Type keyword(s) to search

S13..E14: If You’ve Got It, Haunt It

• Start Topic

Kenya finds out that LaToya is spreading her business.  Drew juggles between planning a girls trip to NOLA and reconnecting her son with his biological father. Tensions boil over as the ladies attend Fallyn’s chaotic Halloween party. 

Airdate: 03.21.2021

LaToya just seems so exhausting. I'm glad she didn't make it as a housewife. Why come for Falynn? LaToya should be glad Falynn's house was so big. Who knows what would have happened if the golf clubs were closer?

I'm glad Drew and Porsha called out Kenya's problematic costume. Kenya should be better than that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

I like(d?) Fallyn, but that party was pretty lame. I know most of those ladies must have been pissed that they spent hours getting all that elaborate make-up on for a couple of jump scares and some cocktail wieners.

• LOL 11
  • Love 10

The whole Drew Ralph Josiahs bio dad thing makes me feel weird watching. First why on camera then 2nd seems like they’re pressuring him.

Marlo and Kenya’s friendship makes me not like Marlo. It’s so fake and stupid. What is Marlo trying to do.

I can’t believe Kenya’s costume.

Latoya is ridiculous. Like I don’t know what she’s even trying to do. If she’s trying to become some major housewife she’s failing. She’s so over the top and obvious with her rudeness. It’s embarrassing. Or maybe that’s how she really is. I don’t know which is worse. 

Kenya is a joke and who cares about her lame ass friendship with Latoya. It was nothing to begin with. Why would anyone want to be friends with Kenya or Latoya actually lol.

Porsha gives no fucks about Kenya lol and it cracks me up.

That Halloween party was so awkward and weird. I don’t know if I can even call it a party. That golf club stuff was crazy lol.

Poor Kandi. She just wanted to dress up and have some good food lol.

• Love 20

Fallyn running thru her kitchen was probably the highlight of the show. 
I am liking Drew but think pushing the son to meet up with “old daddy” was too much for tv. Plus think where the kids coming from. The idea must be scary for him.  
Enough Latoya! It looks like she’s on again next week. She sucks. 
Is designer clothing rental a thing? I’ve seen it done with handbags but not clothes.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Latoya is just grasping at anything... anything 

As they say on this show, Latoya is one thirsty bitch.  I think she has it in her head that if she causes enough drama she'll get a peach.  Little does she know that if she has no story line other than trying to cause fights with the other ladies she'll more than likely get the boot.  If nobody will film with you, you're out of there.  So far she's pissed off the majority of the cast.  Not a good game plan at all.  

Every time they show Drew's house I cringe.  I don't mind Drew, I just don't like her family scenes.  The less I see of her husband the better.  I felt bad for her son having to be put on the spot in front of the cameras.  How is his bio dad going to feel watching this?  It's going to make it awkward if or when he does meet with him.  This kind of thing is way too personal to be brought out in front of TV cameras.  I felt the same way when Kandi put Riley through this with her bio dad.  It doesn't help the relationship any so why do it?  

As for the Halloween thing (I'm not even going to call it a party), it was so lame considering the fact that it supposedly took someone 2 days to decorate for it.  I bet Porsha is damned glad she didn't sit in any makeup chair for hours like some of the others did.  And I bet the others were pissed off having to wash all of that makeup off.  

• Love 17
3 hours ago, swankie said:

As for the Halloween thing (I'm not even going to call it a party), it was so lame considering the fact that it supposedly took someone 2 days to decorate for it.  I bet Porsha is damned glad she didn't sit in any makeup chair for hours like some of the others did.  And I bet the others were pissed off having to wash all of that makeup off.  

What do we think Kandi spent on getting her makeup done? That was a waste of a "party," (a term used loosely), why did Fallyn have security there if it was just the HW's? Did she suspect LaToya was going to start something or was she planning something like a fake out fist fight, run to the garage and grab a golf club, have security hold her back, just to one up LaToya?

Is Marlo selling off her old clothes? Where was that store? What was that store?  What was in the swag bag she gave Kenya? 

