Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Isaac's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

"I'm at Dr. Now's to see him about weight loss surgery"

Yes, we know why you're there. That's the whole premise of the show.

I missed the number!!!!

Politely asking Dr. Now how he is and sounding like he actually wants to know the answer. Nice. Dr. Now's "thank you for asking" sounded like he doesn't hear that much.

Oh, 661. I was only 19 under.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Covid made me go gray, but I stopped dying my hair and suprise it's silver. Then one of my kids asked me who did my color lol. Who knew going gray was so stylish.

I got silver in the hair genetics, also. I like it. 
I hope all is well post-Covid. 

4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Usually when they check references, a job offer will be in the future. You know, if your references don't tell them you showed up to work drunk and made copies of your butt cheeks or something.

But what about cooking fish in the microwave? That's a deal breaker right there 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Grey is very hot right now!

Mine won't turn silver, which has really disappointed me because it's the color of car carpet. Someone suggested a colorist to me recently "for a change".  I suspect that they assumed that I had been applying some kind of Dollar Tree boring brown for the past couple decades.

• LOL 6

Hey there, Peeps!  Finally made it!  Multitasking Zoom birthday party on one laptop, now streaming this episode with captions on another laptop (I am sure they are wondering why I keep looking to the left. Ha!), and chatting with y'all!

I am doing the most!

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Mine won't turn silver, which has really disappointed me because it's the color of car carpet. Someone suggested a colorist to me recently "for a change".  I suspect that they assumed that I had been applying some kind of Dollar Tree boring brown for the past couple decades.

I color my hair auburn with henna, have since I was 21. I do seem to have quite a bit of grey now but I'll pack the henna on till I can't raise my arms. 

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I had a coworker who once burned peanut butter on an English muffin in the microwave.  Worst smell ever!  It was even worse than burned popcorn.

My old boss burned microwave popcorn. Then the fire department showed up. Tre embarassing for her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

You're the family cook? Cook healthy for the whole family, then. They all need it. 

But you know he won't.  He will 'pity' cook 'delicious' food for his Mom whose health issues are probably 90% weight and only 10% actually cancer, and suffer himself and 'cheat' all the time.  I call bad first weigh in.

• Love 8

OMG I really wish they'd send a nutritionist or chef to the home to help these folks kickstart a new way of preparing food and shopping for the food. You don't just give them a handout and send them on their way. It's just a recipe for disaster. 

Look at me with the pun. 

I had a coworker who once burned peanut butter on an English muffin in the microwave.  Worst smell ever!  It was even worse than burned popcorn.

I opened a durian at work once, along w/another co-worker. The rest of the office hated us. The office manager called in a gas leak. 
My only excuse is stupid white person.  

• LOL 17

I was around 14 or 15 when I made Easy Mac one day.. Only problem, I had a brain fart and wasn't paying attention and forgot the water. That was the worst smell ever!! 

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I color my hair auburn with henna, have since I was 21. I do seem to have quite a bit of grey now but I'll pack the henna on till I can't raise my arms. 

I feel rather liberated not having to dye it anymore. Less trouble. And I always slopped stuff all over the bathroom then I had to clean it up ugh. Also ruined quite a few shirts. I'm a mess as a girl.

Er not that I was ever a boy, I just failed at girl lessons- can't do makeup worth shit, etc. But I make kickass puff pastry from scratch.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Don't say 'vagina' about your mother. No. I'm old fashioned that way. 

5 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Dr. Now's picture is in front of the diet sheets. So they can look at him and be inspired. 

Or fat shamed from a distance. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

You're the family cook? Cook healthy for the whole family, then. They all need it. 

Exactly. The whole family could benefit. Isaac could take another look at his role of family caretaker, and help them all get trimmer and healthier. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

I was around 14 or 15 when I made Easy Mac one day.. Only problem, I had a brain fart and wasn't paying attention and forgot the water. That was the worst smell ever!! 

When my brother was 12 or 13 he was boiling eggs and forgot he had them on the stove.  They exploded and stuck to the ceiling.  

The worst smell ever was when I had several potatoes rot into a slimy mess because I forgot about them when I went away.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

So scientists are saying we may have an even worse pandemic within 20 years....glad I read that article.

Wha? What are you reading and what 'scientists' and based on what research?  

7 minutes ago, mk828 said:

My kids did that so many times that I stopped buying Easy Mac. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I use Colorsilk,(I love that brand, no ammonia, so it washes out of clothes, towels, etc, you just have to keep touch up paint, because it stains wall paint, or wall trim) and have been dyeing mine since the early 90's.   My real color is flat, dark brown, no highlights, no variation, and when the gray came in, I thought it looked fantastic.    Then I went to a fancy salon for a spa day, and the very nice hair stylist said it looked 'harsh'.   Actually it made my flat brown hair look black, so with the silver I looked like Pepe Le Pew.   I started coloring then, (I'm too cheap to go to the salon unless I have to), so I'll stop dyeing my own when they pry the dye bottle out of my cold, dead hand.   With hair color, I have the color I always wanted to have. 

So 661 lbs., that's only because he's only 23.   By 35 or 40 (if he made it that long), he would have been in the high 700's or maybe 800's.   How sad.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I feel rather liberated not having to dye it anymore. Less trouble. And I always slopped stuff all over the bathroom then I had to clean it up ugh. Also ruined quite a few shirts. I'm a mess as a girl.

Oh my god, join the club. I tend to do things like coloring my hair very merrily. Stuff goes EVERYWHERE.I too have ruined my share of shirts. I also ruin them while cleaning, I'm always doing things like splashing bleach on myself. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

My husband started going grey in high school!

My husband had white hair as a child; it turned a blondish brown, then after the birth of the first child, it went back to white.  He said it was the sudden responsibility of being a dad.  He was 30.  I thought he was unusual, but your husband has him beat.

• Love 4