Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Last night, Ashlee, Gina and Darian reposted the DCC account's field "the next chapter" post. Alora Rose was also seen happily prancing in Darian's sweat pants...

On another forum someone noticed that Rachel W. Instagram no longer says Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

(some girls don't have that listed on their bios but they think that Rachel W. did before - and now does not).

I’m fairly positive she did have Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader yesterday. Wish I had screenshot it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Well this certainly woke us all up! Thanks @lemonbus230 for the intel! I feel like Kelli def knew the vax requirement would be very polarizing & may cause a few vets to leave & that’s why she took so many into training camp i think her every action is beyond calculated...

Is it wrong of me for the stories of those who leave to be treated the same way Hannah & Brennan’s were? The whole DCC double standard is so infuriating it’s a wonder anyone tries out bc if you fall on the wrong side of Kelli’s standard any moment could be your last... 

Massachusetts has been fully reopened since June 15. But if you’re not vaxed you still have to mask up. I happily vaxed bc I could not take another summer of running in the heat with a mask on & bc I don’t want to die from COVID obvs...

• Love 23
17 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

I’m fairly positive she did have Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader yesterday. Wish I had screenshot it. 

I remember seeing stars or something else in her bio -  but I don't know for sure at all -- they all start to look alike after a while.

Add Marissa and Lisa to the recent posters about DCC. They also shared the DCC Instagram to their story today. I feel like these are smoke signals. LOL

Kaydianna posted an inspirational message "do what you are called to do, don't get distracted"

2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Is it wrong of me for the stories of those who leave to be treated the same way Hannah & Brennan’s were? The whole DCC double standard is so infuriating it’s a wonder anyone tries out bc if you fall on the wrong side of Kelli’s standard any moment could be your last...

This to me will be the most telling. I can only hope that DCC/MTT treats the anti-vaccination story with the same transparent, honest,  and virtuous lens used to convey the plight of Hannah and Brennan. Sarcasm intended. Will the girls who leave camp this season be given a platform to share their decisions accurately,  or will some pieces of the narrative be excluded or even manufactured?

• Love 14
22 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

2 vets have stepped away from training camp and the team for differing reasons.

Reading this BEFORE reading about the vaccines, I thought it’d be about vets leaving cause they just about had it with Kelli especially because of last year when they were all mass texting during Lily, Brennan, and Hannah’s cuts, riling each other up, and not being happy with Kelli where she had to make that lousy attempt on the field to get them to be on her side or less mad at her by saying she understands them cause BFF Tina was cut. 

• Love 5
(edited)
54 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I really hope MTT producers don’t feed into the political climate and just present it as fact. The NFL requires vaccinations. Period. Any unnecessary drama, emotion, or a targeting or vets pro or anti-vaccination just feeds into political fodder and division which we really don’t need more of, and I think it’s safe to say we are all very tired of.  It will be cringe-worthy at best if this is highlighted or dragged out on MTT. I am pro vax but don’t wish any ill will to those that chose to step away from training camp. I hope this presented in a concise and succinct manner and drama free! Maybe I hope too much...

I don’t want to hear an anti vax discussion but I’d like them not to cover up the reasons the vets left either. Tho I doubt they’d be honest let’s be real... 

Edited by TB12
  • Love 24

I don’t want to make this a political debate but I’m honestly just curious. If you want the job of being a DCC and you have to get the vaccine, what would be your reasoning for not? Just not enough research or because it comes with such political stigma? 

I was vaccinated early because I’m pregnant and the hospital would require me to wear a mask during my whole labor and recovery and it didn’t seem worth it to  me. I work in a school and we were offered it early.  My doctor fully supported it. My brother hasn’t gotten it since he doesn’t want the government to control him so I have heard both sides…

I guess I’m just confused if there is more to it than politics because it seems silly if this is your dream job. My husband is in the army and they require the flu shot but not the COVID shot so maybe it’s still just too early for jobs to require it? Idk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Katmcc said:

I don’t want to make this a political debate but I’m honestly just curious. If you want the job of being a DCC and you have to get the vaccine, what would be your reasoning for not? Just not enough research or because it comes with such political stigma? 

I was vaccinated early because I’m pregnant and the hospital would require me to wear a mask during my whole labor and recovery and it didn’t seem worth it to  me. I work in a school and we were offered it early.  My doctor fully supported it. My brother hasn’t gotten it since he doesn’t want the government to control him so I have heard both sides…

I guess I’m just confused if there is more to it than politics because it seems silly if this is your dream job. My husband is in the army and they require the flu shot but not the COVID shot so maybe it’s still just too early for jobs to require it? Idk.

The bolded part is so interesting to me because I was in the US Army (1000 years ago…just kidding, I got out 16 years ago), and I was required to vaccinated to literally everything. Yellow fever? Check. Smallpox? Check. Japan Encephalitis?! CHECK. Other things I have no idea what they even are or where I’d pick them up? Check. I didn’t die from those vaccines, and I didn’t die from the COVID vaccine either (low grade fever, yes. Death, most definitely not.) 

