Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/26/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, AryasMum said:

Talk about truth in media and the need to issue retractions, why is Meghan never made to apologize or correct her lies?  

Great point. The only discipline she ever seems to get is a day off now and then after saying something especially offensive. I wish one of the other ladies (or guests, for that matter) would simply say, "you are NOT the only conservative woman on TV. You are NOT special."

Again, it should be interesting once they finally are all back together in the studio. I have a feeling that the other ladies aren't going to put up with all this nonsense anymore.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Talk about truth in media and the need to issue retractions, why is Meghan never made to apologize or correct her lies?  The View is under ABC news, why do they consistently let Meghan say she’s the only conservative in mainstream media?  Could she really mean - only unqualified conservative in MSM?  

That's what I thought, too: Nearly everything Sunny was saying about Tucker Carlson and FOX News was true about McCain and ABC. So, really, they don't even have room to talk.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

The ladies have really found their stride lately with the current format. Megun not speaking out of turn and going over her time plus less topics and guests makes a huge difference. Whoopi still is a terrible moderator. Joy is so much better as a moderator.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:05 AM, bella1716 said:

anyone else notice how much Sunny stutters and says "uh, um, ah ha, uh"??? It's literally after every single word now. She has great things to say but that stuttering makes it so distracting sometimes I have to skip. 

No, I hadn't noticed. Probably won't be able to un-hear it now that you've pointed it out!

• Love 4
On 4/25/2021 at 4:55 PM, deirdra said:

I've noticed.  She doesn't seem to prepare for the show as thoroughly as she used to, before she found out how low her salary was compared to those who put in zero effort or read off blue cards prepared for them.  She used to seem to have prepared like a lawyer for court, going over what she planned to say a few times so that she could say it without memorizing or reading the words, so it sounded spontaneous, but well thought out, not searching for words in the middle of a sentence.  Sara seems to prepare for the show like Sunny used to.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:49 AM, ifionlyknew said:

I read Sunny's book and not only was/is she not paid what her co hosts were/are making it was never officially announced she was joining the View as a permanent co host.  These are things that make her feel she isn't appreciated. Can't say that I blame her.  

Whoa. Hold the phone. I didn't know this was a thing about Sunny being paid less than others. I never really noticed her not being prepared for the show. She always seems up-to-date on the topics and well-versed on legal commentary. She made that legal correction on today's show and then chimed in about the journalist doing the best to fix the mistake like she was knowledgeable on the topic.

• Love 4

I think they’ve started cutting the ladies mics off once they are done with their solo soliloquies. Notice they also don’t show the group shots just go from Whoopi to a panelist back to Whoopi so you can’t even see if a panelist wants to respond. No actual conversation on this show with this format. So boring.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 4

In a segment about how important it is for media not to spread lies, just about everything that Meghan said was untrue. I was so glad when Joy pushed back after the commercial break.

Tuskegee is why we now have Informed Consent for medical procedures.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

In a segment about how important it is for media not to spread lies, just about everything that Meghan said was untrue. I was so glad when Joy pushed back after the commercial break.

Tuskegee is why we now have Informed Consent for medical procedures.

Oh she pissed me off bigly with her little speech this morning.  The problem is people like my Dad (who is far from an idiot) believes this Fox news bullshit! Who's refusing the vacc becz of what these idiots spout.  I mean how ridiculous was that report?? Getting rid of the red meat industry?!  Its so dumb i don't know how people can take it seriously.  But they do and i have to respect that and i dont know how to talk to him w/o being preachy.  Anyway, suck it MM

P.s.  why can't the beef industry go after them like they did Oprah?

Edited by ForumLou
Added
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

Who knew what a great guest  Grisham was? Thoroughly enjoyed his segment. He has a great sense of humor and storytelling.  Love his books and movies too.  Hope Mathew does the sequel.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Oh she pissed me off bigly with her little speech this morning.  The problem is people like my Dad (who is far from an idiot) believes this Fox news bullshit! Who's refusing the vacc becz of what these idiots spout.  I mean how ridiculous was that report?? Getting rid of the red meat industry?!  Its so dumb i don't know how people can take it seriously.  But they do and i have to respect that and i dont know how to talk to him w/o being preachy.  Anyway, suck it MM

P.s.  why can't the beef industry go after them like they did Oprah?

