Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Kenae's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

The only sweets I abhor more than candy corn are licorice flavored ones (any kind) and Twizzlers.  

You just listed all of my favorites! I buy sugar free black licorice chips made with xylitol...they are like eating broken glass, but they give me licorice flavor...mmmmm....I even put anise flavoring in my tea!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

She used correct grammar!  She said "my husband and I."  I'm so pleased.

I think my ears are programmed to hear it incorrectly when I watch M600PL, that when she said it I was like...You're saying it wrong.  Get some grammar, girl!! 🤣🤣

• LOL 4
5 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Same here.  And it used to tick me off.  About the third time looking for my name as a child, that I realized that it was never going to happen.

I did have the small consolation of my brother having a common name but the less common spelling of it, so we didn't see his name much, either.

40 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Every time I see  CPAP machine,  I wonder if they have purchased William Shatner's SoClean2!  

I have one - it's great!  But I got it before he started doing the commercials.

• Love 1

Is there really an apostrophe at the end of her name?

Did I understand her to say she was in charge of meals and did the cooking?   This woman who could barely get to the bathroom even with help.  I hate that her niece and nephew have to help care for her. 

I see Dr Now has now added the amount of time he wants the patients to exercise. An  hour in the am and  also in the pm.   But did he tell her to read it every day?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sile said:

The same way she cooks all the meals.  She sits on the couch with a table in front of her and orders everybody to bring things to her and take things from her.  And she's such a control freak that she can't even let them move the wings from the bowl to the pan or dish up the food in the kitchen.

At least it's couch cuisine instead of bed lined with pee pads cuisines. Not that I'd want to eat either.

And, Keanae', you are NOT starving. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sile said:

The same way she cooks all the meals.  She sits on the couch with a table in front of her and orders everybody to bring things to her and take things from her.  And she's such a control freak that she can't even let them move the wings from the bowl to the pan or dish up the food in the kitchen.

Yes but I mean how does she buy the food if she doesn’t go into the store? Is it all apps and food delivery or does she make the list and have someone else go with the funds?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Chances are they never had properly made, tasty healthy food.  So for them it's either boring plain lettuce salad with nasty fat-free version of some million-calorie dressing plus sad boiled chicken breast, or it's the foods they always have associated with rewards...

Yes, exactly. They view healthy eating as punishment because they don't believe it can be good. We've been treated to the scenes, over and over, of our pounticipants preparing a "healthy" meal, then glumly eating an unappetizing, bland, flavorless piece of chicken and some iceberg lettuce. There's no excuse though. There are tons of resources out there for healthy eating. 

• Love 6

Oh here it comes. "I can't deprive my family of the food they love". Girl. You could be setting an example for them. "They shouldn't be subjected to my diet"?? Seriously? They would all benefit from learning to eat better! She's setting herself up to fail. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

You just listed all of my favorites! I buy sugar free black licorice chips made with xylitol...they are like eating broken glass, but they give me licorice flavor...mmmmm....I even put anise flavoring in my tea!

Licorice love or hate are genetic.  You are welcome to have all the licorice in the world.

I was in Denmark on vacation and it was a pretty crazy day.  I got separated from my train and luggage when switching from the ferry back to solid ground, so I was all by myself in the middle of nowhere with just my wallet, passport and camera, even my ticket rode away, then I was put on the next train and that train broke down - twice - and we were put on an antique that could barely move.  I was chatting with locals to pass time, and they gave me some of their famous licorice candy... and then were laughing at me making faces as I fought not to spit it out as it would be awfully impolite.  Everyone's favorite 'torture the foreigner' shtick (and being equally guilty, I had to indulge them, even though I knew what was coming). 🙂 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I am channeling the bored, apathetic vibe of the old woman sitting in her recliner who looks like she's been over this whole mess for years.

Uh oh...giving in to temptation, making progress, feeling good, can do better, but I PLAN to do more this month.  I am going to get better and hopefully when I go back it is enough.  BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...

I am sure it is hard to stick to it, when there are 18 adults living in a 200 sqft trailer, eating fast food all day in front her, though.  Not an excuse for her, but I can see her dilemma.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh here it comes. "I can't deprive my family of the food they love". Girl. You could be setting an example for them. "They shouldn't be subjected to my diet"?? Seriously? They would all benefit from learning to eat better! She's setting herself up to fail. 

That's too advanced.  Right now she also gets to play the suffering heroine and get extra 'but we luuurv you auntie' points for that.

• Love 1

Do you think it would make any difference if TLC paid the patient a thousand dollars for every pound they lose?  They don’t seem to have any real incentive.  Living doesn’t seem to mean much to them. 

• Love 2