Also, I’m not tying to be cheeky, but how exactly does your brother think the government is controlling him? Not, like, he is being chipped and monitored, right? 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 16
42 minutes ago, Katmcc said:

Well not sure about the US but in the UK we have data protection about what we want to share with the government, employers and the rest of the places like internet etc amount other things that are too long a list for me to be asked to list it (that and I can't be asked to list it). Pretty sure (I need to double check) its against uk laws now since that came in place. Not sure about the US as its different in every country.

But exactly how would getting your vaccine mean you are controlled by the government? I know alot of employers that have been head hunting me the last few weeks here in the UK have and does require a vaccine or they wouldn't consider employing you. I think they (those employers) just want to be "better safe than sorry" and just want to "help" protect the rest of the employees and help prevent more deaths etc and I know they are along the lines of if you don't then keep signing on at the benefits office and "have fun" trying to live off the £400 a month benefit (thats 400 for everything in terms of bills, food daily expenses etc)!!!! 

29 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

The bolded part is so interesting to me because I was in the US Army (1000 years ago…just kidding, I got out 16 years ago), and I was required to vaccinated to literally everything. Yellow fever? Check. Smallpox? Check. Japan Encephalitis?! CHECK. Other things I have no idea what they even are or where I’d pick them up? Check. I didn’t die from those vaccines, and I didn’t die from the COVID vaccine either (low grade fever, yes. Death, most definitely not.) 

Also, I’m not tying to be cheeky, but how exactly does your brother think the government is controlling him? Not, like, he is being chipped and monitored, right? 

Thats alot of vaccine for the army. But I am assuming it was more for the "better safe than sorry" bit right? I know my friend's husband said he had to go thro all these super strict medical and fitness and training things among others things that feels like you are being tracked by big brother (but not really big brother etc if that make sense) and hes in the army himself. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

So my manager’s husband works in the navy, he’s just been on deployment overseas and was on a US base that the UK Navy use too, the US Navy we’re getting the Johnson Covid vaccine and they had spares and offered to vaccinate the UK personnel, they had spares as some of the US Navy personnel declined the vaccine. So they are getting it but it’s not mandatory. 

Back to a couple have left for differing reasons - for a non vaccine related reason to leave do we really think Kat is a likely candidate? If she has could I’d be due to how much scrutiny she has? There’s the whole rumour of her sleeping with a player so she’s probably under the scope for that, plus then once pictures came out of finals with the damned cane making a return, maybe the pressure and comments got to her?

On 6/26/2021 at 8:09 AM, lemonbus230 said:

2 vets have stepped away from training camp and the team for differing reasons.

Reading this again today it sounds like 1 vet may have left over vaccines and the other for a different reason.

So while 2 vets are gone we have no idea what the second reason could be

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Jezlyn said:

Reading this again today it sounds like 1 vet may have left over vaccines and the other for a different reason.

As much as I love Daphne, I’m 50% sure she tore her ACL and retired :-( Idk why else she would follow those hashtags 

Edited by dccfan204
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Katmcc said:

I think it is less political and more about personal views. There are still a lot of unknowns about Covid and therefore about the vaccine as well.  I am vaccinated but I know quite a few others of child-bearing age who opted not to be just because of the unknowns and the fact there weren’t studies or long term studies regarding fertility. I respect their decision and I know for a fact theirs had nothing to do with politics or political influence. It could be the same with some of these women in training camp.  I understand vaccine requirements and respect them, and at the same time I respect the decision and possible consequences some people make to not get vaccinated.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

3 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

As much as I love Daphne, I’m pretty sure she tore her ACL and retired :-(

Based on the ACL hashtags  or something else?

3 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Think we need to add Claire to the possible list of vets walking? Her bible post today seems like its saying something related? Maybe not... Just seemed relevant maybe.

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 5.08.15 PM.png

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 3
53 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Think we need to add Claire to the possible list of vets walking? Her bible post today seems like its saying something related? Maybe not... Just seemed relevant maybe.

Huh. That is something of a post. 

Claire will do great things in dance. She doesn't need DCC by any means to be successful. I always saw her as a bit of an outlier.

• Love 7
On 6/25/2021 at 5:36 PM, Pau84 said:

In short, there are just no valid reasons to not want to be vaccinated.

I disagree. There are plenty of legitimate clinical and legal reasons to not get the vaccine. We don’t know who chose to leave or why, but they are entitled to make those decisions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, TorProc said:

Can we not have vaccine debates/discussions on here. 

Yes. Obviously people have differing, strong views on the topic but then maybe that should be relegated to “Small Talk,” like the other talk about race a couple of days ago? 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jezlyn said:

I am guessing injury

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

I wonder if there were rumblings of required vaccination going around the organization for a while, and THAT is what prompted Victoria's mature, brave decision to leave. 