Part of the problem is that people no longer seek out information for themselves.  They rely on other people with their own diabolical agendas to do it for them.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, leftlane said:

Oh lawd, seems like I missed Megun tripping about liberal media. My tv signal was going in and out right in the middle of whatever she was saying.

Lucky you. 😉

1 hour ago, geekburger said:

I think they’ve started cutting the ladies mics off once they are done with their solo soliloquies. Notice they also don’t show the group shots just go from Whoopi to a panelist back to Whoopi so you can’t even see if a panelist wants to respond. No actual conversation on this show with this format. So boring.

And they all start with 'oh!' After Whoopi calls their name.  Like its a surprise or something.  Plus i noticed Whoopi's under-talking is back again.  Someone must be on vacation lol

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

She also brought up the trump kids and how they were picked on.  Someone came back with how the story about Hunter Biden wasn’t vetted, and that’s why it wasn’t discussed in HT.    Hunter Biden doesn’t have an office in the West Wing (Ivanka) And I don’t see him running his mouth on tv every night (DJTJ) . And I may have missed it, but I also don’t see him applying for and getting patents from other countries .  

or tweeting insults on a daily basis.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

I agree. There is no back and forth discussion anymore.  They give their opinion, Whoopi makes a comment, and that's it. And Whoopi rarely says anything except, ok ...

It is boring.  I DVR and fast-forward and usually just delete it before it's over.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Pearson80 said:

Part of the problem is that people no longer seek out information for themselves.  They rely on other people with their own diabolical agendas to do it for them.   

And with social media (which sadly way too many people get their news from) they only see news that only reinforces what they already believe.  

Meghan tells us what news she watches at night.  She isn't watching Rachel Maddow to hear another point of view.  

I don't watch any cable news.  And any news I see on my social media (FB only) I check to see if the link is a reputable source.  Too many people are just reading the headlines which are purposely being written as click bait.

• Love 4

I bet Dana Perrino, who cohosts the daily 'FOX FIVE' on FOX , sure appreciates that Meganutz doesn't consider her another female conservative voice in mainstream media. Ainsley Earhardt  - cohost of 'Fox and Friends' each morning - must appreciate it, too. And there's Harris Falkner, Jeanine Pirro, etc. who must appreciate her remarks, too.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Meg is so self-centered and entitled that I think she lost part of herself with Her Side losing and all her “wise advice” she doled out proved untrue. She seems so much more unhinged now that her party is no longer in control. She’s all over the place with self-pitying rants and speaks 100 miles a minute with 10 topics every segment she gets to speak. She’s just one unhappy rant after the other no matter the question or topic. The Only Conservative Token rant was embarrassing, even for her. 

I'm dead! lol 

4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

She'd better live it up now because I don't think the other ladies are going to be quite so accommodating once they get back into the studio. Too bad we can't see their faces when MM goes into one of her rants. You know that they roll their eyes as much as we do!!

I normally look like this after a Meghan rant. 

whoopi.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

Gee, Meghan, I'm sure people like Laura Ingraham,, SE Cupp, the female hosts on Fox, just love being dismissed by your Whineness.

But they haven't been in politics their whole lives like Meghan.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, leftlane said:

Whoa. Hold the phone. I didn't know this was a thing about Sunny being paid less than others. I never really noticed her not being prepared for the show. She always seems up-to-date on the topics and well-versed on legal commentary. She made that legal correction on today's show and then chimed in about the journalist doing the best to fix the mistake like she was knowledgeable on the topic.

Listen, I have no idea what any of them make, but anyone who has to work with Meghan McCain M-F can't possibly be paid enough. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Listen, I have no idea what any of them make, but anyone who has to work with Meghan McCain M-F can't possibly be paid enough. 

Amen. It'll be worse when they finally go back into the studio and rejoin Sara (who has always been there). I hope she will stay emboldened enough not to let The Princess get under her skin.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Holy Hell! This bitch is truly down the rabbit hole now. I can't believe she will get away with spouting all this bullshit.

So I guess Fox isnt mainstream to her? Otherwise how is she the only conservative around? And what about people like Nicole wallace, Ana, etc…she needs to define “ “conservative” because otherwise she spouts nonsense and clearly her definition isn’t the normal one.  I’m so sick of her touting herself this way…and why has t anyone called her on this?  And she really needed to get that shout out for hubby…does he need the free ad or is he really the most influential website?  As far as I can tell he doesn’t always deal in facts as well..  and I think the reason these sites and programs are popular is because they tell people what they want to hear and they have the right scapegoats for everything that’s wrong for their audience.  Not because they deal in facts.  And why the h..ll doesn’t she ever answer the actual question?  Also, Sunny is correct…once it’s been said, the later retraction becomes somewhat irrelevant.  Those who listen will simply say it’s political correctness and they had to pretend to apologize.  

