Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Katy M said:

And apparently he carried hot sauce around just for this purpose?  Hot sauce is red? Wouldn't she see it? Ihope this goes to court, just because I'm interested to see how it comes out.  She could make a case that by pouring hot sauce on the condom he was showing that he had every reason to believe that she was going to do what she did, so this is kind of like those cases where people set deadly traps for burglars.

Yes, when she pulled the condom out of the garbage she should have seen it. I can't imagine what she thought she was looking at, did she think sperm changed colors in the condom?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Bliss said:

Is there anyone who can explain the "attraction" (I struggled to find an apt word) with respect to Pete Davidson?

While I'm at it... I'd also like to know the same about Machine Gun Kelly...

Maybe I'm just old?

For me, Pete's cute, tall, funny, self-deprecating, loves his mom, seems like a nice guy and fun to be around. 

And because I don't feel like being ladylike today, he's rumored to have a big one. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, GaT said:

Yes, when she pulled the condom out of the garbage she should have seen it. I can't imagine what she thought she was looking at, did she think sperm changed colors in the condom?

Maybe it was a black condom and she didn’t see what color the contents were.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

For me, Pete's cute, tall, funny, self-deprecating, loves his mom, seems like a nice guy and fun to be around. 

And because I don't feel like being ladylike today, he's rumored to have a big one. 

It's not about the size, it's knowing how to use it.  😉

That being said, I will also forgo being ladylike and say it--Pete is willing to go down on a woman and not stop until she comes maybe even multiple times.  He probably also knows how to use his fingers.  Goofy looking funny guys don't have the luxury of just laying there while she does all the work or only pumping until he's climaxed and she is left unsatisfied.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It's not about the size, it's knowing how to use it.  😉

That being said, I will also forgo being ladylike and say it--Pete is willing to go down on a woman and not stop until she comes maybe even multiple times.  He probably also knows how to use his fingers.  Goofy looking funny guys don't have the luxury of just laying there while she does all the work or only pumping until he's climaxed and she is left unsatisfied.  

Pete Davidson reminds me of Matthew Perry, who, despite being goofy and funny, was quite popular with the ladies in his younger days, I suspect for this very reason.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Pete Davidson reminds me of Matthew Perry, who, despite being goofy and funny, was quite popular with the ladies in his younger days, I suspect for this very reason.

I never thought the Friends cast was as hot as everyone else thought (just not my personal taste), but I do think Matthew Perry was an objectively handsome man even if he isn't my type. I didn't get why he was just the goofy guy on Friends (at least my impression on the episodes I've seen). I would have cast him as the handsome sarcastic one. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I just assume it's a "you have to know him" situation.  I know many of us are confused but I just have to think it's that he's probably more charismatic in person.  He may make these women laugh.  Or feel comfortable.  Maybe he's good in bed.

The thing is, though, I don't even want to get coffee with that moldy-looking dude. (I saw something recently that said that Pete Davidson looks like what Beetlejuice must have looked like when he was alive, and I fully agree.) I'd never find out if he's good in bed. 

But hey, I don't think Jason Momoa is attractive, either! 😃

But mainly, I want to say that it can't be *only* that he's good in bed. People are presumably wanting to get in bed with him for reasons other than they heard he was good in bed. Or is he the durian of sex? People just ignore the unappealing package?

In sum, I don't see why anyone's attracted to him, but to each their own, and he seems like a nice enough person, so good for him. I think my husband's a fox, but I'm sure there are people who think he's unattractive.

And anyway, people become more physically attractive the more you like their personality. Maybe he'd stop seeming so creepy if I met him.

I did not realize I had so much to say about Pete Davidson.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

That being said, I will also forgo being ladylike and say it--Pete is willing to go down on a woman and not stop until she comes maybe even multiple times.  He probably also knows how to use his fingers. 

be56e85791b4ff1bdfc805c3062308c3.png

Edited by MissAlmond
52 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't either.

