Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/18/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Just now, OnTime said:

Since it was confirmed that masks are necessary, she has been all lathered up that she was lied to about the effectiveness of masks and that she gave her masks away.

Because of course it's simply impossible to buy (or make) masks now.  Except, well, no.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I  get that Sara is wrong for The View (which I blame on ABC), but Meghan needs stop it  and stop it NOW.

I keep hoping that with the change in the WH and a re-introduction of civility and common courtesy that the big guns at The View will  see that this bullying behavior is so last year.

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan smacked Sara down again today. 

I  get that Sara is wrong for The View (which I blame on ABC), but Meghan needs stop it  and stop it NOW.

I wonder if that's why they've made Sunny go after Meghan these days? Because I feel like Sunny has used her segments to immediately call out whatever lies Meghan has just finished spewing.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I’m convinced that Meghan is living out her secret fantasy of being a Housewife on The Real Housewives - politics edition. She likes drama, likes being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and enjoys seeing her name in the headlines daily, good or bad.

That’s about it. 

This is awesome, @GoldenGirl90, it totally made me crack up.  You nailed it, gurl!

"It's funny 'cause it's true." --  Homer Jay Simpson.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Right.  And her rant is based on a lie.   Fauci never said throw away your mask.   At the time he said everyday people didn't need them and they were needed by medical professionals and the very sick.   He was also referring to medical grade masks and likely not what MM allegedly threw away.   But most importantly, when better data was available he came back and said he was incorrect and everyone should wear them.   

What masks did she throw away?   Because when Fauci was telling people NOT to use masks, the only ones available were the blue disposable ones from medical supplies  (that are intended to use once and toss)  or the N95 masks that you could buy at a hardware store that people used to protect their lungs when spray-painting or using chemicals.  He said it wasn't necessary for people outside of medical settings to wear them, and urged people not to place orders for the masks that would then mean medical personnel would go without them. 

The cloth masks that we all have now ?  those started to be manufactured and sold AFTER Dr. Fauci told people to wear masks.   I remember that as soon as Fauci was advising people to wear masks, news shows were talking about fabric stores and other places that were making them.  Those masks didn't exist before then!   

There was never  a time when cloth masks were being sold, and Dr Fauci said don't bother, throw them away.  If Meghan is saying she had a collection of re-usable cloth masks BEFORE April 2020, she is straight up LYING.  

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

What masks did she throw away?   Because when Fauci was telling people NOT to use masks, the only ones available were the blue disposable ones from medical supplies  (that are intended to use once and toss)  or the N95 masks that you could buy at a hardware store that people used to protect their lungs when spray-painting or using chemicals.  He said it wasn't necessary for people outside of medical settings to wear them, and urged people not to place orders for the masks that would then mean medical personnel would go without them. 

The cloth masks that we all have now ?  those started to be manufactured and sold AFTER Dr. Fauci told people to wear masks.   I remember that as soon as Fauci was advising people to wear masks, news shows were talking about fabric stores and other places that were making them.  Those masks didn't exist before then!   

There was never  a time when cloth masks were being sold, and Dr Fauci said don't bother, throw them away.  If Meghan is saying she had a collection of re-usable cloth masks BEFORE April 2020, she is straight up LYING.  

I remember she said originally she had some from travels so you know damn well it wasn’t a ton of them. She is such a sour faced woman. Can’t be healthy and Liberty will see this one day. Like Elizabeth , she thinks she’s a forced to be dealt with.    
Such a good point that she defends people who belittled her beloved father. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I remember Christian Siriano being one of the first people to step up and have his seamstresses start making masks. I was so proud of him.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Is it my tv or does Meghan have red eyeliner on? She looks demonic.   She is shitting all over my happiness about the new administration and personally, I don't need it. I am going to find something else to do with this hour.

That red eyeshadow or whatever she schmeared under her eyes made her look like she had pink-eye.

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Why does Megan have to be so hateful? so now President Biden is a phony hypocrite and Doctor Fauci is a liar.  As always Megan is using partial truths and misinformation to push her agenda. She is really the worst person that has ever been on the view.  I love how the ladies are just over her and are just tolerating her awful presence..