• Love 14
4 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Too bad that can't happen for all of us every time she opens up her trap. 😝🤣😂

That’s why i DVR it so I can FF through her…unless this forum, has noted something particularly funny or stupid.  

• Love 6

I think MeAgain confuses mainstream with network.  Perhaps she is referring to ABC, NBC and CBS -I don't have a clue but once again she is spewing incorrect information.  It annoys me to no end that she is never held accountable or has to correct a prior statement or offer an apology.  She gets away with things that anyone who wasn't the daughter of Her Father would ever get away with.  It wouldn't be tolerated. I keep waiting and I know all about the ratings and her supposed draw but I can't help but think the PTB don't get pissed off at some of her comments particularly about their show.

I find it interesting she didn't mention that Brilliant Ben is working for Fox these days. I believe he guest hosted one of their prime time shows for a couple of weeks. Looking for a full time gig I presume.  Hopefully he gets the nod and has to stay in DC to anchor and she won't be able to come back to NYC when the show heads back to the studio.  One is permitted to dream, right??  

• Love 14

29 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

So I guess Fox isnt mainstream to her? Otherwise how is she the only conservative around? And what about people like Nicole wallace, Ana, etc…she needs to define “ “conservative” because otherwise she spouts nonsense and clearly her definition isn’t the normal one.  I’m so sick of her touting herself this way…and why has t anyone called her on this?  And she really needed to get that shout out for hubby…does he need the free ad or is he really the most influential website?  As far as I can tell he doesn’t always deal in facts as well..  and I think the reason these sites and programs are popular is because they tell people what they want to hear and they have the right scapegoats for everything that’s wrong for their audience.  Not because they deal in facts.  And why the h..ll doesn’t she ever answer the actual question?  Also, Sunny is correct…once it’s been said, the later retraction becomes somewhat irrelevant.  Those who listen will simply say it’s political correctness and they had to pretend to apologize.  

Not to mention the conservatives including conservative women on the Sunday morning network shows on ABC, NBC, and CBS.  She's not the lone voice, she's just choosing to ignore all the others.  Maybe she's thinks acknowledging others hurts her "brand"?

Love Sec. Fudge.   Not the most exciting interview but always thorough and she answers direct questions.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

As been said by posters here the View likes having "Real Housewives" moments on the View.  I wouldn't be surprised if the suits were hoping for their very own table flipping happening.  

This is why The View should be kicked out of the "News" division of ABC and punted back into the "Entertainment" division

MeAgain should be charged advertising fees for yapping about her husband's online magazine.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

This is why The View should be kicked out of the "News" division of ABC and punted back into the Entertainment division

Even categorizing it as entertainment is becoming a bit of a stretch. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That's what I thought, too: Nearly everything Sunny was saying about Tucker Carlson and FOX News was true about McCain and ABC. So, really, they don't even have room to talk.

MeAgain fillibusters into the commercial time so nobody can correct her lies.  They should make a point of correcting her as soon as they come back.

• Love 10

Meghan McCain is convictionless and has no coherent worldview.   She regularly doubles down on the idea that she has a solid work ethic and a flair for politics and, in the same breath, namechecks her father. Why not *show* the audience you understand something rather than *tell* us that you do? (I keep waiting for her to show off that ivy league education.) She is expert at drawing attention to herself as the quintessential product of nepotism and can't distinguish between negative and positive attention. She's nearing Ann Coulter status as a figure who seems to get off on being hated because she's "misunderstood" or "the other side is just too dumb to get it."  Everyone knows she'd be a cashier at Lane Bryant if she had a different last name. These temper tantrums aren't entertaining and the show has become barely watchable since she returned.  I've adjusted my expectations and stopped tuning in for the most part. She is the "missing stair" that everyone is afraid to deal with directly.

