Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Kenae's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, LuciaMia said:

the husband looks shellshocked.

I have a feeling that's his natural expression.

2 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

Next appointment, she’ll have too much going on and just can’t make it. 

She'll be so busy, throwing out all the bad food and trying to get into her car. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

She got it all out and then turned sensible again.  Whew that was scary.  Remind me of a really really big lady who just couldn't cut the mustard either but I can't quite remember her name.  She gave up and the closing scene was her singing in church choir.  She had a very young daughter and blamed her lack of success losing weight on taking care of her baby.  Sad, as she could drop dead and then who would raise her child?  

Was that sheenee? I remember her going on a big things with dr now and thinking god would catch her if she jumped off a building.

• Love 2

Ooooooo  the sarcasm!  She is dripping in sarcasm.

If her God is so wonderful, why doesn't he just magically make her skinny???

Heard a wonderful story in an open AA meeting.

it is flooding and the police come to the door of a house and tell the man you have to leave because the water is rising. He said no, God will save me. The water rises more and he's on the second floor of the house. A boat comes by and the recuers say get in the boat the water is still rising. He says no, God will save me. He gets on the roof. Along comes a helicopter,  they lower the line and say grab the line the water Is still rising. He says no, God will save me. He drowns and goes to heaven. He sees God and says what the hell. God says, I sent you a cop, I sent you a boat, and I sent you a helicopter. What more did you want me to do?

She obviously never heard this story.  You have to act.  You have to take responsibility.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 11
Just now, LizzyB said:

I just read the Kolker book about the Galvin family whose participation in research about schizophrenia continues to advance the field--I hope you got a chance to read it (if you like nonfiction)!  I thought it was very interesting.

I heard recently about a new techniqie that might not have the weight gain but using a nasal spray which allows much lower doses of antipsychotic.

• Love 4

Leneatha (apologies if I misspelled her name). was singing in church.

Poor Dr. Paradise, mission impossible coming up.    

I bet the meltdown in Dr. Now's office was an example of what happens any time that the family doesn't bring everything on her grocery list.   

I think her rude attitude was very reminiscent of Schenee's asking Dr Now, "Do you believe in God" rant, from her potty chair, with her red pants down around her knees.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

Will someone please go save Lola from captivity?! 

Did any of y'all receive a ransom letter?  (It may be mixed up with the returned letters you sent your father, so please check very carefully)

Where is she...

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yes....sent her to therapy please. Is she bipolar? Her behaviour is not normal

No, not bipolar.  She might have a personality disorder, but my guess is she is just a jerk, and jerk is not a diagnosis.  

4 minutes ago, Splashes said:

Also does her religiousity feel almost performative to anyone else? It feels like shes making such a big deal of things to show how faithful she is and that we know it. Ive never known anyone like that.

Absolutely, I feel the same. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Gee. I waddled off to put on my jammies,and we are already on page 10.

Boy, she sure gave Dr Now a piece of her mind.  Another diet expert who knows more than he does.

A year or so ago, we found his diet online so she's right about that.   I do think she has picked up a woman's magazine or two and read about diets and that losing 2 pounds a week is a good goal.  But that is for people who aren't 450 pounds overweight.  Maybe he should point that out, because according to that standard she did do good.

Well, it is already after 9 so I am doubtful we will see surgery and we definitely won't get to the point of seeing  him in his chop shop doing skin reductions. 

I really need a success story this season.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

No, not bipolar.  She might have a personality disorder, but my guess is she is just a jerk, and jerk is not a diagnosis.  

Absolutely, I feel the same. 

Jerk is the derivative of acceleration though!

• Love 1

Finally someone tells the family to stop bringing junk into the house...

They all need to learn to eat better.

She still needs to learn to deal with having stuff around she can't eat, but for the first few months at least they could be a little more considerate. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Oh, wow. So she's too SELFLESS. Riiiightttt. It's everyone else fault she can't lose weight.

Why is she just guilting the kids and not the other adults?

eta: oops...meemaw is there. 

Edited by DropTheSoap
  • Love 5