Is it sad that this episode produced only one page of comments?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I must take mental notes on how not to host a party. Invite six people and call it a party. Sit around a kitchen table and bitch. Follow Kenya's lead and do not feed your guests. Make sure they stay hangry. They fight better and nastier that way. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

On behalf of the Trinidadian delegation, I would like to apologize for LaToya. She knows damn well she couldn't act like that in a Trini household, because she would have been cursed out and never invited back.  So why act like that in someone else's home. I would also like to thank our Canadian brothers and sisters for dealing with her for all of this time, and request that you kindly keep her.

Falynn just an FYI calling a Trinidadian,  Trini is not an insult. That's what we refer to ourselves as. Falynn should have kicked LaToya out the moment she became disrespectful. 

Kenya should know better than to appropriate other people's culture. No one should have to explain why her costume was disrespectful. 

Edited by spunky
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
On 3/20/2021 at 11:13 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 03.21.2021

I just can't even !!!   Enough with this cast . LaToya needs to go immediately.. This season is just not interesting at all. I keep saying this, the OG'S need their own reality show.  These new ladies just don't have the flavor !   

• Love 6

When Drew and Ralph were talking to the son - I was wanting Ralph to say something like "I won't be mad - I want you to know your real dad"  but he didn't say it and I think that because the kid knows Ralph is a little off and the kid was maybe scared/worried about how Ralph would react.  I'm not a fan of Ralph so maybe my eye is skewed a bit.

Faylln's make up was FIRE!!  her party not so much.  do we think that was security of bravo staff holding Latoya back?

And Kenya...... lord have mercy - but Porshe for the win  "are we still doing that"?  

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

LaToya just seems so exhausting. I'm glad she didn't make it as a housewife.

Same but I did think she had the best, most creative costume:  a dead mermaid who had swam into a rock. 

• LOL 4

You know damn well you don’t care about no germs, Super Spreader Cynthia! Her ex’s video warmed me right up tho. Can we exchange Ralph and Mike for Leon please? 

Kenya’s costume, ugh! 🤦🏽‍♀️

Kandi, Shamea, and Faylinn looked fabulous. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, spunky said:

Kenya should know better than to appropriate other people's culture. No one should have to explain why her costume was disrespectful. 

I'm wondering if she did in fact know better but didn't care - just wanted to stir something up.   If she truly thought that costume was okay, then she's got more problems than I thought, and that's a lot.  

The dumb argument between Kenya and LaToya almost seemed like some kind of lover's fight. Way too ridiculous to be between two co-workers.     I don't think they are lovers at all but Kenya would probably like us to think that.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

Kandi, Shamea, and Faylinn looked fabulous. 

I thought Drew looked good too.  

Kandi always brings it 100% - no wonder she has opportunities coming her way so often.   The least Fayllin could have done is feed the woman! 

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is Marlo selling off her old clothes? Where was that store? What was that store?  What was in the swag bag she gave Ken

She said it was "rental clothing."   Really?  Is there a call for rented used clothes during a pandemic? 

https://le-archive.com/

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm wondering if she did in fact know better but didn't care - just wanted to stir something up.   If she truly thought that costume was okay, then she's got more problems than I thought, and that's a lot.  

The dumb argument between Kenya and LaToya almost seemed like some kind of lover's fight. Way too ridiculous to be between two co-workers.     I don't think they are lovers at all but Kenya would probably like us to think that.  

I think Kenya may have a crush on LaToya. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

I thought Drew looked good too.  

Kandi always brings it 100% - no wonder she has opportunities coming her way so often.   The least Fayllin could have done is feed the woman! 

She said it was "rental clothing."   Really?  Is there a call for rented used clothes during a pandemic? 

Rent the Runway redux.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

That's because they are only co-workers when its convenient for Kenya. It's her "real life" whenever its convenient.

11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Rent the Runway redux

If you are someone who is on the gala circuit regularly, the ability to access evening gowns is everything. In a past life I had to attend client events like this several times a month and hated having to buy/own formal wear. For the guys its easy - own a tux and you're done. You can switch up ties/braces/cummerbunds/pocket squares for a pittance. As a woman, getting seen in the same dress month after month by your co-workers isn't cool. I would have loved to be able to rent a dress a couple of times a year. RTR has moved away from formal/party wear and is now more focused on dressing wealthy college students. While her timing may be suspect, eventually the party circuit will come back and this may work well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

If you are someone who is on the gala circuit regularly, the ability to access evening gowns is everything. In a past life I had to attend client events like this several times a month and hated having to buy/own formal wear. For the guys its easy - own a tux and you're done. You can switch up ties/braces/cummerbunds/pocket squares for a pittance. As a woman, getting seen in the same dress month after month by your co-workers isn't cool. I would have loved to be able to rent a dress a couple of times a year. RTR has moved away from formal/party wear and is now more focused on dressing wealthy college students. While her timing may be suspect, eventually the party circuit will come back and this may work well.

