Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I can't see them not giving Caroline a GL position this year. But there are so many choices with having so many strong senior vets. Perhaps someone doesn't want to be a GL, knowing there are so many reliable candidates?  In the vein of "this is my last year and I just want to enjoy it" ... I could see a couple of them feeling that way.

I want to ammend my  comment. I am not sure about Caroline since there was the whole Lake of the Ozarks rule breaking thing last season .... Hmm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

So what does everyone generally think first and second Group Leaders will look like? 🤔 I'm inclined to think of this picture as possible Group Leaders IMO but obviously it's just a purely random attempt at a guess! 

Group 1: Lexie & Amber (Paired together last year)

Group 2: Gina & Caroline (Paired together last year)

Group 3: Ashlee & Kelcey

Group 4: Rachel & Chandi

Would it be likely to see Lexie & Amber and Gina & Caroline paired together again this year or will they perhaps want to switch it up? Would love to hear someone's input/guesses and thoughts on this!

Also, would like to add that there are also so many other strong, dependable DCC deserving of Group Leader positions this season (Erin, Taylor, Madeline, Jalyn, Lisa, Kristin, Kat - take your pick from the girls left from the upper classes) so would love to hear everyone's predictions for the 8 spots!! 

IMG_20210703_190319.jpg

I agree with this! I could see them having Caroline as a 1GL in place of Rachel W. Rachel has the look and they clearly love her, but I think Caroline (or even possibly Amber) have more of the personality for it based off what I’ve seen. I think they’ve had points that aren’t a first leader before?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

So what does everyone generally think first and second Group Leaders will look like? 🤔 I'm inclined to think of this picture as possible Group Leaders IMO but obviously it's just a purely random attempt at a guess! 

Group 1: Lexie & Amber (Paired together last year)

Group 2: Gina & Caroline (Paired together last year)

Group 3: Ashlee & Kelcey

Group 4: Rachel & Chandi

Would it be likely to see Lexie & Amber and Gina & Caroline paired together again this year or will they perhaps want to switch it up? Would love to hear someone's input/guesses and thoughts on this!

Also, would like to add that there are also so many other strong, dependable DCC deserving of Group Leader positions this season (Erin, Taylor, Madeline, Jalyn, Lisa, Kristin, Kat - take your pick from the girls left from the upper classes) so would love to hear everyone's predictions for the 8 spots!! 

IMG_20210703_190319.jpg

I have a feeling Caroline may be a group leader this year.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Having exhausted the topics of vaccines, blackface, cultural appropriation, and such, let us  now turn our attention to gun control, the death penalty, and trans-men and -women in professional sports.

Actually, I think we could all use a palate cleanser. Plus, it's a long holiday weekend. Yay 'Murica! I'll leave you with this...

(This is throwback audition stuff. Spoilered for those who aren't into that.)                                                                                                                                                                       

Hide contents

Since we don't have any footage from this year's audition, I give you 1996 DCC finals. This is only 8 minutes, not the whole thing, but it's uncut, so you can see what it's really like. They're sweaty, they're tired, their hair is a mess, they screw up, etc. We could only dream of this kind of coverage today.

Observations:

In the blonde group,

• Carrie Reeves (42) and Shannon Swanson (44) were both 2 year veterans. The other two were rookie candidates, I believe. Shannon was the only one in the group who made the team. She was a "gap year" girl, on the team 94, 95, 96, then 2001 and 2002. (Returning after a couple years wasn't that uncommon back then.)
  • It's weird how the choreo doesn't fit the music at all. Even the ones who are doing it right look like they're dancing in slow-mo.
  • Do not miss our friend @ShellyB in the front row all the way to the left, looking completely over it. 🤣 There's another woman in the audience eating snacks, not caring one bit that she's on camera.
  • I knew they had to do kickline twice but I didn't realize it was right splits one time and left splits the other time. Do they still do this?
  • You can really see how doing the dance twice and the kickline twice really kicked these women in the tail. Some of those kicks got lower...and lower...By the end of it, they all seem so done.

