Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Why would the people who were controlling her social media be posting complaining about the people who were controlling her?

The description I heard about her social media when it was controlled was that it was a mix of wanting her to seem well (basically happy to perform and not trapped) but also erratic and loopy (to show why she needed the conservatorship). Thus, the story about her burning down her gym with a candle or whatever. I haven't watched any of it myself. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

Nothing Britney has posted so far is any worse than what Kanye posts. 

Or Joe Exotic. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Thus, the story about her burning down her gym with a candle or whatever.

She made a video saying that she did it and then TMZ reported that it didn't happen. It certainly looked all her.

What I don't get is she said she can't do this and can't do that. She can't go to the beach and such but she has posted and we have seen pictures of her on the beach or in Hawaii. I can't say I don't believe anything she says but I do take it all with a big whole grain of salt. I tend to not believe her more than I believe her.

I also wonder about things like "I can't have coffee".  I know people who can't have coffee and it's not because someone is controlling what they drink. It's because a doctor has told them that they can't have coffee because it's bad for their health or can't with their medication. I wonder if that is the case here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, bobalina said:

But Britney’s  people care about her ( even if only for the money). Who does Kanye have?

If they only care about her for the money than they don’t give a shit about her as a person. Kanye has a lot of people in his circle who have been around before the Kardashians.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, aradia22 said:

The description I heard about her social media when it was controlled was that it was a mix of wanting her to seem well (basically happy to perform and not trapped) but also erratic and loopy (to show why she needed the conservatorship). Thus, the story about her burning down her gym with a candle or whatever. I haven't watched any of it myself. 

Her posts now are openly embracing #freeBritney. The idea that the people who are controlling her would make those posts makes no sense to me. 

11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Agree. It's her life and her money. I don't think she'll ever go broke, but I'm honestly surprised she doesn't have more of it if it's been tightly controlled for so long. Was she really that bad a spender? Britney is well-known to snack on Cheetos, eat McDonald's food, and shop at Walmart. She's never struck me as someone who spent crazy money. 

8 hours ago, Dani said:

Of course, that is under the control of the conservatorship and she spends more money supporting the conservatorship than she does on herself. 

Just getting rid of the conservatorship will get her a lot of money she's losing now

2 hours ago, bobalina said:

But Britney’s  people care about her ( even if only for the money). Who does Kanye have? A Kardashian?

Not anymore he doesn't. It makes you wonder when someone like Kanye is still walking around free ( and he was also held on a 5150 ) while Britney is under a conservatorship. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I'm not into sports but am fascinated by Olympics-related chaos/nonsense. This was unexpected, though: Cornelius resigns from Tokyo Olympics gig after history of school bullying resurfaces

Japanese musician Cornelius—real name Keigo Oyamada—resigned from the creative team for the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics after interviews from the mid-1990s resurfaced in which the composer proudly admits to brutally bullying classmates with disabilities for years. This comes days before the opening ceremony of the contentious Olympic Games. Many people questioned Oyamada’s role of overseeing the music for the Olympics and Paralympics.

The abuse he inflicted on his classmates is truly horrific.

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

Why was he not arrested?!?  That went beyond bullying to assault, and his apology is worthless.  “Bully” is too nice a word for what he did.

Yea I read that article and at first after reading the headline about bullying I was expecting like wedgies and locking people in their lockers. This was physical/sexual assault. Calling it bullying is stupid.

Plus if it is the Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremonies we are talking about, why not just get Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Super Mario brothers and Legend of Zelda to produce the damn thing?

• Love 10
10 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

The Tokyo Olympics is an all around hot mess. 

There's enough troubles behind the Olympics to write a small book about them.

Most notably the fact that there's barely any infrastructure outside of major cities needed to host the Olympics - which means they cannot possibly choose different cities each year as they have been doing since the modern games inception.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I haven’t been able to look past the rocket to see Jeff’s cowboy hat.  Talk about overcompensating.

Rockets have always looked phallic. But that one more than most. Which is why we should invent artificial gravity. Do you want the Millennium Falcon or a giant dick? It's no contest.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

We. Do. Not. Deserve. Dolly Parton.   

