Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

If Chris Rock's joke was so provoking, maybe Will Smith shouldn't have laughed at it first.

Hitting someone onstage during an awards show because you (or in this case, your wife) didn't like a joke is never excusable.

Plus, to me, it would have been more understandable (still not right) if he had been standing right next to Chris when he decided to punch him.  But, he had a few second to cool off as he walked up to the stage.

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Amy Schumer claims she was traumatised by Will Smith slapping Chris Rock, then goes and makes a Rust shooting joke? What the fuck is wrong with her? Joking about a person's death is a thousand times worse than one little slap.

A person who was included in the In Memorium segment, no less.  What an asshole.

• Love 19
46 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Amy Schumer claims she was traumatised by Will Smith slapping Chris Rock, then goes and makes a Rust shooting joke? What the fuck is wrong with her? Joking about a person's death is a thousand times worse than one little slap.

Well, she had to, in order to counter the toxic masculinity.  Apparently.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

“’Don’t Look Up’ is the name of a movie? More like don’t look down the barrel of Alec Baldwin’s shotgun,” Schumer said. “I wasn’t allowed to say any of that [at the Oscars], but you can just come up and [slap] someone.”

It's not even a good joke. It's terribly constructed. What is it with comedians wanting to tell terrible jokes at the Oscars? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
3 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

It's not even a good joke. It's terribly constructed. What is it with comedians wanting to tell terrible jokes at the Oscars? 

Much like the Nightman, they're going for gasps, not laughs.

Edited by Pickles Aplenty
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

I have such mixed feelings when someone I irrationally disliked proves me gut instincts right. I think maybe I was better off just knowing her as that annoying chick on commercials. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Fantastic gag?  LOL!  And it was a joke stolen directly from Twitter:

To be fair, that seems like the kind of joke more than two people could have come up with.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

To be fair, that seems like the kind of joke more than two people could have come up with.

I've definitely heard that joke for at least a couple of years. 

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Anduin said:

Lucky you. Hopefully you never will. But it happens. It isn't even a conscious thought, but it does happen.

I honestly don't understand that kind of knee-jerk reaction. We all have choices. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

I honestly don't understand that kind of knee-jerk reaction. We all have choices. 

You'll understand when you finally blow your top. Anyway, I doubt Will Smith was actually thinking in that moment. It was pure emotion. Probably came as a surprise to him as much as everyone else. And I still feel he was justified.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Seriously. And tend to roll my eyes at anyone saying they were “traumatized” by The Slap. I can think of a million different traumatizing things that have happened (and are still happening) in the past months, including the Rust shooting. The Oscar slap, bad as it was, ain’t one of them.

The people who were on the set of the Rust and Crow shootings were traumatized. 

All the actors & actresses having to deal w/the likes Harvey, Kevin, Matt, Bill, etc were traumatized. 

The people on the Twighlight Zone movie were horrifically traumatized. 

If a slap on your worldwide live TV event makes you traumatized,  you're in the wrong business. 

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Anduin said:

You'll understand when you finally blow your top. Anyway, I doubt Will Smith was actually thinking in that moment. It was pure emotion. Probably came as a surprise to him as much as everyone else. And I still feel he was justified.

I doubt it was surprise to Will Smith considering he stood up, walked up on the stage and slapped Chris Rock.  And looked calm the whole time.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Hitting someone over words is not OK.

And since Will has since apologized I (hope) think he agrees with you.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Zella said:

I've definitely heard that joke for at least a couple of years. 

Yeah, any awards show that Leo attends they make some sort of joke about the women he dates. They used to make them about George Clooney as well, before he got married.

I remember a Golden Globes years ago that Tina and Amy hosted. It was the year Gravity was nominated. They had a pretty good joke about how George Clooney would rather float away and die in space than spend another minute with a woman his own age. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Sigh, thanks for giving me another reason not to bother with watching the Oscars, Amy.

I never cared much for her, but I have this automatic reaction to defend people of certain groups, plus-size women being one of them. So I tend to defend some dumb things she (or Rebel Wilson) says, but I have to give myself a resolution to try to move on from that logic and just consider the comment itself, regardless of who says it. Wish me luck, guys!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JustHereForFood said:

Sigh, thanks for giving me another reason not to bother with watching the Oscars, Amy.

I never cared much for her, but I have this automatic reaction to defend people of certain groups, plus-size women being one of them. So I tend to defend some dumb things she (or Rebel Wilson) says, but I have to give myself a resolution to try to move on from that logic and just consider the comment itself, regardless of who says it. Wish me luck, guys!

Is Amy Schumer plus-sized?  She looks pretty "average" sized to me, for lack of a better word.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

Is Amy Schumer plus-sized?  She looks pretty "average" sized to me, for lack of a better word.

I was surprised to learn that plus sized while technically anything up from either a 16 or 18 can also, depending on the store, also mean size 12 and  14.   Add that to Amy Schumer being in the field of entertainment and she probably is plus sized. where if you aren't thin they  put you on a diet!

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

She’s not in reality but the entertainment industry is so distorted she is considered plus size. 

Edited by Guest
23 minutes ago, Dani said:

She’s not in reality but entertainment industry is so distorted she is considered plus size. 

She doesn't look plus size to me either. Plus she is probably smaller IRL than she appears on camera. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Pretty sure the dogs didn't mistake it for anything other than a cat.

image.thumb.png.711bcd2f6d39cc9d3d86f24282d12cd5.png

Yeah, that's a pretty bizarre, and unnecessary, claim.  Dogs aren't people who can't tell anything at all with the lights out.  They can smell who is who.   They're not going to mistake the sound of a person walking with a cat.  And it's not like the dogs told her they thought it was an intruder.  But, they're dogs and they killed a cat.  This isn't a crime that needs some big cover up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I checked the Clark County marriage license bureau and there's no record of it. All licenses are public, which is how Britney's marriage got out almost instantly. Unless there's a delay in uploading now. Or they just went through a ceremony without having an actual license, which makes it not legally a marriage.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I recently read that Schumer says she weighs 170 pounds.  This was after after her recent plastic surgery on her body, which she announced she is happy with.  

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/amy-schumer-shows-off-weight-loss-after-liposuction-surgery-pic/

Reading that, I'm astonished she tried for a second baby. Her pregnancy was one of the roughest I've seen. Her documentary on HBO, Expecting Amy, is worth watching.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if you have to be sober to get the marriage license issued. ( I’ve never been to Vegas.  Not even for Donny and Marie.  Lol)

I thought I read many years ago that Vegas stopped issuing licenses between the hours of midnight - 6:00 am in an effort to curb the drunken impromptu weddings. However, in Vegas, one can easily be drunk at any hour of the day...

• Useful 11
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if you have to be sober to get the marriage license issued. ( I’ve never been to Vegas.  Not even for Donny and Marie.  Lol)

You have to at least appear sober. You can only get a marriage license at the courthouse and being obviously drunk there is probably not a good idea. 

9 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

It's been reported there was no license.

And they've confirmed it, so it was basically all for the clicks.

• Love 3