Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/26/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, April 26 – LeVar Burton (Guest Host, “Jeopardy”)

Tuesday, April 27 – Cindy McCain (Author, “Stronger”); Sharon Stone (Author, “The Beauty of Living Twice”)

Wednesday, April 28 – Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Marcia Fudge; John Grisham (Author, “Sooley”)

Thursday, April 29 – Michael B. Jordan (“Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse”); Rickie Lee Jones (Author, “Last Chance Texaco”)

Friday, April 30 – Rosario Dawson (“The Water Man”); Duff Goldman (“Duff's Happy Fun Bake Time”)

• Love 5

anyone else notice how much Sunny stutters and says "uh, um, ah ha, uh"??? It's literally after every single word now. She has great things to say but that stuttering makes it so distracting sometimes I have to skip. 

• Love 4

Good grief. MyMother is on.  Wasn't she just on a few weeks ago, or does it just only SEEM like she's constantly on? 

12 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Whoopi will call him LeBron

I wonder if she'll confuse Michael B. Jordan with Michael Jordan? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bella1716 said:

anyone else notice how much Sunny stutters and says "uh, um, ah ha, uh"??? It's literally after every single word now. She has great things to say but that stuttering makes it so distracting sometimes I have to skip. 

I LOVE SUNNY but the other thing that she does that drives me crazy is that when she's talking she never looks in the camera.  When they were in studio, she also never looked directly at the person to whom she was talking to.  Which is interesting because being a lawyer, I would think the first thing they would tell you to be effective is that you need to maintain eye contact with the judge and/or jury.

• Love 4

Not Cindy McCain AGAIN! I've said it before and I'll say it again - she's really not an interesting guest. She's rather cold and stilted, and not at all engaging. She's really not one where an engaging conversation comes naturally to her.

I guess the upside is she and MeAgain will be able to 'catch up' with each other since the last time she was there. Maybe MeAgain will share photos of her little Liberty, too.

And I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Whoopi introduces LeVar Burton as Laverne Cox, and Michael Jordan as Michael Jackson. Poor Rosario Dawson -  she'll be introduced as Rosie O'Donnell. And I hate to think how she's going to mispronounce the surname 'Fudge'. Let's just say it will have to be bleeped out.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, bella1716 said:

I've noticed.  She doesn't seem to prepare for the show as thoroughly as she used to, before she found out how low her salary was compared to those who put in zero effort or read off blue cards prepared for them.  She used to seem to have prepared like a lawyer for court, going over what she planned to say a few times so that she could say it without memorizing or reading the words, so it sounded spontaneous, but well thought out, not searching for words in the middle of a sentence.  Sara seems to prepare for the show like Sunny used to.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

I've noticed.  She doesn't seem to prepare for the show as thoroughly as she used to, before she found out how low her salary was compared to those who put in zero effort or read off blue cards prepared for them.  She used to seem to have prepared like a lawyer for court, going over what she planned to say a few times so that she could say it without memorizing or reading the words, so it sounded spontaneous, but well thought out, not searching for words in the middle of a sentence.  Sara seems to prepare for the show like Sunny used to.

I read Sunny's book and not only was/is she not paid what her co hosts were/are making it was never officially announced she was joining the View as a permanent co host.  These are things that make her feel she isn't appreciated. Can't say that I blame her.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I read Sunny's book and not only was/is she not paid what her co hosts were/are making it was never officially announced she was joining the View as a permanent co host.  These are things that make her feel she isn't appreciated. Can't say that I blame her.  

I doubt I'd be willing to watch the show at this point if she wasn't there. Sara and Joy both have some appeal, but Sunny is the only real source of expertise for much of the show's discussion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Loved, loved Levar’s answer to Meg’s question about cancel culture. It’s consequence culture and allowing those who are viewed as “other” to have a voice. So there, Meg!  Argue against that!

It was a little jarring to see a gray haired Levar Burton, but he is always so charming and kind. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20
47 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan looks like she literally ran through a car wash right before the show.

She always seems to have a scowl on her face. If she is not happy, she is more than welcome to leave..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 20
32 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

LeVar Burton is as awesome as ever.

I agree with Sarah, I cannot wait to go back to movie theaters!

