Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Kenae's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Floatingbison said:

Goodnight, Pounders. That was fun.

This is off topic, but as of today, I have been sober for exactly five years.  It's been a great five years and I'm looking forward to many sober years to come.

YAY!!! That is AWESOME!  Congratulations...got a lot of this in my family, and I know how hard it is.  I'm impressed.  

• Love 5

She didn't verbalize that complete sentence ...

I just feel a a bit blindside and I just need some time ...

to soothe myself with a big ol' plate of nachos with a side ... I mean, vat of sour cream and a whole box of frozen corndogs washed down with a triple big gulp soda.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Good night all, stay safe

Good night! I hope your first week in the new job is going well! 

1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

This is off topic, but as of today, I have been sober for exactly five years.  It's been a great five years and I'm looking forward to many sober years to come.

Congratulations! Glad you could be here with us! 

Good night, Pounders! Stay safe, wear your masks! See you Friday night for LAL! 

• Love 4

I have both oranges and grapes at home!  And just ate three blood oranges as the produce part of my dinner.  No hope for me!

2 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Congratulations!  A wise man told me once, there is no such thing as a recovered alcoholic, only recovering.  It's the choices you make every single day.  At that point, he was sober for 30+ years (he was a chemistry professor and we did chemistry shows for elementary school kids when I was in college).  Keep up the good work!  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Heartfelt congratulations 🎉 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

How many meals will that make for JUST YOU? Likely 10 or so!

Well, my husband will help me eat it.  We can have a salad tomorrow and Friday with the rest of the chicken.  I think there were supposed to be 8 pieces.  The cole slaw will be eaten with fish probably.   

I did not realize how often we ate out until COVID turned us into hermits. 

I also bought a leg of lamb for Sunday dinner. Not exactly Super Bore food.   And some rosemary to go on it.

• Love 3

"I just swallow my pride and let her help me shower" Why not!! You've..swallowed everything else. What is with that yard"" 2 grown men and a big teenager, and that front yard is that bad!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Why is she so pissed off at Dr. Now? Her family obviously enabled her and agrees everyone else is the problem.

" I could have googled your diet!!  I came here for help,(magic pill) dammit!!  You're not helping me!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MsVixen said:

Count me in.  My mother died last May at the age of 103 of Alzheimer's.  The last 2 years where she could do nothing for herself were hard as hell.

Wow!!  103?  That is epic!  Amazing! My mom was only 63 when she passed....damn diabetes 😔