Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I wish him well.   But I am getting so sick of  "reporters" reposting twitter posts or tic-tocs or instagrams posts, taking a few quotes from it and calling it "journalism."    This "article" even quoted the COMMENTS section rather than oh I don't know, reach out to Mr. Felton for a quote or to ask some questions as to WHY he collapsed.   Because the article tell us nothing.   There is not a lick of original reporting anywhere.   

It's not just celebrity news doing this either.   Serious stories about things like house fires, etc. are literally just strings of tweets about the event.  

Journalism schools should just nail the doors shut.

• Love 9
On 9/24/2021 at 12:13 AM, GaT said:

Here's a better shot of her face

1909e43c6f9744f4b9b0a389f0b86586_md.jpg

She certainly looks a lot heavier than she used to, but there's no way to know if it's just getting older weight gain, or PAH weight gain. Either way, I don't think she looks deformed, but I guess if you were once a supermodel & now you look more like a pretty PTA mom, that might seem "deformed" to you.

Here’s an article that explains it and shows example.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4171727/

• Useful 5

So now there is a documentary about the Britney spears vs her dad feud. 

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/britney-vs-spears-netflix-documentary-producer-interview-1235076350/

I haven't followed this story closely but am aware of it and empathetic to Britney and her situation.  Families can suck. 

At the same time though now I see a documentary on netflix about it all being advertised and thinking how much of this is real And how much is more just media hype and attention for her and her 'brand'?  Is this all a PR play to some degree?  Are they all in on it and just creating controversy for attention?  

There were already a few other news based organization documentaries And now another one?

'the oversaturation of Spears centric documentaries was unplanned'.  

From the article.  Was it? I have my doubts.  

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

At the same time though now I see a documentary on netflix about it all being advertised and thinking how much of this is real And how much is more just media hype and attention for her and her 'brand'?  Is this all a PR play to some degree?  Are they all in on it and just creating controversy for attention?  

There may be PR involved but there is no chance they are all in it together. The documentaries are accusing Britney’s father of breaking the law and abusing his authority as her conservator. The FBI is now looking into the claims made against him. 

16 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

There were already a few other news based organization documentaries And now another one?

The documentaries were rushed out because there is a court hearing tomorrow. It’s a big story and everyone wants to get a piece of the pie. 

The documentaries were rushed out because there is a court hearing tomorrow. It’s a big story and everyone wants to get a piece of the pie. 

Given how quickly youtubers can turn out 20 minute to hour-long to movie length (Jesus Christ) videos about a particular topic, I'm not really impressed with average documentaries anymore. Unless there's a real style or narrative strength to it, it's just sourcing footage and possibly finding people to interview and editing that together. 

No reason to think it has anything to do with branding. Unlike the Demi documentaries, I don't think they even have Britney's participation.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Unlike the Demi documentaries, I don't think they even have Britney's participation.

My first thought was Demi Moore was the subject of a documentary then I realized you were talking about Demi Lovato.  Who would have thought there would be two Demis?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Britney Spears has been in a conservatorship for 13 years. She hasn't been allowed to drive herself places, can't control who is allowed to visit, can't remodel her kitchen, gets an allowance while her dad makes double and can't make important medical decisions about her own body. I don't think this is some long con.

Different outlets are making money off of the interest in her case but none of this is being driven by her or her team (who are on opposing sides in this issue.) Britney has even stated that while she is thankful for the support from the #FreeBritney movement, that she doesn't like documentaries or stories that focus on the low points in her life.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Given how quickly youtubers can turn out 20 minute to hour-long to movie length (Jesus Christ) videos about a particular topic, I'm not really impressed with average documentaries anymore. Unless there's a real style or narrative strength to it, it's just sourcing footage and possibly finding people to interview and editing that together. 

No reason to think it has anything to do with branding. Unlike the Demi documentaries, I don't think they even have Britney's participation.

Apparently Britney vs Spears focuses a lot on the two women who made it rather than on Britney's story itself.

• Useful 3
10 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Dolly Parton loving Lil Nas X's cover of Jolene is the pure content I needed today!

OMGEEEE!!!! This absolutely gave me CHILLS! The good kind! I love Dolly’s original version and also Olivia Newton-John’s version. But this just blew me away! I’ll be hearing it on a loop in my head now!

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

OMGEEEE!!!! This absolutely gave me CHILLS! The good kind! I love Dolly’s original version and also Olivia Newton-John’s version. But this just blew me away! I’ll be hearing it on a loop in my head now!

