Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

I don't agree with plastic surgery but I'm not going to make fun of her body. But it's just... not scandalous? Instagram is full of models in bikinis. Musicians perform on stage in bodysuits. We've seen butts before. The desperation is in the weak attempt to be provocative. Of course Fallon played along but I honestly don't think most of the other late night hosts would have, except maybe for censors and even then... I don't know if the censors would care with those channels airing awards shows, concerts, beauty pageants, etc. I thought she flashed her breasts. That might have actually gotten her into trouble.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I don't agree with plastic surgery but I'm not going to make fun of her body. But it's just... not scandalous? Instagram is full of models in bikinis. Musicians perform on stage in bodysuits. We've seen butts before. The desperation is in the weak attempt to be provocative. Of course Fallon played along but I honestly don't think most of the other late night hosts would have, except maybe for censors and even then... I don't know if the censors would care with those channels airing awards shows, concerts, beauty pageants, etc. I thought she flashed her breasts. That might have actually gotten her into trouble.

I'm a much bigger prude than most people here. I probably sound like an old lady when I complain about certain songs and music videos, and I don't get the big fuss either tbh. I also thought she must have flashed her breasts by all the comments. For whatever reasons, many pop stars perform in leotards with their butts hanging out. Many of them pose nude. J.Lo is her 50s, and she's (mostly) praised for her ass and never giving sexy a rest. Celebs often show major cleavage on late shows. I don't see a little butt cheek through hosiery anything past PG. 

I also think Madonna has a great body, and I'm not easily impressed. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I don't have any problem with Madonna dressing however she wants, but the way she behaves on these occasions just reeks of desperation and I am kinda embarrassed for her that she apparently thinks that having a decent body is her only raison d'etre.  I've never been a huge fan, but she just seems way too eager to use her body, surgerized or not, for attention.  Most people outgrow that by the time they're out of high school.  Too bad for her that she hasn't.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm a much bigger prude than most people here. I probably sound like an old lady when I complain about certain songs and music videos, and I don't get the big fuss either tbh. 

Me neither.  I think it's fascinating that people get embarrassed or ashamed by it.  SHE clearly doesn't, and it's her body!

For me, Madonna has always had 100% agency over her image and her body.  She wasn't a child star pushed into the spotlight by stage parents.  Her first single came out when she was 24!  So yeah, nothing about it makes me uncomfortable.  This is the person she is.  She's not going to calm down or act different or start being modest.  LOL.  That just won't happen.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Another rumor is that January Jones (Mad Men) child was fathered by Bobby Flay.

There are a lot of rumors about who her baby daddy is. I believe Jason Sudeikis was also once rumored to be the dad. Just like there are rumors with Mindy Kaling's kids. People can't handle that it might not be their business so they start rumors.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Well, January Jones got in a car accident, and the first person she called was Bobby Flay.  While he was still married.  So people found that really weird.  I understand that.

Jason is January's ex, so that "rumour" is less scandalous.  It's more like speculation.  It's cool that January never announced who the father is because it seems kind of revolutionary.  Celebrities always announce it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 8
  • Love 6

I get that Madonna is proud of her body.  And she has a saucy new butt.  Yay her!  But does she need to flash her ass in venues where the ass flashing is just gratuitous?  She's not performing on a stage in her persona as a performer where there is the expectation that she may be provocative.  She already flashed her ass on the Grammy's red carpet a few years ago.  Is there some deep need to show the world her ass cheeks?  Whats next?  At the Macy's Thanksgivings day parade?  While presenting an award at the Oscars?  During the next sit down interview on tv? 

It isn't necessarily about her being body positive, it is about why the need to do it at times and places where it seems questionable to be happening.  There is also the question of discomfiting the people in the room.  Maybe they didn't want to see her ass either.  But there it was.

• Love 24

I watched the show and I don't know if Jimmy Fallon was clued in on her lying on the desk and then flashing the butt cheeks, but he did seem kind of freaked out to me.  He looked like he was afraid she was gonna fall off the desk and it was interesting that he took off his jacket to cover her ass because he didn't want to see it.  Then she flashed those butt cheeks anyway.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Well, January Jones got in a car accident, and the first person she called was Bobby Flay.  While he was still married.  So people found that really weird.  I understand that.

That happened well over a year before she gave birth, though.

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Thanks. I was too lazy to type about the accident.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • LOL 1
39 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I forget, is Jimmy Fallon more family-friendly for a late-night show? 

I watch Jimmy most every night.  It was on when Madonna came on, but I wasn’t  paying attention.  It’s not that I dislike her.   He normally reminds guests of language and stays pretty clean, imo.  I watched the scene later and I think he was playing along with the Madonna thing.  A much better featured guest recently was Queen Latiffa.  She and Jimmy are good friends and their interaction was outstanding. One of the best I’ve ever seen on a talk show.  Worth checking out.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I forget, is Jimmy Fallon more family-friendly for a late-night show? 

