Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

The husbands take the stage and Justin reveals shocking details about leaving the Mormon church, Robert addresses Jen and her husband, Sharrieff, and Whitney shares an update on her dad’s sobriety. Emotions come to a head when Jen opens up about cultural insensitivities within the group, leaving the women startled and confused with Jen even more hurt than before.

Airdate: 02.24.2021

I know this has been said, but Jen Shah's look for the reunion shows is just awful and the shiny eyebrows are distracting.  She would look so much better if she took her looks down several (hundred) notches - clothes AND makeup.  The phrase that comes to mind is "no-neck monster" (from Cat On A Hot Tin Roof).

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 22

Jen didn't own much thought this reunion, did she?  She was despicable tonight and I was glad Heather did not fold under what Jen clearly regarded as playing her ace card when confronted with her own bad behavior.  

• Love 24

Yeah Jen's just an ass.  I was glad they talked back to her, but they can all get on out of here with that wise nodding along they did when she returned from her tantrum.  I don't follow anyone on SM - did she really make fun of Heather on there that much?  And saying "she wants to be an actress" had me LOLing - I guess that's the secret reason they're all there though.  

In other news - if "to know Brooks Marks is to love Brooks Marks" then it's for sure that I don't know him at all 😈. I loved how at the end they all said what they learned about themselves, and then Meredith announced that she was great with herself but had learned bad things about all of them 😄 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5

Meredith needs to go. Can someone please explain to me what she even brings to the show? She was useless at the reunion. She offered nothing, she didn’t “engage”, and she’s a shit friend to Lisa.

As mentioned above, labeling a POC as aggressive is dangerous but Jen’s message does get lost because she her emotions and her behaviors are over the top. She does need therapy, BUT, Heather lost me  big time with her condescension. “I don’t need to be educated, Babe” the very privileged (and popular) white woman says, while sitting back and smirking. Fuck you, Heather. Heather was feeling herself way too much and newsflash- not everything is about you and your “pain”.  Lisa can get upset over her close friend’s separation and not have emotion over an acquaintance divorce- that happened before she even knew her.

Heather needs real therapy, not “Rhianna therapy”. She projects left and right.

Heather and Meredith lost me, completely. Meredith needs to go, Heather can stay and get a shit edit. Lisa and Whitney can stay. Jen can stay but I hope she’s in therapy. Mary- No. Just...No.

If they bring someone else on, I hope it’s a stronger POC from Utah who can better challenge this crew.

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Lisa can get upset over her close friend’s separation and not have emotion over an acquaintance divorce- that happened before she even knew her.

I think its more the fact she was dismissive of it totally .. LIKE its not a big deal .. people get divorced every day, move on no one cares blah blah blah .. then starts the whole crying they should stay married, divorce is horrible thing... Like if its a horrible thing for your friend have some fucking compassion for someone else that went through a divorce herself whose religion was so embedded in her she is still having issues with it .. don't just dismiss her.. Lisa honestly acts like Heather is so far below her that her feelings don't matter.....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Applause 1
  • Love 20
22 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think its more the fact she was dismissive of it totally .. LIKE its not a big deal .. people get divorced every day, move on no one cares blah blah blah .. then starts the whole crying they should stay married, divorce is horrible thing... Like if its a horrible thing for your friend have some fucking compassion for someone else that went through a divorce herself whose religion was so embedded in her she is still having issues with it .. don't just dismiss her.. Lisa honestly acts like Heather is so far below her that her feelings don't matter.....

I agree, but I will say Heather bugged me big time tonight because when her and Lisa were talking about divorce she wouldn't shut up and just kept repeating herself over and over and Lisa wasn't getting a chance to say anything.  And I'm saying this as a person that doesn't like Lisa, but I do want to see if she can explain herself.  