I think Jason Momoa is absolutely gorgeous, but I do prefer more of a boy next door look. I don't find many people unattractive, some more my type than others. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Tiffany Haddish arrested for DUI after falling asleep in car.

That link is to an article about a Justified sequel.  Here's an article about Haddish:

Tiffany Haddish was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Georgia early Friday morning, PEOPLE has confirmed.

The 42-year-old comedian was arrested by Peachtree City police officers at about 4 a.m. for a suspected DUI and improper stopping on a roadway, according to TMZ. Haddish posted a bond and left jail at about 6:30 a.m., the outlet reports.

Police received a call for a driver who had fallen asleep at the wheel, and officers pulled Haddish over as her car allegedly matched the description of the vehicle they were looking for, TMZ reports.

Authorities allege the actress had been smoking marijuana, according to the outlet.

Representatives for Haddish did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

This comes as the Girls Trip actress has experienced a difficult last few weeks with four deaths in her personal life: her grandmother (who raised her), her pet dog, and close friends Bob Saget and Carl Craig.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Take, for example, Neve Campbell, who, at 17, was attacked by a bear while shooting a movie. [...] Campbell explains that she was playing a role where her character is “one with the animals,” and there’s a scene where she gets chased by a bear. Naturally, they brought an actual, live bear on set. Before shooting, Campbell was instructed to feed the bear a bottle of Coke. Why? Who knows! Maybe so the bear thought she was its mommy? Afterward, they did a practice run of the scene. Campbell said she was told to “dip your hand in honey and just run. And when you get to the tree over there, turn your hand out and feed the bear.” Once again, why? Who thought that was a good idea? Also, bears actually like honey?? “I, of course, wanting to please everyone, was like, ‘Okay!’” she said. “I dipped my hand in honey and I run to this rock,” she continued, “and I turn around and I put my hand out and the bear is not slowing down and he’s not coming for my hand.” A fun thing about bears is that they don’t know literally anything about acting because they are bears. Campbell said the bear grabbed her by the leg and pulled her through the forest. “My mother was visiting set and she’s screaming. The whole crew is frozen because nobody can believe what’s happening,” she said. “All I can think to say is, ‘He’s biting me,’ like it’s not obvious.” [...] Eventually, the animal wrangler was able to stop the bear by throwing rocks at it, and Campbell was able to climb up a rock to safety. Fortunately, she suffered no life-threatening injuries. 

https://www.thecut.com/2022/01/neve-campbell-bear-attack-movie-set.html

What in the actual fuck?

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I never thought the Friends cast was as hot as everyone else thought (just not my personal taste), but I do think Matthew Perry was an objectively handsome man even if he isn't my type. I didn't get why he was just the goofy guy on Friends (at least my impression on the episodes I've seen). I would have cast him as the handsome sarcastic one. 

I was a Friends fan and I always thought Chandler was the cute one not Joey.   And he was funny.  My kind of a guy.

I don't think Jason Momoa is all that.  He is attractive if that is your type but he just isn't my type.

• Love 12

I do scratch my head over Davidson but say to each their own.  Momoa is hot to me but I have a thing for bad (looking) boys (that can clean up well imo--versatility). Someone mentioned Machine Gun Kelly. I find him attractive but can see why some don't. Again, to each their own. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Pretty low bar isn't it?  Gilbert Gottfried would be a breath of fresh air compared to Kanye.

Oh I don't dispute that at all. As I said, I don't get Pete Davidson's appeal. But Kanye seems like a uniquely exhausting person to be married to/in a relationship with. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 15
On 1/14/2022 at 8:34 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see why Kim is interested in Pete for a little while.  I see Pete as the exact opposite of Kanye.  Pete is the guy who doesn't demand anything from you while Kanye is the one who never stops demanding.  Kanye sounds exhausting as a partner, and I doubt his is good in bed.  Kanye is the guy who expects to receive and never reciprocates.  

