Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E04: Putting the Tiff in Tiffany's

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

As always, no spoilers from future media of any kind.  Stick to what is shown during the episode and events prior to the time this was filmed. 

• Start Topic

On the second day in the Hamptons, the ladies get a personal training session from Luann's new fling; after having words with Ramona, Leah decides to take a vow of silence to relieve tension; Ramona hosts a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" dinner party.

Original air date 2021.05.25

Thus continuing the weird Bravo pandemic formula of quarantine costume parties 🤔

The vow of silence was adorable when 9-year old Teddy Bensimon did it with her notebook and markers in Season 3. Grown-@ss Leah, not so much. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:
6 minutes ago, Marley said:

If she's that upset about her Grandmother's health, why wasn't she there with her?  She needed self-care by taking a vow of silence.  Puh-lease.  Just stay home and take care of yourself if you need self-ca

I mean I hate Leah but given this was filmed it’s entirely possible she wasn’t able to be with her grandmother in person. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
15 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I mean I hate Leah but given this was filmed it’s entirely possible she wasn’t able to be with her grandmother in person. 

That's true.  Maybe the rules were different where she lived.  I had to go help my parents through my Dad's passing during Covid, but by then the state of Florida eased it's restrictions and let people back in the state.  It was probably different for her.  Even so, if she was that upset, she should've stayed home and maybe do video calls with her family (if possible) as they all went through that difficult time.    

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 8
(edited)

Answering the last post.  As we all know, Ebony is very accomplished.  Wondering why she lowered herself to be with some of these disgusting morons, especially speaking the way they do.  I would think she’s above this.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Leah’s pink TH outfit with matching gloves is just so cheap looking.  I hated her running around in what amounted to underwear at Ramona’s.   She is vile.

Leah’s pink TH outfit with matching gloves is just so cheap looking.  I hated her running around in what amounted to underwear at Ramona’s.   She is vile.

Sorry.  My I pad on fritz again.  Anyhow,  Leah probably doesn’t even know Audrey from Breakfast at Tiffineys.  Audrey was a classy lady and actress.  She wasn’t “edgy” like Leah.  Her parents even know she’s whacked, and keep their distance.  I hate the way Leah talks to her Mother ..no respect.  She must have been a handful growing up.  The poor parents.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, Quilty said:

Did Sonja pee her pants in the restaurant?

She probably got tired of waiting for Ramona to shit herself so she took things into her own hands.  Being a Morgan, she had to put her own spin on it.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I was disappointed that Eboni brought her stylists.  I’ve always loved NY because they have no problem showing us the real them sans makeup.  

Someone needs to chat with Ramona and Sonja about removing makeup before bed.  Holy crap, their eyes were a crusty mess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
27 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Sorry.  My I pad on fritz again.  Anyhow,  Leah probably doesn’t even know Audrey from Breakfast at Tiffineys.  Audrey was a classy lady and actress.  She wasn’t “edgy” like Leah.  Her parents even know she’s whacked, and keep their distance.  I hate the way Leah talks to her Mother ..no respect.  She must have been a handful growing up.  The poor parents.

Holly Golightly was a prostitute. I’m guessing that Ramona never read the novella, because talking about sex during “an elegant Breakfast at Tiffany’s dinner” isn’t out of place. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
49 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Answering the last post.  As we all know, Ebony is very accomplished.  Wondering why she lowered herself to be with some of these disgusting morons, especially speaking the way they do.  I would think she’s above this.

I would think she very well knew what she was getting into. This isn’t season 1 or 2...anyone joining the show has plenty of history to watch and know exactly what they are getting into. Eboni wants the “fame” and attention just like all the others.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

Holly Golightly was a prostitute. I’m guessing that Ramona never read the novella, because talking about sex during “an elegant Breakfast at Tiffany’s dinner” isn’t out of place. 

To be fair, I think more people are probably familiar with the movie version of BAT.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, SimonSeymour said:

Truman Capote would disagree. 

• Love 18

Dang. We can’t quote in the Live Chat thread?

Quincy will be 21 soon? I thought she enrolled at the University of Pennsylvania two years ago.

Sonja is just awful. Truly a waste of oxygen.

Ramona’s corkscrew waves in the THs look fantastic.

I enjoyed Ramona and Eboni texting while sitting two feet away from one another.

Who was that blonde woman sitting to the right of Lu in the van (that Chris was driving; no, he was not having sex with Leah)?

• Love 6

I wish these women wouldn’t place so much value on being in a relationship with a man. It’s 2020/2021. 

You disappear when you have a boyfriend.

You disappeared for ten months.

But not because I had a boyfriend. 

Both funny and very, very sad.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m always surprised how ridiculous they act around a man. They weren’t as terrible around Garth because they probably weren’t drunk yet. Still I always cringe and then wonder if they are really that horny?
Leah is awful and I don’t want to see her. 
Sonja is still bringing up Tom? I don’t blame Lu for going off. Why would Sonja keep mentioning that she was an easy lay for an aging playboy who can’t commit? I like Eboni so far but I don’t care about Sonjas fragility. Get yourself together Sonja. 
I have to finish the episode. I fell asleep as usual.