There was so much "behind the scenes" footage (enough to make this 2 parter a 3 parter) from the reunion that aired, that I'm worried we are going to get that from all reunions from now on.  Once something happens on one, they continue into the others.  The walk-offs/ I just need a minute, someone falling asleep while another is talking, the going to seek comfort from husbands, the text messages printed out, etc.  It's starting to get predictable.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

BUT, Heather lost me  big time with her condescension. “I don’t need to be educated, Babe”

We can all be better educated EVERY ONE of us ... however I don't think going online and calling your "friend" names making fun of where she gets her clothes and saying the only thing she would be cast in is Shrek is educating anyone (and that was the topic they were discussing) ..

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 19

Jen can dish it out but she can't take it.  When she ran off to be consoled by Coach Shah it was another excuse to act the victim.  I wish he had said to her that she should quit the show since it is obviously too hard on her.  We know she would never do that.  She wants the attention.  But I would love it to be suggested to her.

Seth couldn't talk about his son without using his full name.  It sounded silly.  Of course it was to get the boy's brand name out there.  But what father talks about their son using their full name like that?  It is as silly as Jen calling her husband Coach Shah all the time.  

Meredith is a waste of space on this show.  She wants to disengage all the time.  She could not even think of one thing she has learned about herself and should improve on.  It was all about everyone else and their faults.  I still believe she was only on this show to get Brooks Marks in front of the camera.  We all know that was a giant fail. 

I want to know if Whitney's dad is punishing her because she would not give him the money to buy his own salon.  

Lisa and Heather were both so busy shouting at each other that neither listened.  The reunion made them both look worse than the show did. 

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

We can all be better educated EVERY ONE of us ... however I don't think going online and calling your "friend" names making fun of where she gets her clothes and saying the only thing she would be cast in is Shrek is educating anyone (and that was the topic they were discussing) .. she attacked all the ladies and lied and said she didn't ... ... Jen deflected from her shitty online behavior .. Jen always has a scapegoat when confronted she doesn't want to take responsibility for her actions so she changes the subject and lashes out ... Jen does classic mean girl behavior it has nothing to do with the color of her skin and everything to do with her belief that she can be rude and nasty and shouldn't be held accountable.. she screams about loyalty but attacks her friends and gets mad when they have a negative reaction to it like its their fault then played the race card .....

I’m not defending Jen, her behavior is problematic both on and off camera. However, watching a very privileged white woman sit back and smugly saying that she “doesn’t need to be educated, babe” to a woman of color, was unsettling to watch. Whitney, at least, said she’s trying to learn. Heather, in that moment, represented a lot of what is wrong in today’s society. Jen has a host of issues and brought a lot of what she got onto herself, but Heather was gross in that moment. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I’m not defending Jen, her behavior is problematic both on and off camera. However, watching a very privileged white woman sit back and smugly saying that she “doesn’t need to be educated, babe” to a woman of color, was unsettling to watch.

100% ...

I feel Jen shot herself in the foot tho because she wasn't trying to "Educate" she was deflecting from her own bad behavior. She had valid points but was applying them to things it had NOTHING to do with ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
33 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I’m not defending Jen, her behavior is problematic both on and off camera. However, watching a very privileged white woman sit back and smugly saying that she “doesn’t need to be educated, babe” to a woman of color, was unsettling to watch. Whitney, at least, said she’s trying to learn. Heather, in that moment, represented a lot of what is wrong in today’s society. Jen has a host of issues and brought a lot of what she got onto herself, but Heather was gross in that moment. 

Maybe I miss heard it. But I thought she said “ I don’t need YOU to educate me, babe”. Or something like that implying that she was not interested in hearing anything Jenn had to say. Not that she did not want to educated at all. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Maybe I miss heard it. But I thought she said “ I don’t need YOU to educate me, babe”. Or something like that implying that she was not interested in hearing anything Jenn had to say. Not that she did not want to educated at all. 

That's what I heard too.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Maybe it was the lighting, but Mary’s eyeshadow looked different on each eye in that last shot with the meatball.  Still not buying that she doesn’t dip into the tithes.