I hadn’t been to a movie in ages pre- Covid, but being unable to makes me crave to go to the theatre. 

• Love 6

So, all y'all who predicted Whoopi would mess up Levar Burton's name or call him by another, were wrong!

I think if she knows the person well/long enough, as she has worked with and known Levar for years, I knew chances were she would get his name right.

So, Twatty is still waiting to get vaccinated. Why do I find this difficult to believe?

Speaking for myself, I can't WAIT until I don't have to wear masks anymore--when I'm leaving my home to get in my car, when I'm grocery shopping, when I'm walking outside. Yet here is Sunny, who I think said before she couldn't wait until the pandemic is over, yet was saying she's still going to wear masks even after the pandemic is over. Doesn't want to do the cheek/air kisses anymore, either. So basically, act like you're still living in a pandemic, even after the pandemic is over? Okay. 

I get Joy's point about wearing them in the subway. The Metro here in DC, is a cesspool of sick people sneezing, coughing, hacking out a lung pre-pandemic. So once it's safe to go back to work, I'll be doing that on the subway. I can't wait to jump in the pool this summer and do some swimming and sunnin'! But no beach. Not there yet.

I LOVED Levar's reply to Twatty about "cancel culture" that she just HAD to sneak in, while saying how much she loved his show and makes her baby watch it. Like Liberty's brain can even understand what's going on. All she sees are the bright colors.

And OF COURSE she didn't watch the Oscars.🙄

Well, neither did I, but that's because I only watched a handful,  and I stopped watching a few years ago, after Daniel Day-Lewis retired.

What?

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I hadn’t been to a movie in ages pre- Covid, but being unable to makes me crave to go to the theatre. 

For me its the drive-in.  But i would settle for a theater anyday

46 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

LeVar Burton is as awesome as ever.

I agree with Sarah, I cannot wait to go back to movie theaters!

He looked and sounded really good. Loved the salt n pepper action.  He would be excellent as the new J! Host

4 hours ago, Axie said:

Meghan looks like she literally ran through a car wash right before the show.

If only!  I'm picturing the final catalyst in Carrie but with soapy water not blood hah!  It was that stupid splay part the bothered me. What is it doing there? Does it had a purpose?  Somebody get some scissors and just casually walk by, ear buds in, and snip!

7 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Me either and thats a dam shame.  I love Sunny and whatever her paygrade is, its not right.  Its an HR issue and they need to audit her position and get it right.

22 hours ago, deirdra said:

To answer the first part, i think she's down, sad, maybe even depressed.  She's got to be there as comfort for her husband and kids, while trying to cope with her own grief.  She loved the 'rents IL as well. She needs a rejuvenation trip or something.  By herself, no family.  Sedona maybe.  Get some spirit help too.

• Love 6
On 4/25/2021 at 8:05 AM, bella1716 said:

I know. I pick up uh, um when I'm around/listen to people who talk like that. I hate it. I listen to Young Turks sometimes, and Ana Kasparian also does this. Honestly, between Sunny's speech, Whoopi frequently mispronouncing names, Joy having more mess-ups lately (not sure if anyone caught her mispronounce Kamala today), The View hosts should really being doing better being the most watched daytime talk show. I'm not talking perfection and get that mistakes happen to the best of us, but still. The only host I've been consistently enjoying as of late is Sara tbh. She's the least partisan and the most respectful. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I love Sunny and whatever her paygrade is, its not right.  Its an HR issue and they need to audit her position and get it right.

In this case, I believe it is an agent / contract negotiation issue, though I could be totally wrong.  Hopefully it can be rectified when her contract is next up for renewal and she will get paid what she deserves.

Honestly, between Sunny's speech, Whoopi frequently mispronouncing names, Joy having more mess-ups lately (not sure if anyone caught her mispronounce Kamala today), The View hosts should really being doing better being the most watched daytime talk show.

