Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Back in the 70's when microwaves were just becoming popular, I tried to warm up some chocolate cookies in mine.  Well, they burned a bit.  Actually, they must have burned enough for the neighbors to smell them and they thought there was an electrical fire so they called the fire department.  It was late at night, and I was in my jammies.   I had tossed the cookies into the trash, but I had to get them out and show them to the firemen, none of whom were cute like some of the ones we see on this show.  I was probably 27.  I was so embarrassed.  And mad, because I had no cookies to eat.  This was back in the day when I could eat everything and stay very skinny    Sigh......

That is TRAGIC!!

BTW, @Twopper, today I found out that there is an insurance plan in Oklahoma called SOONERCARE.  I immediately thought of your delightful family handles.

• Love 5

I think the mother will be fine for 10 hours without him! What kind of mother is she anyway if she would rather him stay and pander to her instead of getting healthy?

He has a real martyr complex. Where is Dr. Paradise?

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Guys I haven’t had a haircut since 2019. My thin 40 year old hair is screaming for one

I am going to get my hair cut and colored on Saturday.  Yay.  Haven't had it since October and it shows.  I hoped to have it last Saturday but my appointment did not go through...  I guess tomorrow I will be presenting all shaggy-maned like this.  At least the gray doesn't come through on Webex.

5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Guys I haven’t had a haircut since 2019. My thin 40 year old hair is screaming for one

I haven't had a haircut in a year. I am serious about sheltering in place. So I've avoided COVID but I look like Sasquatch. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

Isaac's niceness and willingness to stick to the program is irritating me. 

He has 55 minutes left to turn out to be a toxic turd and take his sad, lonely stroll through the local park bemoaning how he's going to "do it on his own."

5 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Dr. Now's picture is in front of the diet sheets. So they can look at him and be inspired. 

I bought this magnet for like $6 on ebay, it is on my fridge staring at me when I eat something bad. I can hear the picture haha. 

IMG_2222.jpeg

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I am going to get my hair cut and colored on Saturday.  Yay.  Haven't had it since October and it shows.  I hoped to have it last Saturday but my appointment did not go through...  I guess tomorrow I will be presenting all shaggy-maned like this.  At least the gray doesn't come through on Webex.

We are locked down. I should have got a cut in the summer when restrictions were lifted but was nervous. We are set to reopen soon but my dad is in ICU so I am self isolating as much as possible...if I brought COVID into the unit I would never forgive myself.

My guess is he doesn't want to go because he knows he hasn't done as well as he should have - he doesn't look any thinner - and Mom is an excuse as well as a reason.  Hard to untangle their codependency issues based on a scripted show...

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I suspect that he is the family codependent...he believes that HE must personally look after them or they will all perish.

I had a friend like that...drove me nuts. according to him NONE of his family could manage on their own...except all of them had jobs and homes, and he was jobless and lived with his parents. He couldn't get a job because his nieces had to be driven to school and from every day because they didn't like the bus...at 14 and 16...living less than a mile from school. 

Possibly a byproduct of having been thrust into that role at the age of 10..

A mile? My school district didn't provide a bus if you lived that close, unless you were in kindergarden. (Except my high school; we only lived less than half a mile away but the school is in the boro and we were in the township (two streets past the border line). The rule for my high school was two miles or if you lived outside the boro...the boro is 1.9 square miles...you do the math. But I didn't take the bus. My parents left at the same time we did in the morning so they just dropped us off, and I walked home.)

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

We are locked down. I should have got a cut in the summer when restrictions were lifted but was nervous. We are set to reopen soon but my dad is in ICU so I am self isolating as much as possible...if I brought COVID into the unit I would never forgive myself.

Fingers crossed for you...that has to be a rough situation. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I'm trying to decide if my eating habit should include Milano cookies. 

We purposely ate the last of ours yesterday so we would not be tempted today.  I have Oreos we can eat tomorrow if I can survive until then.  I seem to be in cookie withdrawal. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I haven't had a haircut in a year. I am serious about sheltering in place. So I've avoided COVID but I look like Sasquatch. 

Nah, dude. As soon as they lifted the restrictions, I was there. I don't even have anywhere to go except the grocery, and it's cold as heck with 2' of snow piled up, but I don't care. I'm getting my hair done. 

That said, don't think I didn't freak the heck out when the salon closed again. When they reopened and I went in, I found out it was because one of the stylists had COVID. Guess who's stylist it was?  😩

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I have been cutting my own all this time but have been wearing it in a pony tail for the last year. Its easier with a mask. Last haircut was January 2020.0

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I love people like you, because you leave more for ME!  Mwahahaha.

That's my response when people act shocked that I don't like something. "More for you!"

He gave you an extra month...an extra 20 pounds isn't that much for that time frame.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I have been cutting my own all this time but have been wearing it in a pony tail for the last year. Its easier with a mask. Last haircut was January 2020.0

I have found this with the mask, too--the magic combo is a pony + no glasses (contacts, instead).

• Love 1

Isaac. I have news for you. Your mother is never going to let you go. Everyone in your family is accustomed to you bearing the burden, and have no intention of bearing some of the load. 

OK, guys. Any guesses as to whether or not Isaac's managed to lose any weight? 

He does not look like he's lost 120 pounds. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

This episode is turning into another mess.  Already nine of the clock and no second appointment?  

Damn, surely he could take a bus to Houston and then a cab to the doc.

I know the bus would be uncomfortable, but dang. 

Dis whole family dynamic is bad sitcheation.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Fingers crossed for you...that has to be a rough situation. 

It sucks...on top of trying to learn a new job it’s hard. I am only allowed in because his condition is grave, we tried a third surgery rather than ‘pulling the plug’ so we hope it works out.  

• Love 9

Speaking of chocolate--I usually give up chocolate (in all forms) for Lent.  However, I didn't realize that Lent started today until the past weekend.  Meanwhile, I've got some chocolate cupcakes, some candy, and two pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream with chocolate.  I guess maybe I'll start my chocolate fast on Sunday or Monday.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

This episode is turning into another mess.  Already nine of the clock and no second appointment?  

Well, how else are the gonna cram all those exciting scenes of the family sitting around and staring at the wall? Or Isaac getting out of bed?