Me either. And also pretty convinced she was on something during this reunion. Her answers were coherent, but in each case where she engaged she took so long to do so and seemed almost catatonic the rest of the time. Not just when she fell asleep. I did think her interactions with her husband made it clear that she's certainly not dominated by him. If anything I thought she seemed to be the one in charge of their relationship. 

And regarding that marriage? That is a puzzler. Some of her comments last week were pretty brutal about marriage. Can't remember the words she used, but they were blunt and sharp. And when talking with Robert? Seemed to be some tensions there for sure. I'd guess that they're not able to (or feel like they can't) get divorced because of their church. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

This reunion just absolutely sucked.  The dresses looked like Prom Wardrobe on the set of Napoleon Dynamite, just hideous!!  The discussions went nowhere.  Jen and her anger issues, Heather and Lisa screaming at each other, Mary is just as creepy as her husband.   Lisa and Meredith both seem so far removed and appear as they're so much better than any of the other cast members -they have absolute zero interest in anyone else's pain or lives~selectively disengaged.   Just mention of Brooks Marks makes my stomach turn-what a pretentious punk!!  IMO, the only one that actually offered anything of value or had any productive dialogue was Whitney and her husband, Justin.  I didn't love Whitney's dress, but I did like it......however, the breast issue ~ they were NOT just geographically relocated, at least not without adding how many CCs of saline?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I came out of retirement from boycotting the season after a bout with insomnia during which I watched the last quarter of the season and I come up with really unpopular, but strongly held, opinions.  

Fact:  Jen and Whitney gossiped in a salacious way about Meredith’s marriage.  I have no idea why Jen was the only one on the hook for that, except for one throwaway line from Whitney that Whitney talked crap about Meredith because she was just getting to know her.  Oh, that’s how you get to know people, by pulling your cousin aside and telling her you have to update her on the infidelity that a “new friend” is allegedly committing?  

Jen has just been apologizing over and over, unequivocally, and no one on left couch (or Andy) wants to give her an inch, and I don’t respect that.  I’m not talking about race.  That was a cop-out.  But maybe she went there because no one was listening to anything else she had to say.  

I can’t fucking stand Heather.  She is such a try-hard cringeworthy bitch who is so happy to be sitting next to Andy that she will say anything to stay in his good graces.  I am appalled at how she just kept talking over Lisa time and time again.  What was that?  To me, that’s a sign of the end of civilization when only one person is allowed to speak and the other gets silenced.  Lisa seemed to be awake for the first time this season at the reunion, she was making sense, and Heather couldn’t handle that.  Lisa at least got to be heard on that one point at least.  

I think Heather is really smelling herself.  Is she a Mormon or is she not a Mormon?  She can’t even get that straight.  She is vacuous.  Since she is sitting next to Andy, she wants her children to get wasted and have multiple partners.  If some “over six foot tall” perfect Mormon guy came into her life and wanted to help her raise her kids and keep her in tacky Chanel, the trick would change her tune in an instant.  I hate people like that.  Stand for something.  

Meredith was checked out to an obnoxious level.  It’s like she prides herself on not paying attention, as if this reality show TV thing is something that was imparted on her without her consent, and she is just there by dint of fate.  I don’t need her or her raggedy/perpetually hung over husband or her shitty kid back on my screen.  

Whitney was a nonentity.  Got to slide by with everything under the sun, which is all fine and good at a reunion show.  She fell under the protection of her don, Heather.  I find her husband quite porcine and unattractive in the face.  I’ll say it for the third and last time that it’s utter bullshit that Whitney got to skate on the gossip about Meredith’s marriage.  It’s so unfair.  

Jen acted like a complete ass the whole season, yes, but does that make her responsible for everyone else’s sins, every single thing that went bad or wrong this season and everyone else gets to be Pontius Pilate and wash their hands?  I came out swinging against Jen well before that was a popular opinion, and I still think this pile-up is bullshit.  