Miley Cyrus actually has a really kickass cover version of this song. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Jamie Spears is so screwed. By just removing him but not ending the conservatorship, the temporary conservator can now examine & hold up to light every penny Jamie ever spent & question every decision he ever made. I have to believe this was done purposely by the judge, & was the reason Jaimie was pushing for the conservatorship to just end.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Jamie Spears is so screwed. By just removing him but not ending the conservatorship, the temporary conservator can now examine & hold up to light every penny Jamie ever spent & question every decision he ever made. I have to believe this was done purposely by the judge, & was the reason Jaimie was pushing for the conservatorship to just end.

Which is exactly what Britney and Rosengart wanted. Jamie is now obligated/forced to hand over all the financial documents.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, praeceptrix said:

And now for something completely different:

Shakira and her son had a run in with a couple of wild boars. In a park. In Barcelona.

🐗😳

I don't know why this surprises me. Alas, feral pigs are becoming more of an issue in the Western world as time goes on. Not only  are they big  with tusks and hooves that can hurt and  can they be very aggressive if they feel threatened but they are said to be the 10th most intelligent animal (the 1st nine being primates). 

Still, I'm a bit surprised that the city authorities let the park be vulnerable to them to this extent instead of having animal control take care of the situation before it got to this. Barcelona is by no means  backwoods spot. Maybe a famous person being assaulted by them might get them to take the problem seriously. Maybe. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Dani said:

Pompeo openly telling this story as thought it doesn’t make her look awful is so bizarre to me. 

I don't get it at all. First she calls him a "motherfucker" then basically tells on him to his wife because she didn't like how he was directing her when he was the episode director. Even for Hollywood that seems super unprofessional.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Dani said:

Ellen Pompeo Says She and Denzel Washington Clashed When He Directed Grey's: 'This Is My Show'

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Denzel Washington one of those famously nice and universally beloved actors in Hollywood? Pompeo openly telling this story as though it doesn’t make her look awful is so bizarre to me. 

Denzel is beloved because of his talent but I think he can also be very prickly. 

This is tough because she was unprofessional but at the same time, I think he was treating this as if he were directing a movie and not a show that had been on for 12 seasons with established norms.

• Love 12

Ellen quite often confuses me.  She says that Denzel didn’t know anything about directing for television, but then talks about what an amazing experience it was to be directed by him. And she’s telling all this to Patrick Dempsey. Isn’t he the same guy she blamed for not helping her with salary negotiations and for making the set toxic? Now they seem to be best friends and she wanted to leave because he was gone?  I’m confused.

The story she is so proud of?  It’s obvious from his comment that Denzel thought Ellen was ordering the actor to look her in the eye.  Her response should have been “I was improvising in character,” not a screaming “this is my set.”

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This is tough because she was unprofessional but at the same time, I think he was treating this as if he were directing a movie and not a show that had been on for 12 seasons with established norms.

I’m guessing it is one of those things that happened with heightened emotions as part of a super dramatic episode and everyone shook off after the fact. The crazy thing to me is that she tells it with zero self-awareness. That she is clueless enough to see it as a fun podcast story. 

I am less surprised after reading more about her. She has a history of saying really problematic things. She is really someone that should not have a podcast. 

I’d be really curious to hear the opinion of the actor that was in the scene with her. If she is willing to be that unprofessional with Denzel Washington what is it like for the no names. Was Denzel upset with her for usurping his role as director or was he speaking up on behalf of an actor being yelled at for his acting choices? 

Edited by Guest

I'm not really choosing sides. I agree with @Crs97 that it seems like a miscommunication but they both messed up if they ended up fighting. She should be allowed to improvise after playing a character for 12 seasons but she also shouldn't have reacted so poorly and escalated. 

"So we didn't get through it without a fight, but you know, that's actors for you — passionate and fiery — and that's where you get the magic, and that's where you get the good stuff." 

What gets me is that she's like, teehee, we created a toxic workplace for everyone else on set. But we're just PASSIONATE, FIERY creative geniuses like that. Girl, you're filming Grey's Anatomy. Calm down. And regardless, no one needs to behave like that just to tell a story. Making art really doesn't have to be tortured, chaotic, traumatizing, etc.

She has a history of saying really problematic things. She is really someone that should not have a podcast. 

Agreed 🤣

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Ellen quite often confuses me.  She says that Denzel didn’t know anything about directing for television, but then talks about what an amazing experience it was to be directed by him.

Are we sure she didn't mean Isaiah Washington ??

10 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Ellen comes off looking awful in that story to me. Denzel does have a reputation of being serious and a little prickly but I've never once heard of him "going ham" on someone. All she had to do was explain that she was improvising in character. She didn't have to call him a motherfucker, didn't have to say "you don't even know where the washrooms are" and didn't have to bring it up again to his wife.

