Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/26/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I don’t understand why she’s not vaccinated yet unless it’s by choice or if she wants it done on camera and nobody wants to come to her. I’m also in Virginia and my family of four (including two minor teenagers) were able to get vaccinated (first dose).  

Yeah seems kind of hypocritical.  Before she couldn't wait to be vacc'd so she could go to Vegas again.  Now that she's eligible she doesn't want to take it.  What gives?

3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

For someone who graduated from an Ivy League school with an art history degree you would think she would have some interest in things that are more serious and thought provoking.  But then I remembered this is Meghan and her idea of a fun is drinking and shooting. I  bet she was a big fan of Jackass.

I loved Jackass lol 🙃

• Love 4

Between Cindy McCain and Sharon Stone who followed her, I can only imagine how much each doctor made off of them with botox and plastic surgery. Neither could really raise their eye brows, as their foreheads were so frozen. They couldn't smile too wide either.

And both their memoirs sound the same - dealing with grief and pain in their lives. I'll pass....

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

And both their memoirs sound the same - dealing with grief and pain in their lives. I'll pass....

I finished Sharon Stone's memoir last night. I enjoyed it.  It wasn't a kiss and tell memoir which was a nice change of pace.  Don't get me wrong I enjoy a juicy gossip filled book as much as the next person but there is so much more to Sharon than who she dated.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

Yeah seems kind of hypocritical.  Before she couldn't wait to be vacc'd so she could go to Vegas again.  Now that she's eligible she doesn't want to take it.  What gives?

I loved Jackass lol 🙃

I think she really enjoys being contrary and loves to complain. Nothing is good enough and nothing pleases her. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Between Cindy McCain and Sharon Stone who followed her, I can only imagine how much each doctor made off of them with botox and plastic surgery. Neither could really raise their eye brows, as their foreheads were so frozen. They couldn't smile too wide either.

It wasn't until nearly the end of the second episode of Sharon Stone playing a judge on Law & Order that I finally recognized who she was.  Her voice sounded familiar but I couldn't place her as she had someone else's eyes and no smile or laugh lines.  They all seem to go for the same generic bottle blonde woman's chicklet teeth, lips, nose, eye shape and shiny featureless forehead.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1

Yup Lindsey, there’s NO such thing as systemic racism in America.  But we’re stuck with MeAgain McCain and mommy Cindy.  Who no one would know if not for John.  Not to mention Jenna Bush and Chelsea Clinton, who are certainly riding on their father’s coattails (parents, in Chelsea’s case).  And I don’t dislike Jenna or Chelsea.  But really, would either of them be where they are without the leg up they got from their families???

Even movie stah Whoopi hasn’t had that impact on her family of freeloaders.  Thanks Joy, for calling out that nonsense all day, every day.  Having one Black President and one Black/Asian Vice-President in the history of this country doesn’t eliminate all the injustice people of color have been, and continue to be, subjected to over the years.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I guess cheerleading you know who was worth the risk but fighting for justice wasn't? Silly, silly people. 

I seem to remember Meghan saying something just like this last summer.

And something is definitely up with her either not getting vaccinated or not publicly saying she did get vaccinated.  As she keeps saying she knows plenty of people who won't get vaccinated so she is probably not wanting them to know she did get vaccinated.  For all her talk about being someone who goes her own way she really doesn't.   She is always a team player.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I seem to remember Meghan saying something just like this last summer.

She did. 

Cindy is so well-mannered and ladylike. How is Meghan her daughter?

Liberty is REALLY cute. 

Meghan kind of reminds me of Sharon Stone facially, a fuller-faced version. Despite her personality, I have always found Meghan's face movie star beautiful. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Tucker Carlson is a nut job who spreads nothing but misinformation and hate. Shame on Fox for giving a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynist asshole a huge platform. 

I think it's stupid to show more outrage over those who show an abundance of caution than it is toward those who are reckless. Gee, which is the more dangerous attitude? Wearing masks, socially distancing, getting vaccinated or refusing to wear them, super spreader events and anti-vaxxer rhetoric? Meghan and many others in rightwing media were quite tribal about this, and I'm glad Sunny called it out. They never condemned maskless super spreader events (some of which were INDOORS), at least not without whining about BLM protests. I guess cheerleading you know who was worth the risk but fighting for justice wasn't? Silly, silly people. 