Just love her.   

I always wanted to go Dolly Wood I heard it was fun and the food is great and not as nearly expensive as Disney

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I always wanted to go Dolly Wood I heard it was fun and the food is great and not as nearly expensive as Disney

My family went a couple weeks ago.   Had a great time but they are suffering from a severe employee shortage and as a result, many of the food venues had reduced hours or were closed altogether.  I don't know that it impacted the shows, but I felt that a couple of the rides were down randomly and I wondered if it wasn't personnel related instead of maintenance.   

The cinnamon bread and the fireworks/drone show both live up to the hype.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I haven’t gone, but my parents did a few years ago and were delighted when Dolly made an impromptu appearance by coming on stage and singing a song and thanking everyone for coming to visit!  It made their year! 

• Love 17
On 7/20/2021 at 8:09 PM, Kawaiiko said:

Most notably the fact that there's barely any infrastructure outside of major cities needed to host the Olympics - which means they cannot possibly choose different cities each year as they have been doing since the modern games inception.

Well. 

Brisbane has been chosen as a city for the 2032 Games. Clearly the powers that be have no intention of slowing down.

Here's an article with some more info.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, letter8358 said:

Robin Williams' son, Zak, says his father's misdiagnosis frustrated his own father

Fucking sad. And I didn't know his son, Zak, struggled with mental issues after Williams' suicide...it makes it all the more tragic.

Of course the sad irony is that I have to wonder if the rest of the family might have become so focused on the older Mr. Williams's downward spiral that the younger one's angst might not have been addressed or even noticed. Please understand that I am NOT blaming any member of the Williams family for what happened with the younger Mr. Williams but it's not uncommon for families who   witness  major catastrophes from one family member to not even think that others within could also have their own anguish. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, katie9918 said:

He has every right to not support discrimination in any form.

Sure he does and people have the right to call him an idiot for being an anti-vaxer. Just like they have the right to call him a hypocrite for caring about discrimination now. 

7 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Except his own racist discrimination?   Cuz he is the same Eric Clapton that said this:

WTF?! When did he say that - sometime in the 1850s? He’s always seemed like a dick, and Layla isn’t that great of a song.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Britney Spears regains the right to drive herself...and is promptly photographed driving and using her cell phone at the same time. Which is of course, illegal, and also comes one day after her boyfriend got into a car accident.

My car is not even close to costing $155,000, & when I drive I take calls through my radio. I'm sure Britney's car must be able to do the same. Also, is she stupid????? Does she think her father isn't keeping a list of everything she fucks up to prove she still needs to be under a conservatorship?

4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Except his own racist discrimination?   Cuz he is the same Eric Clapton that said this:

HO.LY SHIT. When did this asshole go from cool rock god, to this completely worthless piece of crap?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, GaT said:

HO.LY SHIT. When did this asshole got from cool rock god, to this completely worthless piece of crap?

It's not really new, though. As someone earlier in the thread posted, he was spouting off incredibly racist bullshit even back in the 70s. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, GaT said:

Also, is she stupid????? Does she think her father isn't keeping a list of everything she fucks up to prove she still needs to be under a conservatorship?

Whether she needs to be under a conservatorship and her father being her conservator are two separate issues. Using a cell phone while driving isn’t evidence that she needs to be under a conservatorship. 

11 minutes ago, GaT said:

When did this asshole got from cool rock god, to this completely worthless piece of crap?

At least as early as 1976, when the racist quotes are from; nothing new, but every time it's repeated, it shocks more of the audience who only knows him as a guitar god and is reading/hearing it for the first time.

He doubled down for decades, and then in recent years blamed his "semi-racist" comments on substance abuse, pulling out the old "I have Black friends, dated Black women, and championed Black music" defense (ridiculous on its own, but also whitewashing his appropriation of Black music) yet still writing the whole thing off as funny. 