You may be right but I have a feeling that the same thing that attracted Kim to Kanye attracted her to Pete. I find it telling that she immediately went into another relationship with someone with high profile mental health issues. I don’t follow Kim at all but it sounds to me like the pattern of someone who is a rescuer.

I have no doubt that Pete is a much better person but seems to be exhausting in his own way. Him and Kanye are high on my list of celebrities that make me very nervous for a tragic ending so I find it interesting that Kim is linked to both of them. 

21 minutes ago, Dani said:

You may be right but I have a feeling that the same thing that attracted Kim to Kanye attracted her to Pete. I find it telling that she immediately went into another relationship with someone with high profile mental health issues. I don’t follow Kim at all but it sounds to me like the pattern of someone who is a rescuer.

I have no doubt that Pete is a much better person but seems to be exhausting in his own way. Him and Kanye are high on my list of celebrities that make me very nervous for a tragic ending so I find it interesting that Kim is linked to both of them. 

I did notice that too. 

Same. I wish both men the best. 

I'm not the rescuer type myself. I struggle so much just dealing with being me. I can understand seeing good in someone and wanting to save them though.

Pete is so much younger, I'm sure he's just Mr. Right Now for Kim. 

• Love 10

Kim does not strike me as the "rescuer" type.   that would involve thinking of someone other than yourself.   I don't think she thought that deeply about these guys.   Kanye was to boost her career and because quite frankly he wanted her and pursued her.   It was her ego that "I am so great I can get Kanye West."   With Pete Davidson, its probably more a "hey he's available and he won't try to control me, whew."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Kim does not strike me as the "rescuer" type.   that would involve thinking of someone other than yourself.   I don't think she thought that deeply about these guys.   Kanye was to boost her career and because quite frankly he wanted her and pursued her.   It was her ego that "I am so great I can get Kanye West."   With Pete Davidson, its probably more a "hey he's available and he won't try to control me, whew."

Rescuing people is often an extremely egotistical act. Just look at the Messiah complex or how many firefighters are arsonists. 

Edited by Guest
38 minutes ago, Dani said:

Rescuing people is often an extremely egotistical act. Just like at the Messiah complex or how many firefighters are arsonists. 

Yeah, with her I don't think it's so much about saving the guy as it is about bragging about her being the one woman who can save him. This is sadly a mindset that some women have (brought on by years of conditioning), that they are special/valuable if they are the one to "tame the bad boy". I think the Kardashian family have a lot of issues so it makes sense that Kim would gravitate to men with a lot of issues. We tend to go with what we know/are used to. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, Dani said:

Rescuing people is often an extremely egotistical act. Just like at the Messiah complex or how many firefighters are arsonists. 

I do think Kim cares about people, and I also think it's possible it could be coincidental she's gotten with men who have mental health issues.

But you got a point there! I've noticed this with men. Some of the most mean, nasty men still love the idea of being heroes. "I'd protect you. I'd defend you. I'd save you if blah blah happened." Okay, great, who's going to protect me from you in the meantime?! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 1/14/2022 at 5:12 PM, aradia22 said:

1. NO FUCKING WAY. I wouldn't even act in a scene where a bear minded its own business on the opposite end of a football field from me, let alone one in which it chased me and my delectable honey hand.

2. All the bear wrangler can do is throw rocks at it? I'm assuming it's rocks they picked up off the ground and not a supply of failsafe rocks they brought with them, so basically the bear wrangler was completely unprepared. I would have thought they would have some sort of tranquilizer gun. This would have been 30 years ago now, so hopefully people are more prepared these days.

• Love 11
On 1/14/2022 at 8:12 PM, aradia22 said:

I mean, there are bears which are trained to interact with humans on movie & tv sets, but I don't think this is how it works.  The animal wrangler sounds incredibly incompetent.  That's just crazy.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:33 AM, Luckylyn said:

Pete Davidson Heartthrob: Why the hotness gap is BS

What any one individual finds attractive varies a great deal, but to me, Pete Davidson's appeal is inexplicable, and there is a huge hotness gap between him and some of the women he's previously dated.  Now, I don't get the appeal of Kim Kardashian either, so no gap there, imo.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I mean, there are bears which are trained to interact with humans on movie & tv sets, but I don't think this is how it works.  The animal wrangler sounds incredibly incompetent.  That's just crazy.

