Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Allegedly CT was out partying until the wee hours and was hungover/late the next morning. 

Rachel’s choice of costume was bad but she did not deliberately change the color of her skin for the costume. She has been perpetually tan from day one. Still it was a bad choice. I believe she owned it and apologized.

I do think it’s a load of BS though that girls whose personal photos were compromised have been held back from GL and All Star status. 

I agree-yes it was a poor costume choice but she didn’t change her skin color. I saw the photo before she took it down and I cringed. But she was no more tan than usual. Not saying that this behavior isn’t problematic, but the Whitney isleib situation was unacceptable and much worse in my opinion. 

isnt Whitney now married to a person of color or am I dreaming? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

@ShellyB  Will the cheerleaders go to the HOF game again this year?  Thanks

DC Games.jpg

I'm not Shelly, but I sure hope so. As a Steelers fan, I'm hoping to see the Cheerleaders (on TV, not that I'm going), and hoping to see the Cowboys lose badly. Would be a great night for me LOL

Also, not to derail the topic, but I will say something I know I'll be side-eyed for by some people. I'm a POC (Black & Hispanic), and I wasn't offended at all by what Rachel OR Whitney did. I see it equivalent to the movie "White Chicks" at worst, and not at all similar to what Blackface REALLY is, which is in obvious mockery, and not even close to what someone actually looks like. I had a bigger issue with Whitney making the team after the Caution Tape thing. Girls have been held out of camp for less (Alex Benvenuto & Kadie Ellen come to mind). I'm ready to be net-crucified, but that's as much as I'll say on it.

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, johns1989 said:

I agree-yes it was a poor costume choice but she didn’t change her skin color. I saw the photo before she took it down and I cringed. But she was no more tan than usual. Not saying that this behavior isn’t problematic, but the Whitney isleib situation was unacceptable and much worse in my opinion. 

I remember him being bi-racial. They have four little boys and I believe he works on an oil rig. They seem to be a very sweet little family 💙 I used to follow her on Instagram but I no longer have social media (outside of PT). 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Probably just coincidence but Amanda was a GSW dancer and then cut from TC. And Kya was a Utah Jazz dancer and then cut from TC. I was surprised to see this.
The only other TCC that was a former pro team dancer I know of is Tori (Mavs). 
Any others left that aren't vets?

Also, where are all our Allen American Ice Angels and Dallas Ice Stars?
I miss round 1-3 of auditions 😕

It’s Dallas Stars Ice Girls but really not many come from the hockey world anymore as most teams only skate. The NHL is also more grounded which is not an advantage. Kristin was on the Allen American Ice Angels though 

1 hour ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I'm not Shelly, but I sure hope so. As a Steelers fan, I'm hoping to see the Cheerleaders (on TV, not that I'm going), and hoping to see the Cowboys lose badly. Would be a great night for me LOL

Also, not to derail the topic, but I will say something I know I'll be side-eyed for by some people. I'm a POC (Black & Hispanic), and I wasn't offended at all by what Rachel OR Whitney did. I see it equivalent to the movie "White Chicks" at worst, and not at all similar to what Blackface REALLY is, which is in obvious mockery, and not even close to what someone actually looks like. I had a bigger issue with Whitney making the team after the Caution Tape thing. Girls have been held out of camp for less (Alex Benvenuto & Kadie Ellen come to mind). I'm ready to be net-crucified, but that's as much as I'll say on it.

I’m the one that’s gonna be ‘net-crucified’ here…what did Alex Benvenuto & Kadie Ellen do, to be kept out of TC?

Literally wasn’t living under a rock here, I just never heard these stories before…getting tea…hold up…

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

…hoping to see the Cowboys lose badly. Would be a great night for me LOL

Yasss…Go Cardinals!!!

AND…

Yasss…’White Chicks’…”Triple T.K.A., time to totally kick a$&!” 😆

Terrible movie…

Edited by bernie2018
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, johns1989 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0b56bfe166fbdf721456a6b5a2bdfcac.jpeg

It was not her normal tan.

2 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I’m not going to crucify you because you can choose not to be offended by something but you should not crucify or side-eye those as well for those  who could be offended from Rachel’s “brown-face”. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I’ve seen those training tops before. I could’ve sworn they used that top a few years ago but the bottom was all pink or blue but had a white cross on their private parts maybe it’s an upgraded version of it …. Maybe the bottom was for a different top i think I need to rewatch what season it was in.

7 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Umm…a white cross on their private parts?! That’s some uniform! 