Edited by adore
ugh, rage typos
  • Love 18

I'm pretty sure Meghan said today that liberals control all three branches of government.  Last time I checked, the Supreme Court was full of conservatives.  She must think the three branches are Executive, Senate, & House of Rep.  😄

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm pretty sure Meghan said today that liberals control all three branches of government.  Last time I checked, the Supreme Court was full of conservatives.  She must think the three branches are Executive, Senate, & House of Rep.  😄

She was probably rabble rousing, not paying attention during that class ( I actually had it in 5th, 8th & 12th grade).

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I bet Dana Perrino, who cohosts the daily 'FOX FIVE' on FOX , sure appreciates that Meganutz doesn't consider her another female conservative voice in mainstream media. Ainsley Earhardt  - cohost of 'Fox and Friends' each morning - must appreciate it, too. And there's Harris Falkner, Jeanine Pirro, etc. who must appreciate her remarks, too.

Yes, it is weird she hasn't been called out for saying this. I guess she thinks Fox is not mainstream media?

But what about Ana?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I normally look like this after a Meghan rant. 

whoopi.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

God bless Whoopi!! She may be an EGOT, but no one can make up an expression like that. This picture will never NOT be funny!! 🤣😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

This is true.  She is so angry about it.  Her whole life is built around her being a conservative that she seems to have taken the loss as a personal affront.  Instead of taking a good look at why her team lost she will just double down and be nasty and obnoxious about everything.

And, yet, she gloated at the karma against Trump from AZ turning. She is very confusing.

And did she really say say the Ivanka just needs to cough wrong and the media are all over her? She is seriously deluded and contradicts herself from minute to minute.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Whoopi was clearly pissed at her for this egotistic rant that she went on, rather than addressing and offering an opinion of the actual bullshit story that was repeated over and over again on Fox News??  

Whoopi was very pissed at MeAgain and after she rebutted her comments she had that face on and turned to her right and I am sure when they went to commercial she just got up from her chair and paced!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, it is weird she hasn't been called out for saying this. I guess she thinks Fox is not mainstream media?

But what about Ana?

I know. She's more or less called Ana a rino. She's consistently disrespectful of Ana as a fellow republican. 

21 minutes ago, bannana said:

And, yet, she gloated at the karma against Trump from AZ turning. She is very confusing.

And did she really say say the Ivanka just needs to cough wrong and the media are all over her? She is seriously deluded and contradicts herself from minute to minute.

I think she gloated because she took it as payback for what was said about MyFather. That's really her only issue with you know who. 

For real! Meghan never calls out the hypocrisy of rightwing media with how political families are treated. If a team democrat First Lady earned the Dr. title but isn't a medical doctor, she's not to be addressed as a doctor. If a team republican First Lady lies about her education and the number of languages she speaks, they just go with the lies and talk about how intelligent she is. If a team democrat First Lady who's always carried herself with tremendous dignity and class bares her beautiful arms, oh my gosh! But if a team republican First Lady took risqué nudie photos and has dressed in all kinds or super provocative attire throughout the years, it's okay because she's a European former model. Please. Megan can spare me.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

This isn't the first time she has said this. She really doesn't know the three branches are executive; legislative and judicial.   And since when is Biden a liberal?

• Love 10
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

But they haven't been in politics their whole lives like Meghan.

I was cheering for Sunny when she doubled down after MM had her little rebuttal.  When Sunny said she was very close friends with the reporter AND his wife, her dear dear friend..guffaw....suck it MM

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

True and i try to send him to websites not so Alex whatshisname.  If anybody has an idea for patriotic-esque, please send me the url.  Thanks

Edited by ForumLou
I think its Alex Jones
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

LOVE THIS!  

Awww why it gotta be Lane Bryant¿ Heehee j/k..tm RR

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Hazard pay

• Love 2

Wow! Boring show today. The only 2 things that got my attention were Whoopi's new hairstyle and the way she pronounced Secretary Fudge's name as Fudgaaay.

Lol at the way her hair looked different after each segment. That one stubborn braid kept moving allover the place

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Just thinking about this morning’s show again, I can’t help but be struck by the fact that this is yet another McCain response that doesn’t even make sense in context. I mean, McCain’s only response to a topic that was about blatantly false stories is not that false stories are bad, but that the “liberal media” should’ve talked more about some other false story… So the problem isn’t that there are lies in the news in her eyes, it’s that there should be more lies. Incredible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

That’s why i DVR it so I can FF through her…unless this forum, has noted something particularly funny or stupid.  

