Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

That's a whole lot of pancakes there.

ack!!! we had pancakes last night for Shrove Tuesday since the Mardi Gras party we usually go to was cancelled. After seeing this, I am not sure how long it will be before I can face them again.

He's a big un who never looked thin even when he was hypo-allergenic or whatev.  Maybe they meant hyper-allergenic?  like allergic to a lot of things?

I have no idea about his weight so I will guess 730.  The camera angle from the floor makes him look really big. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Arynm said:

When you open a bag of chex mix like that, you have to eat the entire thing, am I right?

Tip for avoiding temptation:  pour some into a small cup-sized bowl,  close the bag, put it away, take the bowl into another room.  Be too lazy to get up for seconds.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Here is my thing with ‘fat shaming’. Is it wrong to say you are over feeding your 6 year old and it is unhealthy? I mean, most kids don’t know they are obese until they hit school or it is pointed out. Loaded question I know. 

Fat shaming is insinuating a child is morally corrupt or “less than” because they are overweight- yes people have done that to me, as a prepubescent child. people say all sorts of things to fat kids they wouldn’t dare say to a fat adult that is their social equal and can fight back. 

Telling the parents that you are concerned about a child’s sudden weight gain isn’t fat shaming. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I have noticed an inverse relationship between size of pets and size of humans in our pounder families

Big dogs need more room to run around. A lot of these folks probably don't have fenced yards to just let them out in. Which means they'd have to walk them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Is Isaac the oldest? Because I'm still steaming that he threw away his one chance in life to come home and take care of his mother that someone else who lived there could have done.

1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

When you have a banquet table permanently set up in your living room, you miiiiight have a problem. 

On the other hand, at least he eats at the table. 

Just listening to that fast food order has packed five pounds on me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Arynm said:

When you open a bag of chex mix like that, you have to eat the entire thing, am I right?

See, that's how I open bags of chips...when they're single-serve packages.

Which for him I'm guessing that is...

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Is Isaac the oldest? Because I'm still steaming that he threw away his one chance in life to come home and take care of his mother that someone else who lived there could have done.

I gathered he was the oldest. 

5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

And they cheaped out when building plants and didn't winterize the pipes in the natural gas plants and the turbines. 

True, but we also don't get temperatures this low for this long. Hopefully ( but I doubt  it)a lessen has been learned.  I would not be surprised to see some lawsuits to many people have gone through to much. They knew this was coming and knew they were not prepared. They should have warned us.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Fat shaming is insinuating a child is morally corrupt or “less than” because they are overweight- yes people have done that to me, as a prepubescent child. people say all sorts of things to fat kids they wouldn’t dare say to a fat adult that is their social equal and can fight back. 

Telling the parents that you are concerned about a child’s sudden weight gain isn’t fat shaming. 

I’m sorry that happened to you, that is not okay...ever. I have friend who accused people of fat shaming them and their kids when the offending party kindly recommended the child and family see a nutritionist.  It is a tough one. I know she didn’t mean to hurt their feelings but the weight gain was intense and fairly sudden.

I also have people who said ‘you gained weight’ to an acquaintance who gained maybe 20lbs....that’s rude

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5
Just now, Chicklet said:

Stage 3 cancer doesn't mean she's incapable of doing anything, I don't get this at the moment.

I'm not getting it either. And, like, what was the point of him saying they don't know where she stands with it. Doesn't she have follow up care? (She may not because of lack of health insurance I guess.)

3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think his thinner brother is the oldest...

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Didn't he have siblings to help care for his siblings? Are they a family who doesn't care about education? Stage 3 cancer doesn't mean she's incapable of doing anything, I don't get this at the moment.

He's terrified of venturing out into the world. He's making himself the family caretaker so he won't have to.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Now a milkshake and GIANT burger.

Has anyone EVER started their diet before initial weigh-in?

Nope. There’s usually a memorial last drive thru on the way to Dr Now’s. 

eta: 702

Edited by DropTheSoap
Add weight guess
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Didn't he have siblings to help care for his siblings? Are they a family who doesn't care about education? Stage 3 cancer doesn't mean she's incapable of doing anything, I don't get this at the moment.

My Dad went to work with stage 3 cancer, through chemo and radiation and all... for 10 years, he only retired six months before he died.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I'm not understanding this story. He had to drop out if college to help at home when mom got cancer but he is nearly immobile. How much help can he be. I also saw many other adults around. It makes no damn sense

Yeah, what was his dad doing that he had to take care of everyone?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I’m sorry that happened to you, that is not okay...ever. I have friend who accused people of fat shaming them and their kids when the offending party kindly recommended the child and family see a nutritionist.  It is a tough one. I know she didn’t mean to hurt their feelings but the weight gain was intense and fairly sudden.

It’s okay. I had pretty good self esteem and my parents didn’t stand for that shit. I would just tell them. My father prepared me for how the world treated fat people, especially fat kids (as he was one), little did he know in 30yrs 1/3 of the country would get fat and I would be on the large side of normal. 

But no way was I as big as the participants here. Myself and my friends who were obese kids tended to STOP gaining when we hit our adult heights between 12-14yrs old. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm not getting it either. And, like, what was the point of him saying they don't know where she stands with it. Doesn't she have follow up care? (She may not because of lack of health insurance I guess.)

Right.? I think he said she had the surgery three months ago?  The doctors should know what they're dealing with and have a treatment plan.