Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Probably just coincidence but Amanda was a GSW dancer and then cut from TC. And Kya was a Utah Jazz dancer and then cut from TC. I was surprised to see this.
The only other TCC that was a former pro team dancer I know of is Tori (Mavs). 
Any others left that aren't vets?

Also, where are all our Allen American Ice Angels and Dallas Ice Stars?
I miss round 1-3 of auditions 😕

The Allen Americans ice angels just concluded play off games not to long ago I would say abt  2 weeks ago 

Edited by Holly85
(edited)
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Probably just coincidence but Amanda was a GSW dancer and then cut from TC. And Kya was a Utah Jazz dancer and then cut from TC. I was surprised to see this.

Ashley Williams was a Miami Dolphins Cheerleader.  I believe she's the only other pro team dancer.

I don't miss the circus!  They seem to be attracting more talented dancers doing auditions this way.

Edited by ClassicPegg
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Why do some DCC stay with an injury and others have to quit or retire? Is it all timing? If you can’t do training camp you are out? If your injury happens during the season you are ok?

I can see how the timing of your injury matters. Training camp is about selection and if you cannot go through it because of an injury, you're out. Personally, I think they could be slightly more lenient toward a veteran who has proved herself over and over again, but that's not my call to make. 

Then there is the question on how bad you are injured.Some knee injuries (if it's that) can heal within a matter of weeks, some take 6 months or more to heal. And  I believe they said Daphne's injury was pretty serious. I don't think they would kick an injured cheerleader off the squad during the season, she'd probably be benched and maybe asked for appearances. Gina had a knee injury not too long ago but hers happened during the season and she had recovered enough to audition again.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

Hmmm... she has a post about excessive caloric deficit and overtraining. There may be something to that rumour. 

From her insta:

"ranging from 1.5-2 hours of cardio per day. On top of over an hour of strength training, one hour sauna session daily, 2 hour dance classes/practice. In the gym twice a day 7 days out of the week. Eating about 1,200 cals a day"

This is extremely irresponsible and dangerous for her to be promoting to an audience. Disappointed that she is glorifiying over exercise and extreme under eating. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, dccwannabe13 said:

This is extremely irresponsible and dangerous for her to be promoting to an audience. Disappointed that she is glorifiying over exercise and extreme under eating. 

In context, there were before/after photos and that was the description for the before and she had upped her calories and lowered exercise for the after and was still obviously in great shape. She was the one calling the before excessive restriction and exercise.

I personally think it's more responsible to be honest about the amount of effort that goes into a figure like hers than to pretend she's 'born that way'. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Yeah, looking at Rebecca's IG I cannot fathom them cutting her!

I don't know if all the vets are safe. I hope so for 3rd years on up. I would like Kat and Kristin to have the tenure they desire and leave DCC happy and content. I don't think any other senior vets are in danger, but you never know - last year the Hannah cut sure threw a curve ball. 

The second year vets, we don't have much to go on. I feel like I have no idea if anyone in that group is truly safe. Part of me wants Alora Rose to have this major comeback and prove everyone wrong .... am I alone on this? Yes, I probably am.

I also like Alora Rose! She is really what a cheerleader should be. Her Ultra career is basically what cheerleading will be in the 21th century. Alora Rose has a presence and is an asset for any organisation. She brings the X factor to the DCC.

Someone like Alora Rose is bound to have naysayers but they usually come around.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

In context, there were before/after photos and that was the description for the before and she had upped her calories and lowered exercise for the after and was still obviously in great shape. She was the one calling the before excessive restriction and exercise.

I personally think it's more responsible to be honest about the amount of effort that goes into a figure like hers than to pretend she's 'born that way'. 

In that context it makes more sense and I agree/understand. I think being upfront about it is good, I just don't want over-exercise and restrictive/disordered eating to be framed in a positive light.

• Love 3
On 6/29/2021 at 11:44 PM, Erinbridget said:

I would literally die to look like her. 

You know the videos where a person is copying a dancer or perhaps someone like Rachel who looks as fabulous at the end of the game as the beginning ..... and what they think they look like or the reality is hilarious, and it's absolutely NOTHING even coming close?  Yeah, I'm that person. My hair may look that good sashaying onto the field and by the end of the signature dance, they would carry me out on a dolly and my hair would be soaking wet and my mascara smeared down past my cheekbones......but my lipcolor would be on point 😉

Lena Dunham Dancing GIF

• LOL 15
On 6/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, RedDelicious said:

Wow. Justice for Rachel W. There was so much judgement and it all proved to be #wrong.

Yes, and the nonchalant “the source is correct” and “Amanda” comments from Mr. “Manhattan” imply that 

1. They knew all along it wasn’t Rachel W. 
but …
2. Let her be labeled “anti-vax” anyways when the awkward fact is she hasn’t left … which means she probably ALREADY GOT THE VACCINE. Not exactly “throwing a hissy fit.”

Anyways, longtime lurker and first-time poster here! As you can probably tell my pick for point is Rachel W.! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
Just now, PepperM said:

Who posted this, and is this saying Jensen is being cut? That would be another shock for me too!

