Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Loeb & Loeb is Ingham’s firm. 

No, they’re not. A few articles have had that misinformation but Loeb & Loeb is the law firm Ingham was allowed to hire on Britney’s behalf last fall. Ingham isn’t part of a larger firm. 

13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I personally don’t hold that tweet against him. The wording was wrong, but IMO I don’t think he was wishing bad things on anyone, but rather his concern that we seem to be so increasingly divided as a nation and is concerned about this divide growing wider.
Something to unify us based upon leveraging what we have in common versus focusing what divides us is how we get to a better place. 

I completely understand the reasoning behind that idea, but I am too sceptical that it would work, the reality would IMO be more like in last season of Game of Thrones - deal with the problem, then back to our regularly scheduled squabbles.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, if most post-apocalypse TV shows, movies or videogames are to be trusted, humankind will rather kill each other off in a desperate attempt to keep any remaining resources for themselves. 

Of course, I'm oversimplifying grossly, but I don't think humankind will unite in glorious purpose, I'm surprised someone at that age isn't more cynical. Small groups may band together to survive but humankind as such? No, I don't think so.

Walking Dead or Mad Max is a much more likely scenario to me than ....I can't even think about any....Pacific Rim maybe?

Or these days, people spend more time making a fuss about a badly worded tweet instead of dealing with the problem.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Jane Tuesday said:

From the gossip page @deuxmoi:

20210707_072033.jpg

So there seems to have been enough footage floating around to put together a 'reality' show that has spurred several folks connected to Mr. Spears to amscray- yet Perez Hilton (who supposedly has fingers in quite a few pies in the entertainment industry) was openly a cheerleader for Mr. Spears  instead of attempting to use his resources to investigate what was going on with Miss Spears (much less lift a finger to try to help her). What's wrong with this picture?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Dani said:

None of them have made the Olympics, yet. It’s a sport where you can compete at the top levels for years. The oldest member of the US team is 50. Plus the kids of celebrities are competing against the kids of millionaires and billionaires creating a more level playing field in some ways. 

It’s a such a strange sport in many ways since you can be the best rider and never make the Olympics because you don’t have the right horse at the right time. 

Speaking, of celebrities and horse jumping. Kaley Cuoco has become very involved in the sport. She competes and now breeds horses. Her husband rides professionally. Her in-laws are the founders of Intuit so they definitely have the resources to compete. 

I believed she also fosters dogs and just recently adopted an old mastiff when her other dog died..

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Everyone is jumping ship because they know this conservatorship is going sideways at a rapid speed.

Is Britney going to be allowed to choose her new attorney?

By the way, it's gross that it is Britney's money that is paying for her father/father's lawyers to fight against her in court.

I wonder if so many are jumping ship due to the prospect of working for Britney without a conservator.   That could be very challenging.  

• Love 5
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if so many are jumping ship due to the prospect of working for Britney without a conservator.   That could be very challenging.  

She’s stated that she wants to retire or at least take a ton of time off.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 8:15 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I doubt it. The manager said he hadn’t even spoken to Britney in two and a half years. The lawyers and financial group would have no reason to work with her without a conservator. These aren’t the people who would be in her life if the conservatorship ends. 

More than likely it’s because the New York Times article ripped them to shreds in a way that is much harder to defend since the source wasn’t Britney. Having someone who was there and supported the conservatorship blow the lid off of it. I imagine the Netflix documentary will say the same things but will get more attention because of the format. 

Edited by Guest
On 7/6/2021 at 2:00 PM, Dani said:

Speaking, of celebrities and horse jumping. Kaley Cuoco has become very involved in the sport. She competes and now breeds horses. Her husband rides professionally. Her in-laws are the founders of Intuit so they definitely have the resources to compete. 

I think she's been riding since she was a kid, so she's always been at least somewhat involved.

• Love 6
(edited)
20 hours ago, letter8358 said:

There is actually more to the Colin Jost and Scarlett Johansson relationship

That's a very interesting read and reading about the SNL antics, I am not surprised at all.

I had to laugh at the writer of that article saying ScarJo is their shipper name. You would think anyone who writes an article on Scarlett Johansson would know that doesn’t refer to Jost in the slightest. 

Edited by Guest
21 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Eh, I say have at it. Remake the bad stuff, not the good stuff.

It’s also an interesting bad movie. There are some great parts but people ignore them because it was such a box office flop!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s also an interesting bad movie. There are some great parts but people ignore them because it was such a box office flop!

Same goes double for Ishtar (IMO, it's not great, but it is absolutely not as terrible as its reputation). Poor Elaine May didn't direct again for nearly 30 years after that.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Same goes double for Ishtar (IMO, it's not great, but it is absolutely not as terrible as its reputation). Poor Elaine May didn't direct again for nearly 30 years after that.

If you are an Elaine May fan, I highly recommend the Mark Harris biography of Mike Nichols (particularly the audio book).

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 1:39 PM, RealHousewife said:

Congrats to them. They're such a gorgeous couple. 