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 2.03.09 AM.png

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Thanks for the pic! The phrase “white cross on their private parts” conjured up more of a chastity belt image! 🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Ha thanks I knew I needed to watch the show again lol those shorts were horrible like this year's tops!!! 

10 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Thanks for the pic! The phrase “white cross on their private parts” conjured up more of a chastity belt image! 🤣

No other way to describe those shorts .... lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

I'm nervous for Madeline S but rooting for her. Didnt kelly say she was in her mother's year but didnt remember her mother?

12 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Lol but but how could that happen? THEY ARE ALL SISTERS! 

Other things Kelli says:

“Over 400 hundred audition every year!”

”These are world class dancers!”

I will say it again. Kelli's getting old and forgetful and prob having dementia setting in ... How can you forget your rookie sisters? The year that Lexie got married the day before pe lims Kelli opened the show talking to the girls with "the girls you are sitting with will be your best friends, bridesmaid etc for the rest of your lives. Just a few hours ago (assuming that this was at like 7-8am in the morning when the prelims start meaning it was the day before) we had a wedding" and the scene was then cut to Lexie on the big board with a few DCC bridesmaids talking about her dcc bridesmaids.

There hasn't been an actual 400 girls audition for years (before covid) ... it was hilarious the year Kelli said that and there was about 150 girls sitting in the stands LOL 400 based because they decide to have 4 tables for the girls to sign up and register for prelims ...

• Love 3
On 7/1/2021 at 5:52 AM, ByTor said:

Personally, I think Taylor is full of it. If eating more & working out less is better, why didn't she do that as a DCC? Or at least try it? She loves to come across as some kind of fitness expert, but it seems to me that she doesn't know nearly as much as she pretends to.

i believe she is now a personal trainer, and she definitely is showing some results on herself (muscles galore) so she must know something. why she didn’t do it as a dcc is another matter

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0b56bfe166fbdf721456a6b5a2bdfcac.jpeg

I’m not going to crucify you because you can choose not to be offended by something but you should not crucify or side-eye those as well for those  who could be offended from Rachel’s “brown-face”. 

It looks like her normal tan to me🤷🏽‍♀️ I think the rest of the costume made it look different. It’s reckless to accuse people of “brown-face” because that type of stuff ruins careers/lives. I’m sure we’ve all seen true examples of that and cultural appropriation, I just think this is a reach a lil bit and turning harmless fun into something. Rachel seems to be very loved by her teammates as well  

6071E4AC-DB1A-42D0-91A6-F7985613A3D3.jpeg

A696D305-2B9C-4DC8-B581-2FE41D9E4030.jpeg

5A21CFB1-6F64-48AE-9A9D-239CA36B1517.jpeg

087976F9-CA84-4720-AD14-4A84A5184229.jpeg

Edited by dfwxo
Added
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Other things Kelli says:

“Over 400 hundred audition every year!”

And most years the board with the numbers for semi-finals seem to start with 1, 2, 4, 6, 7…Don’t suppose there is someone out here who has screenshots from the board over the years??

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I remember that picture - it was a group shot. She did not stand out as being darker than all the other girls in it. Her costume was a bad choice. The tan is not natural but it’s depth is consistent. She’s actually darker in the Christmas uniform.

E13D68A0-2935-49EC-90F0-869F06BDAAAA.jpeg

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I remember that picture - it was a group shot. She did not stand out as being darker than all the other girls in it. Her costume was a bad choice. The tan is not natural but it’s depth is consistent. She’s actually darker in the Christmas uniform.

E13D68A0-2935-49EC-90F0-869F06BDAAAA.jpeg

Well of course she wasn’t the darkest in the group picture..... I just said “it wasn’t her normal tan”. 

image.thumb.jpeg.926364ee41b5b48a56c8e8b5219c91d9.jpeg

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

What always baffled me about this picture is Kashara and Heather actually did darken their faces and appropriate Mexican culture but no one ever said anything about it.

Right? I feel like their costumes were a more glaring example of appropriating culture than dressing up like a pop star.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

And most years the board with the numbers for semi-finals seem to start with 1, 2, 4, 6, 7…Don’t suppose there is someone out here who has screenshots from the board over the years??

I don’t have screenshots, but I definitely paused the episodes right as the numbers were revealed on my last full watch-through. You can tell pretty clearly where they skip 25 or 50 numbers at a time, and sometimes more in the later years.

I remember especially in the Malena season, Kelli’s voiceover of “out of 400” being really freaking apparent that they added it in later. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

I'm nervous for Madeline S but rooting for her. Didnt kelly say she was in her mother's year but didnt remember her mother?