I find it's a real drag to watch. There's a feeling of complacency coming off the show for me now that really bugs.  Whoopi always had it but it seems to have spread. Comfortable laziness seems to have set in along with not really caring about what they are churning out anymore because they don't have to.  To be fair, I am certain that a lot of it is a direct result of the covid situation and having to do the show from home, etc.  but let's be honest, this show already struggled to maintain energy and be engaging back in the Before Times when life was normal.  And this applies to the producers of this show, too, not just the hosts.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I LOVED Levar's reply to Twatty about "cancel culture" that she just HAD to sneak in, while saying how much she loved his show and makes her baby watch it. Like Liberty's brain can even understand what's going on. All she sees are the bright colors.

She said the only thing she was interested from the Oscars was Borat and Tyler Perry.   I'm still trying to figure out what that says about her.......

• LOL 16
34 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I find it's a real drag to watch. There's a feeling of complacency coming off the show for me now that really bugs.  Whoopi always had it but it seems to have spread. Comfortable laziness seems to have set in along with not really caring about what they are churning out anymore because they don't have to.  To be fair, I am certain that a lot of it is a direct result of the covid situation and having to do the show from home, etc.  but let's be honest, this show already struggled to maintain energy and be engaging back in the Before Times when life was normal.

There's also the howevermanyseconds delay that ruins the flow. Like today, when Levar was responding to Whoopi, Whoopi just stared at her teleprompter for what, five or six seconds, and then responded. If they had been in the studio, there would have been a more organic back and forth.

As to Sunny, what I've also noticed is her raising her eyes toward the ceiling, as if she's trying to remember what she wants to say, along with the "uhms" and "uhs", and closing her eyes. Is her script not written for her? Joy can wing it, she's been doing it so long; Sara is the best at it in sounding natural; Twatty, well, her script is written for her, hence her motormouthing for seven minutes without taking a breath when she speaks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, After7Only said:

She said the only thing she was interested from the Oscars was Borat and Tyler Perry.   I'm still trying to figure out what that says about her.......

Yeah, Right. I didn't believe a single word she said. about either of them. Like she watches any of his movies. Tyler Perry's that is. Or even Borat's.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah, Right. I didn't believe a single word she said. about either of them. Like she watches any of his movies. Tyler Perry's that is. Or even Borat's.

... and baby Liberty watches Reading Rainbow! 

• LOL 7
11 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I thought of this last Friday when Joy dismissed her by saying something along the lines of "we don't have time for Sunny's turn." Geeze even Ana got a turn! I cringed because I felt it might have hurt Sunny's feelings. 

I like Sunny a lot. I agree with her on most things except religion. But I just cannot with the hair and make-up. Sunny should know this...when it distracts from your message, then you are ineffective. See: MeAgain.

The ummming and sideways glances are also kind of weird but I am not sure if she always did this or it is a new thing.

More distracting: MeAgain in the first segment kept darting her eyes to the left (her left), and therefore I assumed she had a big word salad coming...but nope, she had nothing. So what was all the eye-darting, head nodding about????

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, bannana said:

I like Sunny a lot. I agree with her on most things except religion. But I just cannot with the hair and make-up. Sunny should know this...when it distracts from your message, then you are ineffective. See: MeAgain.

The ummming and sideways glances are also kind of weird but I am not sure if she always did this or it is a new thing.

More distracting: MeAgain in the first segment kept darting her eyes to the left (her left), and therefore I assumed she had a big word salad coming...but nope, she had nothing. So what was all the eye-darting, head nodding about????

I love Sunny flaws and all. I have to agree with you about her hair and makeup.  I have always said that she and Megan are natural beauties who don't need all of that junk.  I know women in the media have so much pressure when it comes to their looks. It is very easy for me to say that since I am not live on TV 5 days a week. 

Fun fact:  When Sunny was auditioning years ago for the show, she took  bad advice from Sherry Shepherd why she did that I will never know but I digress.  Sherry told her to lean into her Catholicism and pro-life stance to stand out from the crowd and it backfired  royally with some of the viewers.  Sunny was pretty obnoxious during that time.   She spoke to Whoopie who told her to just be herself and she promptly got the job.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, After7Only said:

For someone who graduated from an Ivy League school with an art history degree you would think she would have some interest in things that are more serious and thought provoking.  But then I remembered this is Meghan and her idea of a fun is drinking and shooting. I  bet she was a big fan of Jackass.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, Axie said:

Tucker Carlson has lost his mind.  