As others have stated, because that's her personality. Always has been. Always will be. She's whining about the same old thing back when Fauci determined in April, after the SCIENCE showed him and other scientists and doctors, that masks should be worn.

As for Biden not wearing a mask in that special? He.WAS.THE.ONLY.ONE.THERE. Aside from the cameramen, who, I'm sure were more than six feet away, and were wearing masks themselves.

So shut your pie hole, Your Twatness. So glad Joy asked Sunny what she thought of the false equivalency that Meghan spewed out.

18 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

She is Straight up LYING. When would she have collected any masks prior to the pandemic? Her ass has been on this show practically everyday since she joined. And unless she went gallivanting to countries that required masks while she was bereavement leave, she's lying. Because she didn't go anywhere out of the country.

Of course she would ask Mayor Pete about the National Guard situation. And of course she gets it wrong. They are not under the purview of Congress, you twat. It's the Capitol Police. That's an example right there--her opening her mouth and trying to create divisiveness with her idiotic ignorant questions.

I loved how Joy only let her ask just one question to Mayor Pete and only one question to Lopez, but that Sara, Sunny, and Anna got to ask multiple questions!

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That red eyeshadow or whatever she schmeared under her eyes made her look like she had pink-eye.

Thank you. That was what I was seeing, too. I try hard not to have red eyes so that seems like a strange choice.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She is Straight up LYING. When would she have collected any masks prior to the pandemic? Her ass has been on this show practically everyday since she joined. And unless she went gallivanting to countries that required masks while she was bereavement leave, she's lying. Because she didn't go anywhere out of the country.

Just gives her one more thing that makes her a victim. 

• Love 11

Everything Megan says is conservative talking points.  Believe me I hear them lol.  But she never explains why or how her views come about.
All the other cohosts seem to be able to explain their point of view ( yes, even Sarah ).  

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Everything Megan says is conservative talking points.  Believe me I hear them lol.  But she never explains why or how her views come about.
All the other cohosts seem to be able to explain their point of view ( yes, even Sarah ).  

She doesn't have a point of view. She as you said regurgitates her tribe's point of view. 

Contrast Meghan to Ana who clearly articulates her point of view and why she believes what she believes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

Right.  And her rant is based on a lie.   Fauci never said throw away your mask.   At the time he said everyday people didn't need them and they were needed by medical professionals and the very sick.   He was also referring to medical grade masks and likely not what MM allegedly threw away.   But most importantly, when better data was available he came back and said he was incorrect and everyone should wear them.   

For a self-proclaimed intelligent, educated woman, Meghan's incredibly slow. And honestly, I'm all for giving dumb folks a break. I appreciate people being easy on me if I'm ignorant on something, but she frustrates me because she's so hateful and thinks she's a genius. 

2 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Same thing happened here in Canada (and probably most other countries).  The initial advice about wearing masks changed and the anti-maskers will never stop using that as the reason why wearing masks is wrong (and my freedom and etc etc).  Instead of acknowledging that we've been living through unprecedented times and the approaches to dealing with it have evolved they cling to "but last March you said masks aren't needed - you guys are liars".  Meghan's the poster child for this attitude.  I wish the other women would shout her down more often!

Yes, and also simply a child, a bratty child. 

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Thank you @Haleth!

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that she didn't throw away anything at all and that it was made up drama she came up with along with someone else that lives mighty close to her.

I wouldn't be surprised either. She has to find something to make her a victim. 

2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

It is what she does.  It is actually all she does.  It is  her default personality.  She said yesterday she hopes Biden's administration will find a cure cancer. So if he doesn't find a cure Meghan will criticize him for that. Ignoring the fact that the previous 45 presidents didn't find a cure either. 

Meghan's motto is to critique and expect perfection from the left, but try to understand and assume the right always does their best. Partisan hack! 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

Thank you! I could not believe it when she said Fauci lied and told Americans to throw away their masks. What a stupid bitch. And why is she still beating this drum? There were plenty of things that doctors said in the early days that have changed as they learned more? How does she not realize how stupid she sounds?