Yeah my first thought was they must have been too cheap to hire Bart and his trainer. I've never heard anything about him being unruly or dangerous. It sounds like they just went with a random bear, which is very dumb.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

What any one individual finds attractive varies a great deal, but to me, Pete Davidson's appeal is inexplicable, and there is a huge hotness gap between him and some of the women he's previously dated.  Now, I don't get the appeal of Kim Kardashian either, so no gap there, imo.

Yeah a lot of it is subjective. There are many women who aren't attracted to pretty boys but prefer someone who can make them laugh. Beautiful people can find other beautiful people boring. Pete's humor may not be your cup of tea, but a lot of us find him hilarious. 

Also, I get that Pete's not the quintessential pretty boy type, but I think he is a cutie. When I think of an unattractive, I think of Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby. Don't want to call nice men ugly, so I'll just use those monsters as my unattractive examples. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Pete's humor may not be your cup of tea, but a lot of us find him hilarious. 

I think humour is as subjective as looks. I don't like his looks or his humour. That doesn't mean he's not attractive or funny, just, as you say, not my cuppa. Then, admittedly, my tastes are pretty all over the place and odd. 

I can't stand Kim K either, so I hope they will be very happy together. This way they won't date people I do like so I can go on ignoring them both. LOL

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

Not that anyone asked, I actually think Kim K. is physically beautiful despite whatever shortcomings she may have. Though I do not find Pete attractive and do not care for Kim (don't hate her either), I agree with hoping they are happy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

Not that anyone asked, I actually think Kim K. is physically beautiful despite whatever shortcomings she may have.

Pre-Sex tape, Pre-Kardashian juggernaut, Pre-Plastic looking 'perfection' -- back when she first came on the scene as a friend/hanger-on of Paris Hilton when Paris was the famous one, I thought Kim was stunning.  I always thought Paris faded into blandness beside her in pictures  when you'd see them photo'd together because Kim's looks just seemed to pop.  Now... to me she looks so artificial, it is disconcerting.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I think humour is as subjective as looks. I don't like his looks or his humour. That doesn't mean he's not attractive or funny, just, as you say, not my cuppa. Then, admittedly, my tastes are pretty all over the place and odd. 

I can't stand Kim K either, so I hope they will be very happy together. This way they won't date people I do like so I can go on ignoring them both. LOL

For sure. Like I don't get Blake Shelton's appeal. Maybe it's because I think he's a bigot? IDK, but he just looks like a normal dude to me.  

3 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Pre-Sex tape, Pre-Kardashian juggernaut, Pre-Plastic looking 'perfection' -- back when she first came on the scene as a friend/hanger-on of Paris Hilton when Paris was the famous one, I thought Kim was stunning.  I always thought Paris faded into blandness beside her in pictures  when you'd see them photo'd together because Kim's looks just seemed to pop.  Now... to me she looks so artificial, it is disconcerting.

I think Kim is still a beautiful woman, but it's sad someone so naturally pretty felt the need to do anything. Nature was so right on with her imo.

Kim as a little girl, so precious

6875141_1418936179.jpg

Kim beautiful with & without makeup 

hbz-kim-k-beauty-transformation-2006-get

5d0a31e12100002120f38c3b.jpeg?ops=scalef

She never needed to change a thing. 

• Love 18

One of Roseanne Barr's daughters has written a biography. It's not being called a tell-all but it's about growing up in her dysfunctional family so yeah, it will tell all.