I have a closet full of cocktail dresses and gowns from past events, my daughter is a RTR devotee, she is tiny, like a 2 and it works well for her, I tend to need tailoring because the boobs never fit right so I have to purchase.

• Love 3

There is definitely a rental business but it usually stocks different sizes as well as different styles. 
Private people don’t rent their clothing out  - they use a consignment shop or outright sell it on one of the websites. A lot of the housewives have their stuff for sale. I don’t know how Carole Radziwill’s wardrobe compares to Marlo's but Carole sells a lot on Poshmark. I bet there are anonymous celebrities who do it as well. Jackie Kennedy Onassis bought a lot of stuff when she was married to Ari and then would sell it at a consignment shop and pocket the money. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I was surprised to see Faylinn’s husband holding her back. I thought he was sent away but that was a lie as he was obviously hiding in the golf closet. Why is that man constantly around? 

Faylinn, Latoya is best handled as you would a troll. Ignore and banish. Repeat. Letting her get to you like that is exactly the reaction she was desperately seeking from everyone and you gave it to her. There is something creepy about her old husband though and apparently Latoya hit a nerve. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I get that but I'm thinking that with the gala circuit canceled this past year and most likely for the better part of this year it doesn't make sense to open a low rent Rent the Runway.   Maybe it's different in Atlanta.   Seems like it going by this show. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Faylnn should have kicked LaToya out the moment she became disrespectful. 

Exactly. As soon as LaToya went on about "maids and staff," that's when Falynn should've shown her the door. If everyone else got their asses up to serve themselves, why couldn't she? LaToya is such a try-hard. Falynn should've been the one auditioning for full-time housewife instead of LaToya. Falynn not only has the funds, but she seems fun. Her Medusa costume was fire, but that was a lot of wasted effort just for sitting around and eating snacks.

I don't follow any of them on social media, but I hope that Kenya is getting dragged for her headdress costume. Girl, what were you thinking? $5 says she either mentions that she has "Native-American heritage," or something about "cancel culture."

While I'm not interested in seeing forced interactions between Marlo and Kenya, I do hate that Marlo's up Kenya's ass now.

Kenya also has a lot of nerve being mad at LaToya for playing runteldat when she's been doing the same shit for episodes about the bachelorette party.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I just kept thinking through Marlo's clothing rental store segment that maybe she binged on Parks and Rec during quarantine and decided to open her own Rent-A-Swag like Tom Haverford. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Bravo has released an apology for the last episode. 

“Bravo aims to have the highest standards of respect and inclusivity and we recognize that the recent episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, in which a cast member wears a Native American costume, did not uphold those values. We had hoped it would provide a teachable moment, however in retrospect it is clear that the network did not address this properly given the gravity of the situation. We apologize to both the Native American community and our audience as a whole.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

We had hoped it would provide a teachable moment

What were they hoping for, that Kenya would break the fourth wall while filming, address the camera directly, and explain why the costume wasn't a good idea?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

What were they hoping for, that Kenya would break the fourth wall while filming, address the camera directly, and explain why the costume wasn't a good idea?

I guess they thought Drew’s and Porsha’s negative talking heads would suffice.

That was such a dreary party.

LaToya seems to believe trouble making = peach holding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

...however in retrospect it is clear that the network did not address this properly given the gravity of the situation. 

The network didn't address it AT ALL outside of TWO comments by Drew and Porsha which were after the fact in the interviews.  I didn't watch WWHL but did Andy even address it?