In the brunette group,

• Johnene Rhodes (46) Is that crushed velvet? got cut but later made the team in 1997. It must've been the eyebrow that did it. The one eyebrow has a mind of its own.
  • Melissa Valdez (47) was a 2 year vet and made the team.
  • Belinda Galvan (?) (48) didn't make the team
  • Linda Badami (49) was a 1 year vet and made the team again. The oldest DCC ever made some of the others in her group look like pikers.
  • Denise something (50) didn't make the team

This is video is the women dancing around while they wait for the judges to deliberate. Makes you wonder where young Phil was at this point in time.  Don't blink or you'll miss ShellyB doing waaaay too much. 😆

This video is the first few numbers called in the team announcement. No training camp this year. (I think Shelly said training camp concept was introduced some time during her tenure on the team, but I don't recall the year.) Here's comes Shelly with the cartwheel. Would love to see someone try that these days.

Random factoid: the first one announced, Terra Watson, is the owner of Dallaswear, the company that makes those super-sparkly audition outfits.

This video shows the women taking a group photo just after the squad announcement. It's not that interesting, but here it is anyway. I'd love to know why it was necessary to move Cindi Burck (redhead in red in the front row) from one side other, making everyone else scootch over like that. Was this a "bouquet" moment? Too many blondes in a row?

Bonnie-Jill Laflin is also in this pic, for those who know of her. She's in the back row, 4th from the left.

The thread certainly needed a palate cleanser and this was an EPIC one! Thank you for sharing this! It's a far cry from the auditions we have come to know. With the leotards, character shoes and loud makeup it feels more like an audition to be showgirls on a cruise line then for America's Sweethearts. I had forgotten that the kickline used to be set to "If My Friends Could See me Now" so that was a bit weird as was the music they selected for the combo the groups danced to. And ShellyB was certainly feeling herself while dancing down the line. Also that jacket she had was pretty cool. Oh and even though we only saw the back of the judges heads, was the one with the long blond hair Judy?

21 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

There was another cut yesterday.

Thank you for the update!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I knew they had to do kickline twice but I didn't realize it was right splits one time and left splits the other time. Do they still do this?

I’m curious about this too- Heather H. accidentally started with the wrong leg during kickline when auditioning for her second year (when she got cut) and I always thought it was a bizarre mistake to make. If they do kickline on both sides during auditions still, that makes it seem a little less out of left field. 

• Love 7

Did we hear yet if the girls are gonna be on the field this year? I really wanna see last years rookies on the field I feel like this will say a lot about there DCC dance abilities! I also wonder how alora rose is doing in tc! I’m hoping for a Gina or Lexie point this year! I’m really tired of the shared point I wanna just see one person hold that spot this year!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Touch the Star said:

I’m curious about this too- Heather H. accidentally started with the wrong leg during kickline when auditioning for her second year (when she got cut) and I always thought it was a bizarre mistake to make. If they do kickline on both sides during auditions still, that makes it seem a little less out of left field. 

Yes, right split, then left. 

3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Have you heard yet if the ladies will get to be on the field this season ? 

That’s the assumption, but as you know, things can change at the last minute. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Yes, right split, then left. 

That’s the assumption, but as you know, things can change at the last minute. 

Thank you so much and things change day to day you just never know 

• Love 1
(edited)

This is a bold statement but... I think Alanna may be the most well-liked teammate of all time

Side note: Did anyone see Ashlee’s story of her in Thunder? She is surprisingly towards the back. But tbh I think Amber is out dancing her

Second side note: Amber deserves more hype 

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 20
On 7/3/2021 at 1:07 AM, sleepyjean said:

Yeah, and I think they pre-assign numbers to those who register in advance so they'll get low numbers. So if they have a bunch of pre-registrations who take 1-99, then they have say 4 tables for walkins,

table 1 (A-F) gets numbers 100-199
table 2 (G-L) gets numbers 200-299
table 3 (names M-R) gets numbers 300-399
table 4 (names S-Z) gets 400-499

I can see how there'd be lots of gaps, especially near the end of each table's range (i.e. 175-199, 275-299, etc.)

I used to think the gaps were a little shady, but it makes sense to me now.

When you look at it from this point of view, it definitely makes sense. It would not surprise me if there is a system behind it. But it still is very convenient for keeping up the lie of hundreds of girls auditioning.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, MrsEVH said:
On 7/3/2021 at 7:13 AM, ByTor said:

Wasn't it semi-finals they skipped to? 