Neither Becky nor Darlene had to manage a public life because of their mother’s fame. There were no crash diets as they didn’t struggle with their weight. They lived at home through their teen years, and when they sneaked boys into their house, the boys got to stay and become a part of the family. They suffered no PTSD or mental illness in the form of anxiety disorders. Neither of them had been indoctrinated into a cult, OD’d, or spent a year or more in a private mental health facility. They were lightweight, PG versions of us with no complicated backstories. Must be nice.

So I decided to tell my side of the story as a sort of cathartic, self-imposed therapy. Emotionally, it was a nightmare to pull stuff out of the nice little box I had it packed up in and look at it.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2

Finding the right place to Zoom in your home is tricky — there’s always something embarrassing in the background, like your messy pile of totes or your giant T. rex skull. At least, such is the case for Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson, who joined a recent episode of the Manning brothers’ ESPN show sitting in front of a little set of shelves housing his tequila and a football. To complete this tableau of masculinity, a hulking dinosaur skull was inexplicably emerging from behind the wall.

[...] 

The real mystery, though, is whether the skull is a real one or merely a pricey replica. His explanation of the skull’s presence goes as follows: “I got a T. rex skull, yeah. That’s Stan. Stan is the most complete T. rex skull ever found by a young paleontologist, and his name was Stan, so this T. rex skull was named after him. Pretty cool and badass, isn’t it?”

Cool and badass, indeed. But is it real? A full dinosaur skeleton named Stan was auctioned off to an anonymous buyer in 2020 for a record-breaking $31.8 million after being dug up by an amateur paleontologist of the same name. However, one of the companies involved in the excavation happens to sell replicas of Stan’s skeleton pieces, meaning you (and maybe the Rock) can put a large dinosaur skull in your home for the substantially lower price of $11,500.

Went to read this article about Dwayne Johnson and was linked to this article about actors collecting fossils. Apparently this is a thing, I guess? I wonder if it's a rich people thing or just a male actor thing.

The latest reminder that possessing extremely dead shit is a live trend came embedded in a conversation between the New York Times’ David Marchese and actor Nicolas Cage. In the interview, published Wednesday, Cage is asked about his spending habits (notoriously, he is out of money), which quickly turns to a meditation on why he had to relinquish a dinosaur skull he bought in 2007.

The dinosaur skull was an unfortunate thing, because I did spend $276,000 on that. I bought it at a legitimate auction and found out it was abducted from Mongolia illegally, and then I had to give it back. Of course it should be awarded to its country of origin. But who knew? Plus, I never got my money back. So that stank.

This pyrrhic victory at auction was only consummated once Cage outbid fellow fossil enthusiast Leonardo DiCaprio. Not one to be deterred from getting what he wants, DiCaprio was spotted inquiring about some dinosaur bones at Art Miami last year. Russell Crowe is also a part of this. In 2018 his Divorce Auction contained a dinosaur skull which he’d purchased from — you already know — Leonardo DiCaprio.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

No Wire Hangers 2.0.  ~Yawn~

Except that IMO the late Miss Crawford tried to present herself as a flawlessly perfect success whereas Miss Barr seemed to present herself as a dysfunctional  but very self-justified  and self-important success. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I'm no fan of him or his shows.   Joss whedon sounds like a real piece of work though.  

https://news.yahoo.com/joss-whedon-speaks-against-gal-234917575.html

What's scary is he COULD be telling the truth when he says, paraphrasing, he feels like he is one of the nicer showrunners

Since it seems you might be interested:  FYI, there's extensive discussion of Whedon going on in the Entertainment Industry Predators thread.  It begins here.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Britney's estate was transferred to her control today, but Jamie Spears and his lawyer asked the judge to file a motion to unseal Britney's health/medical records in response to Britney's filed claims that he bugged her bedroom and tapped her phone, and used surveillance to not only access Britney's therapy notes but any communications she had with (then-lawyer) Sam Ingrahm. 

Am I reading correctly?! I'm glad Britney is in control of her own estate today, but I'm so disgusted by just how much she was violated. Good grief. Was the poor girl allowed to even shower or use the bathroom with some dignity? And who wants their daughter's medical records made public? 

• Love 8