• Love 7
On 3/21/2021 at 10:44 PM, Giuseppe said:

I like(d?) Fallyn, but that party was pretty lame. I know most of those ladies must have been pissed that they spent hours getting all that elaborate make-up on for a couple of jump scares and some cocktail wieners.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:32 AM, Marley said:

The whole Drew Ralph Josiahs bio dad thing makes me feel weird watching. First why on camera then 2nd seems like they’re pressuring him.

Marlo and Kenya’s friendship makes me not like Marlo. It’s so fake and stupid. What is Marlo trying to do.

I can’t believe Kenya’s costume.

Latoya is ridiculous. Like I don’t know what she’s even trying to do. If she’s trying to become some major housewife she’s failing. She’s so over the top and obvious with her rudeness. It’s embarrassing. Or maybe that’s how she really is. I don’t know which is worse. 

Kenya is a joke and who cares about her lame ass friendship with Latoya. It was nothing to begin with. Why would anyone want to be friends with Kenya or Latoya actually lol.

Porsha gives no fucks about Kenya lol and it cracks me up.

That Halloween party was so awkward and weird. I don’t know if I can even call it a party. That golf club stuff was crazy lol.

Poor Kandi. She just wanted to dress up and have some good food lol.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:49 AM, spunky said:

On behalf of the Trinidadian delegation, I would like to apologize for LaToya. She knows damn well she couldn't act like that in a Trini household, because she would have been cursed out and never invited back.  So why act like that in someone else's home. I would also like to thank our Canadian brothers and sisters for dealing with her for all of this time, and request that you kindly keep her.

Falynn just an FYI calling a Trinidadian,  Trini is not an insult. That's what we refer to ourselves as. Falynn should have kicked LaToya out the moment she became disrespectful. 

Falynn is a beautiful girl but I was disappointed in both her party and her letting LaToya goad her into fighting. It was obvious LaToya was threatened because Falynn is also new and has real wealth to back up her peach. LaToya can not even show case her adorable family since her marriage is in shambles.

I met many Trinidadian women in Miami who conducted themselves with a lot of dignity and class...so LaToya can just shut up with excusing her nastiness with an "I'm Trini" excuse.

However, despite having money that party was a total bust.

I remember when Shannon Beador did her house up with spectacular Christmas decorations and had an amazing party (making Heather D jealous) on Orange County.

I was expecting something similar from Falynn for Halloween. We did not even get to see her decorations properly and most of the ladies had killer costumes just to sit around and eat some sad looking snacks. 

I really have no idea why Falynn did not use this opportunity to have a lavish party. Maybe her friends and associates did not want to be on tv...which would make them smart.

Also, even though Falynn's look was killer, the costume did not flatter her backside. I am not saying that everyone has to have a big booty (that is unfair pressure) but it just did not look right from the rear.

Kenya will probably claim to be 1/10th Native American to excuse her offensive costume.

I like Drew but that was foul putting her son on TV with a conversation that should be had in private. She is trying to make Ralph look like an amazing stepfather but it is obvious that she just has bad taste in men and baby daddies. I feel sorry for her son.

LaToya was full of shit when she claimed that she only brought up Marc wanting alimony to defend Kenya. She brought it up out of the blue because she is a thirsty bitch who is dying for a peach.

Kenya is still mad that no one wanted to make out with her at the bachelorette party, even though she was single and ready to mingle. I do not even think that Kenya is gay or bi...she just can not understand why people are not attracted to her.

Edited: I just realized Falynn might not have had a party due to covid. I just forget these howives follow any type of social distancing restrictions.

Cynthia has nerve to be hand sanitizer after having a super spreader wedding, Her leotard just showcased how unflattering her wedding dress was from the side.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 10

This is such bullshit.  Kendra of the Whattahoe tribe prancing around in a clearly inappropriate outfit and Bravo makes a lame ass statement way after the fact?  Par for the course for the Native American community that has to ignore blantant racist actions.  How about Bravo make a big donation to the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW) organization to show how sorry they are?  

• Love 16

I just found out that LaToya was calling Falynn "Ching Chong" when Falynn was calling LaToya "Trini".  Falynn is part Thai.

So good job Bravo...you insulted Native Americans and people from both Trinidad and Thailand in one show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Falynn is a beautiful girl but I was disappointed in both her party and her letting LaToya goad her into fighting. It was obvious LaToya was threatened because Falynn is also new and has real wealth to back up her peach. LaToya can not even show case her adorable family since her marriage is in shambles.