A friend and I were talking about this earlier today. I thought my friend was being a a bit of a conspiracy theorist at first, but as we talked about it, it didn't seem like a totally improbable idea. Kelli surely had advance knowledge of the possible vaccination requirement and even though she and others in the organization may have been told not to reveal details to the public, I could see her giving a heads up to her gal pal Tina Kalina. That way Victoria had time to prepare a temporary exit strategy & decide how to frame it. I know Victoria posted about having "personal issues" and having to make a brave and mature decision which makes it sound like she's dealing with something serious.

From a public relations standpoint, that gets her sympathy rather then her quitting and saying it's because her and her family don't believe in the vaccine which would subject her to some blowback. Although if it is because of the vaccine, I don't get why they think her taking a year off will make a difference. I mean do they believe that by next year Covid will be completely gone? That doesn't seem likely given the new variants that keep cropping up. At any rate, I would hope that she wouldn't imply that she was going through something just to get out of getting vaccinated because if it got out that she's actually fine and was just pretending, then she would get even more negative attention then she already does. If she doesn't want the vaccine for whatever reason, I'd rather her just be honest about it.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Huh. That is something of a post. 

Claire will do great things in dance. She doesn't need DCC by any means to be successful. I always saw her as a bit of an outlier.

I saw that post and it sounds to me like she will be moving to something else.

• Love 8

This gets me wondering....

I only started looking regularly at IG right around the time when audition tapes were being submitted. I did notice Hannah posted about getting her vaccine. 
Did anyone else post their vaccine? Vets, rookies, retired vets?

I am so curious.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

This gets me wondering....

I only started looking regularly at IG right around the time when audition tapes were being submitted. I did notice Hannah posted about getting her vaccine. 
Did anyone else post their vaccine? Vets, rookies, retired vets?

I am so curious.

Marissa posted about it 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
On 6/25/2021 at 5:36 PM, Planet X said:

So if they are vaccinated why do they have to be tested every 14 days?   This to me shows you may still get COVID  if vaccinated!   

You can still get COVID-19 even when vaccinated. The symptoms just aren’t as severe as a person who is unvaccinated. It can still be transmitted to others if a person is vaccinated and either people don’t know this or forget that this is possible. Also, the delta variant can still cause big trouble for those who are vaccinated. My employer is forcing everyone to get vaccinated by October. Many are not not happy about it. I feel like I’m on the fence. I have been vaccinated. However, I understand that this vaccine is still very new. It hasn’t even been a year yet since it’s come out. Still a lot to learn

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Can we please move vaccine talk to the small talk thread?

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize until after I posted that people were unhappy with the vaccine discussion in this thread. I mean, it does pertain to training camp so I’m not sure why it really is that much of a big deal, and has to be in the small talk thread? I guess a moderator should ultimately decide? 

• Love 5

Just a thought but could it be Kelsea who has resigned?

With the crazy stuff happening in her personal life it may have been recommend she take the year off out of the spotlight so it can be sorted/dealt with?

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jezlyn said:

With the crazy stuff happening in her personal life it may have been recommend she take the year off out of the spotlight so it can be sorted/dealt with?

Ok your on to something maybe bc of the stalker guy 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Based on the ACL hashtags  or something else?

I definitely think it's possible, but after doing some semi-stalking I noticed in her "Encouragement" highlight that she always underlines bible posts. I could definitelyyy see it being relevant to the situation now though, we're just never sure. Kills me!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize until after I posted that people were unhappy with the vaccine discussion in this thread. I mean, it does pertain to training camp so I’m not sure why it really is that much of a big deal, and has to be in the small talk thread? I guess a moderator should ultimately decide? 

If it were being talked about in regards to training camp, that would be one thing

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jezlyn said:

I know on Friday she posted something to her IG story about a long week of practice, so I think she's still in TC. But maybe she did decide to step away after she posted that 🤷‍♀️

• Love 1
22 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I can see this, maybe she made an immature joke that she couldn’t get out of but wouldn’t have that made the other vets leave at that time? Instead of waiting in training camp. 

My thought is that since she has better connections to TPTB, she heard of this before the others.

21 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

I had this thought too! But considering Judy wrote on her account “just take a breath and take some time for yourself” on her goodbye post, this wouldn’t really fit that narrative. 

Unless she's the one who had the hissy fit over being vaccinated?

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Talking about vaccines and MTT is one thing. Just personal stories, your opinions etc are another. 

• Love 10
On 6/25/2021 at 3:59 PM, Tuxcat said:

Seriously if the Reddit rumor is true...wow!

Can I get a link to the Reddit post?

On 6/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, Lona said:

A masterstroke by the great Kelli Finglas. 🙄

The devil works hard but KF works harder.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1