It was from tyras ig story !! It’s says celebrating my birthday girl before she leaves me 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It was from tyras ig story !! It’s says celebrating my birthday girl before she leaves me 

I think her sister is getting married this weekend so I'm sure she's going home, or wherever the wedding's taking place. It's possible they have a couple extra days off from Training Camp for the holiday weekend, too.

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
Just now, Isolabella said:

I think her sister is getting married this weekend so I'm sure she's going home, or wherever the wedding's taking place. It's possible they have a couple extra days off from Training Camp for the holiday weekend, too.

Thanks 😊 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Guys is this a vet or tcc that is on their hands and knees?

1BB0CBD8-3F23-499F-9C81-0052540C8242.jpeg

I'm glad I wasn't the only one seeing that. I hope whoever that was, was just stretching. 

On 6/29/2021 at 2:47 PM, Tinydancerxo28 said:

I don’t see Daphne in this pic.

7FCEAAE8-CD0F-48B5-8B41-4091B7892CF3.jpeg

Surprised no one checked out that Caroline, Gina, Amber, and Erin were the only vets tagged in this post.

Could they be this year's group leaders?!

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

Surprised no one checked out that Caroline, Gina, Amber, and Erin were the only vets tagged in this post.

They probably just tagged themselves in the picture 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

Could be! I was really hoping Ashlee would be a GL this year though.

• Love 11
50 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

I saw that too. Could be a TCC? We know for sure 4 were cut but people are saying there were 5 based on this picture.

16 hours ago, StellaCL said:

The DCC are touted quite heavily to be role models. In a pandemic, what would role models do? One of them would be to meet the health and safety requirements and rules set by the NFL and/or DCC. Another one would be to not knowingly spread a disease to others that could cause long-term harm and consequences. The choice is everyone's to make for themselves, but they also have the easy choice to decide to not be a NFL cheerleader. 

Not electing to get the vaccine does not mean you automatically have Covid-19 😉 *

In order to stay in training camp they must have the vaccine. The choice is indeed personal and it can be quite daunting because of many health related and legal reasons tied to the vaccine's emergency use status. However it does not mean a TCC is not a role model because she decides for herself not to get the vaccine and elects to leave. Her reasoning is no one's business but her own and she should not be judged because of it. 

* Those who are not vaccinated are encouraged to continue following the guidelines, including masks, frequent handwashing and social distancing. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

GOOD GRIEF!!! How are you kids seeing these things in the picture (Oh hey, Tyra!)? I barely made out Kelli & that blond lady in the back (being snarky, I know who she is 😏) & WHERE do you see Kat? 
Anyway, thanks for the fun readings 🤩now going back to reading charts 🤪

Edited by bernie2018
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

GOOD GRIEF!!! How are you kids seeing these things in the picture (Oh hey, Tyra!)? I barely made out Kelli & that blond lady in the back (being snarky, I know who she is 😏) & WHERE do you see Kat? 
Anyway, thanks for the fun reading 🤩now going back to reading charts 🤪

Same.  I feel like you all could find ghosts in creepy forest photos and I would just see a tree.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

This is Claire, right?

Now I am chairperson of the Claire fan club but those turns weren't great. She wasn't on releve and put her foot down on her final pirouette.

However, it shows how versatile a dancer she is as it looks more of a sassy, contemporary routine this year instead of a softer lyrical style she did last year. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
19 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Here's Kat. Also here's a screenshot from the video Denise Dicharry had on her story just for fun. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 3.13.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 9.04.00 PM.png

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Here's Kat. Also here's a screenshot from the video Denise Dicharry had on her story just for fun. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 3.13.05 PM.png

Ha! Thanks, Tuxcat…it’s all coming together now…

If the bottom picture is of them flailing their arms & saying, “Heeyyy”…that is a dance move I can sure do!!! Minus the head toss, my big head would definitely knock me off balance…Just saying!

Edited by bernie2018
  • LOL 10
(edited)
32 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Because when you look at the actual picture it looks like there is a "blurb" of either a vet or tcc on their hands and knees (hard to tell because I see blue shorts but it could be a vet or tcc because they are all wearing blue shorts with either pink or blue strips depending on vet or tcc)  UNDER A TABLE (or what looks like a table) with someone else sitting on the table and that vet or tcc in a questionable pose whilst on their hands and knees (which I won't say because it is pretty explicit and I am pretty sure the mods will give me a slap on the wrist if I said it)  so I had to zoom in to see it closer. 

As for Kat, if you look at that pic I posted, Kelli is in the blue top and next to her is Judy  then to our right of her is someone with one hand tucking in their hair and the person has hair similar to Kat so that is either Kat or someone else.

Edited by Uk-Eve
1 hour ago, KatieLen said:

Maybe?!? But I can't see them ever demoting Lexie from GL. Also, I don't think they would promote Erin to GL without her ever being a 2GL, especially not when other women in her year have 2GL experience 

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

They probably just tagged themselves in the picture 

The way they were tagged on Instagram can only be done by the person who posted the pic

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Belated Introduction Post

I look forward to sharing my baseless, evidence-free opinions with you throughout this season's training camp.

