Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

Aren't these assholes being forced to move to Houston anymore?  When did that rule get waived?

Dr. Now asked him if he needed to move, so, he could stick to the program. Issac said he wouldn't, because of his mom.

• Love 2

"Nervous",  is the same as "I worked so hard", meaning rotten outcome on this show.   Month 1-661, Month 5-620, and Month 8-611.    

Isaac has five younger siblings, I bet the kids are nieces, and nephews.    

The whole family need Dr. Now's diet, and to eat better.  Those little kids are doomed to look like their parents, and Isaac someday. 

I bet they only filmed post Covid lock down stuff in Texas.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Liked that he poured Mrs. Butterworth’s on the pancakes and that he didn’t know pancakes and syrup weren’t on Dr Now’s diet. Reminds me of Sean, whose loving mother also killed him. The father doesn’t speak but a few words of English. This guy is never going to lose weight or get surgery. This season seems to be filled with busted episodes that would have been dumped in earlier seasons.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think i posted the amtrak info at the same time you asked this.  It is about $75 each way.  Not sure that he could go and return the same day, though

this episode is annoying me.  And it is already nearly 9:30

These people all need to be seeing the doctor and therapist like when Dr Proctor treats whole families.  too bad there is no one in the DFW area that would do that.

Also if he can't get anyone to drive him to Houston, how the hell does he think he can get anyone to stay with him after the surgery, not that he will be getting surgery anytime soon unless something drastic and miraculous happens in the next 20 minutes.

I am so over this

There is no train between Dallas and Houston that I know of. 

Just now, ClareWalks said:

WTF is this kid doing?! Also he has major codependency with his family. As a mom myself, the fact that his mom has allowed him to throw his life away with both hands pisses me off. I would NEVER let my child throw away a college scholarship if I got sick. And I don't have several other kids as "backups."

AMEN!!   

• Love 2
Just now, ClareWalks said:

WTF is this kid doing?! Also he has major codependency with his family. As a mom myself, the fact that his mom has allowed him to throw his life away with both hands pisses me off. I would NEVER let my child throw away a college scholarship if I got sick. And I don't have several other kids as "backups."

Yea if him being in a coma didn’t scare him enough to change than nothing will.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Concerned said:This guy is never going to lose weight or get surgery. This season seems to be filled with busted episodes that would have been dumped in earlier seasons.

They really should have scrapped the show rather than airing these pathetic episodes. Put us all out of our misery. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Your mom having cancer doesn't mean you can't eat better.

Why doesn't the mom tell him to stop putting the focus on her and to do the work he needs to do for himself? Because she likes the attention, not having to do anything around the house, and doesn't think his being the size of 3 people is that big a deal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Google it. Ebay has earrings, magnets, picture frames

You guys. This mug is on Etsy. And it's soon gonna be IN MY HOUSE.

1925801020_ScreenShot2021-02-17at9_24_14PM.png.5ae95a6335653a29338ed7b450bcbc25.png

1185523499_ScreenShot2021-02-17at9_24_04PM.png.17fb2b2594f9d0a15a0bd66bc4a7609a.png

6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Kinda like how my ex's "my phone isn't working" was code for "I'm a deadbeat who didn't pay the bill." See also: "I decided to get rid of cable."

"My boyfriend lives in Canada"

• LOL 8

Okay, Pounders, what did we do to deserve this lackluster, bitch-ass season?!?!

I had such high hopes at the return (even though y'all forgot me early on and didn't let me know it was back on---yeah, I don't hold a grudge 😒), but we are rewarded with this bs.

Has anyone been successful?

We are talking about TRANSPORTATION... just thought I would point that out.

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Okay...FULL DISCLOSURE:  I faked a near dead laptop (ala...I only have 1% and no charger...Sorry...Happy Birthday.  Love ya!) so I could chat with y'all.

I am going to burn in hell...

Priorities!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I don't drive either, and I generally manage to get anywhere I need to go by public transit.

My grandmother would call a taxi service if no one could drive her. Didn't need to very often, but the option was there.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Kid said:

Codependent.  With his mom.  Extremely.

Isaac and his mother were holding hands in Dr. Now's office. With the father there (he got NO hand). Not judging, just...hmm.  Might support your argument.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I was so hopeful at the start, Isaac! You have bored me into disappointment. 

I stayed disappointed. Nice kid, but he needs some Dr Paradise or Lola. 
Whole family needs counseling, esp. Issac and mom. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

here is no train between Dallas and Houston that I know of. 

My bad.   He would have to take two trains to do this.   Only the Sunset Lmt goes to houston now.   I love riding the Sunset Limited, but I haven't been on it recently. 

There is something called a megabus, but I am not sure how it works.  Just seems like there should be better options than a cab.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

Why doesn't the mom tell him to stop putting the focus on her and to do the work he needs to do for himself? Because she likes the attention, not having to do anything around the house, and doesn't think his being the size of 3 people is that big a deal.

Hey, he probably doesn't weigh more than 200 lbs than she does.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

I want Dr Paradise to have a session with mom and tell her straight up that she needs to push Isaac and that her disease is keeping him dependent. 

She’s nowhere near SeanMom in evilness but she’s a big part of his problem.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, pinky33 said:

Whyyyy is he the only who can take care of his mom? And what exactly does he do? Cook while sitting down? No one else can do that?

Plus the place is full of fast food wrappers, so he's not a vital source of food. Plus it looks to me like she gets around better than he does.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Oooh, I'm always curious about non-drivers travel methods. How do you get around? 

I'm in the Boston area. Lots of public transit. Shitty public transit that's getting worse by the year, but I can always get where I want to go. And my husband drives of course, so I can get rides if I need. I've always made it a point to live near a bus stop/train station. I've lugged groceries home on the bus, I once bought a TV and took it home on the train. Granted, it was a 13" TV. But I did get stuck in a revolving door lugging it in to a train station. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3