I loved Mary’s eye makeup.  I had my makeup done exactly like that at MAC one time, and I got a lot of positive attention for it on social media.  I liked her wig, and think that color is flattering on her.  I think she’s a very attractive woman.  But I don’t think she should come back, because she is not articulate.  At the beginning of the season, I said her “mumble-stutter is maddening” and I stand by that.  I also think she’s a very troubled woman, but there is still something I like about her.  She thinks outside of the box.  This is going to sound odd, but seeing Robert Sr’s teeth, in HD, made me more horrified than the fact that he is her step-grandpa.  

Lisa was alive and finally speaking about her church and opening up and making points, and she reconfirmed herself as my favorite.  Not that I am dancing in the streets about any of them.  Lisa was a good friend to Meredith—a very good friend—and I think Meredith gave her the cold shoulder at the reunion, and that was highly disappointing.  

I know mileage varies, and that’s ok, but, to me, Heather is the clear villain of this franchise, and I think that will become more apparent next season.  I don’t think Heather is inherently mean or spiteful, but I think there is something about her divorce that permanently shook her confidence and now she is a toxic people-pleaser, stealth mean girl (because she’s hurting, jealous and insecure, not because she’s evil) and confused and confusing about her identity.  Her true colors will show next season, either as she fights to the death to retain her place next to Andy, or when she gets a man to wife her up, and then I think she will snap back to holier than thou so fast it’ll make our heads spin.  If Heather is so “good” and “secure” (based off of one DM from Rihanna—that sounds self-sustaining 🙄), why is she so threatened by everyone, especially Lisa?  I think Heather is jealous of Lisa, because of Lisa’s looks and figure, Lisa’s (oft-misplaced) confidence, and Lisa’s intact family, and as boring as they are, they actually seem happy, and how dare someone be happy when Heather is over here still bleeding over the Mormon church and a marriage that ended how many years ago now?  She was seething that she was the only one on that stage without a husband, like it was a slight committed against her instead of a circumstance in her life in this moment. 

I liked that the husbands who couldn’t be there in the flesh had to show up on zoom, and I just wonder why they don’t require that on all reunions, especially RH of Potomac (which I also quit, so moot point).  I think that Coach Shah speaks a really good game and really knows how to make a case for himself, but I am completely convinced that he is not the person underneath that he was pretending to be at the reunion.  Mark my words—and I know the only way I can be proven right is with time—he is not this person behind closed doors, this earnest person who says, “man” and “baby” and “I’m gonna pray on it” and “God willing brother” a mile a minute.  I think he knows exactly what he has to stay to remain in good public favor, and I think that in private he is aloof, detached, possibly single-minded about his career, and I think he very subtly gaslights Jen.  I’m not saying he’s responsible for her crazy, but he is not the choir boy he tried to portray.  I’ve seen this persona a thousand times.  Doesn’t mean I don’t like him.  Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want to hang with him.  I just think he is playing chess.  

This is probably moot for me, as they said season two is coming soon, and I have no intentions to watch, but I think they should cut Meredith and Mary, keep Heather, Lisa and Jen (if only so that Lisa can finally get her point across about Heather without being cut off over and over) and Whitney is on the bubble.  One part of me says to keep her, again, just so she would have to be accountable for her behavior, but another part of me thinks she is utterly dull and can go the way of Meredith.  

Conclusion:  Team right couch all the way and they’re all kinda gross.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Jen has just been apologizing over and over, unequivocally, and no one on left couch (or Andy) wants to give her an inch, and I don’t respect that.  I’m not talking about race.  That was a cop-out.  But maybe she went there because no one was listening to anything else she had to say. 

Ummm Jen expects people to accept her apology without question but doesn't extend the same to ANYONE? ... RE Whitney or Heather .. I am just pointing out that she says she "forgives" then brings it right back up like they never apologized  ....You cant forgive someone who then goes on to attack you online .... she has come for everyone of these girls online then lied about it ...