Sadly Tucker gets high ratings  on a nightly basis and what does that say about us as a country.   We love to watch and consume toxic people on reality tv and other tv shows.. 

Megan is an idiot, always has been and always will be.  She is just being used to spread propaganda on a major network.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

It wasn't until nearly the end of the second episode of Sharon Stone playing a judge on Law & Order that I finally recognized who she was. 

She wasn't a judge.  She played an Assistant District Attorney. And it was on that craptasticshitfest SVU.

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sadly Tucker gets high ratings  on a nightly basis and what does that say about us as a country.   We love to watch and consume toxic people on reality tv and other tv shows.. 

Megan is an idiot, always has been and always will be.  She is just being used to spread propaganda on a major network.  

It makes me sad he gets such high ratings. He's literally the worst. He's so bad, Rush Limbaugh was a nice man in comparison. I do watch some guilty pleasure reality TV (mostly a couple HW shows). Some of the personalities are nicer than others, but I truly cannot stomach racists, especially if they're ones with serious platforms. I'm also someone who's very openminded, not tribal and like to consume media from all political views. Meghan thinks everyone who has an issue with her or someone at Fox must have an issue due to politics, nope! I initially thought Meghan would be awesome because the show should feature a conservative. (We need a progressive on too.) If Tucker weren't constantly bashing black and brown people, I'd gladly tune in to get some conservative news. In the meantime, I wish they'd cancel him already. Probably wishful thinking, but he can't be on TV forever. I just hope whoever takes his place someday is an upgrade. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

For someone who graduated from an Ivy League school with an art history degree you would think she would have some interest in things that are more serious and thought provoking.  But then I remembered this is Meghan and her idea of a fun is drinking and shooting. I  bet she was a big fan of Jackass.

Well, Meghan bragged about being a rabble-rouser all through junior high/high school.  So, do you think she was a good student in college?  I'm thinking she coasted through college by taking easy classes, rarely showing up, and partying every weekend.   She has never shown any intellectual curiosity  or critical thinking that you would expect from someone of her background. 

• Love 12
On 4/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, T****** is still waiting to get vaccinated. Why do I find this difficult to believe?

Not to give her that much credit, but it could just be that she's not fully vaccinated. It takes 4 weeks, or 6 weeks, if you add in the time for the second dose to work. I mean there's no way The Princess of Arizona is going to settle for the J&J vaccine. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Kromm said:

Not to give her that much credit, but it could just be that she's not fully vaccinated. It takes 4 weeks, or 6 weeks, if you add in the time for the second dose to work. I mean there's no way The Princess of Arizona is going to settle for the J&J vaccine. 

From what she muttered, it sounded like she said “if I ever get vaccinated” and since I always delete the show after watching, can’t pull it up again. 

She’s apparently living in Virginia, so that’s where she’d get the shot. And the Pfizer is three weeks/21 days apart and Moderna 28 days. That she’s been silent is telling.

I know it’s still a lot, but I believe Stephen Colbert’s stats about how many Republicans don’t want the vaccine (30%), instead of Meghan’s, whose numbers vacillate between 46-49%.

That she actually thinks she and everyone should have been able to go to the beach last summer also exposes her ignorance. People ignored Fauci and went and partayed, and the result? A huge SPIKE in COVID cases-EXACTLY what he and other scientists warned would happen. So she can miss me with her saying “the messaging has been crap” along with all the other misinformation.

• Love 17
49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That she’s been silent is telling.

I agree.  Meghan likes to complain about something but given the opportunity to remedy whatever she is complaining about she is silent.    For all her ranting and raving about wanting to get a vaccine so she can go party and now that she is eligible she doesn't say a word? No something is off about that.  

If she isn't vaccinated would ABC want her back in the studio?

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know it’s still a lot, but I believe Stephen Colbert’s stats about how many Republicans don’t want the vaccine (30%), instead of Meghan’s, whose numbers vacillate between 46-49%.

It annoys me to no end when Meghan talks about Republican hesitancy regarding the vaccine and attributes it to poor messaging without mentioning the messenger who did the most damage. And it wasn't the CDC or Dr. Fauci.

• Love 16

Here's what I didn't understand - maybe someone can clear this up for me ?