Meghan must have been watching, since she says masks were never needed outside from the beginning 🙄.  Way to compete with Tucker and spread false  info.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

Cindy McCain seems to have a more realistic grasp on the 2008 election than her daughter does (on top of being much more composed and graceful)… At least she can be gracious and admit that Obama was a beloved figure, that that probably played a bigger role in the result than the Sarah Palin misstep.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

I'm so tired of Meghan and her transparent, ridiculous talking points. She was mocking President Biden for wearing a mask when he was indoors on a Zoom call. What gives her the right to judge? She doesn't know anything about his health. Maybe he is immunocompromised. Maybe he was in a room full of staffers and he, you know, CARES about them.

Exactly.

This was a really boring show today. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, Axie said:

Tucker Carlson has lost his mind.  

Assuming he ever had one which is debatable.

3 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

I'm so tired of Meghan and her transparent, ridiculous talking points.

Without her talking points she has nothing to say.  We have seen her get flustered when someone pushes back on her or someone goes off script.  She is not quick on her feet.  Whoopi and Joy are comediennes so they can ad lib.  Sunny is a lawyer so she can change gears if need be.  Sara has been an on air personality a lot longer than Meghan and can wing it.  But Meghan reminds me of Elisabeth who was lost without her blue cards.

6 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

She is just so uninformed. 

Meghan isn't uninformed. She knows things. She just chooses to ignore them.

• Love 22
On 4/26/2021 at 8:49 AM, ifionlyknew said:

To think Sunny, a former federal prosecutor (as she has reminded us hundreds of times), with her access to some of the top lawyers around the country (never mind just NY state), obviously couldn't find the best contract lawyer ?????

A competent contract lawyer will find out how much co-stars and colleagues are earning in your position, and negotiate on your behalf from that starting point. Your contract lawyer should discuss with you 'your worth' (which includes your experience and credibility, among other things). A competent contract lawyer will negotiate extras and perks for you - including a formal announcement that you will be a permanent cohost on the show. 

If Sunny is not happy with the deal she got with ABC, then maybe when her renewal is due, she should ditch the bargain lawyer and get a top-notch one on her behalf.

• Love 3

Cindy McCain again? Goodness, how many more times is she going to be on. Boring.  She wrote a book, so what.  

At least her daughter chose to not wear one of her ridiculous hair-don'ts for the occasion.  Would have been better if she was on yesterday with whatever that was on top of Megzy's head.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, all y'all who predicted Whoopi would mess up Levar Burton's name or call him by another, were wrong!

I think if she knows the person well/long enough, as she has worked with and known Levar for years, I knew chances were she would get his name right.

So, Twatty is still waiting to get vaccinated. Why do I find this difficult to believe?

Speaking for myself, I can't WAIT until I don't have to wear masks anymore--when I'm leaving my home to get in my car, when I'm grocery shopping, when I'm walking outside. Yet here is Sunny, who I think said before she couldn't wait until the pandemic is over, yet was saying she's still going to wear masks even after the pandemic is over. Doesn't want to do the cheek/air kisses anymore, either. So basically, act like you're still living in a pandemic, even after the pandemic is over? Okay.

I don’t understand why she’s not vaccinated yet unless it’s by choice or if she wants it done on camera and nobody wants to come to her. I’m also in Virginia and my family of four (including two minor teenagers) were able to get vaccinated (first dose). 

I admit I haven’t watched since last week. I took it off of my dvr because I wasn’t home when it was on live and had no interested In watching a recording and when I was able to watch today, they preempted the show because of news in NC. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, bannana said:

I notice that after she does that, her lips stretch in a smile. I figure there's either a mirror there or someone reminding her to smile.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Axie said:

Meghan, do you realize what some people deal with on a daily basis regardless of whether there's a pandemic or not?  Chronic illness, homelessness, the list is endless, and, you have spent an entire year bitching about wearing a mask?  You don't see how ridiculously minor wearing a mask is?  Sad.

But, but Dr. Fauci made her give her masks away at the beginning of this pandemic. He told her she didn’t need one and he’s been lying to her ever since...

(that’s my sarcasm at her ridiculousness)

• LOL 9
  • Love 11