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Chalby said:

Jennifer is a professional bully/victim. The minute she doesnt like where a topic is going, or if she has to answer for bad behaviour, she suddenly becomes a "victim" who has endured disloyalty and racism. What a crock! Her behaviour is typical of those with narcissistic personality disorder. Everytime she gets ranting about how she was done wrong, I fast forward.

And bullies typically collapse with having anything remotely to the same done to them.  Jen running off stage for Coach to comfort her was so characteristic of a bully having a taste of her own medicine.  So ‘misunderstood’......  not.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

BUT, Heather lost me  big time with her condescension. “I don’t need to be educated, Babe”

4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:
4 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

That's what I heard too.

I believe I also heard her say "I don't need you to educate me, babe."  Nor do I blame her for saying that under the circumstances. 

8 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

If they bring someone else on, I hope it’s a stronger POC from Utah who can better challenge this crew.

Why do you feel they need to be challenged? None of the issues of conflict shown seem to have been race/color/ethnicity driven. Just normal "Real Housewives of" squabbling.  Jen's attempt to deflect by bringing her ethnicity/race/color into it  doesn't make it so.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Why do you feel they need to be challenged? None of the issues of conflict shown seem to have been race/color/ethnicity driven. Just normal "Real Housewives of" squabbling.  Jen's attempt to deflect by bringing her ethnicity/race/color into it  doesn't make it so.  

Race was not the issue that these ladies had within this group dynamic 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I swear I watched all three of the reunion specials, well maybe not to closely, but I still don't know why Lisa was so pissed off. Also Andy said on WWHL that the issue of Lisa's overly "tanned" look especially her hands was going to be addressed. Was this ever brought up?  She looks like she wallowed in a vat of self tanning lotion. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I swear I watched all three of the reunion specials, well maybe not to closely, but I still don't know why Lisa was so pissed off.

I can't say what actually motivated her, but if I were to venture a guess I would think that after seen the way she was portrayed on screen (the way I saw it) as being rather silly, full of self-importance, and not yet having progressed beyond the high school mean girl stage might possibly have had something to do with it.  My reaction to the way she came across was the polar opposite of "I love that".

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I can't say what actually motivated her, but if I were to venture a guess I would think that after seen the way she was portrayed on screen (the way I saw it) as being rather silly, full of self-importance, and not yet having progressed beyond the high school mean girl stage might possibly have had something to do with it.  My reaction to the way she came across was the polar opposite of "I love that".

I think you have pinpointed the situation.

• Love 3

I found this franchise to be less than what I need in a franchise and doubt I will be back.  I started off thinking I was really going to dig Heather and by the end of the season, I hated her.  What a bitch.  Ugh, the whole fame-whore thing kicked in from all the SM love, and it went to her fat head.  Fuck her, moving on.

I thought I would hate Lisa the most and wound up liking her better than anyone else (which isn't saying anything) but it took the reunion for her to show some real heart.  I especially liked it that she stood up to fake Mary Martha, although she got insulted for the effort.  

Meredith is like a beached whale, what good is she just sitting there not wanting to divulge her life?  Even her "best friend" Lisa didn't know that she had messed around in her marriage.  Go back to the shadows, Meredith, your son will have to make his fortune without your motherly help.

I didn't hate Jen as much as many...she's a mess, and way too emotional, but I guess I'm used to that on these HW franchises.  Mostly, I love Coach Shaw and he really loves her, so she can't be all bad.  

I found Whitney pretty irrelevant.  Her dad bothered me and I don't care about his plight.  Sorry, but I don't.  

Which leads me to Mary Martha.  I knew I would hate her and I did and do and will.  She needs mental help more than a pulpit, in my opinion.  What a loon.  And her old man gives me the heebie-jeebies.

None of these women's life-styles intrigued me, none of their homes, none of their clothes...nothing really.  Except for Coach Shaw, I didn't really like anyone, so adios Salt Lake City, it was real and it was fun, but it wasn't real fun 😉

• Love 8
13 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I want to know if Whitney's dad is punishing her because she would not give him the money to buy his own salon.  