Another interesting thing today was that part way through the show, MeAgain attempted to smile several times. It didn't work, but "my producer" is coaching her to smile more.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I really like Sara and am glad she's back. I like hearing insights from someone who doesn't live and breathe politics. I feel bad for how little she gets to contribute since she's the only one who doesn't interrupt everyone else. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I’m convinced that Meghan is living out her secret fantasy of being a Housewife on The Real Housewives - politics edition. She likes drama, likes being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian and enjoys seeing her name in the headlines daily, good or bad.

That’s about it. 

Andy Cohen, can we please trade Meghan for some random Housewife? She'll get her fantasy come true, and we'll get ours.

P.S. just keep her off Beverly Hills and Dallas, please and thank you. 

• Love 7

A couple of weeks ago, Joy told Me-Again that she did not miss her, not one bit, zero. Today gleefully Joy welcomed  Ana to the show and said she was so happy she was there. Ouch!

the shade GIF by Pepsi

Me-Again's idiotic comments about masks today are getting her lots of attention on her twitter as she retweeted that segment that was posted on The View twitter. The comments are pretty much what we are saying here, and more.

I really don't understand her attacks on Biden. On Tuesday's show when they closed out the episode before the Inauguration, she could be seen smiling and cheering that Trump was on his way out. Here we are a a few days later and she is slamming everything she can about Biden. Her own mother supported Biden and said so on The View.

Here's an article about the comments she made re Fauci and Biden.

https://toofab.com/2021/01/22/meghan-mccain-dr-fauci-joe-biden-masks-the-view/

• Love 8

Digesting the past two days....

Whoopi: Wow, she was confused and disoriented as ever. Her job is to moderate, and throw her opinion in at the end. She still can't do that, no matter how much she doesn't try.

Sarah: The most interesting thing about Sarah the past two days was the fact that she was wearing a wig on Thursday, and her natural hair on Friday. How can I tell ? Well, for starters, on Thursday her wig was parted on her left, and there was no part line where you could see her scalp on the top of her head. On Friday, her part was on the right side of her head and you can see her scalp on the part line. Second, her hair was much fuller on Thursday and much thinner on Friday. Third, on Thursday - if you looked closely at the screen - you can see the edge of the skull cap on her forehead which was holding her hair under her wig. It was missing on Friday.  And that was the most interesting thing about Sarah the past tow days.

Sunny: After poet Amanda Gorman stunned at the inauguration on Wednesday with her bright yellow winter coat, it was inevitable that Sunny would copy her this week when the show returned. And predictable Sunny didn't disappoint - only Gorman looked much more elegant  in her yellow coat. Sunny looked like she ran out to Marshall's to buy a cheap knock-off before the show started. And she really needs to dump all her janky wigs she bought at the dollar stores.

Joy: The fact that she constantly plays 'wicked stepmother' to MeAgain never gets old. I love how she pisses her off. One of these days, I hope she quips, "Too bad your family never made it to the White House, eh ? Why did your father stupidly pick Sarah Palin? Tell us again..."

MeAgain:  *sigh*  Why was she wearing pink eyeliner on her bottom eyelids ? She looked like a rabbit. Anyhow, I guess she is now going into reverse with everything she once believed in over the past four years. Once a patriot, she now believes Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley, complicit with Trump in the insurrection at the capitol, should sit on the dais with Biden at his inauguration.  Bless her kind heart. And her 'gotcha' journalism with Mayor Pete and other Democrats always lands with a whimper. Maybe she needs a new strategy...

Side note: When are they finally going to make Amy Kobuchar a permanent host on the show ? She's there more than Ana this season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

That actually makes sense.  She is intentionally antagonistic towards Joy.  If she isn't being a whiny brat the media doesn't pay attention to her.  She would  never actually be on a Real Housewives show because she knows those women would eat her alive.  So she stays on the View and uses that exposure to further her brand. Which she probably thinks is smart political pundit who has been in politics her whole life but is in reality poster child for spoiled rich kid entitlement.  

