Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Isaac helped raise his siblings after his mom suffered a debilitating stroke when he was 10. While learning to cook for his family, he began comfort-eating. Now to avoid eating himself to death, Isaac must learn to take care of himself for a change.

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the initial US showing. 

Original air date 2021.02.17

Hello everybody! I hope our Texas pounders are safe, warm, and well.

My eating habit was a bagged Caesar salad w/leftover chicken & a chopped apple (very good) followed by a Yasso frozen yogurt bar.

• Love 8

Hello Pounders! Eating habit? Home made leek and potato soup, with some Brussels sprouts I roasted in the air fryer, just for fun.  Followed by four (FOUR!) chocolate peanut butter cookies. 

Texas peeps, I hope you're all OK! I've been following the news with a mixture of horror and disbelief. I hope things improve very soon!

• Love 8

Good evening, Pounders.  I am in Tennessee north of Memphis. We got 7 inches of snow two days ago and expecting another 3 to 5 tonight!!!

I left New Jersey to get away from this!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Howdy pounders!! how y'all doin'?  

Eating habit for Ash Wednesday was crab cakes, English peas, and sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon. 

I have given up hoping for a success.   I well settle for the poundticipant just not being a total failure.

• Love 5

Hi Pounders!!!!  Eating habit was 1/2 of a Panera Bacon Turkey Bravo sandwich with chips!  

Had a major thought during the week about the show.  Since this is during the Pandemic, a lot of hospitals are probably close to being filled with patients.  Most hospitals are only doing essential surgeries.  Are bariatric surgeries considered  essential?  

Edited by MsVixen
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Good evening, Pounders.  I am in Tennessee north of Memphis. We got 7 inches of snow two days ago and expecting another 3 to 5 tonight!!!

I left New Jersey to get away from this!

Gettin' snow here in Jersey tomorrow!

Hi All!  Hope this one will be a good one for a change.

No eating habit today yet - I am still babysitting a roasting duck, it has another 45 minutes to go (basting every 10 minutes, now just switched from balsamic to balsamic-honey glaze.  I will eat it with *drumroll* grapes.  And rice left over from lunch.

I spilled duck blood while prepping, so my kitchen looked (and smelled!) like a frigging murder scene two hours ago. 

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I won’t freeze with my gas soaked undies for thinking Dr Now’s patients should be nice and warm with all their insulation

i’ll see myself back out

Edited by Wanda
Been gone so long I spelled the doctor’s name wrong
  • LOL 12
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Is it true people are freezing to death in their own homes in Texas? I hope everyone is safe.

I've heard and seen awful things. People are going to their cars to get warm. Pipes are bursting, people are getting power for 20 minutes at a time before it goes out again. People are dying of carbon monoxide poisoning. It's grim. 

Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Uh...I think Isaac's "story" needs an chapter for his sister.

And the rest of his family.