Ellen is right that she has a leadership role on that set and she chose to swear and and belittle a guest director rather than calmly explaining her intentions. She can set the tone for how guest cast and crew are treated and she made it clear both in her behaviour and in how she retells this story that she thinks its okay to treat them like shit rather than be welcoming and open and treat them like artistic collaborators. 

Agree! Too bad Suzanne Pleshette's not around to call her on that! Miss Pleshette wasn't the title star of The Bob Newhart Show but she DID make sure that all guests and newbies were welcome by explaining to  them what was what around the set and even would invite them to join the regulars for lunch at a nearby restaurant. Oh, and Miss Pleshette could have made her blush with her saltier lingo! 

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Crs97 said:

not a screaming “this is my set.”

That is not a good look, the whole "my show/my set" thing. No, it is not Ellen's show. Unless she bought it at some point when I wasn't looking. And she isn't the only person who has been with the show from the beginning, though possible (I haven't watched in a while) the only actor in it from the start? If so, that is...interesting. Either she can't get other work or everyone else didn't want to work on "her show" anymore and bailed. lol

The most shocking thing, to me, is Grey's Anatomy is still producing new episodes? WOW

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

If so, that is...interesting. Either she can't get other work or everyone else didn't want to work on "her show" anymore and bailed. lol

Isn't she (or wasn't she) one of the highest paid actresses (per episode) on TV? It's probably a pretty comfortable position to be in. Especially since she has kind of aged out of the chance to get roles where one of the main qualifications is being young and cute. The only movie that comes to mind when I think of her was Old School and that came out 18 years ago. And I am not sure she is talented enough to do the Reese Witherspoon chart your own course by producing stuff you want to be in kind of thing 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Because of course they did, and now she can continue to make Black Widow movies for them.

Nothing like posting nude photos to celebrate the end of someone looking after your interests.

Britney Spears bares all as she poses for photos during getaway: 'Playing in the Pacific never hurt anybody'

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Crs97 said:

It’s obvious from his comment that Denzel thought Ellen was ordering the actor to look her in the eye.  Her response should have been “I was improvising in character,” not a screaming “this is my set.”

Yeah that's what I don't get. She basically just fueled his assumption she was giving direction to actors. It's the equivalent of retorting to "You can't boss me!" with "Yes I can!" rather than "I wasn't trying to boss you at all." At the very least, she sounds like a socially inept dumbass. 

• Love 13

I guess it also depends on what Ellen meant when she said that Denzel “went ham on my ass” before she responded and ultimately engaged in name-calling at him.  If Denzel was shouting/ swearing at her, I could see her “fight or flight” instinct being activated and her flinging some crap back at him (doesn’t make it right, but I could see how it could happen).  

But for her to relay that as a charming set story (or a good Denzel story at the very least) makes me question the level of toxicity on that set.  Every story I have ever heard about that set makes it sound awful.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I'm not really choosing sides. I agree with @Crs97 that it seems like a miscommunication but they both messed up if they ended up fighting. She should be allowed to improvise after playing a character for 12 seasons but she also shouldn't have reacted so poorly and escalated. 

What gets me is that she's like, teehee, we created a toxic workplace for everyone else on set. But we're just PASSIONATE, FIERY creative geniuses like that. Girl, you're filming Grey's Anatomy. Calm down. And regardless, no one needs to behave like that just to tell a story. Making art really doesn't have to be tortured, chaotic, traumatizing, etc.

Agreed 🤣

Agree, agree, agree.

Being around people who are very emotional and dramatic and don't try to control it is so uncomfortable. There's a couple in my life who's "passionate" like that and it is not fun to be around them when they're angry with each other.

Actors may have more experience dealing with that sort of personality, but many make a point not to make art torture.

I never did watch Grey's, but I can see why Patrick Dempsey was dubbed McDreamy. I'm not sure if medical dramas are my thing, but Patrick is so hot he probably could have gotten me into Friends if he were on it. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6

That "went ham on my ass" comment Ellen made about Denzel made it seem like he was about to assault her.  Now maybe she didn't mean for it to sound like that, but she really did come off as a Karen* to me. 

*Sorry, nice Karens.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I wasn't on this set, so I don't know what sort of abuse Denzel Washington hurled at Ellen Pompeo, but her describing him as going "ham" on her (whatever the fuck that means -- I've never heard this before but I assume it means he went crazy) sounds a bit Amy Cooper to me.

Like, if he had literally been disrespectful or rude or inappropriate, would she have described it as "an amazing experience"? It's like she knows he was being reasonable.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 7