I met many Trinidadian women in Miami who conducted themselves with a lot of dignity and class...so LaToya can just shut up with excusing her nastiness with an "I'm Trini" excuse.

However, despite having money that party was a total bust.

I remember when Shannon Beador did her house up with spectacular Christmas decorations and had an amazing party (making Heather D jealous) on Orange County.

I was expecting something similar from Falynn for Halloween. We did not even get to see her decorations properly and most of the ladies had killer costumes just to sit around and eat some sad looking snacks. 

I really have no idea why Falynn did not use this opportunity to have a lavish party. Maybe her friends and associates did not want to be on tv...which would make them smart.

Also, even though Falynn's look was killer, the costume did not flatter her backside. I am not saying that everyone has to have a big booty (that is unfair pressure) but it just did not look right from the rear.

Kenya will probably claim to be 1/10th Native American to excuse her offensive costume.

I like Drew but that was foul putting her son on TV with a conversation that should be had in private. She is trying to make Ralph look like an amazing stepfather but it is obvious that she just has bad taste in men and baby daddies. I feel sorry for her son.

LaToya was full of shit when she claimed that she only brought up Marc wanting alimony to defend Kenya. She brought it up out of the blue because she is a thirsty bitch who is dying for a peach.

Kenya is still mad that no one wanted to make out with her at the bachelorette party, even though she was single and ready to mingle. I do not even think that Kenya is gay or bi...she just can not understand why people are not attracted to her.

Edited: I just realized Falynn might not have had a party due to covid. I just forget these howives follow any type of social distancing restrictions.

Cynthia has nerve to be hand sanitizer after having a super spreader wedding, Her leotard just showcased how unflattering her wedding dress was from the side.

Latoya is an embarrassment. Her excusing her bad behavior on being Trini is disgusting.  I was so happy that we had some representation at the beginning of the season. We are taught to act with dignity and class by our parents and grandparents. I don't know what she was taught. 

I can't with Cynthia and her hand sanitizer. I don't usually agree with Wendy Williams,  but she was right to call Cynthia out. How does she know no one contracted Covid from her super spreader wedding.  I wish Bravo refused to show any footage.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Exactly.  But if they were really following restrictions, Falynn wouldn't have had a "party" at all.  At least Marlo's hayride thing was all outside.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

The network didn't address it AT ALL outside of TWO comments by Drew and Porsha which were after the fact in the interviews.  I didn't watch WWHL but did Andy even address it?

Andy asked Drew one question similar to the "what did you think" in the show. As with her talking head on the show, Drew was extremely gracious to Kenya, simply pointing out it was problematic without dragging her for filth - which would have been understandable. Drew clearly understands that nothing good comes from the after-the-show poke.

• Love 4

Bravo has released an apology for the last episode. 

“Bravo aims to have the highest standards of respect and inclusivity and we recognize that the recent episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, in which a cast member wears a Native American costume, did not uphold those values. We had hoped it would provide a teachable moment, however in retrospect it is clear that the network did not address this properly given the gravity of the situation. We apologize to both the Native American community and our audience as a whole.”

Bravo is apologizing because they aired a black woman wearing an Indian costume?  I notice there is no ‘why’ in the elaborate apology.  What  were they attempting to teach?  It’s a costume!  Unless Kenya personally did something heinous to a particular Indian and then dressed up as her in an effort to mock, this is not a bridge, but a causeway, too far for the entire network.  And even if Kenya had intentions to provoke a particular Indian person, this is reality TV—a reality TV station is apologizing for airing reality??

They’re going to have to go backward in time and cancel every single person if this is the new standard.  If they continue to bend to the woke police, literally everyone is going to get cancelled.  Last season, one of Marlo’s staff members mispronounced “haute couture.”  Why didn’t Bravo make a blanket apology for that insult to the French-speaking people, language and “community”?  Why is it ok to potentially offend Quebecers, a group who has been historically “marginalized”?  There’s something “offensive” that can be read into the term “domestic cat,” which is what Porsha called herself.  It sounds a hair too close to domestic servant.  I can read offense into literally everything—there is something “problematic” about a mermaid costume, which is the head of a woman and the tail of a fish.  If the Indian headdress is offensive, then the mermaid costume, which one can argue, objectifies and fetishizes women as sex objects, is also offensive.  I have no idea where this is headed and I shiver for the culture. 

