Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Kenae's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

I had to tear myself away to put the leftover mac & cheese in the fridge, and made some lemon ginger tea while I was up. Trying to figure out what to bring for lunch tomorrow cuz I don't have much that doesn't need a microwave...

• Love 1

Really?  He is willing to give her a chance?   Why so nice, Dr. Now?  Maybe he thinks dangling a carrot in front of her will work?  Even if he dangles an ice cream cone, it probably won't give long-term results. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I understand there's a fine line between providing a needed surgery to these people and maintaining boundaries. But this lady has had how many months now and has only lost a total of 75 pounds? That's like one month for some of these people.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Once when my son was little I asked him to call his dad down for supper. He turned, and yelled "DADDY!" at the top of his lungs. I said "uh, gee, thanks".  To which he cheerfully responded "you're lucky to have a kid with good lungs". 

Just thought I'd relieve the overall gloom with a funny story. 

I giggled so much I had to put my teacup down.

• Love 1

I don’t care for her, but the thought of anyone losing their mom....brakes my heart. I can’t imagine.  My mom is 79.

My mother suffered a severe stroke 11 years ago. She died nine months later. I miss her every day, but I know her last year was miserable. Prior to her stroke, she walked four miles a day, sang in the church choir and loved to crochet. She couldn't do any of those things after her stroke. I try to focus on her freedom from a body that wasn't working anymore when I start feeling lonesome for her.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Does the husband ever talk?

The last time he did, he said 'I do' and look how that turned out.  He is afraid of what might happen should he say something else!

• LOL 8
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

My mother suffered a severe stroke 11 years ago. She died nine months later. I miss her every day, but I know her last year was miserable. Prior to her stroke, she walked four miles a day, sang in the church choir and loved to crochet. She couldn't do any of those things after her stroke. I try to focus on her freedom from a body that wasn't working anymore when I start feeling lonesome for her.

My mother was flawed flawed flawed and caused astounding damage to my family. I still wish she was around. She died at 84, I think 4 years ago. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Really?  He is willing to give her a chance?   Why so nice, Dr. Now?  Maybe he thinks dangling a carrot in front of her will work?  Even if he dangles an ice cream cone, it probably won't give long-term results. 

He's dangling one of those GIANT Toblerones.

• LOL 3
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t care for her, but the thought of anyone losing their mom....breaks my heart. I can’t imagine.  My mom is 79

I agree. I lost my mother last year. I hadn’t thought about missing her since this afternoon. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Pissed off old lady with no f*cks left to give.

There was an awful lot of eye rolling when she made the kids turn off their video game

• Love 6

I think the random apostrophe in Kenae's name was the result of someone who didn't know how to put the accent mark over the "e" in her name. Her name is probably spelled Kenaé. Although, honestly, I really don't caré because she's still a jerk no matter how her name is spelled.

I cannot believe these people have never watched the show before agreeing to be on it. 

She really does resent having to lose any more weight before the surgery, because the surgery is the magic event that will change her life,

I don't think she will keep the weight off without an attitude adjustment.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think the random apostrophe in Kenae's name was the result of someone who didn't know how to put the accent mark over the "e" in her name. Her name is probably spelled Kenaé. Although, honestly, I really don't caré because she's still a jerk no matter how her name is spelled.

Excuse me for being a Neanderthal, but do we have that letter in American English? 

Edited by Suzywriter