Late Night.  Airs at 11:30 pm EST.

Jimmy wasn’t actually freaked out.  That’s his “bit”.  He knows how Madonna is. She always tries to scandalize him a bit.  I’m sure he enjoys it.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Late Night.  Airs at 11:30 pm EST.

Jimmy wasn’t actually freaked out.  That’s his “bit”.  He knows how Madonna is. She always tries to scandalize him a bit.  I’m sure he enjoys it.  

I have friends who are more out there with their humor than I am. There are times I'm like omg! But usually it's more of a playing around type of pearl clutching. IRC, Jimmy pretended to be freaked out by Dolly's joke about her husband not being able to get it up. 

All the late shows I watched growing up had risqué humor, and many guests wouldn't wear a whole lot. I remember Drew Barrymore got up and flashed David Letterman. Unless Jimmy Fallon is night and day from all the rest, I don't see an audience full of the kind of people who would be uncomfortable with Madonna's appearance. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I get that Madonna is proud of her body.  And she has a saucy new butt.  Yay her!  But does she need to flash her ass in venues where the ass flashing is just gratuitous? 

Maybe she's just trying to get her money's worth. lol She's always seemed like the type who needs a LOT of validation from strangers to feel good about herself so I'm not at all surprised she'd do anything for attention but in this day and age, flashing your not even bare ass just seems sad more than sexy or provocative. And the rolling around on the desk seemed more like what your (not yours personally, I don't mean to offend your aunt I've never met) drunk aunt would do towards the end of a wedding that made her feel like a sad old spinster who now has to prove her sexual worth. 

All her "performance" did was make me glad that "sexy" was never one of my defining qualities. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

I don't think it's about family friendly so much as persona. I think all the late night hosts have seen and heard worse than anything that might come up in the celeb interviews. 

Fallon is the one who pretends to be easily startled and shocked. Everything is outrageous or hilarious or whatever. I find it very fake and I avoid watching clips of his show if I can. Corden is a little more genuine but he'll play along. Then there's Seth who can get giggly but he really just listens. And I doubt much shocks Colbert or Kimmel. I've never seen Kimmel be really phased though he'll act interested in a story.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I know Jimmy likes to play pranks with his guests, but it didn't look to me like he enjoyed the Madonna bit.  Differing viewpoints, I guess.

No, he doesn't like to play pranks with his guests.  That's Ellen.  Jimmy plays actual games where everyone's in on the fun.

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

All the late shows I watched growing up had risqué humor, and many guests wouldn't wear a whole lot. I remember Drew Barrymore got up and flashed David Letterman. Unless Jimmy Fallon is night and day from all the rest, I don't see an audience full of the kind of people who would be uncomfortable with Madonna's appearance. 

Yeah, I grew up with that too.  That was iconic.  LOL.  She had him on her new show and discussed it.  Again, that's a person who is totally in control of her own body and image so it doesn't make me cringe.  That was just Drew at the time.  LOL.  

I also grew up in a time where Madonna was on Letterman and broke some kind of record for saying as many curse words that were ever in a television broadcast, or something?  So showing her (completely clothed) ass on Fallon is just nothing to me.  She just lifted her skirt and had on fishnet tights and something covering her.  You only saw like, half a cheek each.  LOL.  If a kid is old enough to watch the show, I think they'll be ok.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I have very few celebrity crushes and dang if y'all aren't trying to quash my Flay moments. Ha.

Bobby is charming and he's a good chef.  Trust me, I get it.   I have a few of his books and I've certainly learned a thing or two from him.

• Love 4

I know five things about Bobby Flay: 1) He's greatly skilled at combining ingredients into fabulous flavor, 2) He loves his cats, 3) He's a somewhat odd mix of arrogant and self-deprecating, 4) He adores his daughter, and 5) He's a serial cheater.

I'm not interested in dating him even as a fantasy (nor would he be interested in dating me, since I look nothing like his parade of blondes), but couldn't swoon over him even if he was my type, knowing what a shit husband he's been.  That doesn't keep me from enjoying his shows.  I'll just also laugh my ass off at the "Cheater" banner flown overhead during his Walk of Fame ceremony.

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
21 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She just lifted her skirt and had on fishnet tights and something covering her.  You only saw like, half a cheek each.  LOL.  If a kid is old enough to watch the show, I think they'll be ok.

I didn't see the show, but since I'm just old enough to remember Madonna coming out with SEX, I'm not the least bit scandalized by half a buttcheek.