16 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

Lol but but how could that happen? THEY ARE ALL SISTERS!

3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I will say it again. Kelli's getting old and forgetful and prob having dementia setting in ... How can you forget your rookie sisters?

Kelli and Madeline's mom weren't rookie sisters. Shannon joined the team two years after Kelli.

Kelli was a DCC for 5 years. She had 140+ teammates during that time and it was more than 30 years ago. It was the nineteen-freaking-eighties! I don't remember people I worked with every day even ten years ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
29 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't remember people I worked with every day even ten years ago.

I was trying to think of the names of some people from the company I worked at from 2013-2015...drawing a major blank. I'm with you, I'll give Kelli a break on this too. 

• Love 13

Why does someone feel the need to put "Gina was cut" in the DCC Wiki for this year's TC?  She probably went through hell rehabbing her injury to make it back.  What an awful way to get your kicks.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Why does someone feel the need to put "Gina was cut" in the DCC Wiki for this year's TC?  She probably went through hell rehabbing her injury to make it back.  What an awful way to get your kicks.

Cause they are bored and want to start stuff but it’s been fixed 

• Love 3
Just now, Holly85 said:

Cause they are bored and want to start stuff but it’s been fixed 

It's still an awful thing to do.  I've been through a knee injury and it's hell.

11 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

I’m the one that’s gonna be ‘net-crucified’ here…what did Alex Benvenuto & Kadie Ellen do, to be kept out of TC?

Literally wasn’t living under a rock here, I just never heard these stories before…getting tea…hold up…

Wasn't Kadie the one who wrote "Mavericks suck" on her social media after she retired from the dancers?

I think Alex had some instances with the law.  I heard she didn't last long with the Mavs either. (I think it was posted a long time ago on this board).

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 6/30/2021 at 4:57 PM, StellaCL said:

My impression was MTT was using Cersten’s story like, oooh look the DCC has a doctor now - we are so exclusive and desired that we get the cream of the crop to audition.

Sidenote, but Cersten never became a doctor according to her Instagram. She’s a surgical tech and medical assistant (MA). Or her IG is way out of date?

9F764A59-A690-4CCA-A970-8B4812FDBEA4.jpeg

she also had to go to med school in the bahamas or something like that...so who knows.  After saying she was a nurse when she wasn't ... I lost what few Fs I had to give regarding her. 🥸

• Love 10

Ashley's natural hair is so cute. Cutting it (when she was a Dolphins Cheerleader) really made her stand out. If she makes the team, Kelli would be crazy to change it.

Having said that, I would love for them to show Kelli going to Rose Style with some of the other girls, especially Armani. I don't think they did her justice last year. I'd also like to see Kelee. We only have that one photo in training camp and she doesn't have the braids anymore. Her hair looks good from what I can tell. I hope they don't try to add a bunch of crazy highlights.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Maybe?!? But I can't see them ever demoting Lexie from GL. Also, I don't think they would promote Erin to GL without her ever being a 2GL, especially not when other women in her year have 2GL experience 

The way they were tagged on Instagram can only be done by the person who posted the pic

It may be that the person just likes those people more so they tagged them to try for a response or like.  Group leaders, I'm guessing: Lexie, Gina, Rachel and Ashlee.  2nd leaders Caroline, Amber, Erin , and possibly Jalyn if she is out of the doghouse... I could also see Kelcey or Chandi being brought in as 2nds.

I think Ashley has become my new 2nd fave (next to Kleine, of course, who is my top pick). If they change her hair they should be shaved bald!!! 

• Love 3

DC has been announced as the feature team for HBO's Hard Knocks. Which means if they cover DCC it will be the un polished Kelli and Charlotte producer's cut of DCC.

• Useful 5
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, WoofDCC said:

DC has been announced as the feature team for HBO's Hard Knocks. Which means if they cover DCC it will be the un polished Kelli and Charlotte producer's cut of DCC.

They Been covered for hard knocks before 

• Love 1
(edited)

So I guess we should just cancel Halloween now.  Can't dress as pop star, person of color, can't honor another culture, etc.  What happened to copying is the sincerest form of flattery?  Too many rules and people wasting energy being offended.  Eddie Murphy made fun of white people ALL the time, I laughed.   PS.  Rachel looks lighter in her Halloween costume than she does in her DCC uniform. 