Clapton has been a known asshole for a long time; this Covid-specific nutbaggery was first revealed last year, but the overall attitude is well established. 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Holy racist batman! I had no idea Eric Clapton ever said any of that. I just knew his "Wonderful Tonight" song. Ugh, can't enjoy that anymore. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Dani said:

Whether she needs to be under a conservatorship and her father being her conservator are two separate issues. Using a cell phone while driving isn’t evidence that she needs to be under a conservatorship. 

No, but one of her complaints was that she was too controlled. Now the first thing she has done is give him something to show why she was controlled, because the first thing the idiot did was break the law. I mean seriously, what the hell was she thinking???? This was such a dumb ass move. How can she not understand that she has to be careful about what she does?

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Zella said:

Agreed. What she did was stupid and illegal, but if it was grounds for being under a conservatorship, I assume a fair percentage of Americans would be at the mercy of one. 

Exactly. This reminds me of the incident with driving with her baby on her lap. I looked at both and thought "Britney, no!!!" But people act like she's the first adult to make mistakes. With the the baby on her lap incident, she was a young new mom and doing what she grew up seeing as a country girl. I'm all for constructive criticism, especially regarding the safety of children, but the attacks on her were crazy. We are not born knowing how to do things, and we pick up bad habits from our parents/surroundings. Something that seems common sense for most people may not seem common sense to a person who grew up differently.

With this cell phone incident, correct me if I'm wrong, but I read Britney hasn't had the right to drive for 15 years. I think a lot of us would make mistakes driving if we went so long being denied that right and technology had changed as well. As mentioned above, regular folks do dumb things. We get stopped by police, get tickets, learn, and hopefully not repeat the mistakes. Luckily the world isn't watching our every move. Britney is going to mess up. The mess-ups don't mean she is a stupid person or that she shouldn't have the right to drive or her father should control everything. The best of us will do stupid things. I'd hate to be defined by my boneheaded moments. I'm a casual Britney fan and didn't follow everything as closely as the hardcore fans. I had no idea how badly she really was treated until recently. I regret not taking Chris Crocker seriously and feel I owe him an apology. He was right. Leave Britney alone. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 18
Just now, RealHousewife said:

I'm a casual Britney fan and didn't follow everything as closely as the hardcore fans. I had no idea how badly she really was treated until recently. I regret not taking Chris Crocker seriously and feel I owe him an apology. He was right. Leave Britney alone. 

Yeah I'm not even a fan, but I have been rather appalled by all the details that have emerged about her situation. If I went back in time and told 1990s preteen me that I'd be posting multiple comments defending Britney's right to make bad decisions in the year of our Lord 2021, 90s me would be so mystified.  

• Love 23
(edited)
45 minutes ago, GaT said:

No, but one of her complaints was that she was too controlled. Now the first thing she has done is give him something to show why she was controlled, because the first thing the idiot did was break the law. I mean seriously, what the hell was she thinking???? This was such a dumb ass move. How can she not understand that she has to be careful about what she does?

I really hope that her being photographed on a cell phone while driving won’t determine anything in the conservatorship. Her accusations have her father controlling things he is legally not allowed to control and drugging her. If he is able to stay a conservator that photo shouldn’t play a role at all. 

It certainly shouldn’t be a factor in if the conservatorship ends or not. That should be based entirely on her mental competence and making bad decision isn’t enough to be considered legally incompetent. 

As for it being a dumb ass move it is from a safety standpoint but not really in terms of needing to not be photographed. The way that she is followed is absurd. She should have the expectation of privacy when driving on the road in a car with tinted windows. 

14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

With this cell phone incident, correct me if I'm wrong, but I read Britney hasn't had the right to drive for 15 years.

No. She’s been photographed before driving. She’s also been photographed before on her cell phone while driving. I think the driving restriction started around the time she quit performing. 

Edited by Guest

I don't think it's right that anyone in Britney's family gets a penny of her money.   From what she says, they're all living off of her, and that's wrong.     The family members should get off their butts and make their own money, but they never will unless their access to her money is stopped.       If she gets the conservatorship ended, or gets conservators that aren't related to her family, then she should cut all of them off, and never look back.    If she really retires from performing, then buy a nice place far from her family, and don't let them near her again.    

• Love 14