I believe it was Sunny who brought up Sarah Palin, and  reminded Cindy McCain she blamed Palin in her book for her husband's loss in 2008. She asked Cindy to elaborate, which made Cindy visibly uncomfortable on television.

McCain then danced around, saying she really didn't say that, and Palin was a lovely person, and the economy and other 'outside forces' cost him the election, blah, blah, blah.  I don't get it. I'm sure Sunny knows what was in the book (she claimed she read it), she asked a valid question - why would McCain now try to backtrack, and pretend she didn't really say this ?  Did McCain really think that she wasn't going to be asked about this ?  And why didn't Sunny push back like she has with other guests when she makes them uncomfortable ?  Sunny never gives up - she always pushes when she knows she's right.

I was totally disappointed with this exchange.

• Love 11

OMG!  I cant even with Meghan McCain!  BooHoo, she is the ONLY Conservative in Media?! Really?!  And then she has to brag about her husband's Influential website and how all her friends are Conservatives & yet all of Hollywood & Politics is So Liberal & nobody is listening to her or her tribe!  Oh Good Grief!  And then she says Fox News Ratings are higher than anybody elses...is this true?  And on a shallow note, her big poufy sleeves are not at all flattering on her.

• Love 15

“Shows like this one think one out of five voices being a conservative is enough”  (not her exact words, but close)

No, MegaNutz. I think that if  this show is a liberal platform,   then they have intentionally hired the dumbest big mouth they could find to make “her side look ridiculous on Mainstream.    And as I type this, Joy is letting her have it!  Love Joy!!

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Holy Hell! This bitch is truly down the rabbit hole now. I can't believe she will get away with spouting all this bullshit.

Megan needs to be careful, she needs to remember how Sharon from the talk imploded..  Nutmeg is just so awful in so many ways..

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Good for Joy actually pushing back on the lies. Too bad none of them ever bring up Abby when she says this; if McCain is free to "call out" ABC and The View, then the rest of them should be free to call out Meghan McCain and how The View / ABC have enabled her.

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

“Shows like this one think one out of five voices being a conservative is enough”  (not her exact words, but close)

That’s exactly how she wants it so she can pontificate for her tribe. She wants to be the only one as she perceives it. Daughter of the Maverick. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Good for Joy actually pushing back on the lies. Too bad none of them ever bring up Abby when she says this; if McCain is free to "call out" ABC and The View, then the rest of them should be free to call out Meghan McCain and how The View / ABC have enabled her.

I agree - I wish someone would have brought that up!!  But, of course, we're not supposed to know that McCain supposedly pushed Abby out of her seat....Abby supposedly left to help her father with his campaign, and to spend more time with her children.  

I was sooo glad that Joy pushed back on Meghan - I just wish that we could have seen Meghan's face/reaction when Joy was speaking! 

• Love 16

Meg is so self-centered and entitled that I think she lost part of herself with Her Side losing and all her “wise advice” she doled out proved untrue. She seems so much more unhinged now that her party is no longer in control. She’s all over the place with self-pitying rants and speaks 100 miles a minute with 10 topics every segment she gets to speak. She’s just one unhappy rant after the other no matter the question or topic. The Only Conservative Token rant was embarrassing, even for her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Another reminder that the only reason Meghan McCain is the solo conservative co-host on this show is because she chased Abby off and blocked Ana from full-time (and likely tried to block Elisabeth from returning as well). She needs this narrative to be true more than it actually is true. Sorry, hun, you're not a token. Everything about you is a lie.

She also allegedly blocked Tara Setmayer from returning to the show.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15

Is it just me, or does The Princess take up twice the time as everyone else ranting and raving? Sunny and Sara both gave their opinions and MM took up more time than the both of them combined!! 

She'd better live it up now because I don't think the other ladies are going to be quite so accommodating once they get back into the studio. Too bad we can't see their faces when MM goes into one of her rants. You know that they roll their eyes as much as we do!!

I love Sunny, but her hairstyle today - just no. The shade of pink Sara was wearing looked great on her. 

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I AM THE ONLY CONSERVATIVE IN MAINSTREAM MEDIA!!!!!  I AM THE ONLY CONSERVATIVE WOMAN IN MAINSTREAM MEDIA!!!!  I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL MEGHAN McCAIN!!!!   (Said in my best "Wizard of Oz" echo voice!)  