I am half-considering resuming watching this show just so that I can quit it again.  What “values” does Bravo uphold, as they alluded to in their “apology”????  That is the billion dollar question.  The million dollar question is, what is the “gravity of the situation”?  Who encompasses the Native American “community” and how did this hurt a community, not in a tenuous way, but in a way that encompassed “gravity”?  Bravo has zero idea what it’s saying.  These are the musings of a mad man, excuse me, mad person, excuse me, these are the musings of a human person who may experience mental health difficulties.  This “apology” gives bullshit a bad name, and I wonder what, if any, connections the people who are responsible for it have with “the” (as if there is only one) Native American Community.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Bravo is apologizing because they aired a black woman wearing an Indian costume?  I notice there is no ‘why’ in the elaborate apology.  What  were they attempting to teach?  It’s a costume!  Unless Kenya personally did something heinous to a particular Indian and then dressed up as her in an effort to mock, this is not a bridge, but a causeway, too far for the entire network.  And even if Kenya had intentions to provoke a particular Indian person, this is reality TV—a reality TV station is apologizing for airing reality??

They’re going to have to go backward in time and cancel every single person if this is the new standard.  If they continue to bend to the woke police, literally everyone is going to get cancelled.  Last season, one of Marlo’s staff members mispronounced “haute couture.”  Why didn’t Bravo make a blanket apology for that insult to the French-speaking people, language and “community”?  Why is it ok to potentially offend Quebecers, a group who has been historically “marginalized”?  There’s something “offensive” that can be read into the term “domestic cat,” which is what Porsha called herself.  It sounds a hair too close to domestic servant.  I can read offense into literally everything—there is something “problematic” about a mermaid costume, which is the head of a woman and the tail of a fish.  If the Indian headdress is offensive, then the mermaid costume, which one can argue, objectifies and fetishizes women as sex objects, is also offensive.  I have no idea where this is headed and I shiver for the culture. 

I am half-considering resuming watching this show just so that I can quit it again.  What “values” does Bravo uphold, as they alluded to in their “apology”????  That is the billion dollar question.  The million dollar question is, what is the “gravity of the situation”?  Who encompasses the Native American “community” and how did this hurt a community, not in a tenuous way, but in a way that encompassed “gravity”?  Bravo has zero idea what it’s saying.  These are the musings of a mad man, excuse me, mad person, excuse me, these are the musings of a human person who may experience mental health difficulties.  This “apology” gives bullshit a bad name, and I wonder what, if any, connections the people who are responsible for it have with “the” (as if there is only one) Native American Community.  

I could see how the outfit would be problematic. It's not a new issue and Kenya can't issue herself a pass.

Bravo's claim to respect and high standards is BS. Wasn't it an episode or two ago when Marlo was doing bare breasted laps? This was after claiming she joined a hashtag in response to her nephews' questions about what she was doing.  

• Love 2

So Native Americans are supposed to ignore blatant racist stereotypes to not perpetrate cancel culture?  So basically we are to believe it is ok to wear whatever you want as it does not "actually harm" anyone?   We exist and are a proud nation and don't deserve to be debased with these scantily clad costumes with fake headdresses that blatantly mocks my culture.  Don't compare a nation to an imaginary creature of a mermaid.  The headdress was reserved for leaders and each eagle feather is considered as sacred and earned with honor.  Have a little respect.

• Love 24

Kendra, who wears culturally inappropriate, finds a bestie, on the show, who is even more garbage than her.  Andy was on the View today and said they are filming the reunion this week.  He talked about the bachelorette party, and of course approved of all the make outs.  I doubt he will side with Kendra on the slut shaming after the party.  Hopefully he will address her Halloween costume also.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mytmo said:

So Native Americans are supposed to ignore blatant racist stereotypes to not perpetrate cancel culture?  So basically we are to believe it is ok to wear whatever you want as it does not "actually harm" anyone?   We exist and are a proud nation and don't deserve to be debased with these scantily clad costumes with fake headdresses that blatantly mocks my culture.  Don't compare a nation to an imaginary creature of a mermaid.  The headdress was reserved for leaders and each eagle feather is considered as sacred and earned with honor.  Have a little respect.