Edited by klh25
typo
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

It may be that the person just likes those people more so they tagged them to try for a response or like.  Group leaders, I'm guessing: Lexie, Gina, Rachel and Ashlee.  2nd leaders Caroline, Amber, Erin , and possibly Jalyn if she is out of the doghouse... I could also see Kelcey or Chandi being brought in as 2nds.

I think Ashley has become my new 2nd fave (next to Kleine, of course, who is my top pick). If they change her hair they should be shaved bald!!! 

I would love to see a bald DCC!! It's so different from their traditional look

I see Kelcey and Chandi as being the new 2GL's. I feel like in terms of the 2nd leader position, TPTB prefer training 3rd years for future leadership roles, as opposed to rewarding 4th years for time served.

Does anyone know the last time that a 4th year with no previous leadership experience became a 2GL?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 6/30/2021 at 9:56 PM, StellaCL said:

Welcome to the forums, I see this is your first post, and it's about a vaccine. 

The DCC are touted quite heavily to be role models. In a pandemic, what would role models do? One of them would be to meet the health and safety requirements and rules set by the NFL and/or DCC. Another one would be to not knowingly spread a disease to others that could cause long-term harm and consequences. The choice is everyone's to make for themselves, but they also have the easy choice to decide to not be a NFL cheerleader. 

My amount of posts on this board is irrelevant to the information I posted. 

Thankfully, covid rates have plummeted across the United States. 

So, your position is that the cheerleaders should be required to take an experimental injection or be denied employment, but they would be allowed to sit in the stands as spectators unvaccinated? What sense does that make? 

Your summation of what a “good role model” is does not overrule informed consent. The cheerleaders’ personal health decisions should be private. 

Are the DCC required to take seasonal influenza vaccines before visiting nursing homes or children’s hospitals? Why should this be any different? 

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
On 6/30/2021 at 2:37 PM, Emchammy said:

Again, I didn’t make this so please don’t shoot the messenger if it’s wrong but apparently it’s the up to date cuts. 

F59183A0-D055-4F64-9157-A2F0E5BED2AE.jpeg

Do we know if these cuts have been confirmed? And if so is this the most up to date cuts have so far for the TCCs or does anyone know of any others?

• Love 1
On 6/28/2021 at 12:42 PM, StellaCL said:

Yep. Amanda’s personal IG used to be nearly 100% DCC. That changed completely around last Thanksgiving. Nearly zero DCC posts. I also thought she was going to be on the list of vets retiring.

On Friday when the leak of two more vets hit - Amanda had a skull on her IG story. She rarely posts. Make of the skull what you will - it’s nothing, it means “I’m dead,” or it is perhaps vaccine/covid related. 

I really hope it’s not solely vaccine related. I liked Amanda a lot, and loved seeing her on the team. I think she stopped being so enamored with DCC quite awhile ago. Here is her IG skull.

32553944-1487-445A-8B2D-645B2E9DA345.jpegShe is burning sage as well.  

And not all people of color are offended by some things that are considered "offensive" or racist by some.  I'm Mexican and I don't care about cultural appropriation. I don't have a problem with Kashara and Heather's costumes. But I know I don't represent everybody either.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

It's gonna take a few minutes to get everything together but...

https://imgur.com/a/LKpO8Pk

Great job @DCCOracle! I find Season 11 interesting going from 340 to 502 with only 497 between them. So 161 women in a row weren’t good enough for semis? Or was it just a bad year for the group with a 400 number? I think they just give out so many of each set of 100🤔

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

she also had to go to med school in the bahamas or something like that...so who knows.  After saying she was a nurse when she wasn't ... I lost what few Fs I had to give regarding her. 🥸

I think she went to the first few years of med school in Guadalajara, Mexico.  Then, they transfer to a U.S. school for at least the last year, and then do internship, residency, etc.      Guadalajara is a decent school, unlike some other countries, or even other Medical Schools in Mexico that lead no where.    

I only know that she went there because a friend's son went there a few years ago, and she told me about the entire procedure. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think she went to the first few years of med school in Guadalajara, Mexico.  Then, they transfer to a U.S. school for at least the last year, and then do internship, residency, etc.      Guadalajara is a decent school, unlike some other countries, or even other Medical Schools in Mexico that lead no where.    

I only know that she went there because a friend's son went there a few years ago, and she told me about the entire procedure. 

Yep. She goes to La Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara. They do their first two years on campus in Mexico. For years 3. and 4, they can choose to do their clinical rotations at an affiliated facility in Mexico, Puerto Rico, or the US. Cersten spent year 3 (and presumably will spend year 4) at University Medical Center in Las Vegas.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6