Yeah, Meghan's honestly much more bitchy and catty than some of those Housewives, but could you imagine her treating one of the women who throw wine glasses or flip tables the way she treats Joy? And there'd be no Whoopi Goldberg to cut to break. Meghan wouldn't last one season. 

4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Plus, she likes to use copious amounts of bad makeup - another Real Housewives trademark!  

I bet, now that she is "living in DC" (not....), she is hitting up Andy Cohen to rework and bring back the Real Housewives of D.C.!!!  

Ooh D.C. Housewives is a great idea! I was never into that one. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I agree.  It was not a good look at all. Like she had a cold, or eye infection, or had been up all night crying.  

I think Joy's glasses have those transition lenses, that change in reaction to light.  My husband has those, and they stay dark when he comes in from outside, and they also darken in bright indoor lights.  I wish Joy would get glasses with regular lenses, just for doing The VIew. 

Why would Dr. Fauci care enough about if you had masks to tell you to throw them away?  He may want everyone in masks now but back then why would he waste his time to tell people to throw them away?  The man definitely has had more important things to worry about.

Plus, Meghan is a very wealthy woman.  Every time she mentions giving away the masks it just emphasizes how uncharitable she is.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan who does not believe in science like the rest of her team has no idea that science is always evolving when we know better we do better.  There was a time people believed that HIV/AIDS could be transmitted via the air now we know that is not the case. 

This is so true.  When I was pregnant back in the 70's, doctors thought is was ok for expectant moms to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes while pregnant.  LOL, I saved the booklet my obstetrician's office gave me back in 1971 and in it is says that it's probably not a good idea to drink too much because you might lose your balance and fall!  Nothing about how it might harm the unborn baby. Are you kidding me?!  (Luckily I didn't drink back then and didn't smoke.) My point is, once studies were done, the rules changed.

Also, if I recall, initially they thought Covid was spread mostly by touch, hence we were wiping down and disinfecting everything in sight like crazy.  Then once they determined it was airborne, that's when everyone started wearing masks.

Why is MM so hateful?  And what's with the pink/red eyeliner?

Edited by debbie311
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As others have stated, because that's her personality. Always has been. Always will be. She's whining about the same old thing back when Fauci determined in April, after the SCIENCE showed him and other scientists and doctors, that masks should be worn.

As for Biden not wearing a mask in that special? He.WAS.THE.ONLY.ONE.THERE. Aside from the cameramen, who, I'm sure were more than six feet away, and were wearing masks themselves.

So shut your pie hole, Your Twatness. So glad Joy asked Sunny what she thought of the false equivalency that Meghan spewed out.

Of course she would ask Mayor Pete about the National Guard situation. And of course she gets it wrong. They are not under the purview of Congress, you twat. It's the Capitol Police. That's an example right there--her opening her mouth and trying to create divisiveness with her idiotic ignorant questions.

I loved how Joy only let her ask just one question to Mayor Pete and only one question to Lopez, but that Sara, Sunny, and Anna got to ask multiple questions!

She needs to learn the difference between an opinion and truth/lies.  Her opinion might be she doesn’t like fauci, but it’s lying to say he lied about masks.  That’s not an opinion, that simply not the truth.  She does that a lot.  And no one had cloth masks at that point.  Last spring the only masks I’d ever seen were at the clinic , where they said wear one if you had a cold or flu, or Home Depot for painting and construction. Even Christian Sirianos  offer was to make masks for health care personnel because they didn’t have enough N95 masks.  She’s outright lying and I wish someone would call her on it, especially the stuff with fauci because she’s been spewing it for months.  The red underliner is just weird and awful.  Pete was great as usual.  Also got a tear in the eye when he mentioned his husband being there.  

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 13
Just now, JayD83 said:

It must suck being so angry/self righteous all the time. 

What a way to go through life.  On The VIew she behaved liked this all while her "side" was in power.  Nothing's changed.  Would anything actually make her happy?

