Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/26/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Just thinking about this morning’s show again, I can’t help but be struck by the fact that this is yet another McCain response that doesn’t even make sense in context. I mean, McCain’s only response to a topic that was about blatantly false stories is not that false stories are bad, but that the “liberal media” should’ve talked more about some other false story… So the problem isn’t that there are lies in the news in her eyes, it’s that there should be more lies. Incredible.

What I found utterly ridiculous, was that she said this was "only 2 lies" or something like that that FOX has ever spread, whereas the "liberal media 'LIES'" all the time. And that Joy didn't provide more examples of Meghan lying about that disappointed me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Meghan continues to show her true colors.  All that talk during the campaign about her "Uncle Joe" was apparently a lie. And lies it seems is what she thinks is effective messaging.  She knows damn well once her team hears something it becomes gospel and any retraction is called fake news.  Her calling out her own show for not covering the Hunter Biden story was low even for Meghan.  For once the View showed good judgement and didn't talk about that story which as Joy noted could not be verified as being true.   Even though they don't act like it the show is part of the news division and should  have a set of standards concerning what topics are discussed. If one of the cohosts says something that is demonstrably false and proven to be slanderous they could be sued.  

If things continue to improve in this country I look for Meghan to become even more combative.  She knows the better the things are the more likely her team will continue to lose. And for her it's all about her team winning. Not the country but her team.  

• Love 20

What a surprise that Meg was disappointed in Biden’s speech. 🙄
What a surprise that Meg is a big fan of Scott. 🙄 She’s disgusted by the name calling. Guess she forgets the vile names trump called and continues to call opponents.

Man, she gets worked up. 🙄

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 20

Geez, who peed in Meganutz's Cocoa Puffs this morning ? And why is she wearing the tie-back rope from the drapes in her bedroom as a hairpiece?

The best part is when Whoopi went to Sara for her reaction to the speech / rebuttal from last night and completely ignored Meganutz's emotional rant.

• LOL 7
  • Love 13

Whoopi had a lot of good points to make. Too bad it’s mostly word salad unless you understand whoopspeak.

Michael B is so handsome and so charming. I feel guilty having a crush on him since I watched him grow up. Such a cutie. 🥰

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9

I had no idea that "uncle Tom" was a racial slur until Megan McCain unhinged rant this morning.  Since when is Megan a social justice warrior for Black men.  She has issues and needs to deal with them off the show.  I am disappointed that Sunny and Whoopie did not push back on her..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

The best part is when Whoopi went to Sara for her reaction to the speech / rebuttal from last night and completely ignored Meganutz's emotional rant.

That is how you deal with a child throwing a tantrum.

15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She’s disgusted by the name calling.

I seem to remember Meghan calling someone a nasty name.

9 minutes ago, Axie said:

If the speech ruined your night and your morning, it may be time to reevaluate your life.

What did she expect from Biden's speech?  It's not like his plans for this country has been a secret.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I had no idea that "uncle Tom" was a racial slur until Megan McCain unhinged rant this morning.  Since when is Megan a social justice warrior for Black men.  She has issues and needs to deal with them off the show.  I am disappointed that Sunny and Whoopie did not push back on her..

Whoopi did push back - by completely ignoring her and moving on to Sara. Silence is golden.

And I'm sorry, but if Michael B. Jordan - the sexiest man alive, indeed ! - is going to be interviewed, why is he dressed ?  I want to see him interviewed without his shirt on please and thank you.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

McCain comes across like she's having a psychotic break these past two days. I figured she was talking longer than she was supposed to on purpose to make sure Sara or at least Whoopi wouldn't get a chance to speak. I'm glad Whoopi made sure to take her turn to speak when they came back from break. F*** you, princess.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

Meghan looks like she's being attacked by her hair (or whoever's hair that is). 

Ha!  My first thought was she’s being swallowed by a giant python. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6

Someone on Twitter once referred to Meghan as a "professional relative," and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm curious as to what Meghan considers a "centrist" approach. It's about time that all the tax money we give goes to work for the Average American. A once-in-a-century pandemic has stalled our economy; what's the other option for getting it back in gear? She acts as if Biden has betrayed her personally by remaining a Democrat.

P.S Isn't it about time for Meghan to take a post-tantrum day off?

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 5
  • Love 16
35 minutes ago, Axie said:

Uh oh!  Whoopie is pissed!

I don't blame her. How dare the princess of privilege from Arizona say dont talk to me about racism,  while Tim scott is being called names.  It's so childish and ridiculous.  I hate that they never directly say anything to Meghan but Meghan has no issue attacking her co hosts on camera. Sara, Joy, Ana.

• Love 16

All I can think is McCain is pressed about the smackdown Levar Burton gave her Monday. It was being echoed all over the media, too. News coverage is usually the kind of thing she cares about more than anything else, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the source of her (extra) hysteria.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

This guy does a great recap of Meghan's outrage.

