Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Kenae's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I am interested in the new Joe Kenda show. I love true crime but sick of all the Bundy and Gacy shows. The 90 day spin offs look awful 

I have seen his show on ID and I'm not a fan. 

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I get the giving up food thing. I've been on Keto for a year, and I bike 400 miles a month for 9 months of the year.  However, I also have Lyme Disease, the worlds longest perimenopause and PCOS. Hormone replacement and PCOS messssss with weight; losing has been painfully slow. I loss 35 lbs over the year, and then gained 17 back in a month because of a med change. Talk about wanting to give up!

Also, I DON'T LIKE KETO FOOD!! I often say "I can't eat food anymore" because I can't have anything that feels or tastes satisfying.  I wake up every day and think "I am going to get (fill in the food--cake, pancakes, pizza, burgers, fries, pizza, ice cream, etc) TODAY!!", but I make a coffee and remind myself of how much work this has been...so I don't get the treat. 

It's truly horrible to give up food. 

I get it. I have battled food addiction my entire life. The difference between them and you and me is that we do not eat until we weigh 600 pounds!!!  It sucks but the alternative is worse.

• Love 13

She's 614, and is happy that she only gained 1 pound since her last weigh in.    5'1", and 41 years old. 

The husband is getting big, but the sister-in-law is really big when you look closely.  

I wonder why Dr. Now doesn't have them go on a liquid diet, the way Dr. Proctor (1,000 lb sisters, and Family by the Ton) used to?  

That was the weakest "OK" I've ever heard, complete with quivering voice on the end. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

adding two pounds because @umgoblue beat me to it.

I remember the two times I guessed correctly...and just like an addict or former lottery winner who spent her last two dollars to buy it ...I keep coming back for more. 

Yes, my name is umgoblue and I am an addict.  And I love paying a good ol' regressive tax! 😆🤣😂

ETA:  I have never bought a lottery ticket in my life (or been addicted).  Do you know what I can buy with a dollar?!!  Well today it is just a candy bar...

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

She was soooo close to finding her name on a cup at Niagara Falls, if it weren't for the apostrophe!

(coming from someone with a unique name as well ;))

I have never had my name on anything unless it was customizable.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

He is the only reason I might sign up.  They showed an episode  of his new show  a week or so ago on the ID channel.  I was not impressed.  He basically did a few comments about the case, but that was about it. 

That is too bad. His commentary is the only reason to watch. 

• Love 2

8:35 p.m.: "I'm going to do whatever it takes."

9:58 p.m.: "Too hard. Gonna do it myself. Take it at my own pace."

6 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

I think Kanae’s’ story. I’m an English teacher and you have officially blown my mind 🤯

I'm an English teacher, too. I don't think there is any official style guidance on this very specific grammar conundrum.  😂

• LOL 7
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

He is the only reason I might sign up.  They showed an episode  of his new show  a week or so ago on the ID channel.  I was not impressed.  He basically did a few comments about the case, but that was about it. 

I was so mad when I saw he was going to have a show on the pay version, because I already pay more than enough (I just got my bill today and Directv has jacked up the prices again!).

Then I saw a sneak peek on demand and was relieved that he was just the host.  I'd watch it if it were on the regular channel, but it's not something that I will miss not seeing.  I knew Joe Kenda years ago (in a professional sense) and I liked the show because I remembered a lot of the cases.  Many were way before my time, but I still remember hearing about them.

• Love 3

She sat a foot higher than Rodney.  Fooled me into thinking she was tall but it must be the butt wings.  I give up trying to figure out weight, I'm so bad at it.   Like Melissa last week, I really hope she succeeds.  And I liked how they had a family prayer before heading to Houston.  Nice.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

She is 'managing food for the household'?  OK, now I get why kids are fat too.  They have no escape.

I wonder how she buys food - does she go to the store or does she order?

I wonder how she does that too. 

1 minute ago, Kid said:

I get it. I have battled food addiction my entire life. The difference between them and you and me is that we do not eat until we weigh 600 pounds!!!  It sucks but the alternative is worse.

I struggle with food as well since it is really one of the only things I can use to cope. Losing weight is quite hard and Im on hormone therapy and anitpsychotics which make things so much harder. I gained around 25 kgs on this med but it at least mostly stops the hallucinations.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I have never had my name on anything unless it was customizable.

Same here.  And it used to tick me off.  About the third time looking for my name as a child, that I realized that it was never going to happen.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Why is this episode giving me a craving for candy corn !?!?! In February ?!?!?

The only sweets I abhor more than candy corn are licorice flavored ones (any kind) and Twizzlers.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Splashes said:

I struggle with food as well since it is really one of the only things I can use to cope. Losing weight is quite hard and Im on hormone therapy and anitpsychotics which make things so much harder. I gained around 25 kgs on this med but it at least mostly stops the hallucinations.

So sorry to hear that.  Good luck to you!

• Love 2

I give Kenae' credit: despite having a name that challenges all rules of English grammar, she, herself, is quite verbally agile (especially for a Poundticipant, tbh). She has used the words "hindering" and "feasible," and her husband was attracted to her quick wit.  Maybe this will translate to success (at least she will be able to read the diet...)

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Helluva ride. You have my sympathy and admiration. I was ready to throw my Premarin out of the window when I saw my weight going up by a half pound a day.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

The only sweets I abhor more than candy corn are licorice flavored ones (any kind) 

Licorice is vile! Good and Plentys? 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Same here.  And it used to tick me off.  About the third time looking for my name as a child, that I realized that it was never going to happen.

My name used to be the second most common women's name in the US at one point, but it's still often missing from souvenirs and stuff - the fact that it comes with three spelling options doesn't help.  Often only one is available...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Earlier today I was thirsty and craving Hawaiian Punch.  I haven't had it in years!

Even though it's freezing outside,  an ice cold Hawaiian Punch sounds a lot better than this water I'm guzzling. 

3 minutes ago, Sile said:

I was so mad when I saw he was going to have a show on the pay version, because I already pay more than enough (I just got my bill today and Directv has jacked up the prices again!).

Optimum, too. I got an email from Discover saying the bill that went through today was significantly different from the usual (I started getting these a few months ago, when a regular automatic bill is more than a certain percentage higher/lower than the last X number of bills or something like that).

3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I wonder how she does that too. 

The same way she cooks all the meals.  She sits on the couch with a table in front of her and orders everybody to bring things to her and take things from her.  And she's such a control freak that she can't even let them move the wings from the bowl to the pan or dish up the food in the kitchen.

• Love 2