I think @LibertarianSlut has a lot of respect for others and totally respects opinions that differ from hers. She is also not afraid to state her own opinion, which is very risky today unless you have the “right” opinion. I think she was making a broader point that being offended will always be a moving marker. The new editor of Teen Vogue was fired because employees complained about comments she made on Twitter when she was 17 - like we we all came out of the womb fully woke and informed. Turns out, the employee who led the charge to get her fired has her own history of tweets using the n-word when she was a teenager. But I haven’t heard that she was fired, but her social media was shut down (This was a non sequitor but not totally unrelated (I’ve been drinking instead of taking pain meds...))

We are supposedly in a country where freedom of speech is one of the most important and valued rights (sunshine is the best disinfectant). Anyone who very eloquently shares her viewpoints in these forums has my respect. 
Whether you agree or disagree (many times I do, sometimes I differ) @LibertarianSlut always puts her rationale behind her viewpoints. (I try to, but I’m not as brave).

Today is it really risky to have an opinion that differs from the self “enlightened” opinion of the morally superior. Suppressing experiences and opinions of others because you are “morally superior” is not a win. That is easy. Changing hearts and minds is a long, hard process that comes from listening, accepting and learning from others. 

Diversity of opinion and thought is incredibly important and is what sustains a democracy. I am just generally concerned about democracy and freedom of speech in general. Suppressing speech in a country founded on freedom of speech is disturbing (like many in the military - I don’t agree with what you say, including calling the military all kinds of names - I will defend your right to say what you want to say’.)

I did find Kenya’s costume inappropriate and she should have known better in these heightened times. Also, her costume was just way too tight way and too small. The latter was, to me, more egregious, the former was tone deaf, the later was just not pleasant to see.

I think this is part of a larger challenge we are having as a society. Dressing up in costume is dangerous these days, because anyone can take offense to anything, which I think was the point of  @LibertarianSlut comments.

I am 56, white and grew up in Albuquerque, NM, which has been incredibly ethnically diverse for over 100 years (Hispanic, white, Native American) My brothers, our neighbors and myself played cowboys and Indians - it didn’t matter who was who, you just wanted to be “shot” so you could do your death scene. (And we weren’t all white).

Back in the in olden days, you could dress up as someone different from you for Halloween (I’m not referencing blackface) because you really like the person or the culture, you were in awe of the person/culture you were portraying or trying to represent. My parents really sucked when it came to Halloween costumes. I was the youngest of 4, so my options were cracked plastic masks and/or a sheet to make me a ghost; I never got to be the princess I wanted to be, but I went as a hobo for several years because of limited/no options with cracked masks, 2 older brothers and a very tomboy sister.
Now I would be accused for being racist or cultural appropriation. Now, being a hobo in unacceptable. Wouldn’t matter how much I helped homeless shelters, when I was 10 I went to neighbors houses to get candy on Halloween, therefore, I am an awful human being.

Where does it end? That to me is the question. I will not dismiss many things that today we know are offensive and may have be problematic for years and we were unaware.

• Love 9
On 3/22/2021 at 7:59 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

What do we think Kandi spent on getting her makeup done? That was a waste of a "party," (a term used loosely), why did Fallyn have security there if it was just the HW's? Did she suspect LaToya was going to start something or was she planning something like a fake out fist fight, run to the garage and grab a golf club, have security hold her back, just to one up LaToya?

Is Marlo selling off her old clothes? Where was that store? What was that store?  What was in the swag bag she gave Kenya? 

Is it sad that this episode produced only one page of comments?

Yes it is very sad, but the just shows this season is boring and one one is interested .I would rather comment on Married to Medicine. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

They’re going to have to go backward in time and cancel every single person if this is the new standard.

Wearing Native American costumes for Halloween is not a new standard.  It's been widely recognized as offensive for a long time.  At least as long as sports teams mascots named after Native Americans were recognized as offensive.   When we know better, we do better.   Or at least that's the hope. Education is how a diverse society evolves.  I'm so over Kenya and her ridiculous attempts to stir shit to stay relevant.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 12