I think they skipped preliminaries and went right to semi finals

Yep, that's what I thought, thanks!

17 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Yes, I meant to say Semifinals.
It was going on 2am when I typed that. Sorry LOL

Oh please, if that's the worst you're going to do at 2AM, that's pretty darn good!!

• LOL 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

It took you to the dcc Facebook page with the link no video from last night on this link 

Edited by Holly85
10 minutes ago, allitator said:

Hm. I wonder if they’ve started phasing out the jump split? 

Haha the poor rookies completely out of my view until the circle, only to remind me that I can only recognize McKenzie (unless it was Marissa, let’s be honest, I don’t know for sure) and nobody else. 

It’s Mackenzie 

13 minutes ago, allitator said:

Hey, I was right! Thanks. 

Your welcome !! Oh and I’m not surprised they didn’t do jump splits cause I wouldn’t on that stage 

• Love 3

Formation from yesterday...

Anyone know which "X" McKenzie and Chandi were?                             

Gina

Caroline         Amber

X                Rachel           Ashlee

X                Kelcey

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, lexie3248 said:

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.horner.12/videos/820312775519181/

sorry for the long link but I found a video of their performance yesterday at six flags. They did a portion of Thunderstruck and the kickline (arms linked) but no jump split. Gina was point. 

it’s the first video that is 10:59.

I know people on this forum are on the fence about Gina a lot of the time but she looks so fresh and energised at point. She definitely has toned down the weird facial expressions and fits in better with the group whilst still standing out. You could tell in the third routine that she's having fun.

On the other hand, Rachel W looked bored, had zero energy and I must be missing something with having her as point. If my eyes are drawn away from point, that's not a good sign!

28 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Gina

Caroline         Amber

X                Kelcey

I assume McKenzie is further to the back. 

Edited by DCC-UK
Didn't read the response properly!
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.horner.12/videos/820312775519181/

Apologies, you should be able to view here.

Great to see them performing together! It has been quite some time and I haven't seen McKenzie dancing with Gina, Caroline, Rachel, Amber, Kelcey, Ashlee and Chandi.

I am really looking forward to see season 16!

It is great to see GIna as point, much better than the past seasons.

While watching I was comparing Gina with Rachel and I think Rachel would also be a great point. I don't think she is a racist or a right wing nut (or is this a pleonasm?), so I have zero objections.

Sure, Gina gives something extra in terms of dancing but Rachel has great awe inspiring hairography. Rachel is awe inspiring.

Perhaps the TPTB are giving Gina these moment at the point position to appease her and show some appreciation because they already have made up their mind and will go for Rachel during matches.

Gina or Rachel, they are both good for point. There is really a world of difference between them and the former points.

• Love 6

Who are some of the rookies you’re rooting for? Personally, mine are

Jordann

Amber

Tori

Klein

Ava

Jensen

Madeline

Ashley

Kylie

Megan

Ashlinn

These will likely change after the show begins, but these are just from my personally opinions as of now. 

• Love 5

I like Rachel W way more than Amy or Maddie, but would prefer any combo of Gina, Lexie or Ashlee since they all have more sparkle and pop. Rachel W in the diamond tho for sure.  

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I like Rachel W way more than Amy or Maddie, but would prefer any combo of Gina, Lexie or Ashlee since they all have more sparkle and pop

On this one I saw zero pop in Ashlee, she seemed over it.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I like Rachel W way more than Amy or Maddie, but would prefer any combo of Gina, Lexie or Ashlee since they all have more sparkle and pop. Rachel W in the diamond tho for sure.  

I agree but I don't think they're going to demote Rachel W. Someone a few posts back wrote that Rachel looked a bit bored and lacked energy which I can see if you compare her to Lexie or Gina. Maybe it's her "pageant face"; One facial expression for all performances? She could definitely sparkle more.

My bet is on split point again, with Rachel W part 1 and Gina for 2. That's based on Judy's comment a while ago with Amy and Maddie. She said that Maddie had more "pop and energy" which was needed for the second part. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

From what I’ve watched during the preseason performances, Ashlee hasn’t been point. Only Caroline, Lexi, Gina, or Rachel W so I have a feeling Kelli and Judy would decide one of them or maybe just totally switch it up and have a different point duo every game 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I know people on this forum are on the fence about Gina a lot of the time but she looks so fresh and energised at point. She definitely has toned down the weird facial expressions and fits in better with the group whilst still standing out. You could tell in the third routine that she's having fun.