Hah! I love it SanDiegoGal and I'll be right there along with you doing exactly the same thing!!! 😂

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Maybe?!? But I can't see them ever demoting Lexie from GL. Also, I don't think they would promote Erin to GL without her ever being a 2GL, especially not when other women in her year have 2GL experience 

The way they were tagged on Instagram can only be done by the person who posted the pic

A few girls have leap frogged to 1st leader without getting any 2gl experience over the years.

I doubt Kelli fully "follows" her own rules on how DCC should and do things. She promotes double standards on national tv the best ....

• Love 5

I'm trying to decide what to think on the new training camp uniforms... I find one set rather awkward-looking and not particularly flattering (the one with the high neckline). And the top from the other set looks just like a sports bra....  I have seen nicer training camp attire tops that looked much better over the years.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, LilyD said:

I'm trying to decide what to think on the new training camp uniforms... I find one set rather awkward-looking and not particularly flattering (the one with the high neckline). And the top from the other set looks just like a sports bra....  I have seen nicer training camp attire tops that looked much better over the years.

I’ve seen those training tops before. I could’ve sworn they used that top a few years ago but the bottom was all pink or blue but had a white cross on their private parts maybe it’s an upgraded version of it …. Maybe the bottom was for a different top i think I need to rewatch what season it was in.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Pau84 said:

These are my top 11 that should make the team:

1. Ava Lahey (avamarielahey)
  2. Ashlinn Maze (ashlinnmaze)
  3. Madeline Salter (mmadeline.grace_)
  4. Tori Skillings (toriskillings)
  5. Amber Laiche (amberlaiche)
  6. Jordann Huppert (jordannhuppert)
  7. KayDianna Davis (kaydiannamackenzie)
  8. Christina Ostovich (christinaostovich)
  9. Kelee Norris (xkmnx)
  10. Kylie Dickson (kylie_dickson)
  11. Kleine Powell (kleinepowelll)

This is of course, before I have seen them in action (except the former TCC's).

23 hours ago, Emchammy said:

Again, I didn’t make this so please don’t shoot the messenger if it’s wrong but apparently it’s the up to date cuts. 

F59183A0-D055-4F64-9157-A2F0E5BED2AE.jpeg

I’d probably swap out Kylie or Ava for Rebecca and have her on the team. Could totally see her in the uniform. 

im really routing for Tori, Madeline S, Jordann and KayDianna. 

16 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Apologies as I think this was said further up, Ashley is a Dolphins cheerleader, I’ve seen another TCC image similar to above with her headshot being her wearing her Dolphins uniform/top

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

…but had a white cross on their private parts maybe it’s an upgraded version of it ….

Umm…a white cross on their private parts?! That’s some uniform! 

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Umm…a white cross on their private parts?! That’s some uniform! 

I think @Uk-Eve is talking about those shorts that look like football player shorts with the white criss-cross over their...well...privates LOL

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Also here's a screenshot from the video Denise Dicharry had on her story just for fun. 

When I look at this picture, the lyrics "Now throw your hands up in the air. Wave them around like you just don't care" come to mind.

• LOL 5
7 minutes ago, WoofDCC said:

Didnt kelly say she was in her mother's year but didnt remember her mother?

Lol but but how could that happen? THEY ARE ALL SISTERS! 

Other things Kelli says:

“Over 400 hundred audition every year!”

”These are world class dancers!”

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

- the organization has been quick to get rid of anyone with a scent of possible scandal. Rachel W seems to get a pass for her Miss America thing. 

Nope, Whitney Islieb committed a far bigger transgression on a national scale and completely got a pass, and even a kind of slight nod to it on the show with her “I know what I did was wrong, but I didn’t know it AT THE TIME,” cutaway, leaving the implication that the problem wasn’t that she wore blackface, but that it was published on social media. Cassie was kept on despite an incident on a USO tour that basically put a stop to the overseas trips. Paige dated a player. Jenna got away with the Dak Prescott thing the first time, she didn’t get any punishment until she was ordered to stop and got busted a second time, and even then the show presented it as she was being punished for not stopping Holly from drinking and partying.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
27 minutes ago, TK4ever said:

Cassie was kept on despite an incident on a USO tour that basically put a stop to the overseas trips.

Not true that the trips stopped. They went to South Korea several times, Hawaii and Italy after she retired.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, TK4ever said:

Whitney Islieb committed a far bigger transgression on a national scale and completely got a pass

How the hell did she even make the team after Kelli pulled out that "caution tape" picture during the interviews???

• Love 23
48 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Wait! What happened here?!?!

Allegedly CT was out partying until the wee hours and was hungover/late the next morning. 

Rachel’s choice of costume was bad but she did not deliberately change the color of her skin for the costume. She has been perpetually tan from day one. Still it was a bad choice. I believe she owned it and apologized.

I do think it’s a load of BS though that girls whose personal photos were compromised have been held back from GL and All Star status. 

• Love 7