I was thinking "I AM Big Sister Gorgeous One!" Meghan needs to consider that if Hollywood and the media were truly Liberal, then so many racial, religious, and LGBTQ+ wouldn't have to fight so far for representation. I think Whoopi's response suggested this, but it didn't register with Captain Puffysleeves.

34 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

OMG!  I cant even with Meghan McCain!  BooHoo, she is the ONLY Conservative in Media?! Really?!  And then she has to brag about her husband's Influential website and how all her friends are Conservatives & yet all of Hollywood & Politics is So Liberal & nobody is listening to her or her tribe!  Oh Good Grief!  And then she says Fox News Ratings are higher than anybody elses...is this true?  And on a shallow note, her big poufy sleeves are not at all flattering on her.

I can't believe Meghan had the nerve bring up her plagiarist husband in a segment about journalistic responsibility and integrity. Sometimes it's as if she wants to be mocked.

27 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What happened to all her media friends? Is S.E. Cupp now unemployed? Bari Weiss left the NYT, but we still hear from her. Rick Santorum's racist comments about Native Americans were uttered on CNN.  Tomi Lahren is still sharing her banalities, so why does Meghan believe she's the Last Conservative Standing?

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 20
22 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

ABC is under no obligation to have any  conservative women on the View.  There is no rule both sides need represented.  You can thank Ronald Reagan for getting rid of the Fairness Doctrine.  And Meghan is kidding  her self if she thinks she was hired because of  her political beliefs. She was hired for her last name.  

16 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Meg is so self-centered and entitled that I think she lost part of herself with Her Side losing and all her “wise advice” she doled out proved untrue. She seems so much more unhinged now that her party is no longer in control.

This is true.  She is so angry about it.  Her whole life is built around her being a conservative that she seems to have taken the loss as a personal affront.  Instead of taking a good look at why her team lost she will just double down and be nasty and obnoxious about everything.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

I can't believe Meghan had the nerve bring up her plagiarist husband in a segment about journalistic responsibility and integrity. Sometimes it's as if she wants to be mocked.

I look for her to be roasted on social media about that.  She very rarely mentions her husband or his website but now that she has Twitter will do what it does when people step in it.

• Love 9

This board is the perfect example as to why ABC keeps Meghan on the show.  She gets all of the attention.  She's all anyone wants to talk about.  The more she misbehaves, the more attention she gets.  It's a win-win for her and a win-win for ABC $$$.  The big losers in all of this are her co-hosts for having to put up with her.  She has all the power.  The viewers are also the losers but that's easily solved by not watching. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

This board is the perfect example as to why ABC keeps Meghan on the show.  She gets all of the attention.  She's all anyone wants to talk about.  The more she misbehaves, the more attention she gets.  It's a win-win for her and a win-win for ABC $$$.  The big losers in all of this are her co-hosts for having to put up with her.  She has all the power.  The viewers are also the losers but that's easily solved by not watching. 

And that shows what a sad state of affairs television has become.  Meghan might be the most talked about co host but she is least liked and least respected.  But that doesn't matter anymore.  Remember when Star Jones was let go?  It was because people didn't like her anymore.  As been said by posters here the View likes having "Real Housewives" moments on the View.  I wouldn't be surprised if the suits were hoping for their very own table flipping happening.  

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I'm surprised that whenever Meghan uses the word "token" it doesn't trigger Whoopi and Sunny.  Couldn't Whoopi say she is the "token" Black woman?  Wouldn't Sunny be the "token" Latina(x) woman? 

You could add Ana (who must be shocked that she apparently doesn't count as a conservative woman in the media) in the Latina category as well.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Major hair no Sunny.  Meghan is the ONLY Conservative on media now?  WTF???

yeah, after Megzy said that and Joy started to give her correction, I was hoping it was going to be that, no, Megzy is NOT the ONLY conservative on media.  But of course, they rarely challenge her idiotic statements.

• Love 10

Talk about truth in media and the need to issue retractions, why is Meghan never made to apologize or correct her lies?  The View is under ABC news, why do they consistently let Meghan say she’s the only conservative in mainstream media?  Could she really mean - only unqualified conservative in MSM?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 20