I literally came here to post this video.  I believe his name is Tim Beemer.  This is perfectly expressed.  His videos are always good, but this one's exquisite. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she's off tomorrow.  Especially if Ana is there,, because Ana is sure to have a few jabs aimed directly at MM.

Hate that due to MM's rant they had to extend the segment longer and they didn't get a chance to talk Giuliani.  

Sunny did a great job summarizing many people's reactions to Scott's speech.  If MM had bothered to read some of the tweets she was clutching her pearls over, she might have seen that.   For her to equate Uncle Tom as a slur equal to others.... is very privileged of her......   The term is not a compliment but no one is killing, denying employment, or discriminating against a person based on that term.

Also loved Sunny's stat that 85% of people approved of Biden's speech, before MM could spout the feelings of the 15%...LOL

Michael B. Jordan was a great palate cleanser after those first 2 segments.   That smile.....

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I had no idea that "uncle Tom" was a racial slur until Megan McCain unhinged rant this morning.  Since when is Megan a social justice warrior for Black men.  

I think that "Uncle Tom" has historically been considered an insult and primarily used by black people in reference to other black people, but lately it seems that every racially-oriented insult or disparaging remark has been labelled as racist or a racial slur. Are intra-race insults excluded from that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Meghan was horrified over the negative tweets thrown at Tim Scott.  Funny how I don't remember her being horrified over negative tweets being thrown at any other politicians who are people of color. And those people were called a lot worse than what Tim Scott was called.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, McKavity said:

For the last while it seems like Whoopie is reserving her comments to rebutt Meghan.  Love how she doesn’t reference Meghan directly, but corrects most of her comments, lol

Yesterday she said “you and your husband and I need to.... “ I could kiss Whoopi face on the screen today. She’s not having it. 

Sarah does look beautiful today and Whoopi got her hair done over break looks nice and making me regret my effort to embrace my grandmother’s hair that was hiding. 
John  Grisham was a delight yesterday and Michael B was great too. I loved him in Just Mercy. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Axie said:

Tim Scott is the most famous Black Republican Senator because he's the only Black Republican Senator, Meghan.  Also, my neighbor is a Republican.  They're not as elusive and hard to find as you portray them to be. 

Meghan talks like republicans are this tiny minority, it's hilarious. I happen to live in a red state, but they're not exactly going extinct anywhere. 

If the speech ruined your night and your morning, it may be time to reevaluate your life.

For real! Look, I don't condone any name calling or racism. But Meghan is the type who just wants to be mad. Meghan is a healthy young woman of immense privilege, comes from a large family, grew up very loved, now has a husband and baby girl of her own. She literally has everything, but she chooses to be so angry. There have always been and sadly will always be all sorts of terrible things in this world. I'm a sensitive person and can get very upset by things I see on the news, but if we all had our nights and mornings ruined each time people said things we didn't like, our entire lives would be ruined.

Does Meghan know 400,000 Yemeni children may starve to death this year? Does she have any outrage about this? Does she only get her panties in a bunch when she can whine on The View about a hot topic and how republicans are treated? This girl ain't right. 

4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I know republicans who show more outrage about Uncle Tom than they do the n word. It's a tribalism thing. And I know, SJW my ass. Meghan is just very tribal like the people I know. If there were a black man who's a democrat being attacked, she wouldn't care. 

6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan continues to show her true colors.  All that talk during the campaign about her "Uncle Joe" was apparently a lie. And lies it seems is what she thinks is effective messaging.  She knows damn well once her team hears something it becomes gospel and any retraction is called fake news.  Her calling out her own show for not covering the Hunter Biden story was low even for Meghan.  For once the View showed good judgement and didn't talk about that story which as Joy noted could not be verified as being true.   Even though they don't act like it the show is part of the news division and should  have a set of standards concerning what topics are discussed. If one of the cohosts says something that is demonstrably false and proven to be slanderous they could be sued.  

If things continue to improve in this country I look for Meghan to become even more combative.  She knows the better the things are the more likely her team will continue to lose. And for her it's all about her team winning. Not the country but her team.  

Whether they're my uncles by family or my parents very good friends I refer to as uncle, I'd NEVER talk about them the way Meghan does about her "Uncle Joe." I wouldn't dream of trashing his children either. If Meghan truly cared about the family, she would have been outraged by the fact Fox showed his personal intimate photos from his laptop, not ticked off he was never a hot topic on the show. 

I agree with your predictions about Meghan as well. She's just never happy, even when there's a republican president. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know republicans who show more outrage about Uncle Tom than they do the n word. And I know, SJW my ass. Meghan is just very tribal. If there were a black man who's a democrat being attacked, she wouldn't care. 