Edited by Pickles Aplenty
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I just can't with this girl person anymore

Demi Lovato Says 'Alien' is Offensive When Referring to Extraterrestrials

The pop star made the bizarre plea to us earthlings during an interview with Australian outlet PEDESTRIAN.tv -- in which they say the term "alien" itself is offensive ... even as it pertains to actual would-be aliens from outer space ... who may or may not be zipping around above us.

First it was fat free yogurt, now it's extraterrestrials. You know what's really offensive Demi? Telling people you're "California sober".

3 hours ago, Pickles Aplenty said:

I didn't see the show, but since I'm just old enough to remember Madonna coming out with SEX, I'm not the least bit scandalized by half a buttcheek.

I don't think people were scandalized so much as repulsed. It's a nasty fake butt.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, GaT said:

I just can't with this girl anymore

Demi Lovato Says 'Alien' is Offensive When Referring to Extraterrestrials

First it was fat free yogurt, now it's extraterrestrials. You know what's really offensive Demi? Telling people you're "California sober".

I don't think people were scandalized so much as repulsed. It's a nasty fake butt.

If Lovato has any actual knowledge of what these beings want, I encourage them to share the wealth. If it's just idle nonsense, I encourage them to keep their mouth shut on the matter.

• Love 4
On 10/10/2021 at 7:22 AM, Browncoat said:

Maybe Madonna needs a conservatorship.

I was waiting for that. 🤣

6 hours ago, Anduin said:

If Lovato has any actual knowledge of what these beings want, I encourage them to share the wealth. If it's just idle nonsense, I encourage them to keep their mouth shut on the matter.

They're plugging an upcoming show for the Peacock streaming service, Unidentified, where they and their friends look for Martians. From the article:

No word if aliens have something to say about it themselves -- yes, we're listening, ya'll -- so in the meantime, the word stays. 😤

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

They're plugging an upcoming show for the Peacock streaming service, Unidentified, where they and their friends look for Martians. From the article:

Yeah, sounds like Lovato is either having issues or trolling. Either way, I can't see a reality show leaking the news of alien life before other more trustworthy sources.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Anduin said:

Yeah, sounds like Lovato is either having issues or trolling. Either way, I can't see a reality show leaking the news of alien life before other more trustworthy sources.

I'd  technically agree with you. However, I wouldn't put it past a so-called 'reality' show to try to hype it as though they are about to release 'news' (e.g. "Watch our show to see if aliens from other planets might have visited our world!").

Then, too, there seem to be quite a few shows on Spook Central The Travel Channel that makes claims for ghostly encounters but how much of those aren't self-produced hype and special effects is  debatable. 

• Love 4
On 10/10/2021 at 9:31 PM, Mabinogia said:

Maybe she's just trying to get her money's worth. lol She's always seemed like the type who needs a LOT of validation from strangers to feel good about herself so I'm not at all surprised she'd do anything for attention but in this day and age, flashing your not even bare ass just seems sad more than sexy or provocative. And the rolling around on the desk seemed more like what your (not yours personally, I don't mean to offend your aunt I've never met) drunk aunt would do towards the end of a wedding that made her feel like a sad old spinster who now has to prove her sexual worth. 

All her "performance" did was make me glad that "sexy" was never one of my defining qualities. 

Madonna made a documentary, 'Truth or Dare' some years back as promotion for an album and CD.  There was a lot of sexual innuendo and outright sexual behavior and banter in it.  That is her schtick.

Warren Beatty, who was her partner at the time, appeared in the film.  There is a scene in which he is noticeably perturbed by her insistence that the cameras record every moment and her constant need to perform for attention.  If Warren Beatty thinks she is an attention whore who uses outrageous behavior to keep all eyes on her; I think there is a pretty good chance that that is exactly who Madonna is.

Truth or Dare contains the infamous 'Madonna sucks a bottle' scene.  She'll do anything for attention, it seems.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Blergh said:

I'd  technically agree with you. However, I wouldn't put it past a so-called 'reality' show to try to hype it as though they are about to release 'news' (e.g. "Watch our show to see if aliens from other planets might have visited our world!").

Then, too, there seem to be quite a few shows on Spook Central The Travel Channel that makes claims for ghostly encounters but how much of those aren't self-produced hype and special effects is  debatable. 

I can imagine Elon Musk playing along for a while, but I can't see NASA or other government orgs doing so.

If you check out her (Wendy Williams) thread you will see that many of us have predicted this. We believe she is having issues due to substance abuse and neurosis. I’m glad TPTB have finally agreed to have someone take over the helm of her show. It is doubtful if she will ever return in good form. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

If you check out her (Wendy Williams) thread you will see that many of us have predicted this. We believe she is having issues due to substance abuse and neurosis. I’m glad TPTB have finally agreed to have someone take over the helm of her show. It is doubtful if she will ever return in good form. 