On the other hand, Rachel W looked bored, had zero energy and I must be missing something with having her as point. If my eyes are drawn away from point, that's not a good sign!

I assume McKenzie is further to the back. 

I didn't notice low energy from Rachel or Ashlee. Although Ashlee was often out of view. I thought they all looked great. Gina is a dancing phenom, but her facials in this video still *kill it for me. It got to the point where I was watching the mouths of everyone else around her and none of them make faces like her. Gina should watch her own videos back, the wide open mouth makes her look like a cartoon character. 

* and I mean "kill" like ruin it for me, and kill her chances of point.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 7/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think she went to the first few years of med school in Guadalajara, Mexico.  Then, they transfer to a U.S. school for at least the last year, and then do internship, residency, etc.      Guadalajara is a decent school, unlike some other countries, or even other Medical Schools in Mexico that lead no where.    

I only know that she went there because a friend's son went there a few years ago, and she told me about the entire procedure. 

I have been a nurse for 25 years(several years at a large teaching hospital/university)  and my brother in law and cousin are both physicians (surgeon and pediatrician ). I also have a good friend who had to do med school out of the country because he couldn't get into any med school in the US. He had hard time matching for his residency as well.  My experience with US citizens who go to med school in different countries have basically the same story ... "I couldn't get in here so I went where they don't care as long as I paid the tuition".  That's not saying that some people just wanted a change of scenery... also not saying they aren't "good" schools. They've all turned out to be perfectly ok physicians. That's just been my experience. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

While Rachel is very pretty ... I don't enjoy her dead facials or her dancing.  The only thing that keeps her from blending is her inability to never take a bad picture.  Honestly ... I don't give a care who gets point...but if I had to choose...it would be Ashley or Kelcey. 

1 hour ago, bgo25 said:

Who are some of the rookies you’re rooting for? Personally, mine are

Jordann

Amber

Tori

Klein

Ava

Jensen

Madeline

Ashley

Kylie

Megan

Ashlinn

These will likely change after the show begins, but these are just from my personally opinions as of now. 

Kleine 🤗

Ashley 🤙🏻

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Gina

Caroline         Amber

X                Kelcey

Only ones I enjoyed in this performance:    Gina Ashlee and Kelcey🧐the others ....blah.

• Love 1

Strictly my own opinion...if the strongest dancer gets Group 1 leader...then it should go to Gina.

Group 1: Gina

Group 2: Lexie

Group 3: Ashlee

Group 4: Rachel (yawnnnnn)but I would rather see Caroline get it).

with 2nds as Kelcey, Amber, Caroline and Chandi

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Oh and I’m not surprised they didn’t do jump splits cause I wouldn’t on that stage 

This is how I felt when they did the jump splits on the cement at past Nascar performances!  Seriously - OUCH!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

This is how I felt when they did the jump splits on the cement at past Nascar performances!  Seriously - OUCH!!

Lol right ouch 

Edited by Holly85
Edited
  • Love 2

I strongly doubt they'd take point away from Rachel. Point hasn't been taken away from anyone before, and I doubt they'd take it away from their most photogenic cheerleader. With that being said I definitely agree that they'd likely do another shared point season, and have Gina split it with Rachel. Gina is a phenomenal dancer, and has tons of energy in every performance and I think she definitely deserves it.

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I strongly doubt they'd take point away from Rachel. Point hasn't been taken away from anyone before, and I doubt they'd take it away from their most photogenic cheerleader.

They took point away from Jenna back in 2016 after that kerfuffle with Holly P and the being out and about with players/alcohol/etc.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

They took point away from Jenna back in 2016 after that kerfuffle with Holly P and the being out and about with players/alcohol/etc.

I don't think she was actually ever point though. I think she was just supposed to be point

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I'm probably alone in this opinion, but this should be Gina's third year at point.

I think Rachel is gorgeous, but her dancing bores me.  I'd have her in a prominent position but not at point. 

I’ll go along with this Gina is def extra however Rachel is just vacant in her eyes she is just stunning & her hair & extensions work well but she just seems void so #teamGina 

• Love 7