Why would they care what Black people call each other?  I just find it odd that Megan was having a meltdown over that.  Black folks used even worst language to describe Black people that they feel are foot soldiers for White supremacy. A Black man like Tim Scott denying that racism exists will elicit passionate responses from Black people who experience this everyday.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan talks like republicans are this tiny minority, it's hilarious. I happen to live in a red state, but they're not exactly going extinct anywhere. 

But this is what she is afraid of.  She likes Uncle Joe unless he is threat to her and if his administration does well she sees that as a threat to her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Isn't it always a perfect time for her to take the day off?

3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why would they care what Black people call each other?  I just find it odd that Megan was having a meltdown over that.  Black folks used even worst language to describe Black people that they feel are foot soldiers for White supremacy. A Black man like Tim Scott denying that racism exists will elicit passionate responses from Black people who experience this everyday.

It's all politics. Meghan never even admitted racism was an issue until recently. If she cared so much about racism, she wouldn't have had an issue with Colin K peacefully protesting. She wouldn't support Tucker Carlson and others like him. 

2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

But this is what she is afraid of.  She likes Uncle Joe unless he is threat to her and if his administration does well she sees that as a threat to her.

She's an heiress and will be just fine. Gosh, she's such a silly, silly woman. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JayD83 said:

MM makes me long for the days of Jediblahblah and her shit eating grin. 

Me too! At least Jed was able to have fun with the other ladies and till this day she has never badmouthed the ladies.. I doubt Nutmeg would ever stay on code with the ladies if she were to be fired.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

I'm not sure what Meghan was referring to about a racial slur trending on twitter for hours. I spend entirely too much time on twitter including time before, during and after Biden's speech and the rebuttal. I don't recall seeing a slur trending. I do recall Tim Scott trending and people reacting to the speech.

Maybe it wasn't trending high enough for me to see it in my list of trends. Who knows.

I'll go back to not watching this show. I tuned in today for the opening few minutes and regretted it. I never made it to any actual guests.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Me too! At least Jed was able to have fun with the other ladies and till this day she has never badmouthed the ladies.. I doubt Nutmeg would ever stay on code with the ladies if she were to be fired.. 

I hated Jed when she was on but I would welcome her back over Megan any day!  She had strong opinions but she wasn't lying constantly and wasn't rude and nasty to her cohosts.  And she didn't wear juvenile hair-don't.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I hated Jed when she was on but I would welcome her back over Megan any day!  She had strong opinions but she wasn't lying constantly and wasn't rude and nasty to her cohosts.  And she didn't wear juvenile hair-don't.

They're both bad faith actors in similar ways.  The difference is that Jed was smarter and slicker in many ways, maybe a little more analytical, and better knew when to pull back from the WhatAboutisms and other tricks sooner, so she didn't sound as personally foolish. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan was horrified over the negative tweets thrown at Tim Scott.  Funny how I don't remember her being horrified over negative tweets being thrown at any other politicians who are people of color. And those people were called a lot worse than what Tim Scott was called.

Remember how she used to go on The View with her horrified rant over the disgusting Tweets Republicans threw at Mayor Pete for being gay ? Me neither.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7

Is Meg drunk?  Did she start the weekend early?  Why is she so giddy about that random woman’s interview?

Hilarious... Meg likes daughters of politicians who show they can be successful on their own instead of nepotism. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Is Meg drunk?  Did she start the weekend early?  Why is she so giddy about that random woman’s interview?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9522667/Pantone-creators-ex-wife-Michele-Herbert-says-FBI-took-lot-stuff-Giulianis-aparment.html

I have to admit, it really was funny - glad Meganutz brought this up.  It looked like something out of a comedy.

Plus the interview Rudy did with Tucker, and Tucker's confused / bewildered look on his face...great comedy !

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

LOL....Meghan likes Liz Cheney because she is the daughter of a politician & didnt get her job due to nepotism, and she's an independent thinker like herself.  And her major take-away from the Rudy story was the 'crazy" neighbor lady who reminded her of one of the Real Housewives...rolling my eyes.

• Love 13
Just now, BuckeyeLou said:

LOL....Meghan likes Liz Cheney because she is the daughter of a politician & didnt get her job due to nepotism, and she's an independent thinker like herself.  And her major take-away from the Rudy story was the 'crazy" neighbor lady who reminded her of one of the Real Housewives...rolling my eyes.

She also threw shade at Maxine Waters.  I wish she would try to take her on in an interview but she would not dare do that because she is a coward.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

LOL....Meghan likes Liz Cheney because she is the daughter of a politician & didnt get her job due to nepotism, and she's an independent thinker like herself. 

If you have to proclaim you are an independent thinker then there must be some doubt you are an independent thinker.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 9