They're claiming it's due to complications from Graves disease which  can cause some pretty serious hormone issues.

• Love 1

I don't have Graves Disease but I am hypothyroid. I can a attest to how messed up you can get when the thyroid is out of whack. BUT. Once on proper medication and your hormones normalize all the symptoms go away. So if she's still having problems she's not taking her meds. Much more likely to be substance abuse.

Break out the skinny ties, Tears for Fears is releasing their first album in 17 years. They both look completely different now. Roland Orzabal also describes his wife more or less drinking herself to death and being her caretaker when she developed alcohol-related dementia. Several of the songs are inspired by this. The first single/video is in the article.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, with all the discussion about Bobby Flay and his future…..I thought I’d post this. I was SHOCKED that he was expecting that kind of money PLUS more options.  Guy gets 80 mil!  They’re talented I guess but that kind of money……🤣.  Bye Bobby.

https://people.com/food/bobby-flay-100-million-contract-negotiations-with-food-network/

Guy Fieri getting $80M epitomizes everything wrong with Food Network right now. He’s known for his over the top personality and not his cooking. I can’t blame those who came to the network based on their actual skills as a chef wanting to paid more than that obnoxious ass. 

Also, the article says that Bobby’s contract would have been longer than Guy’s making it less per year. 

Count me as someone who thinks  that not only did Mr. Flay NOT deserve $100 million but neither did Mr. Fieri (with an 'r') deserve $80 (and I mean eighty dollars period).

I guess not having IMO one bad loaf is better than having two. Still, I'm not watching that channel  again unless they dump Mr. Fieri(with an 'r') along with Mr. Flay.

I wouldn't have paid either them a percentage of the above amounts if I'd had my own Monopoly money printing press in the basement!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Dani said:

Guy Fieri getting $80M epitomizes everything wrong with Food Network right now. He’s known for his over the top personality and not his cooking. I can’t blame those who came to the network based on their actual skills as a chef wanting to paid more than that obnoxious ass. 

I don't watch the Food Network.  But, the Food Network is not a restuarant. It is a TV channel.  So, it more matters who people are going to watch versus who cooks better.  It's just business.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Who leaked the numbers?   Food network to justify letting him go -- see his outrageous demands?   And where they his first offer (always offer high so you can come down)?   Honestly if you are already making $80 million and you are negotiating your next contract what would you start with?   "Oh that's fine, let's just leave it at $80."   Of course not.   You ask for more money.   Especially if they wanted him to appear on a gazillion shows in addition to his own.

• Love 8

I no longer watch the food network. When I did, it wasn’t Mr Flay or Fieri.  I m indifferent about them.  

So, I may actually get Couric’s  book.  I find her story of not knowing about Matt difficult to believe.  Does anyone know if the Jennifer Anniston character on the Morning Show is based on Couric or Meredith Vieria?  it’s supposed to be fiction,but come on…..right on point with The Today Show

https://people.com/tv/katie-couric-on-being-shocked-by-matt-lauer-behavior-seemed-so-callous/

• Useful 2

William Shatner just went to space and back. Far too much rigmorale and procedure involved with getting people out of the capsule. I watched launch, landing, and long enough to make sure he was okay. None of the further fluff surrounding it all.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Anduin said:

William Shatner just went to space and back. Far too much rigmorale and procedure involved with getting people out of the capsule. I watched launch, landing, and long enough to make sure he was okay. None of the further fluff surrounding it all.

From his little speech Shatner now believes he's Capt. Kirk.

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

I don't watch the Food Network.  But, the Food Network is not a restuarant. It is a TV channel.  So, it more matters who people are going to watch versus who cooks better.  It's just business.

I do watch Food Network and I am aware that it is a business. I am of the opinion that their favoring style over substance has hurt the network and turned off many viewers. It’s a sentiment I’ve seen by others who watch the network. There should be a balance of personality and skill. 

11 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Break out the skinny ties, Tears for Fears is releasing their first album in 17 years. They both look completely different now. Roland Orzabal also describes his wife more or less drinking herself to death and being her caretaker when she developed alcohol-related dementia. Several of the songs are inspired by this. The first single/video is in the article.

This is awesome. I loved Tears for Fears. I like it when my old faves put out new material, I'm not one of those that just wants the hits. I've always been a whole album person. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I no longer watch the food network. When I did, it wasn’t Mr Flay or Fieri.  I m indifferent about them.  

I rarely tune in anymore either and when I did or do it isn't for either of them.  I absolutely loathe competitive cooking shows, especially of the "see who can make the most complicated cake EVER" variety and this kind of programming seems to be all that's on when I flick the channel on.

• Love 6