, Kristin, Lisa, Kelsey, and Chandi). Of these five, I think only one will come back for a 4th year (Lisa, most likely). Statistically, most DCC won’t go onto a 5th year or beyond, meaning Erin, Madeline, Caroline, Gina, Lexie, Rachel, Amber, Daphne, Jalyn, Taylor, and Ashlee are all likely retirements with only one or two returning in 2022. 

Woo Boy- have TPTB realize how much team building needs to happen in the next year? They are going from top heavy in seniority to a bunch of unknown rookies to hinge their team upon in 2022 and 2023. I didn’t get the feeling from the 2020 rookies that any of them would stick around 3 or 4 years. I think this will make it easier for Victoria to return - they will welcome the experience and seniority. 

photo of season 14 rookies

598218A2-B0E8-420A-B950-0F162C7EFC83.jpeg

bc I just can't help myself, how on earth did Lisa make the team? Aside from all we heard about her being a kiss up and her very thick (by DCC standards not mine) thighs her look is just NOT glamorous in the least she looks like she's posing with the team. On another note, she elevates how much prettier everyone else is... 

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Woo Boy- have TPTB realize how much team building needs to happen in the next year?

Kelli has been doing this job for 30 years. During that time, hundreds of cheerleaders have come and gone. At this point, I'm sure she's seen this scenario repeat itself several times over. Which isn't to say some periods aren't more difficult than others, and some squads greener than others, but they bring in a ton of talent and they rehearse them all summer and continue to rehearse them almost daily through the season. I don't think there is any danger of the wheels falling completely off the cart.

There has been a lot of criticism of Kelli in this forum, but regardless of whether you* agree with her methods, it is clear that her #1 priority is THE BUSINESS, and she is always going to make sure the business survives. The entire team could quit, and they'd adapt and keep it pushing, just like they did last year.

*ETA: @StellaCL, I don't mean you, specifically, just meant the forum collectively.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

Kelli has been doing this job for 30 years. During that time, hundreds of cheerleaders have come and gone. At this point, I'm sure she's seen this scenario repeat itself several times over. Which isn't to say some periods aren't more difficult than others, and some squads greener than others, but they bring in a ton of talent and they rehearse them all summer and continue to rehearse them almost daily through the season. I don't think there is any danger of the wheels falling completely off the cart.

There has been a lot of criticism of Kelli in this forum, but regardless of whether you agree with her methods, it is clear that her #1 priority is THE BUSINESS, and she is always going to make sure the business survives. The entire team could quit, and they'd adapt and keep it pushing, just like they did last year.

Oh yeah - I agree. Kelli is already forecasting this and prepared. I guess my comment comes more from how the past few seasons they have had a very large amount of returning vets, and it looks like the tide will soon turn with a large amount of vets exiting. Then you have season 15, where none of us really got too attached to the rookies - it makes their longevity and future leadership on the team seem shorter. We don’t have favorites that dominate the team for four seasons and beyond like the Gina, Maddie, Jenna, etc. years.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Dr. M did say VK, is “not the villain in this story...” Hmmmmm🤔

Another insider also said something along the lines of "her actions/immaturity caught up with her and she chose to walk away rather than apologize" (don't remember the poster or exact wording without going back to look it up).

Given that, I don't think it's a health crisis (mental or physical)/parental divorce/etc. Sounds to me like she got caught up in something and chose to walk away until it dies down.

A pure guess: she's so twitterpated, she started choosing boyfriend over DCC, possibly showing up late or blowing off DCC things (practices, etc). When it got back to Kelli, Kelli didn't like it. Rather than apologize & put DCC back on top priority, VK chose to "take a year off" -- again a pure guess, but given the "she chose not to apologize post," I'm thinking along these lines.

• Useful 8
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

Oh yeah - I agree. Kelli is already forecasting this and prepared. I guess my comment comes more from how the past few seasons they have had a very large amount of returning vets, and it looks like the tide will soon turn with a large amount of vets exiting. Then you have season 15, where none of us really got too attached to the rookies - it makes their longevity and future leadership on the team seem shorter. We don’t have favorites that dominate the team for four seasons and beyond like the Gina, Maddie, Jenna, etc. years.

Agreed. It won't be an easy time, but any means. But to be honest, the ones who will notice it (and care) are the DCC staff and the group here. I think it's ok to not have favorites. I know I'm probably alone in this, but whenever there were certain cheerleaders out front as the favorites, there seemed to be just as many people who were sick of them, as people who supported.😄

• Love 1