I don't know him personally but I do know addicts - the answer to your question is YES.

11 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I think Heather and Jen were friends before this show; I think Heather was actually jealous that Jen was trying to "trade up" to the thin languid women, and probably she was right.  That's to say that I think Heather was pissed off and talking to Jen like one would talk to a former friend, and "privileged white woman" and "woman of color" had nothing to do with it until Jen brought that up.  None of their issues this season had anything to do with race (with the possible exception of the whole Jen/Mary/7-11 bit); Jen WAS aggressive, nasty and inappropriate towards just about everyone, and IMO she was gross for turning people's disgust with her horrible, disgusting behavior into a racial issue.  

8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Fact:  Jen, Whitney and Heather gossiped in a salacious way about Meredith’s marriage.  I have no idea why Jen was the only one on the hook for that, except for one throwaway line from Whitney that Whitney talked crap about Meredith because she was just getting to know her.  Oh, that’s how you get to know people, by pulling your cousin aside and telling her you have to update her on the infidelity that a “new friend” is allegedly committing?  

Color me shocked to find myself sticking up for Meredith, but she did say that she had received apologies (off camera) from both Whitney and Heather, but not one from Jen.  So that's why.  I agree with every word you said about Heather.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I found this franchise to be less than what I need in a franchise and doubt I will be back.

But then you would miss comedy gold like Mary tasting the fake snow and proclaiming, "I don't think that's snow.", only to follow by tasting it again...all while sitting inside a studio. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, ichbin said:

But then you would miss comedy gold like Mary tasting the fake snow and proclaiming, "I don't think that's snow.", only to follow by tasting it again...all while sitting inside a studio. 

Haha, I missed that.  You may be right, I should just look at her like the clown she is instead of this "prophet" (profit) she pretends to be.  

• Love 5

The religion/Mormon angle on this franchise adds such a different layer than any other RH shows. It's authentic and I like it. 

Mary married her step grandfather as an occupation, she stepped up to the opportunity it held. I don't hate her.  Her husband's eyebrows were more disturbing to me than their relationship.

Jenshah (one word) needs to consult The Preppy Handbook's advice for accessorizing which goes roughly like this: put on a minimal amount of jewelry then take one thing off.  Shit is she extra extra! 

Brooksmarks (also one word) needs to move out of Utah and away from his mom as a small fish in a bigger pond, I wish him happiness I think his clinginess to mom and home maybe some anxiety or depression and insecurity I want him to be happy! 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, ichbin said:

That was hilarious!!!  Not only did she question whether it was snow or not, but she tasted it again!!

Often, fake snow is actually potato flakes, or soap!  I'm sure it tasted awful. 

Well, she had just woken up from a nap, soooooo.....

Edited by Starlight925
  • LOL 8
On 2/25/2021 at 2:29 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Whitney was a nonentity.  Got to slide by with everything under the sun, which is all fine and good at a reunion show.  She fell under the protection of her don, Heather.  I find her husband quite porcine and unattractive in the face.  I’ll say it for the third and last time that it’s utter bullshit that Whitney got to skate on the gossip about Meredith’s marriage.  It’s so unfair.  

She sounds so stilted and rehearsed in everything she says, it is off-putting.

Her husband DOES look pig-like.  I wonder what first attracted Whitney to him?  🤔

• Love 5

Mary is reality gold...and I did love how she handled Jen during the season especially at the Met dinner.  She was willing to call Jen's bluff and take it outside.  Miss Jenn backed down.l quickly.

And I loved how Meredith disengaging got Jen angry lol

I think Meredith should be a moderator instead of Andy

3 hours ago, ichbin said:

I was dying laughing!!!

56 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I had to watch this 6 times!

Wow, Meredith is gorgeous, & he's cute too...

image.png.9a5f7d5e8383301f70c15fc6bb985447.png

Saw this on another site:
image.png.e67b03f7bb7d32f1d794b242450b0337.png

Edited by IslandGirl
The usual...
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7