I wish we could tick every emoji and add a few for this post.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't even know where to start.

Sonja has a major issue with alcohol and it seems to be getting worse and worse with each season.  She can't handle it.  She needs to stop.  She's messy and scary.  She's heading down the Dorinda road, and I'm sad for her.  I wonder if Sonja gets like this when the cameras aren't on.  Is she sitting in the corner of a bar (now a disco) somewhere in Manhattan, with yellow feathers in her hair and a dressed cut down to there?  (Thank you, Barry Manilow!)  Or, since Covid, did she not drink at all and we are seeing the scary effects of someone who has detoxed and now gets drunk after only one drink, but thinks they can drink like they used to?  

I know that I certainly cannot handle the same amount of alcohol that I used to.  I think our metabolism changes as we get older and alcohol just affects us quicker and more intensely.

Leah - she is really, really, really ruining this show.  She's crass, she's rude, she's trashy and she's an attention whore.  Way worse than Bethenny Frankel ever was.  She's mean and nasty - I think she is worse than Dorinda in that respect, too.  Ramona should have asked her to leave after being spoken to so rudely.  Tell her to go home and deal with her grief over her grandmother, which also seems more about her than actual sorrow at her grandmother's dying.  That conversation with Leah's sister was very telling.  It was all about "Me, Me, Me" and the fact that Leah's Mom isn't telling her to go make peace with her grandmother.  Leah has major Mommy issues, and I think that Leah's Mom is just simply exhausted after a lifetime of dealing with such a drama-filled attention seeker.  

I noticed that Ramona made a serious effort to constantly refer to the event planner/assistant and server/bartender by their names.  She repeatedly called them by name.  Glad that she took what Eboni said and is trying to correct her behavior.

Luann and Garth - Luann is desperate to prove that she can attract a man.  She's so desperate that it's sad.  I get that she likes to be in a relationship, but she's trying too hard.  Most guys are turned off by that type of Stage 4 clingy-ness.  He's cute though, and his accent is very sexy.  But, how much younger than Luann is he?? 

It was great to see Heather, if only for her subtle and rational takedown of Leah.  I was never a fan of Heather's, but it was nice to see she didn't fall into the trap that Leah spent the last two days setting for her.

Eboni is beautiful, intelligent and very intuitive, but I think she may be coming in too hot for a "new girl".  I didn't like that she was calling out Luann on the bus for yelling at Sonja.  Yeah, Sonja is broken, but Sonja needs to be corrected when she starts rewriting the past, based on her dreamy delusions.  Eboni does not really know the long history between these two women, so until she does, she shouldn't be chastizing anyone.

Lastly, did anyone notice that when Garth came to the house and he was waiting at the front door for Luann that there was something on the entrance door carpet that looked like dog poop?  There was something there and it seemed like Garth and Luann just stepped around.  I couldn't figure out what it was, and how they both so nonchalantly sidestepped it.  

I really hope that the season gets better, but from the previews, it looks like more of same.  Leah is just NOT a good blend with these ladies, and it's really ruining one of my favorite guilty pleasure TV shows.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 24
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

A couple of things about the show last night. LuAnn is still making a fool of herself over a man. She really thinks she is so special to have a boyfriend. Arguing with Sonja over whose man Tom was. If I were LuAnn I wouldn't want that name brought up ever. He was no prize. Being married to him for six months, going to Miami and getting black out drunk and getting arrested  and charged with a couple of felonies all because she was pining after this man..   

Honestly!! Lu kept insisting, “He eft you. You’re a friend with benefits. He married me! He married ME!!”

And I kept thinking, “For six/seven  months.”

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think that I don’t mind Leah that much because, even though she annoys us viewers, she doesn’t actually harm anyone in the cast. 

She definitely tries too hard.

She initiates conflict.

But no one in the cast really cares, because she’s only as annoying as a tween.

Frankel actually went for the jugular because she was so lost and pathetic. She was disdainful, dismissive, arrogant, hypocritical, desperate and manic.

ETA: She made others CRY. For sport. I can’t ever tolerate cruelty.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

So, it's ok that Heather trashed the cast and her time on RHNYC because hardly anyone listened to the podcast? Ummm,....no. If no one is there to hear the tree fall, does that negate the fact that it fell or make it less destructive? What she said was (all uncool) not cool.

That being said, someone needed to send Leah to her room without dinner. She was, obviously threatened by the thought of Heather joining the crew, that she did research to dig up dirt to get the others pissed off at her. I don't know why she's so threatened by her; because she was a fan favorite for many? because Heather's a more successful version of Leah? She didn't want everyone excited to see Heather because it would take attention off of her?

I thought Leah's problem with Heather would be because Heather's a know-it-all that would give her unsolicited advice on her company, and Leah does NOT like being told what to do. Heather has rules and standards, and Leah,...well,...is different that way.

• Love 13