Lucky you. I suppose I could just mute her, but then I'd have to look at her face to know when she finally stops and I can un-mute, and I ain't doing that. Usually I'm standing half out of the room and staring at the ceiling while she speaks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Hee hee!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/meghan-mccain-defends-fox-news-after-network-spreads-fake-biden-beef-stories-fox-is-killing-it/ar-BB1gaoPu?ocid=BingNewsSearch

From another site:

“What I find interesting is not the stories we talk about, but the stories we don’t talk about,” McCain says

On Wednesday’s episode of “The View,” Meghan McCain called out her own show for their “liberal bias,” saying: “What I find interesting is not the stories we talk about, but the stories we don’t talk about. We never talked about Hunter Biden … if Ivanka Trump or Donald Trump Jr. coughed in the wrong directions we talk about it.”

McCain has frequently called attention to her conservative views clashing with those of her more liberal co-hosts. But on Wednesday’s show, she specifically made reference to the fact that most of the subjects chosen for “Hot Topics” contain issues that are pro-liberal, essentially calling out the producers of her own show for their bias.

The co-hosts discussed two recent on-air mistakes from Fox News concerning Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, and when asked by Whoopi Goldberg if she thought the media had a right to fact-check stories before the public sees them, McCain ended up defending the conservative network. After asserting that she remains the token conservative woman on the show, McCain went on to complain about her feelings against liberal media, and called out CNN and MSNBC for being just as bad as Fox News. 

“There’s a reason why Fox is killing it in the ratings and laps everyone else. It’s because it seems like it’s rigged every place else. You think Jim Acosta isn’t an activist? I don’t have any trust in people on CNN,” McCain said. “I take such umbrage at this entire concept that liberal media which runs all of media, all of tech, all of entertainment, all of music, all three branches of government, I’m supposed to feel bad that Fox News has like, two things that have been inaccurate? I mean let’s go down the list of things on CNN and NBC that are inaccurate.”

• Love 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9521929/Meghan-McCain-rails-against-liberal-mainstream-media-saying-token-conservative.html

Megan McCain has been a co-host of The View since 2017, and works alongside Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro.

'What I have found interesting working in what I consider liberal media, is not the stories that we talk about, but the stories that we don't talk about,' she said.

'For example we never once talked about Hunter Biden as a hot topic on this show, whereas if Ivanka Trump or Donald Trump Jr cough in the wrong direction, then it probably would have taken up the first two blocks,' continued McCain. 

Hunter Biden's foreign business entanglements spurred controversy in the waning days of his father's successful presidential bid last year, but drew little interest from the mainstream media. 

Facebook and Twitter even censored articles on the topic - but an active FBI probe into Hunter Biden's business deals was later revealed, and DailyMail.com has since confirmed the authenticity of the abandoned laptop that spurred the original stories. 

In her remarks, McCain touted her conservative credentials, mentioning the conservative news and commentary website run by her husband Ben Domench, The Federalist.

'The reason these outlets like this need to exist is because everything else is liberal, everywhere else,' she said.

'I am the token conservative in media, in mainstream media. The only conservative woman in all of media,' said McCain on Wednesday's episode

McCain slammed her own show 'ignoring' certain stories, including Hunter Biden 's controversies

'There's a reason why Fox is killing it in the ratings and laps everyone else,' she said. 'It's because it seems like it's rigged every place else. You think Jim Acosta isn't an activist? I don't have any trust in people on CNN.'

'I take such umbrage at this entire concept that liberal media, which runs all of media, all of tech, all of entertainment, all of music, all three branches of government, I'm supposed to feel bad that Fox News has like, two things that have been inaccurate?' she asked, referring to recent corrections issued by the network.

'I mean let's go down the list of things on CNN and NBC that are inaccurate,' she concluded. 

McCain, an outspoken conservative, has never been one to hold back on her views, but it is rare for her to so directly criticize the producers of The View, who set the agenda for the show's topics.

In January, she did explode on air at a producer on The View after they displayed a legal notice on the show to correct her after she said Michael Avenatti was 'going to jail', when he was actually being remanded pending trial.

At the time, McCain was reportedly not on speaking terms with any of her co-hosts and has often found herself at the center of bitter cat fights on screen with her liberal counterparts and guests on the show. 

She had even fallen out with Abby Huntsman, the other conservative host on the panel, who left the show just weeks later.

• Love 3