• Love 15

Today MM said Dems control all 3 branches of government.  Why doesn't someone on the panel remind the pundint that the 3 branches of the US Govt are the executive, the legislative and the judicial.  While there is a Dem in the White House, and Congress does have a Dem majority, the Supreme Court is not controlled by the Dems.  Why do they let her get away with lies!

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Which is why they are so easily refuted by Joy, Sunny, and every dem she tries to filet.     She would come off better if she could separate herself and her beliefs  from the republican party.  But she can't.   Almost makes me wonder what she really believes in her heart of hearts.  Maybe she's incapable to explaining her point of view because she doesn't really believe what she says.    Her identity is so entrenched as being John McCain's daughter and a conservative she doesn't know how to be anything else in political discussions.    That's also why she's a little better in reality show and light weight discussions.   she doesn't have to stick to the talking points.    

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, bella1716 said:

I wanna see an articulate conservative who is not a Trump supporter but can still offer insight into the Republican perspective and balance the table without being so inflammatory all the time. So far, I'm only familiar with Ana Navarro, but I'm sure there's others we don't know about. 

Also, I hate to say this because I practically begged for her to come back, but Sara isn't doing it for me this time around. She's just not very interesting anymore. I'd rather see another younger moderate or a young progressive. 

19 hours ago, After7Only said:

They’ve tested a few on the show over the years.   Tara Setmayer was very good, but of course MM hated/was jealous of her much like Anna.   I think a good rule of thumb would be any conservative that MM doesn’t like.  😀

Tara Setmayer is wonderful, and I've said for years that she'd be perfect for this show.  She fits the bill:  Republican, conservative, intelligent, informed, and pleasant.  She and Ana are proof that you can be a strong conservative without being nasty about it.

Regarding Nutmeg's "pink eye", I happened upon an article earlier today (which, of course I can't find now) that was seriously inquiring if MM was showing signs of COVID - LOL.

• Love 7

So MeAgain is actually trending on twitter, and not in a good way, for the idiotic comments she made today and yesterday on The View.

I guess she's happy about that. It would be hard to tell though, with that dour mug of hers and her infectious pink eyes.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan smacked Sara down again today. 

I’m not the biggest fan of Sara - I’m mostly indifferent towards her tbh - but I wish she’d stick up for herself more when Meghan bullies her. I know she’s done it a couple of times and I’m sure she’d rather just let it go instead of arguing because she’s not a confrontational person, but still. The way Meghan talks down to her for no reason is horrible and she does it repeatedly because she knows Sara rarely defends herself.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I’m not the biggest fan of Sara - I’m mostly indifferent towards her tbh - but I wish she’d stick up for herself more when Meghan bullies her. I know she’s done it a couple of times and I’m sure she’d rather just let it go instead of arguing because she’s not a confrontational person, but still. The way Meghan talks down to Sara for no reason is horrible and she does it repeatedly because she knows Sara rarely defends herself.

Yep.  Meghan knows that she can walk all over Sara.  The others all are good at tripping Meghan when she tries to walk over them.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, pachebo said:

As for Meghan donating/giving away her old masks... who in their right mind would wear a mask she had previously worn? They could permanently disfigure your lower face into a prunish scowl!

And, if you’re not a medical professional, why would you have a stockpile of masks before the pandemic?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Probably her imaginary masks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My university has Science research labs that use medical-grade masks, bought en masse to save money, and we donated all but 1-2 months worth (unused in original packaging) to the university hospital last March.  Not because we didn't think they helped prevent COVID transmission, but because nurses, doctors, EMTs etc. needed them more urgently than we did.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 1/22/2021 at 2:41 PM, bannana said:

Thank you! I could not believe it when she said Fauci lied and told Americans to throw away their masks. What a stupid bitch. And why is she still beating this drum? There were plenty of things that doctors said in the early days that have changed as they learned more? How does she not realize how stupid she sounds?

My co-worker was saying to me tonight the same thing that Meghan has said about masks.  But here's the kicker: she's the head nurse at the hospital I work at!  OMFG!

Edited by HerkyJerky
Seeking clarity (just like on The Bachelor...)