Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Kenae's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you think it would make any difference if TLC paid the patient a thousand dollars for every pound they lose?  They don’t seem to have any real incentive.  Living doesn’t seem to mean much to them. 

I dig that plan. But it's TLC. The budget on their shows is something like $14. And that only pays for all the freelancers they hire to film these folks. 

I say she lost, but maybe 10-15 pounds.   Just enough to double her feeling like a misunderstood heroine.  I worked soooo hard (woe #1, deprivation), but Dr. Now didn't appreciate it (woe #2, evil people being evil to her for the sake of being evil)! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You wrote this, didn't you? 

Someone on FB asked what your dream job would be and I literally put that I wanted to write scripts for this show (and Hoarding: Buried Alive) so Thank You!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
Just now, ams1001 said:

My dad and I both like Black Sambuca...my mom does not.

I hate licorice candy but boy do I love Sambuca shots!

1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Uh oh...giving in to temptation, making progress, feeling good, can do better, but I PLAN to do more this month.  I am going to get better and hopefully when I go back it is enough.  BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...

I am sure it is hard to stick to it, when there are 18 adults living in a 200 sqft trailer, eating fast food all day in front her, though.  Not an excuse for her, but I can see her dilemma.

Eh. She said, archly, "No one wants to step on my toes" earlier, when she made it clear that everyone in that doublewide ate what she put in front of them without question or complaint. She could have made that work for her by trying to motivate everyone in the house to eat better. She's just setting the stage for her epic failure. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Uh oh...giving in to temptation, making progress, feeling good, can do better, but I PLAN to do more this month.  I am going to get better and hopefully when I go back it is enough.  BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...

I am sure it is hard to stick to it, when there are 18 adults living in a 200 sqft trailer, eating fast food all day in front her, though.  Not an excuse for her, but I can see her dilemma.

Honestly if she ate the same amount as them shed be 200 pounds not 600 pounds. The problem isnt so much what shes eating as how much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you think it would make any difference if TLC paid the patient a thousand dollars for every pound they lose?  They don’t seem to have any real incentive.  Living doesn’t seem to mean much to them. 

Betting a friend $100 that you will lose 20 pounds provides motivation and accountability and has been shown to be a successful strategy.

• Love 1

I think this one is a fail. She isn't really even trying, She's just saying that she is. She said it was too hard before she even walked through the door.

She just doesn't see that healthy food can be good and good for you at the same time.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Salad slathered in dressing = "healthy meal"

The sitting around in this episode is EPIC.

Honestly, why don't they do SOMETHING? Even watching game show reruns or bad sci-fi would be more interesting than sitting around staring at the squalor in which they all sag! Crochet...nobody wants crocheted items....make them anyway! You can get a hook, a how-to book an  piles of yarn at thrift shops for maybe a fiver.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

A bit off topic, but you reminded me. I was in the dermatologist’s waiting room today and there was a father filling out his precocious 7 year old daughter’s “new patient” paperwork. When they got to the “allergy” section the daughter reminded her father, “Don’t forget that I’m allergic to candy corn!” 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My dad and I both like Black Sambuca...my mom does not.

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

I dislike black licorice but I adore Sambuca. Also anisette toasts, dipped in red wine. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

22 pounds.  She exceeded *my* expectations!

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

The difference between *taste* and *smell* of licorice.  Unlike taste of licorice, preference for its smell is not genetic (as far as we currently know). 🙂 

• Love 2

As usual, she thinks the surgery will lose the weight for her, w/o the diet. It doesn't work that way. For the last time, this show has been on at least 10 years. Lose weight, get the surgery. Simple.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Honestly, why don't they do SOMETHING? Even watching game show reruns or bad sci-fi would be more interesting than sitting around staring at the squalor in which they all sag! Crochet...nobody wants crocheted items....make them anyway! You can get a hook, a how-to book an  piles of yarn at thrift shops for maybe a fiver.

Maybe they just do it for the show.  I can't imagine people just sit and stare like this.

• Love 2