Whenever I read Colin Jost my mind sees Colin Quinn and I find myself confused. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Being in the public eye can bring a lot of negative feedback.  Very brave of Valerie to share her reaction.  

https://pagesix.com/2021/07/09/valerie-bertinelli-blasts-trolls-who-criticized-her-weight/

Agree but I think now that she's 60-something and seems to have a stable career and can more or less call her own shots these days, Miss Bertinelli likely feels she has nothing to lose by calling out having had to endure past flak. It's good to see that she's taking a more emotionally healthy approach than in times past (e.g. in her first autobio, she actually noted her bodyweight for virtually every single life event she'd had from her early teens onward).

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 7/5/2021 at 8:05 AM, Blergh said:

I have to wonder if Miss Alyssa Scott truly believes she's gaining anything besides the chance to be a single parent to a child whose male DNA Donor has been known to not married the mothers of at least four previous offspring! Yes, I believe Mr. Cannon is being rather irresponsible and   inconsiderate to all his offspring (including those by his ex-wife Miss Carey) but it's not as though he's completely hidden his track record under a bushel. 

Regardless, I hope the children are somehow healthy and happy despite IMO their parents not having made the most pragmatic or brilliant choices re co-parents. 

I think these women probably are not delusional about what kind of partner/co-parent Nick Cannon will be. I think they thought he was cute, and he was offering free sperm, they wanted the babies NOT him. (besides Mariah who did marry and then divorced him)

Brittany Bell with whom he has an older child and the baby this year, likely just wanted her kids to all have the same bio dad and thus had the second child. I am sure Nick's ego is huge that he has so many bio children, there are lots of men like him out there, but Nick does have the funds to at least support 7 kids in a decent manner. 

It's possible the last one thinks she is "special" and they are going to be together, but likely not.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I think I was the only person in the theater laughing during Ishtar. Warren Beatty's southern character couldn't pronounce "shrimp". He kept saying "srimp" and was always corrected by Dustin Hoffman's character. I was living in Raleigh at the time and had friends who couldn't pronounce the "sh" in shrimp.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think these women probably are not delusional about what kind of partner/co-parent Nick Cannon will be. I think they thought he was cute, and he was offering free sperm, they wanted the babies NOT him. (besides Mariah who did marry and then divorced him)

Brittany Bell with whom he has an older child and the baby this year, likely just wanted her kids to all have the same bio dad and thus had the second child. I am sure Nick's ego is huge that he has so many bio children, there are lots of men like him out there, but Nick does have the fund to at least support 7 kids in a decent manner. 

It's possible the last one thinks she is "special" and they are going to be together, but likely not.

I guess it is cheaper then going to a sperm bank.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3

Did we talk about Lio Tipton coming out as nonbinary? I don't remember. I remember them from ANTM (though I don't remember anything about that cycle) and I was one of the few people who watched Manhattan Love Story. Good for them. Although they've had a bit of success, I think it's early enough in their career for the name change to not have much of an impact. 

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/lio-tipton-non-binary-1234987838/

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Hillary Baldwin is now claiming to 'culturally fluid'. Except no, because her parents are not from different cultures, she was not raised multicultural, did not grow up in multiple countries, and saying you're Spanish because you've vacationed there and like it doesn't count. And the term code switching already exists to cover that idea.

I don't see the difference between culturally fluid, race fluid, or gender fluid.  You either have to accept all or none.

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Katy M said:
12 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Hillary Baldwin is now claiming to 'culturally fluid'. Except no, because her parents are not from different cultures, she was not raised multicultural, did not grow up in multiple countries, and saying you're Spanish because you've vacationed there and like it doesn't count. And the term code switching already exists to cover that idea.

I don't see the difference between culturally fluid, race fluid, or gender fluid.  You either have to accept all or none.

No, I don't. Gender fluidity actually exists. Cultural and race fluidity do not.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, aradia22 said:

She's trying to gaslight everyone and instead just compounding how offensive she's being. 

She thinks the public is too stoopid to figure out that she’s an enormous con. Soon she’ll say she was Spanish in a past life (perhaps the Spanish princess married to Henry VIII) and that’s what is coming through now. 

I knew about this scam a long time ago because I live in MA and one of Hilary’s classmates stated publicly in a newspaper or some other platform that Hilary changed her name, WAS NOT Spanish, grew up in a Boston suburb and never had an accent throughout high school.

• Love 16

Soon she’ll say she was Spanish in a past life (perhaps the Spanish princess married to Henry VIII) and that’s what is coming through now. 

If she comes for Catherine of Aragon, the gloves come off. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I don;t understand why she does not simply say she is a Hispanophile and  is obsessed with the culture, language and history of Spain?  Not hard.  Lots of people become enamored of a culture not their own and become immersed in it without trying to put it on like a costume and wear it to present themselves as a member of it. 

Yup. I have a white friend who really loves Latin culture. She's attracted to Latin men. She  loves Spanish music and salsa dancing. She doesn't go around pretending to be Latina. 

• Love 14

Gender is a social construct and sexuality is a spectrum, so gender fluid is absolutely valid. Pretending to be of another race or culture, if you have not ever been part of it, is another story. If she was from a white, WASP background and actually grew up in Spain I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 22